Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
63.64%
Rockcastle County
36.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lawrence County at Rockcastle County 11/10 Friday Night
Some really dumb comments on this thread. From some who ought to know better.
If the weather is bad, I’d take the home team. LC has had ball handling issues all season.
That happens Friday, RC will win by a wide margin. If not, we’ve got a good one.
On speed - I got news for y’all: neither team is going to the Olympic trials in sprints.
RC has a very nice QB, a couple of good role players too. Good team. They’re a challenge for whomever.
But know this - Casey Co, 5-6 on the year, ran for 228 on RC in a tough 27-13 loss and held Warren, who is good, well below his averages. If you don’t think a jacked up LC team can do the same or much, much more, you’re either delusional or stupid or both.
I still am picking RCHS. I like Warren, Larkey and they’re well coached in all facets. And I think home in the chilly rain favors them. Should be fun.
If LC wins the run over battle, then I’m taking them by 2 scores. If they don’t, it’s a toss up. RC lost to Paris…Raceland blasted Paris. LC took Belfry to the wire and Raceland was just a touch better than Belfry in the scrimmage, imo. Going by those eye tests…I’m going with LC

LC 22
RC 14
(11-06-2023, 02:06 PM)papagrit Wrote: It's gonna be a tough game for Rockcastle.  Lawrence County took Belfry down to a one score game.  That says a lot to me about Lawrence County as does the Boyd one score game and Boyd being  pretty good this year.  I'd say it's a toss up with the slight advantage to Rockcastle at home after Lawrence has that long drive that day.  I was at the 2010 game that they posted above which was the last time Rockcastle played Lawrence.  My two sons were in that game.  I have perspective on that drive and I wasn't on a school bus...but I wasn't 17 years old either and feeling young and full of piss and vinegar.  It's gonna be a tough game for both teams.
Forgive Smashmouth for his enthusiasm.  He's a Rock fan through and through and if they played, the Rockets actually WOULD beat the Georgia Bulldogs if Rockcastle had home field advantage.  He expects a win every time from his team.  Can't fault that other than his enthusiasm comes through as cockiness on here.  He's a decent guy after you get to know him.
I too was at that game as I am every game for the past 15 years. I remember a decent qb coming in late a freshman at the time and he ended up driving Rock down the field and scoring and we thought we had us a qb which in all fairness McPhetridge did have a breakout senior year and passed for over 2K yards I believe he was the last one to do that at rock but he didn’t run for 1k like Warren has this year. He was more of a pocket passer. Appreciate the kind words and as you have said you hit the nail on the head I am very supportive of the rockets and some times it does come off in a way I don’t mean for it to that’s why I always end up confused in why ppl are getting pissy but part of forums you can’t always read the same way things are said. I try oh well go Rock!

(11-06-2023, 02:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 02:06 PM)papagrit Wrote: It's gonna be a tough game for Rockcastle.  Lawrence County took Belfry down to a one score game.  That says a lot to me about Lawrence County as does the Boyd one score game and Boyd being  pretty good this year.  I'd say it's a toss up with the slight advantage to Rockcastle at home after Lawrence has that long drive that day.  I was at the 2010 game that they posted above which was the last time Rockcastle played Lawrence.  My two sons were in that game.  I have perspective on that drive and I wasn't on a school bus...but I wasn't 17 years old either and feeling young and full of piss and vinegar.  It's gonna be a tough game for both teams.
Forgive Smashmouth for his enthusiasm.  He's a Rock fan through and through and if they played, the Rockets actually WOULD beat the Georgia Bulldogs if Rockcastle had home field advantage.  He expects a win every time from his team.  Can't fault that other than his enthusiasm comes through as cockiness on here.  He's a decent guy after you get to know him.

