Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Betsy Layne 21 Prestonsburg 7 (1st Rd Playoffs)
(11-07-2023, 12:29 PM)Truth Teller Wrote: Prestonsburg is very lucky to have Coach Brandon Brewer, the dude is a football Coach, Prestonsburg also has a great administration. The problem at Prestonsburg is the parents, they are so entitled, kids don’t want to transfer in there because they now they will be pushed down the list for less talented kids. My child is very good at a sport and we live close enough where he can go to Prestonsburg but we won’t send him because we did with our oldest and got burnt. The administration isn’t the issue, it’s the parents that think it’s a seniority issue instead of a you put in the work issue. Brewer deserves another year, a year he will finally have some talent coming up to go with some good players already on the roster.
Considering this is your first post and it's defending the administration, which I've never heard anyone defend before now, you must be part of the administration and part of the problem. Prestonsburg hasn't always been this way, think about the success we had in the 90's, early 2000's, and even in the early 2010's, the success was due to the administration wanting nothing more than the football program to succeed. Think about when it all started to change, it started as soon as people outside of Prestonsburg were put in positions of power within the school system. Not only has sports fallen to the wayside, but most importantly we are struggling academically as well. We have numerous amounts of teachers who have left to go to other schools in the county and test scores are down. I have been a part of this program and school system through the good and the bad, and it's as bad as I have seen it. I will agree with you regarding parents being entitled and it is at all levels but coaches and administrators have enabled them to act this way. You have issues everywhere regarding politics and parents but not at this level. As far as kids transferring in, what parent in their right mind would send their kids to a school that is so discombobulated.
[-] The following 2 users Like Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, HowBoutThemBlackcats
So the fallout begins! Prestonsburg’s starting center, defensive lineman Logan Hall has left Prestonsburg for Betsy Layne. His younger brother is a starting lineman for one of the middle school teams. Two hits to an already fragile program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • Westside