Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin QB -Kid Elam
Who all has offered him for college football?  I know he has Louisville offer for baseball already.  I personally think he’s the best QB in Kentucky and was wondering if the Cats were after him.
(11-03-2023, 12:53 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Who all has offered him for college football?  I know he has Louisville offer for baseball already.  I personally think he’s the best QB in Kentucky and was wondering if the Cats were after him.

Cats got their guy Cuter Boley from LCA
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
He’s not close to being the best in the state. He’s good but he’s probably not even top 5.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior, KnoxvillesFinest
(11-03-2023, 02:10 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: He’s not close to being the best in the state. He’s good but he’s probably not even top 5.

Name me four better.
(11-03-2023, 02:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 02:10 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: He’s not close to being the best in the state. He’s good but he’s probably not even top 5.

Name me four better.

Cutter Boley. 
Cole Hodge. 
Brady Atwell
Deuce Bailey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Diogenes, Walt Longmire

Name me four better.
That’s easy, here are 6:
Cutter Boley
Cole Hodge
Jack James
Brady Atwell
Deuce Bailey
Kolter Smith
I’ll stop there but there are at least a few more ahead of him. He’s a great QB but nowhere near the top QB in the state at this time. He may very well be next year as he progresses
Have we been able to see what the Kid can do this season besides hand the ball off to Guy Bailey for most of the '23 campaign? Let the kid sling it!!! He 's a top 5 QB when he's doing something other than handing it off to Bailey or running it up the middle himself. Dude can throw it on a dime 60 yards down the field.

(11-03-2023, 02:25 PM)fansville Wrote:

Name me four better.
That’s easy, here are 6:
Cutter Boley
Cole Hodge
Jack James
Brady Atwell
Deuce Bailey
Kolter Smith
I’ll stop there but there are at least a few more ahead of him. He’s a great QB but nowhere near the top QB in the state at this time. He may very well be next year as he progresses

Most of those couldn't hold  Kid E's jockstrap.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • dbcooper
(11-03-2023, 02:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Have we been able to see what the Kid can do this season besides hand the ball off to Guy Bailey for most of the '23 campaign?  Let the kid sling it!!!  He 's a top 5 QB when he's doing something other than handing it off to Bailey or running it up the middle himself. Dude can throw it on a dime 60 yards down the field.
He better be able to sling it against Boyle County or they will be going to basketball practice the following Monday. Handing it off to Guy Bailey will get them beat by 20 or more. Corbin has some big time weapons at receiver, I hope they use them. Bailey will not cut it running the ball.
I think he’s better than UKs QB right now. He won’t be handing the ball off that much in week 3 against Boyle. He will probably carry the ball more. Seems like he runs for 8-10 every time he runs the ball. He’s about 6’3-240. Reminds me of a Tebow that can throw. And whoever thinks Bailey isn’t any good is trippen. The kid can fly. But I look for Elam to carrying it more week 3 of the playoffs and I been hearing big 99 will be maybe moving to the backfield soon. Wow
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • dbcooper
(11-03-2023, 02:44 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I think he’s better than UKs QB right now.  He won’t be handing the ball off that much in week 3 against Boyle.  He will probably carry the ball more.  Seems like he runs for 8-10 every time he runs the ball.  He’s about 6’3-240.  Reminds me of a Tebow that can throw.  And whoever thinks Bailey isn’t any good is trippen.  The kid can fly.  But I look for Elam to carrying it more week 3 of the playoffs and I been hearing big 99 will be maybe moving to the backfield soon.  Wow

If Haddix would have told me that I would believe it. I personally don’t see it. Maybe a heavy package inside the 10 yard line. We hear this stuff year end and year out from Camp Greer. Greer is a blow sack. He is more famous for playing kids out of position and leaving them on the sidelines rather than putting his best 11 kids on the field in the big games. I’m sure this being Greers last run from all the rumors that he will try anything to beat Haddix one time. Anything is possible, but it won’t be easy. 

