Poll: Frederick Douglass vs. Corbin
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frederick Douglass
85.11%
Corbin
14.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Frederick Douglass at Corbin 9/15
(09-15-2023, 02:37 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 02:32 PM):)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 02:29 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 02:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 02:15 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Thanks so its only on radio?
No, they livestream video, as well. If it's like in past years it's 5 bucks.
https://t1073.com/Sports.html

Thanks OSH I really appreciate it! Now for only $5 I can watch the Broncos ride into town and run roughshod over the Redhounds. Smile Seriously I hope it's a good game that I think will help prepare both teams for the postseason and that no one sustains any injuries.
You're very welcome. