Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
0%
Beechwood
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County at Beechwood 11/10 Friday Night
Already talking about NEXT YEAR? Who all do the Bobcats graduate from this team? Is the hope that Hollan will be ready as a FR to elevate them at the QB position???
(11-09-2023, 09:43 PM)ROTC Wrote: Already talking about NEXT YEAR?  Who all do the Bobcats graduate from this team?  Is the hope that Hollan will be ready as a FR to elevate them at the QB position???
Hope they get the Johnson boy back and air it out.   Combs might keep yelling wish bone though.
Beechwood in a blowout.
Isn’t wishbone the only way they can move the ball effectively?
(11-10-2023, 12:08 AM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 09:43 PM)ROTC Wrote: Already talking about NEXT YEAR?  Who all do the Bobcats graduate from this team?  Is the hope that Hollan will be ready as a FR to elevate them at the QB position???
Hope they get the Johnson boy back and air it out.   Combs might keep yelling wish bone though.
I think the Hollon kid is Breathitts future QB. Just my opinion, but with the pressure the coaching staff was under to play Johnson, if was in the least bit ready for varsity football, he would have been the starter. Maybe he will be a great QB someday, but he isn’t right now. He should have just stayed at Breathitt. Did he get much playing time his new team?
Where did Johnson go? How does a coach who is also the AD get pressured into playing anyone?
The Johnson's have got deep deep pockets at least for Breathitt Co. I don't see AJ or Hollon being ready to play next year. Hollon is ok but very undersized. Most of the success the middle school had was due to Eli Thomas a RB. He has the highest ceiling of any RB to come into Breathitt since Changing Fugate 15 or so years ago. Also pretty sure Johnson's little brother Bryson also quit. He was a very good project as well. I don't see either playing for Breathitt next season. 
The Bobcats lose 
1. Tincher (TE\OLB). He was the heart and soul of this team. 
2.Isaac Turner (WR\DB) Big play ability but undersized.
3.Evan Miller © overrated but serviceable.
4.Caden Bowling food athlete but couldn't stay healthy.
5.Wes Abner#82 decent corner
6/7 Ogans\Parker decent high school linemen.
Stacy at QB.

I think John Carter Hollon #4 will be primary receiver next year. I like this kid he has potential.
Combs and Gibson will be back at RB but I look for Thomas to get lots of snaps from day 1
Lose 2 starting o linemen.

I think it will come down to QB play just like this year. 
I don't see them competing with the Big 3. They will need to beat Somerset next year to avoid Beechwood in 2nd rd much like this year.
I don’t see the Johnsons coming back and I honestly don’t see him starting QB at PCC. So I don’t know what their argument will be there. Anyways, I actually saw some good things from Breathitt Friday night. They don’t let the special teams TD on opening kick off and score in the red zone you have yourself a tie game at the half. Really Beechwood had too many weapons and would pull away but those kids played hard. Next year they return a lot of kids. Offense loses a couple lineman, Turner and Stacy. So they’ll return 7 on offense and I think 7 or 8 on defense. The loss of Tincher is going to hurt them on the defense side of the ball. That kid is tough. I like the Barnett kid as well. He may fill Tincher’s roll next season. Most of them will be Juniors next season so hopefully they keep seeing some improvement and they don’t come out next year with all the media hype.