Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin QB -Kid Elam
(11-04-2023, 10:35 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: He’s TOP 5 in my opinion.  I’m not some little nerd that didn’t put the pads on that goes around rating kids based on 40 times and combine scores.  I’ve been watching for years and years.  Elam looks as good or better than Tim Couch did.  Bigger, stronger, and faster than Couch was.  Throws maybe as good of a ball as Couch.  I’m gonna rate Kid #1 on my poll.  I know he isn’t from Lex or Louisville but believe it or not, some kids in the small towns are better than the big city boys.

What a post. Lol
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • bcpc, Shogun
He ain't in Tim Couch's league. Tim was one of the best to ever do it at the high school level. That said, I think he is equally as good as any other QB in the state. He just doesn't play in a pass first offense.
TD to INT ratio is something like 25:1 . Insane!!!
(11-04-2023, 02:12 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 04:56 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 03:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 03:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 02:44 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I think he’s better than UKs QB right now.  He won’t be handing the ball off that much in week 3 against Boyle.  He will probably carry the ball more.  Seems like he runs for 8-10 every time he runs the ball.  He’s about 6’3-240.  Reminds me of a Tebow that can throw.  And whoever thinks Bailey isn’t any good is trippen.  The kid can fly.  But I look for Elam to carrying it more week 3 of the playoffs and I been hearing big 99 will be maybe moving to the backfield soon.  Wow

If Haddix would have told me that I would believe it. I personally don’t see it. Maybe a heavy package inside the 10 yard line. We hear this stuff year end and year out from Camp Greer. Greer is a blow sack. He is more famous for playing kids out of position and leaving them on the sidelines rather than putting his best 11 kids on the field in the big games. I’m sure this being Greers last run from all the rumors that he will try anything to beat Haddix one time. Anything is possible, but it won’t be easy. 

Kid Elam is a dangerous QB but doesn’t get the play calling this year to compliment him. He shouldn’t run but a few times a game to keep the defense honest. He should be throwing the leather 8 out of every 10 plays. But being under Greer has honesty hurt him. Greer is a run first coach 3 yards and a cloud of dust and then throw. If Elam was at Boyle or LCA and had a different type of passing offense, he is right there in the top 5 easy. But most the other QBs have offenses to compliment them. Elam is just handing the ball off for the most part. Decoy.

If Elam played for a QB and offensive-minded coach like Haddix and a system with maximized his skills, he would be a top five EASY!!!  Greer stunts the growth of skill players, especially on offense.
maybe it’s his daddy that is stunting the growth. He is yet to put his kid in a bad place all year. No deep balls or throws that are tough. Just east dink and dump rpos to the athletes to make plays. But this works too just saying i don’t think the defensive coach is holding back the offense. 

For everyone in the thread, the REAL QB RANKINGS ARE

1. Deuce Bailey, watch him in person and if you’re a wildcat you’ll say drop cutter and go deuce.
2. Cole Hodge, best stats, doesn’t lose, and consistent for 3 years, Underrated arm should get some MAC offers. 
3. Cutter boley, college ready arm. Everything else isn’t, probably highest upside. 
4. Tie Elam and Atwell. Similar records, atwell has better stats but plays in a downfield attack and plays MUCH lesser opponents. 

If you disagree, god bless.
I agree with that list for the most part. But I’d move cutter to 1st. Then Bailey at 1A. And move hodge to 3rd. Give boley some top WRs and he’ll show what he can do. 

as far as Elam. Not the best but probably top 5. If you put them all through a workout he’ll give them all a run for their money. His problem is his HC. Control the clock and run heavy! You’ve got a great QB, great WRs, and a line. USE THEM!! But he’s too stubborn and egotistical to change, and that’s why he’ll go back to the house without a ring. You have the curry kid who is outstanding with the ball in his hands. Several offensive players that could make our D so much better! But nope. Look at boyle, Franklin co, you don’t think their best athletes are on the field on both sides? There’s a reason behind it!! That’s what you have to do in HS!
I can’t tell ya what to do about the coaching. But about the QBs, if BG makes the state this year, drive up and watch him and then see if it’s 1A 1B. If not for the Kentucky offer and the rankings, cutter isn’t this high on people’s radar. He got moved up in the rankings after throwing  15 picks last year. This year he’s still in Mr. Football talks when the best player in the LCA backfield isn’t even him. He’s got the LCA coaching staff, great Oline, and maybe the best player in the state on offense running the ball behind him, and still throws more picks than TDs in big games. BG lines up and says let’s see what Bailey can do. He extends plays sometimes 15 seconds and then delivers a 50 yard bomb. He basically went 1 on 11 last year as a sophomore in the state title and still kept it competitive on FD who dominated every soul they played. The only team that has stopped him in 2 years is ST. X.

I think they should let elam go a little bit. His stats will drop a little but corbin doesn’t take risks with him. Maybe they are saving it but I always believe if you got a horse let him run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-04-2023, 12:24 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 03:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Haddix would have told me that I would believe it. I personally don’t see it. Maybe a heavy package inside the 10 yard line. We hear this stuff year end and year out from Camp Greer. Greer is a blow sack. He is more famous for playing kids out of position and leaving them on the sidelines rather than putting his best 11 kids on the field in the big games. I’m sure this being Greers last run from all the rumors that he will try anything to beat Haddix one time. Anything is possible, but it won’t be easy. 

Kid Elam is a dangerous QB but doesn’t get the play calling this year to compliment him. He shouldn’t run but a few times a game to keep the defense honest. He should be throwing the leather 8 out of every 10 plays. But being under Greer has honesty hurt him. Greer is a run first coach 3 yards and a cloud of dust and then throw. If Elam was at Boyle or LCA and had a different type of passing offense, he is right there in the top 5 easy. But most the other QBs have offenses to compliment them. Elam is just handing the ball off for the most part. Decoy.

If Elam played for a QB and offensive-minded coach like Haddix and a system with maximized his skills, he would be a top five EASY!!!  Greer stunts the growth of skill players, especially on offense.
maybe it’s his daddy that is stunting the growth. He is yet to put his kid in a bad place all year. No deep balls or throws that are tough. Just east dink and dump rpos to the athletes to make plays. But this works too just saying i don’t think the defensive coach is holding back the offense. 

1. Deuce Bailey, watch him in person and if you’re a wildcat you’ll say drop cutter and go deuce.
2. Cole Hodge, best stats, doesn’t lose, and consistent for 3 years, Underrated arm should get some MAC offers. 
3. Cutter boley, college ready arm. Everything else isn’t, probably highest upside. 
4. Tie Elam and Atwell. Similar records, atwell has better stats but plays in a downfield attack and plays MUCH lesser opponents. 

I agree with that list for the most part. But I’d move cutter to 1st. Then Bailey at 1A. And move hodge to 3rd. Give boley some top WRs and he’ll show what he can do. 

as far as Elam. Not the best but probably top 5. If you put them all through a workout he’ll give them all a run for their money. His problem is his HC. Control the clock and run heavy! You’ve got a great QB, great WRs, and a line. USE THEM!! But he’s too stubborn and egotistical to change, and that’s why he’ll go back to the house without a ring. You have the curry kid who is outstanding with the ball in his hands. Several offensive players that could make our D so much better! But nope. Look at boyle, Franklin co, you don’t think their best athletes are on the field on both sides? There’s a reason behind it!! That’s what you have to do in HS!
I can’t tell ya what to do about the coaching. But about the QBs, if BG makes the state this year, drive up and watch him and then see if it’s 1A 1B. If not for the Kentucky offer and the rankings, cutter isn’t this high on people’s radar. He got moved up in the rankings after throwing  15 picks last year. This year he’s still in Mr. Football talks when the best player in the LCA backfield isn’t even him. He’s got the LCA coaching staff, great Oline, and maybe the best player in the state on offense running the ball behind him, and still throws more picks than TDs in big games. BG lines up and says let’s see what Bailey can do. He extends plays sometimes 15 seconds and then delivers a 50 yard bomb. He basically went 1 on 11 last year as a sophomore in the state title and still kept it competitive on FD who dominated every soul they played. The only team that has stopped him in 2 years is ST. X.

I think they should let elam go a little bit. His stats will drop a little but corbin doesn’t take risks with him. Maybe they are saving it but I always believe if you got a horse let him run.

