Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
23.08%
Belfry
76.92%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County at Belfry 11/10 Friday Night
Was really feeling Bell Co. then came that Rockcastle Co. loss, give us Belfry 35-25!
Love Thomas but this is Belfry's game to lose, especially at home.
I know this will probably come back to and bite me but this years and last years teams are probably some of the weaker belfry teams in decades. Being at belfry makes a difference but i don’t think belfry is more explosive than Bell. Bell co can beat anyone in a shootout and doesn’t turn the ball over or have to punt very often. The defense is bad at bell so a title may be out of the question but anything can happen. But i do not believe belfry has the elite weapons that are hands down better than bell, like seen in the rock game they couldn’t cover or stay with some of their guys. I think this is the best line belfry has faced since pikeville and they have a beast looking to break state records behind it.

Bell by 8
(11-05-2023, 05:43 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: Ok I am going to ask, cause I don’t know. According to these comments, majority are picking Belfry. Is Bell getting no love for a 10-1 team? Someone also mentioned Bell is a “one trick pony”. I mean I would assume Bell is favored playing at home and Belfry being 8-3 and playing away. So what am I missing?

Because Bell Co has NO DEFENSE. They give out points like House's do Candy on Halloween, by the Handful..
(11-06-2023, 07:18 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: I know this will probably come back to and bite me but this years and last years teams are probably some of the weaker belfry teams in decades. Being at belfry makes a difference but i don’t think belfry is more explosive than Bell. Bell co can beat anyone in a shootout and doesn’t turn the ball over or have to punt very often. The defense is bad at bell so a title may be out of the question but anything can happen. But i do not believe belfry has the elite weapons that are hands down better than bell, like seen in the rock game they couldn’t cover or stay with some of their guys. I think this is the best line belfry has faced since pikeville and they have a beast looking to break state records behind it.

Bell by 8
We’ll make sure your thoughts are shared with the rest of PCN.  They may want to go ahead and save Bell the trip and just forfeit
(11-06-2023, 10:01 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 07:18 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: I know this will probably come back to and bite me but this years and last years teams are probably some of the weaker belfry teams in decades. Being at belfry makes a difference but i don’t think belfry is more explosive than Bell. Bell co can beat anyone in a shootout and doesn’t turn the ball over or have to punt very often. The defense is bad at bell so a title may be out of the question but anything can happen. But i do not believe belfry has the elite weapons that are hands down better than bell, like seen in the rock game they couldn’t cover or stay with some of their guys. I think this is the best line belfry has faced since pikeville and they have a beast looking to break state records behind it.

Bell by 8
We’ll make sure your thoughts are shared with the rest of PCN.  They may want to go ahead and save Bell the trip and just forfeit
Love how you have someone give their honest assessment of what they think will happen and let’s be honest their haven’t been many that chose Bell in this forum however the few who do all of a sudden get slammed for doing so.. it’s almost as if no team not named Belfry or LC dare I say those letters have a shot at winning anything. We all may have to forfeit as it’s only Monday and we got all week before the showdowns!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmashMouth17's post:
  • Glory_Days
(11-07-2023, 12:12 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:

Bell by 8
Love how you have someone give their honest assessment of what they think will happen and let’s be honest their haven’t been many that chose Bell in this forum however the few who do all of a sudden get slammed for doing so.. it’s almost as if no team not named Belfry or LC dare I say those letters have a shot at winning anything. We all may have to forfeit as it’s only Monday and we got all week before the showdowns!
So because it’s “an honest assessment” it’s supposed to handled differently than all of the conjured up, lied about assessments?    Heart    It’s apparent that some of y’all are new to this.
(11-07-2023, 12:21 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

Bell by 8
So because it’s “an honest assessment” it’s supposed to handled differently than all of the conjured up, lied about assessments?    Heart    It’s apparent that some of y’all are new to this.
so far nobody in the thread has done anything more than just guess at a score. Other than one person acknowledging woolum and thomas, it’s just people with no clue throwing a wild guess and seeing if it fits. I give you the truthful assessment of the game, acknowledging both teams weaknesses and strengths, and you claim that. Not one person this entire time after all the wild belfry or lc claims has said that bell or rock should forfeit. Yes bell county has not beat belfry in a while, but dixon was on the field. The talent drop from the belfry teams in 19-21 to now is massive up front and pretty large in the backfield. Doesn’t mean bell is gonna win, but they have advantages in some areas whereas in the past there were none or very very few. 