Smashmouth is a little delusional at times, but I'm one of his biggest fans. He loves his team no matter what.
Spoken like a true Legend ;-) more like I aspire to be the one and only Dougie hahha
[-] The following 2 users Like SmashMouth17's post:
  • dbcooper, pjdoug
(11-06-2023, 10:50 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: How do you know that the LC defense doesn’t have the speed as Rock’s offense? So you’re saying Rock’s offense is better than Belfry? I would even go as far as saying they have seen offenses as good as Rock. Belfry was good, Shelby Valley was good, Perry Central was good. Heck, even Boyd and Mason had good offenses with really good quarterbacks.
I have to say this is the most outlandish post of the week. No team on LC schedule has half the firepower of rock. I would go on to say rock has 2 guys who are faster than any player LC has seen. The only reason rock has lost a game is 5 turnovers, and unless that happens again, it’s a 3 score game. LCs only chance is dominating the trenches enough to make a difference.

(11-06-2023, 04:18 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: If LC wins the run over battle, then I’m taking them by 2 scores. If they don’t, it’s a toss up. RC lost to Paris…Raceland blasted Paris. LC took Belfry to the wire and Raceland was just a touch better than Belfry in the scrimmage, imo. Going by those eye tests…I’m going with LC

LC 22
RC 14
If you want to compare scores, Lawrence lost to boyd at home, bell put up 60 on boyd in 3 quarters and had a running clock on the road after a 4 hour trip, and rock beat bell on the road.
If they have that much speed, y’all should just head straight for the SEC! Heck! Skip that and grab Coach Prime from Boulder and take over the Broncos.
With all that Rocket talent, even Joe Bureau couldn’t beat you guys!!!
(11-06-2023, 05:13 PM)dbcooper Wrote: If they have that much speed, y’all should just head straight for the SEC! Heck! Skip that and grab Coach Prime from Boulder and take over the Broncos.
You will see come Friday night is all I can say I’ve told people all year and no one believed me until we played. It’s just what it is. Come Friday when you make that long journey back home you can reflect that’s not me even being cocky that’s just me saying wait and see for your self.

When Caleb runs by your entire team and catches one for 60+ yards Friday night maybe you will see idk
After a 3.5 hour drive to Harlan County, anything less isn’t bad at all.
(11-06-2023, 05:22 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 05:13 PM)dbcooper Wrote: If they have that much speed, y’all should just head straight for the SEC! Heck! Skip that and grab Coach Prime from Boulder and take over the Broncos.
You will see come Friday night is all I can say I’ve told people all year and no one believed me until we played. It’s just what it is. Come Friday when you make that long journey back home you can reflect that’s not me even being cocky that’s just me saying wait and see for your self.

When Caleb runs by your entire team and catches one for 60+ yards Friday night maybe you will see idk

We will see. I’ve already watched your team on film and acknowledged you have a very good quarterback and some nice skill guys.

But I have to ask, against Casey Co did you forget to let all those blazers out of the locker room? I saw the nice players I pointed out, but The Flash and Rocket Ismail were not among them.
In fact, most of them look like average high school football players - no more no less.
With the exception of one mountain of a young man, that’s what will get off the buses for LC, too. No blinding speed, no frightening size. Kids who play hard.
I’ve always loved Rockcastle because they’re so much like east Kentucky people - down to earth, pleasant decent God fearing people who love football and community and have a strong grip on reality.
Obviously, there are exceptions to every impression.
(11-06-2023, 05:09 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 10:50 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: How do you know that the LC defense doesn’t have the speed as Rock’s offense? So you’re saying Rock’s offense is better than Belfry? I would even go as far as saying they have seen offenses as good as Rock. Belfry was good, Shelby Valley was good, Perry Central was good. Heck, even Boyd and Mason had good offenses with really good quarterbacks.
I have to say this is the most outlandish post of the week. No team on LC schedule has half the firepower of rock. I would go on to say rock has 2 guys who are faster than any player LC has seen. The only reason rock has lost a game is 5 turnovers, and unless that happens again, it’s a 3 score game. LCs only chance is dominating the trenches enough to make a difference.

(11-06-2023, 04:18 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: If LC wins the run over battle, then I’m taking them by 2 scores. If they don’t, it’s a toss up. RC lost to Paris…Raceland blasted Paris. LC took Belfry to the wire and Raceland was just a touch better than Belfry in the scrimmage, imo. Going by those eye tests…I’m going with LC

LC 22
RC 14
If you want to compare scores, Lawrence lost to boyd at home, bell put up 60 on boyd in 3 quarters and had a running clock on the road after a 4 hour trip, and rock beat bell on the road.
I'll stop by the locker room and warn the Dawgs about the NFL team they are about to play!! Talking about a weak schedule. If they played anyone other tougher teams than lawrence county I'll give you a cookie!!
Rockcastle will take this one at home.
(11-06-2023, 06:16 PM)Senters_93 Wrote:

LC 22
RC 14
I'll stop by the locker room and warn the Dawgs about the NFL team they are about to play!! Talking about a weak schedule. If they played anyone other tougher teams than lawrence county I'll give you a cookie!!
dude you are just dismissing what we all are saying by trying to equivalent schedules when that has no impact on this game what so ever.  Forget who they played and look at the matchup on the field. Rock has speed, LC doesn’t match up. Speed kills. Nuff said.
LC doesn’t match up? That’s subjective I suppose! I believe they match up better than what many believe.
dude you are just dismissing what we all are saying by trying to equivalent schedules when that has no impact on this game what so ever.  Forget who they played and look at the matchup on the field. Rock has speed, LC doesn’t match up. Speed kills. Nuff said.
[/quote]

By what measure? You got everybody’s 40 times? What’s more you got shuttle and 3 cone times?
No, you don’t. You’re a homer. Just like the rest of us.
You clowns act like LC has never played a fast team. Like our kids have only faced teams with concrete shoes. I’d wager Mason has 10 kids as fast as you want in track speed or game speed. Pretty sure LC has seen speed and size.
But they face this garbage all the time. If it proves out, get back on here and tell me you and your pals knew it all along and tried to tell me.
Fact is, you, like me, have no clue how a bunch of 15-18 year old boys are gonna play this Friday.
I will grant you this, comparing scores IS useless. So is fan forum chat.
Y’all win, I’ll be congratulating you right up front and probably cheering you as far as you can go.
But this “speed kills” junk is just idiotic. Speed is one factor. But it doesn’t nullify heart, effort, football IQ, strength, etc.
Good luck to your kids on Friday. Hope everyone comes out healthy and the winner wins it all. Even tho I know we’re waaaay too slow, dumb, isolated, ignernt, and all that to even be in a playoff.
We always are.
(11-06-2023, 05:46 PM)dbcooper Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 05:22 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:

We will see. I’ve already watched your team on film and acknowledged you have a very good quarterback and some nice skill guys.

But I have to ask, against Casey Co did you forget to let all those blazers out of the locker room? I saw the nice players I pointed out, but The Flash and Rocket Ismail were not among them.
In fact, most of them look like average high school football players - no more no less.
With the exception of one mountain of a young man, that’s what will get off the buses for LC, too. No blinding speed, no frightening size. Kids who play hard.
I’ve always loved Rockcastle because they’re so much like east Kentucky people - down to earth, pleasant decent God fearing people who love football and community and have a strong grip on reality.
Obviously, there are exceptions to every impression.
We sat larkey all night that night it was senior night he played first two plays and benched rest of night. Caleb Moore do didn’t do much that night as he was healing up from nagging injury all should be a go come Friday offense and defense for both star players were playing them but only as need base if the game looks like we will need them Friday we most certainly will be using them as we’re looking to big picture and that is getting to Kroger but if we have to play them they certainly can be played. No disrespect toward Casey but we only played them enough to get the win
(11-06-2023, 02:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Smashmouth is a little delusional at times, but I'm one of his biggest fans. He loves his team no matter what.
Sometimes we would like to give him away
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKSOLID69's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-06-2023, 06:55 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 06:16 PM)Senters_93 Wrote:

LC 22
RC 14
 Rock has some good players. 2 recievers ranked in the top 10 in 3A. A qb that can get it done, yess Noone said they didn't have weapons that could take it to the house at any time!
I'll make sure to keep my eyes open friday to see flash and superman bring the heat! 
2 teams that haven't had the best past seasons collide in this game. 
See you in 4 days
#ALLInLC
Well said DB Cooper! None of us know how it’s going to go on Friday despite how hard we try and act on here and say we think we know. The teams have to line up and play and then we can talk afterwards. I wish both teams the best of luck and may it be a clean, hard hitting, fun game.
This will be tough game. Lawrence could have easily won there district. I have faith in Rock offence. Its the defense that will decide this one. Tucker may just be the best QB to play at rock along with probably the best WR core we have had as well. But can they get enough stops to win. Also the Rockets have had district championship teams the the past few years. Yet still have not been able to get passed the 2nd round. Go back to August and everyone was doubting rock and some had them preseason ranked 4th in there district. And to be in the position they are in now. Gotta stay hungry to advance.
will say rock 21-15 final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKSOLID69's post:
  • dbcooper
Back in my high school days it seemed like we played Lawrence county every year in the playoffs. I remember a super fan they had that would run out with the team and wore shoulder pads with spikes on it. I used to know his name but I can't remember. After I graduated It might of been 2012 or sometime around then I got a chance to talk to this gentleman at a game. He loved his Bulldogs and nice to talk to
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am actually hoping to be in the area I hope to be at this game
His name is Dougie “Bulldog” Vanhoose and he is still around the team
First thing Lawrence County has a good team and I don’t know how this game will turn out but I pick Lawrence County but I do know one thing these Lawrence County posters will (if they lose) say they have a better team than the other team no matter what the score that some of this or that hadn’t happened they would have won and make more excuses than anyone I have ever seen so hopefully this is a good game and all the players come out injury free but I give to both sides in this thread you guys(or gals whichever is the case) are definitely very supportive of your team
I have no problem congratulating a team in a victory and yes I’m a LC poster. Anyone who supports a team will believe and say these things when they know what the team is capable of and that they beat themselves.
I am a Raceland fan, first of all, so I have no dog in this fight. Just a fan of HS football…I was told to look at the product that is going to be on the field…so I am.

I watched some more film, clips, etc…Rockcastle is atheletic and has some good speed. Tucker and Moore are above average HS players. But not quite what a lot of people are making them out to be. They are going to break some long plays. But they are no more fast and atheletic than Ransom, Webb, Holman were from Paris was. Their QB is better, but 90% of their offense comes from just slinging the ball around. Bell is not the Bell of old. They are solid, but not what they once were.

RC Offense:
They try to hit big plays down the field early and force your secondary to run with the WR There is no deception or creativity in the run game, 80% of their rushing yards are from Tucker. He completes some big passes, then runs a draw for a big play.

LC Defense:
Plays pretty balanced. Short likes to play zone. Which works in their favor against RC. RC looks to spread you out and run you off the ball. Playing zone allows for better containment. LC does a good job against the run in their base defense. That allows for more guys sideline to sideline to neutralize RCs speed.

LC Offense:
Downhill in the run game and sets up PA. Not as one dimensional as they have been in years prior. Their QB can hurt you if you sale out on the run. Plenty of atheletes. Very atheletic on the OL.

RC defense:
Again…plays Zone but plays man at times as well. Their secondary is very athletic and does a good job against the pass. They can run with anybody really and play man. Suspect to giving up chunk yards in the run game though. The only game they were able to shut down the run game of an opponent was against Pineville.

Apples to apples, this game looks a lot better for RC on paper. I will agree, this will may very well be the fastest team speed LC has seen this year, but I don’t think RC has played a team as physical as LC. RC has better skill athletes but LC has the better atheletes upfront.

Looking at what both teams bring to the table, which is what I was told to do lol…LC is the more consistent team defensively. Their offense allows to eat the clock. This game reminds me a lot of the Raceland/Williamsburg match up in the regional championship awhile back. Raceland was really more atheletic, but Williamsburg was better upfront and had a better rushing attack.

I will change my prediction to LC by a score.

If I’m wrong and RC scores 50 points and blows LC out…I will eat my crow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Red and Black
Very well said, great analysis!
(11-06-2023, 08:45 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I am a Raceland fan, first of all, so I have no dog in this fight. Just a fan of HS football…I was told to look at the product that is going to be on the field…so I am.