Good points. But on behalf of Boley. I think they throw him a little too much and with that horse in his stable Hensley behind him, they should run with that guy just a tad bit more. But timing at certain parts of the game.
(11-04-2023, 12:24 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 03:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Haddix would have told me that I would believe it. I personally don’t see it. Maybe a heavy package inside the 10 yard line. We hear this stuff year end and year out from Camp Greer. Greer is a blow sack. He is more famous for playing kids out of position and leaving them on the sidelines rather than putting his best 11 kids on the field in the big games. I’m sure this being Greers last run from all the rumors that he will try anything to beat Haddix one time. Anything is possible, but it won’t be easy. 

he’s like every other in state qb Kentucky has went after. D2 talent that’ll never start a down and get recruited over. It’s just the truth
(11-04-2023, 10:35 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: He’s TOP 5 in my opinion.  I’m not some little nerd that didn’t put the pads on that goes around rating kids based on 40 times and combine scores.  I’ve been watching for years and years.  Elam looks as good or better than Tim Couch did.  Bigger, stronger, and faster than Couch was.  Throws maybe as good of a ball as Couch.  I’m gonna rate Kid #1 on my poll.  I know he isn’t from Lex or Louisville but believe it or not, some kids in the small towns are better than the big city boys.
I don’t care how big of a stud you were, if you believe this and aren’t trolling then you took one too many hits to the head. The comment about a junior HS kid being better than any starting SEC QB was crazy enough but you doubled down. This honestly may be the most bizarre thing I’ve read in years on this forum. Couch was the #1 draft pick and was the best high school QB to ever play in this state. Also he is 6’4-1/8” bare foot, so at least 2+” taller than Elam and was a lean 225lbs and had a cannon. I’m assuming you never got to see him play in high school because it was unreal. The only thing you got right in that post was that Elam is maybe faster. None of this is to take anything away from Elam’s great season and the fact that he is a top tier QB in the state. Any high school would love to have a QB of his level.
................................Gms,com,att, comp%,yrds,tds,avg
1 Berry, Blaze Eminence 10 189 293 64.5 3344 40 10 334
2 James, Jack Paducah Tilghman 10 187 275 68.0 3038 42 3 304
3 Atwell, Brady Owensboro Catholic 11 219 302 72.5 3328 51 5 303
4 Hayden, Clay Beechwood 10 154 209 73.7 2898 36 4 290
5 Button, Bryce South Warren 10 160 249 64.3 2848 34 5 285
6 Hodge, Cole Christian Academy-Louisville 10 204 287 71.1 2730 37 7 273
7 Bailey, Deuce Bowling Green 10 178 259 68.7 2629 30 4 263
8 Verax, Logan Ryle 10 226 333 67.9 2613 20 7 261
9 OHara, Cam Cooper 10 168 244 68.9 2531 35 5 253
10 Osborne, Russ Shelby Valley 11 150 210 71.4 2690 28 11 245
11 Lee, Brady Simon Kenton 9 135 200 67.5 2105 17 7 234
12 Custard, Kaydon Harrison County 10 135 258 52.3 2291 23 8 229
13 Bullock, Jace North Oldham 10 190 321 59.2 2238 24 6 224
14 Mason, Jaxson Clinton County 7 90 168 53.6 1527 18 12 218
15 Lee, Kyle Newport 10 154 270 57.0 2178 22 9 218
16 Molter, Peyton DeSales 10 158 244 64.8 2157 26 6 216
17 Teall, Ethan Paul Laurence Dunbar 10 171 285 60.0 2151 17 10 215
18 Creech, Elijah DuPont Manual 10 157 237 66.2 2128 19 5 213
19 Elam, Kade Corbin 9 116 162 71.6 1893 23 1 210

I know one thing. When you look at how least he is used and how good his stats are compared to the rest of the field, then I know I would be throwing the ball.
.............................................................Gms, atts,cmps,tds,yrds,tds,int.avg
2022: 1 Boley, Cutter Lexington Christian 13 254 400 63.5 3901 36 15 300

.........................................Gms,att,cmps,tds,yrds,
2022: 35 Elam, Kade Corbin 15 158 219 72.1 2455 33 3 164

When I look at the fact that this kid is competing 72.1 percent of his passing and he is only getting to throw half as much as everyone else and stats prove it. 219 attemps last season in 15 games vs Boley 400 attempts in 13 games. Wow, what a difference. So if you double elams stats He would be Number 1 or at the very least in the 2 spot in 2022 as a Sophomore last season. Just food for thought. 