One last thing, in belfry’s losses they were not able to stop the run, and this very well may be the best line and best athlete belfry has faced. However bell isn’t littered with speed so a speedster like caudill may make a big impact.
(11-07-2023, 02:07 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 12:21 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

Bell by 8
so far nobody in the thread has done anything more than just guess at a score. Other than one person acknowledging woolum and thomas, it’s just people with no clue throwing a wild guess and seeing if it fits. I give you the truthful assessment of the game, acknowledging both teams weaknesses and strengths, and you claim that. Not one person this entire time after all the wild belfry or lc claims has said that bell or rock should forfeit. Yes bell county has not beat belfry in a while, but dixon was on the field. The talent drop from the belfry teams in 19-21 to now is massive up front and pretty large in the backfield. Doesn’t mean bell is gonna win, but they have advantages in some areas whereas in the past there were none or very very few. 

One last thing, in belfry’s losses they were not able to stop the run, and this very well may be the best line and best athlete belfry has faced. However bell isn’t littered with speed so a speedster like caudill may make a big impact.
What else is there to do then guess the score?  You shouldn’t assume because someone just posts a score that they are uniformed.   Unless you’re on a staff and breaking down HUDL film….what is the point??   Both teams pass the eye test as DECENT teams…..but neither are worldbeaters.  And….Rock and LC are in the same category!!!  Now…  There is a truthful assessment.  Both Belfry and Bell  have pros and cons.  No ….this Belfry team isn’t a vintage, team of the ages unit.   But neither is Bell.   They have a very nice back…that will certainly be a challenge to Belfry’s Defensive unit.  Listen….most decent teams have put points up on Belfry this year.   And teams have had success running and passing on the Pirates. That isn’t a revelation.   You don’t have to inform us of that.  Big Grin   We already know.  Just sit back and relax.  Enjoy the game.   There will be bad calls, turnovers,  angry
and elated fans and one team will move on.    
Either way….Bell Co has a long drive back home.  

Bottom line from your assessment is this….no Dixon for Belfry equals a Bell Co victory.  You could have just said that.
A bell and one old bat named Dud in a Belfry. Lol
I think the key is if the Pirate defense can slow down Thomas. Bell's defense will probably give up a few to Belfry's offensive attack. The Thomas kid is an offensive juggernaut in his own with a supporting group that is good enough that Thomas can't be the only key for the Belfry Defense. Then you got the old professor of football on the sideline with his tricks.
As someone else said, it's gonna be a shootout unless Thomas is slowed down. Belfry won't completely stop him.
Belfry is a victim of their own success.

These last two years Belfry has had a lot of talent but they are young and still very young.

Woolum is a good player on any Belfry team that has ever existed. Young is as well.

They have 2/3 young kids that are good players on any Belfry team as well.

Same as the team last year.

I know that I wouldn’t mind having a few at Pikeville.

With that said, I think Belfry is better than Bell this year but that doesn’t mean anything on this board.
Belfry playing well at the right time. This one will stay close for awhile, but Belfry pulls away.
belfry is young but there's a lot of talent... they were very banged up last year in the playoffs. there's still some holes, but the offense is coming along. varney's development is a few games behind schedule due to the injury, but anyone who has ever watched belfry knows towards the end of the 2nd year as starter the QB gets very crisp

the scary thing is we've only seen guys get to year 3 as a starter. chase, if he stays around, will get to year 4. he's going to be a good one.

it would be great to have cayden varney... cant wait to see him back. great player who hasnt even come close to filling out yet.
(11-08-2023, 12:44 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: belfry is young but there's a lot of talent... they were very banged up last year in the playoffs. there's still some holes, but the offense is coming along. varney's development is a few games behind schedule due to the injury, but anyone who has ever watched belfry knows towards the end of the 2nd year as starter the QB gets very crisp

the scary thing is we've only seen guys get to year 3 as a starter. chase, if he stays around, will get to year 4. he's going to be a good one.

it would be great to have cayden varney... cant wait to see him back. great player who hasnt even come close to filling out yet.

Pikeville has several players in that same boat all the way down to 5th and 6th...going to be great teams in the next several years...
If anyone here’s about a live stream of this game please share info, also want to warn people that some links posted are hacks so please don’t purchase or put in any info if asked to do so because it’s probably a hacker just trying to get your money……..Thanks All

Belfry=42
Bell=20

Go Big Red
(11-08-2023, 07:34 AM)PirateNation71 Wrote: If anyone here’s about a live stream of this game please share info, also want to warn people that some links posted are hacks so please don’t purchase or put in any info if asked to do so because it’s probably a hacker just trying to get your money……..Thanks All

Belfry=42
Bell=20

Go Big Red
Unfortunately there are no livestreams on Pond Creek. WXCC 96.5 radio coverage is the only way to listen in. You can use the Mountain Top Media app to listen in as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walter White's post:
  • PirateNation71
Why does Belfry not allow live stream of video at their home games? It’s not like everyone doesn’t know what they do. Can someone explain?
(11-08-2023, 03:35 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 12:44 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: belfry is young but there's a lot of talent... they were very banged up last year in the playoffs. there's still some holes, but the offense is coming along. varney's development is a few games behind schedule due to the injury, but anyone who has ever watched belfry knows towards the end of the 2nd year as starter the QB gets very crisp