I watched some more film, clips, etc…Rockcastle is atheletic and has some good speed. Tucker and Moore are above average HS players. But not quite what a lot of people are making them out to be. They are going to break some long plays. But they are no more fast and atheletic than Ransom, Webb, Holman were from Paris was. Their QB is better, but 90% of their offense comes from just slinging the ball around. Bell is not the Bell of old. They are solid, but not what they once were.

RC Offense:
They try to hit big plays down the field early and force your secondary to run with the WR There is no deception or creativity in the run game, 80% of their rushing yards are from Tucker. He completes some big passes, then runs a draw for a big play.

LC Defense:
Plays pretty balanced. Short likes to play zone. Which works in their favor against RC. RC looks to spread you out and run you off the ball. Playing zone allows for better containment. LC does a good job against the run in their base defense. That allows for more guys sideline to sideline to neutralize RCs speed.

LC Offense:
Downhill in the run game and sets up PA. Not as one dimensional as they have been in years prior. Their QB can hurt you if you sale out on the run. Plenty of atheletes. Very atheletic on the OL.

RC defense:
Again…plays Zone but plays man at times as well. Their secondary is very athletic and does a good job against the pass. They can run with anybody really and play man. Suspect to giving up chunk yards in the run game though. The only game they were able to shut down the run game of an opponent was against Pineville.

Apples to apples, this game looks a lot better for RC on paper. I will agree, this will may very well be the fastest team speed LC has seen this year, but I don’t think RC has played a team as physical as LC. RC has better skill athletes but LC has the better atheletes upfront.

Looking at what both teams bring to the table, which is what I was told to do lol…LC is the more consistent team defensively. Their offense allows to eat the clock. This game reminds me a lot of the Raceland/Williamsburg match up in the regional championship awhile back. Raceland was really more atheletic, but Williamsburg was better upfront and had a better rushing attack.

I agree with most other than two things. Only two teams have ran for more than 200 yards on Rock one of which being the best statistical RB in KY so i consider that being able to handle the run pretty effectively. And williamsburg/raceland was a little different. Burg had griffith, who was the most explosive player around that season, and a thousand yard rusher and receiver. If you are comparing them to LC, they have absolutely no comparison. Burg threw for over 40 tds in one season, LC has had 40 passing tds in the last 7 years combined. I would actually go on to say polar opposites. Other than that the analysis is pretty good. I just think a lot of people would speak differently of this game had rock not fumbled 3 times against paris.
(11-07-2023, 02:27 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 08:45 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I am a Raceland fan, first of all, so I have no dog in this fight. Just a fan of HS football…I was told to look at the product that is going to be on the field…so I am.

RC Offense:

LC Defense:

LC Offense:

RC defense:

I agree with most other than two things. Only two teams have ran for more than 200 yards on Rock one of which being the best statistical RB in KY so i consider that being able to handle the run pretty effectively. And williamsburg/raceland was a little different. Burg had griffith, who was the most explosive player around that season, and a thousand yard rusher and receiver. If you are comparing them to LC, they have absolutely no comparison. Burg threw for over 40 tds in one season, LC has had 40 passing tds in the last 7 years combined. I would actually go on to say polar opposites. Other than that the analysis is pretty good. I just think a lot of people would speak differently of this game had rock not fumbled 3 times against paris.

Rockcastle has allowed 1410 yards in the 9 games that their opponents have provided stats for (Estill hasn't uploaded their game yet), that is on 279 carries for an average of 5.1 yards per carry.  That's against that murderer's row of a schedule that they played.  A decent team that specializes in running the ball will have success, Casey County demonstrated that by having 2 100 yard rushers.  Now, will Lawrence County's defense be able to slow down the Rockets passing game?  That's what it will come down to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Red and Black
Gotta love playoffs I will say this rockcastle passing game is really good they speard the field so I would ask how does lc stack against passing attacks
(11-07-2023, 02:27 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

RC Offense:

LC Defense:

LC Offense:

RC defense:

No, no, no lol. I don’t think either team is as good as Raceland or Williamsburg were in 2013. ‘14 was the year Griffith went off. I just think this match up is similar as I feel one team has the edge from a skill standpoint and one has the edge upfront.
And Lawrence is more than decent and can run but they also are not one dimensional.