Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
100.00%
Williamsburg
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg at Pikeville 11/10 Friday Night
You might have a hell of a reason after next week considering we already cost Pikeville a state championship by beating them in the regional championship in 98 and 02 when they had two of there better teams around that time.

(11-08-2023, 11:23 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: You might have a hell of a reason after next week considering we already cost Pikeville a state championship by beating them in the regional championship in 98 and 02 when they had two of there better teams around that time.

Nobody in Class A had a chance to beat Middlesboro in 1998...probably not AA either
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • Old School 18
(11-08-2023, 11:23 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: You might have a hell of a reason after next week considering we already cost Pikeville a state championship by beating them in the regional championship in 98 and 02 when they had two of there better teams around that time.

oh, you think Middlesboro is going to win? The same team that gave up 50 to Shelby Valley?
(11-08-2023, 02:41 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote:

Nobody in Class A had a chance to beat Middlesboro in 1998...probably not AA either
Yet they couldn’t beat the team 5 miles down the road…
(11-08-2023, 07:13 PM)Belichick Wrote:

oh, you think Middlesboro is going to win? The same team that gave up 50 to Shelby Valley?
I think it’s possible. At one point i had pikeville and Raceland as 28 point favorites over middlesboro but middlesboro is peaking at the right time. Id still favor Pikeville by 21 but wouldn’t count this cery talented senior class out. We have at least two kids in wilson and grigsby that could start anywhere around. Not to mention trey king and bryce bowling are college material lineman imo.
(11-09-2023, 12:22 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:

I think it’s possible. At one point i had pikeville and Raceland as 28 point favorites over middlesboro but middlesboro is peaking at the right time. Id still favor Pikeville by 21 but wouldn’t count this cery talented senior class out. We have at least two kids in wilson and grigsby that could start anywhere around. Not to mention trey king and bryce bowling are college material lineman imo.

I really like their QB. He’ll be one of the best athletes on the field. Their WR is very talented too. I think they can score a couple.  Not sure they can stop Pikeville from scoring on most of their possessions and I think Pikeville will get a few stops and maybe a turnover. 41-21 Panthers.
I sure hope the kids from Mboro and Pikeville aren’t looking forward to next week as some of you posters are or they could fool around and be listening to the Regional Championship game on the radio.
Trust me I sure hope we get to see it but one week at a time. Panthers better line up and take care of business this week, I remember not too long ago that they did not and let a team that they had manhandled just a few weeks prior upset them at Hambley. Enjoy the process! I promise the Yellow Jackets that are orange this week are coming to Pikeville not to lay down.
Im definitely not counting Paintsville out. However i do favor middlesboro. And same goes for Williamsburg.

(11-09-2023, 01:49 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Im definitely not counting Paintsville out. However i do favor middlesboro. And same goes for Williamsburg.

oh, you think Middlesboro is going to win? The same team that gave up 50 to Shelby Valley
Now is the time of year what tough schedules start paying off and weak schedules come back to bite you. Williamsburg has no wins over teams with a winning record and Middlesboro has 1 which is Williamsburg.

I am hoping Pikeville gets to play their starters a lot vs Williamsburg. Don’t think they have broke a sweat since Belfry 2 months ago. Offense will put a bunch of points up but most interesting to watch will be defense vs Burg QB. He is leading 1A in rushing if I’m not mistaken and put up video game numbers vs Hazard last week.
(11-08-2023, 07:18 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 02:41 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote:

Yet they couldn’t beat the team 5 miles down the road…

I dont follow Middlesboro football so I don't know who you're talking about but they were legit in 1998.  Unfortunately for Middlesboro their trip to Pikeville will be much different in 2023 and they will head home to get ready for basketball practice.
(11-09-2023, 01:16 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I sure hope the kids from Mboro and Pikeville aren’t looking forward to next week as some of you posters are or they could fool around and be listening to the Regional Championship game on the radio.
Trust me I sure hope we get to see it but one week at a time. Panthers better line up and take care of business this week, I remember not too long ago that they did not and let a team that they had manhandled just a few weeks prior upset them at Hambley. Enjoy the process! I promise the Yellow Jackets that are orange this week are coming to Pikeville not to lay down.
I agree. But that’s kinda what happens on this message board is predictions and smack talk. Players play. Everything on here is just talk. Having said that, I predict no way Williamsburg is beating Pikeville and very little chance of Middlesboro taking an L assuming all teams relatively healthy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Micro-Brew
I cant see Williamsburg beating Pikeville. If we’re being honest pikeville should be favored by at least 55 if they’re getting the proper respect they deserve.
(11-09-2023, 11:55 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: I cant see Williamsburg beating Pikeville. If we’re being honest pikeville should be favored by at least 55 if they’re getting the proper respect they deserve.
Pikeville gets the respect they deserve. Interested in seeing if Williamsburg QB can make plays vs Pikeville 1st team defense. I set the line at 35 1/2 on another thread. That is 1/2 point less than running clock. Give us your take on that line since you have so much to say lol. Then bring a huge sack of money the following week but make sure you have enough gas to get back home.
(11-10-2023, 01:45 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 11:55 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: I cant see Williamsburg beating Pikeville. If we’re being honest pikeville should be favored by at least 55 if they’re getting the proper respect they deserve.
Pikeville gets the respect they deserve. Interested in seeing if Williamsburg QB can make plays vs Pikeville 1st team defense. I set the line at 35 1/2 on another thread. That is 1/2 point less than running clock. Give us your take on that line since you have so much to say lol. Then bring a huge sack of money the following week but make sure you have enough gas to get back home.
Did you bring that huge sack of cash when y’all played LCA?? And dont worry ill see you their. And did i not give pikeville enough credit?? Fine pikeville by as much as they want and as quick as they want to do it. Beechwood and Mayfield thank their lucky stars every realignment for keeping them out of 1A with pikeville their so good.
(11-10-2023, 02:03 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 01:45 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Did you bring that huge sack of cash when y’all played LCA?? And dont worry ill see you their. And did i not give pikeville enough credit?? Fine pikeville by as much as they want and as quick as they want to do it. Beechwood and Mayfield thank their lucky stars every realignment for keeping them out of 1A with pikeville their so good.
LOL so over or under the 35 1/2 this week?
All jokes aside im not buying a Williamsburg upset. Pikeville over especially if they dont start rotating early.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School 18's post:
  • jetpilot
(11-10-2023, 02:15 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: All jokes aside im not buying a Williamsburg upset. Pikeville over especially if they dont start rotating early.

Looking forward to getting a look at Goodin tomorrow (now today lol)
About 1300 yards rushing and 1100 passing.
This one goes without saying.  Williamsburg will get an early start home.
Panthers by fitty!
Pikeville will run that clock