Kid Elam is a dangerous QB but doesn’t get the play calling this year to compliment him. He shouldn’t run but a few times a game to keep the defense honest. He should be throwing the leather 8 out of every 10 plays. But being under Greer has honesty hurt him. Greer is a run first coach 3 yards and a cloud of dust and then throw. If Elam was at Boyle or LCA and had a different type of passing offense, he is right there in the top 5 easy. But most the other QBs have offenses to compliment them. Elam is just handing the ball off for the most part. Decoy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(11-03-2023, 03:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 02:44 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I think he’s better than UKs QB right now.  He won’t be handing the ball off that much in week 3 against Boyle.  He will probably carry the ball more.  Seems like he runs for 8-10 every time he runs the ball.  He’s about 6’3-240.  Reminds me of a Tebow that can throw.  And whoever thinks Bailey isn’t any good is trippen.  The kid can fly.  But I look for Elam to carrying it more week 3 of the playoffs and I been hearing big 99 will be maybe moving to the backfield soon.  Wow

If Haddix would have told me that I would believe it. I personally don’t see it. Maybe a heavy package inside the 10 yard line. We hear this stuff year end and year out from Camp Greer. Greer is a blow sack. He is more famous for playing kids out of position and leaving them on the sidelines rather than putting his best 11 kids on the field in the big games. I’m sure this being Greers last run from all the rumors that he will try anything to beat Haddix one time. Anything is possible, but it won’t be easy. 

Kid Elam is a dangerous QB but doesn’t get the play calling this year to compliment him. He shouldn’t run but a few times a game to keep the defense honest. He should be throwing the leather 8 out of every 10 plays. But being under Greer has honesty hurt him. Greer is a run first coach 3 yards and a cloud of dust and then throw. If Elam was at Boyle or LCA and had a different type of passing offense, he is right there in the top 5 easy. But most the other QBs have offenses to compliment them. Elam is just handing the ball off for the most part. Decoy.

If Elam played for a QB and offensive-minded coach like Haddix and a system with maximized his skills, he would be a top five EASY!!!  Greer stunts the growth of skill players, especially on offense.
(11-03-2023, 03:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

If Elam played for a QB and offensive-minded coach like Haddix and a system with maximized his skills, he would be a top five EASY!!!  Greer stunts the growth of skill players, especially on offense.
maybe it’s his daddy that is stunting the growth. He is yet to put his kid in a bad place all year. No deep balls or throws that are tough. Just east dink and dump rpos to the athletes to make plays. But this works too just saying i don’t think the defensive coach is holding back the offense. 

For everyone in the thread, the REAL QB RANKINGS ARE

1. Deuce Bailey, watch him in person and if you’re a wildcat you’ll say drop cutter and go deuce.
2. Cole Hodge, best stats, doesn’t lose, and consistent for 3 years, Underrated arm should get some MAC offers. 
3. Cutter boley, college ready arm. Everything else isn’t, probably highest upside. 
4. Tie Elam and Atwell. Similar records, atwell has better stats but plays in a downfield attack and plays MUCH lesser opponents. 

If you disagree, god bless.
His future is definitely in baseball. It’s a lot easier path as well.
If he did only want to stick to football, I could see him at the NAIA level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior
I could hear arguments for Elam at 3 but that's about as far up as I could put him, personally.

Deuce Bailey and Cutter Boley are interchangeable to me at 1 & 2. Whoever you like between those two to put at the top really comes down to personal preference.

Elam is an outstanding HS QB, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Look forward to seeing him in person again should he make it to Lexington.
Kid Elam is a top 5 Qb in my book
Elam has impressed me when I've seen him, although I haven't seen him very often.
(11-03-2023, 04:56 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

maybe it’s his daddy that is stunting the growth. He is yet to put his kid in a bad place all year. No deep balls or throws that are tough. Just east dink and dump rpos to the athletes to make plays. But this works too just saying i don’t think the defensive coach is holding back the offense. 