Pikeville has several players in that same boat all the way down to 5th and 6th...going to be great teams in the next several years...
jet who in the hell was talking about pikeville?!
I think it is more about keeping gate money
im sure if someone reputable offered the right amount coach haywood would allow it... mountain top or wymt. maybe even WPRG.

unfortunately some people think they should get to live stream for free and sell ads and swear it gives the kids exposure as if nick saban sits around watching facebook live streams filmed on an ipad.
(11-08-2023, 03:05 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: im sure if someone reputable offered the right amount coach haywood would allow it... mountain top or wymt. maybe even WPRG.

unfortunately some people think they should get to live stream for free and sell ads and swear it gives the kids exposure as if nick saban sits around watching facebook live streams filmed on an ipad.
Most people that do the livestreams expect it to be free and then charge for advertising. I don’t get it, i think there should be bids to be allowed to do it. I imagine that a news channel or radio station is racking in multiple thousands of dollars for adds to run for online streamed games, yet they don’t pay the school for it. Stupid decisions i think on their part, and if the schools and radio stations worked together the right way, both parties could probably make a killing.
(11-08-2023, 07:16 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 03:05 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: im sure if someone reputable offered the right amount coach haywood would allow it... mountain top or wymt. maybe even WPRG.

Most people that do the livestreams expect it to be free and then charge for advertising. I don’t get it, i think there should be bids to be allowed to do it. I imagine that a news channel or radio station is racking in multiple thousands of dollars for adds to run for online streamed games, yet they don’t pay the school for it. Stupid decisions i think on their part, and if the schools and radio stations worked together the right way, both parties could probably make a killing.
to my knowledge belfry works with the radio well and their radio guys are the best in the business.
but for video youre gonna have to pay to make up for those who stay home to watch its only fair. its just bs when people hide behind wanting larger profit margins on their 800 ads for every gas station pizza roll in pike county saying "exposure! its for the kids" save that crap, ur making money. aint no college coach watching or listening to that bs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • Gridiron_Raid
(11-09-2023, 05:05 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:

to my knowledge belfry works with the radio well and their radio guys are the best in the business.
but for video youre gonna have to pay to make up for those who stay home to watch its only fair. its just bs when people hide behind wanting larger profit margins on their 800 ads for every gas station pizza roll in pike county saying "exposure! its for the kids" save that crap, ur making money. aint no college coach watching or listening to that bs.
I don’t care about all that, I just enjoy watching from the couch. lol

Especially in the playoffs, but just assuming that ticket sales go down by 200 people for each regular season game, that’s 1000 bucks a game the athletic program loses.
(11-09-2023, 02:26 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

Especially in the playoffs, but just assuming that ticket sales go down by 200 people for each regular season game, that’s 1000 bucks a game the athletic program loses.
Ticket price alone..
Probably $500-600.00 minimum for concessions as well in that scenario.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Gridiron_Raid
I'll take Belfry.
I hope Bell County smokes some West Virginia hind end on a rainy Eastern Kentucky night Big Grin
A lot folks on here are picking the #12 rpi seed Belfry over the #3 rpi seed Bell. Am I missing something here? I don’t know enough of both teams to really have an input.
(11-10-2023, 09:40 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I hope Bell County smokes some West Virginia hind end on a rainy Eastern Kentucky night Big Grin
I hope your right
(11-10-2023, 11:13 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: A lot folks on here are picking the #12 rpi seed Belfry over the #3 rpi seed Bell. Am I missing something here? I don’t know enough of both teams to really have an input.
RPI is a flawed science that values wins and gets skewed when it comes to strength of competition.

If you flipped Belfry's schedule with Bell's then Belfry is probably sitting 9-1 and Bell is probably sitting 7-3.

Additionally, Bell has a couple sketchy wins where their defense really struggled and the game proved closer than expected (Whitley, Boyd, etc). Belfry, on the other hand, has a couple mis-leading losses. The GRC game was actually a hook and lateral away from potentially being a three TD lead for Belfry, the Pikeville game was a back and forth game that opened up late. Belfry was also missing their superstar Sophomore QB in the Pikeville/Southwestern losses and had to play their bets offensive weapon under center.

Add in the game is at belfry and that's the recipe for why so many feel Belfry may win.

When I look at this game I see two evenly matched teams who both have the capability to hurt the other's team defense. I think Belfry, Bell, and Rockcastle are all pretty evenly matched teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Cafe Mocha