Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
23.08%
Belfry
76.92%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County at Belfry 11/10 Friday Night
(11-10-2023, 12:00 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 11:13 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: A lot folks on here are picking the #12 rpi seed Belfry over the #3 rpi seed Bell. Am I missing something here? I don’t know enough of both teams to really have an input.
RPI is a flawed science that values wins and gets skewed when it comes to strength of competition.

If you flipped Belfry's schedule with Bell's then Belfry is probably sitting 9-1 and Bell is probably sitting 7-3.

Additionally, Bell has a couple sketchy wins where their defense really struggled and the game proved closer than expected (Whitley, Boyd, etc). Belfry, on the other hand, has a couple mis-leading losses. The GRC game was actually a hook and lateral away from potentially being a three TD lead for Belfry, the Pikeville game was a back and forth game that opened up late. Belfry was also missing their superstar Sophomore QB in the Pikeville/Southwestern losses and had to play their bets offensive weapon under center.

Add in the game is at belfry and that's the recipe for why so many feel Belfry may win.

When I look at this game I see two evenly matched teams who both have the capability to hurt the other's team defense. I think Belfry, Bell, and Rockcastle are all pretty evenly matched teams.
Thanks for the information.
(11-10-2023, 09:40 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I hope Bell County smokes some West Virginia hind end on a rainy Eastern Kentucky night Big Grin
Love you PJDOUG but it ain’t happening but I believe it’s going to be a dandy
(11-10-2023, 11:13 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: A lot folks on here are picking the #12 rpi seed Belfry over the #3 rpi seed Bell. Am I missing something here? I don’t know enough of both teams to really have an input.
RPI is a flawed science that values wins and gets skewed when it comes to strength of competition.

If you flipped Belfry's schedule with Bell's then Belfry is probably sitting 9-1 and Bell is probably sitting 7-3.

Additionally, Bell has a couple sketchy wins where their defense really struggled and the game proved closer than expected (Whitley, Boyd, etc). Belfry, on the other hand, has a couple mis-leading losses. The GRC game was actually a hook and lateral away from potentially being a three TD lead for Belfry, the Pikeville game was a back and forth game that opened up late. Belfry was also missing their superstar Sophomore QB in the Pikeville/Southwestern losses and had to play their bets offensive weapon under center.

Add in the game is at belfry and that's the recipe for why so many feel Belfry may win.

When I look at this game I see two evenly matched teams who both have the capability to hurt the other's team defense. I think Belfry, Bell, and Rockcastle are all pretty evenly matched teams.

Whitley County was not a sketchy win. Whitley County is better than some think and played their hearts out, but were outmanned and ran out of gas. Bell County's defense can be suspect, but  RB Thomas seems to get stronger in the 4th quarter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
It will be a cold wet evening on Pond Creek. Turnovers win/lose this game. Teams are fairly even. Belfry with home field advantage. Who ever wins turnover battle will probably move on to next week.
Will this game be live streamed? If so, where? If this has already been discussed and I missed it- please forgive me.

The Belfry QB is good and you have to be able to run that offense but he’s a handoff guy. Throwing 5 passes a game to wheel and seam routes isn’t exactly “superstar” stuff. That’s a reach. I think he’s very good and could put up better numbers but they’re never going to let him throw it like that over there as long as Haywood is there and they don’t have the WR talent to do it. I agree if he was healthy, their other guys could have played their normal positions and that coulda made a difference. I think the Pikeville score was legit. Coulda/shoulda/woulda but can say same if Pikeville doesn’t botch the opening kickoff, score coulda been worse as they battled field position early. GRC game was there for them. I believed they would play better against Southwestern but again they weren’t healthy. I think if they get their CB back, it will help them on defense. They’ll beat Bell tonight unless they turn it over. Bell can’t stop them and Belfry will get a few stops.  That’ll be the difference.