1. Deuce Bailey, watch him in person and if you’re a wildcat you’ll say drop cutter and go deuce.
2. Cole Hodge, best stats, doesn’t lose, and consistent for 3 years, Underrated arm should get some MAC offers. 
3. Cutter boley, college ready arm. Everything else isn’t, probably highest upside. 
4. Tie Elam and Atwell. Similar records, atwell has better stats but plays in a downfield attack and plays MUCH lesser opponents. 

It is odd that you experts leave out the only QB that has ever won anything. Sage Dawson at Boyle is going to the Air Force Academy. Have any of you seen his stats?
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
^ I have been blessed the last 3yrs watching Kid Elam & Sage Dawson and yes Sage is top 5 also
Elam is underrated imo however two other Qb’s that dont get enough credit are Isaac Duty and Logan Lundy mainly due to them playing in 1A.
Is this the same one as Kade Elam?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(11-03-2023, 07:04 PM)back country Wrote:

It is odd that you experts leave out the only QB that has ever won anything. Sage Dawson at Boyle is going to the Air Force Academy. Have any of you seen his stats?
He’s very great too. They are loaded at so many positions it’s hard to point out who’s the greatest.
(11-03-2023, 11:38 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: Is this the same one as Kade Elam?

yes

laughs uncontrollably.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Old School Hound
(11-03-2023, 02:25 PM)fansville Wrote:

Name me four better.
That’s easy, here are 6:
Cutter Boley
Cole Hodge
Jack James
Brady Atwell
Deuce Bailey
Kolter Smith
He has progressed beyond his years. He is capable of putting up huge numbers if coach wanted him to pass more.
I think he’s the Top QB in Ky. I know his name isn’t Ace, Deuce, or Trey but Kid can play. He’d be a Major upgrade for the Cats.

I agree with that list for the most part. But I’d move cutter to 1st. Then Bailey at 1A. And move hodge to 3rd. Give boley some top WRs and he’ll show what he can do. 

as far as Elam. Not the best but probably top 5. If you put them all through a workout he’ll give them all a run for their money. His problem is his HC. Control the clock and run heavy! You’ve got a great QB, great WRs, and a line. USE THEM!! But he’s too stubborn and egotistical to change, and that’s why he’ll go back to the house without a ring. You have the curry kid who is outstanding with the ball in his hands. Several offensive players that could make our D so much better! But nope. Look at boyle, Franklin co, you don’t think their best athletes are on the field on both sides? There’s a reason behind it!! That’s what you have to do in HS!
If Corbin doesn’t run clock on Boyle I’ll be shocked. Just from reading these threads they have the two best players to ever play high school defense and a quarterback that is the best in the state and better than college players at an SEC school. I’m not sure how anyone in the state can beat Corbin at this point.
(11-04-2023, 09:24 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: If Corbin doesn’t run clock on Boyle I’ll be shocked. Just from reading these threads they have the two best players to ever play high school defense and a quarterback that is the best in the state and better than college players at an SEC school. I’m not sure how anyone in the state can beat Corbin at this point.

I think the same could be said about Boyle. Reading these threads you'd think they're the best HS team to ever field a team. The Corbin-Boyle game could, very well, be an all-time great one.
Elam is a great player and will definitely go down in top 5 at Corbin. He’s not even top 5 in his class or in the state as far as stats. Doesn’t mean he’s not great in his own right it’s just what it is.

He’s a great talent who will get his college paid for by baseball which is his first love.
He’s TOP 5 in my opinion. I’m not some little nerd that didn’t put the pads on that goes around rating kids based on 40 times and combine scores. I’ve been watching for years and years. Elam looks as good or better than Tim Couch did. Bigger, stronger, and faster than Couch was. Throws maybe as good of a ball as Couch. I’m gonna rate Kid #1 on my poll. I know he isn’t from Lex or Louisville but believe it or not, some kids in the small towns are better than the big city boys.