Impressive. Seeing the kid and how dangerous he is, I guess thats why they run the ball...... Smile
(11-03-2023, 12:53 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Who all has offered him for college football?  I know he has Louisville offer for baseball already.  I personally think he’s the best QB in Kentucky and was wondering if the Cats were after him.
“The best QB in Kentucky”? Lol c’mon now!
Maybe I did get carried away but I do think Elam is a special talent. Comparing him to Tim as a JR, it would probably be pretty close. Tim’s coach wanted him to break records by throwing 100 times a game but that didn’t win any state titles and didn’t get them to the Championship games either. Leslie was good then though. Cov Cath just a little better. You little nerds that didn’t play nothing but Madden, keep on doing your ratings.
(11-04-2023, 10:35 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: He’s TOP 5 in my opinion. I’m not some little nerd that didn’t put the pads on that goes around rating kids based on 40 times and combine scores. I’ve been watching for years and years. Elam looks as good or better than Tim Couch did. Bigger, stronger, and faster than Couch was. Throws maybe as good of a ball as Couch. I’m gonna rate Kid #1 on my poll. I know he isn’t from Lex or Louisville but believe it or not, some kids in the small towns are better than the big city boys.

I could see him being top five. I could see him being No. 1. Better than Couch though - can't go that far. That's an entirely different level to bring into any discussion of high school quarterbacks.
No it’s not an entirely different level. Everyone thought Chris Redman was better than Tim. Bill Curry thought Billy Jack was better than Tim. This is just how I see it. Tim did go first I get that. And that’s remarkable. I think Elam if he goes where he is really wanted, he may be playing on Sundays too. I bet Tom Brady or Tim didn’t have the best combine numbers either. That’s all the nerds go by that do these ratings most the time.
(11-05-2023, 08:31 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: No it’s not an entirely different level.  Everyone thought Chris Redman was better than Tim.  Bill Curry thought Billy Jack was better than Tim.  This is just how I see it.  Tim did go first I get that.  And that’s remarkable.  I think Elam if he goes where he is really wanted, he may be playing on Sundays too.  I bet Tom Brady or Tim  didn’t have the best combine numbers either.  That’s all the nerds go by that do these ratings most the time.

With every post you make I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or being real.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Shogun
(11-05-2023, 08:31 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: No it’s not an entirely different level.  Everyone thought Chris Redman was better than Tim.  Bill Curry thought Billy Jack was better than Tim.  This is just how I see it.  Tim did go first I get that.  And that’s remarkable.  I think Elam if he goes where he is really wanted, he may be playing on Sundays too.  I bet Tom Brady or Tim  didn’t have the best combine numbers either.  That’s all the nerds go by that do these ratings most the time.

In the church choir ?
Sorry but NO! Not a top QB in Kentucky and definitely will NOT a Sunday player, heck most likely not even a (FBS or FCS) Saturday player. He’s a great HS QB and that’s just that.
If he was the featured performer in an offense that showcased his talents more, he would put up staggering numbers that would rival or surpass any others. No one , at that point, would doubt him as a top 3 QB in KY.
(11-05-2023, 10:44 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

With every post you make I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or being real.

He loses credibility with every word that comes out of his mouth, and I lose brain cells.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shogun's post:
  • Waitaminute
Not looking for anyone’s approval on here. Not looking for any creditably. Some of you guys think you invented football and know so much. Make me want to puke. Can’t help it that non of you know it all nerds wasn’t very good. You could put Tebow playing for Corbin and you all would criticize him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-05-2023, 12:23 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Not looking for anyone’s approval on here.  Not looking for any creditably.  Some of you guys think you invented football and know so much.  Make me want to puke.  Can’t help it that non of you know it all nerds wasn’t very good.  You could put Tebow playing for Corbin and you all would criticize him.

Got to appreciate the take no prisoners, "say it how you feel it " approach. Whether you are a troll or just out on parole, you are not fifty shades of gray like the 99% . I appreciate the color on an otherwise dull landscape. Keep posting, sir!!!
Ok l really love Elam, great kids that has a ton of heart and guts, and I think his Dad gets him in some precarious positions that he has to bail himself out of. In other words yes I think he’s a lot better QB than his ole man is a OC. The biggest disservice I think was his dad deciding to coach him, he should have let someone else bring him along with development and just been his dad. In an offense more suitable to his abilities there’s no telling what the kid could do but we’re never gonna know, cause 99 to nothin is controlling the playbook…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!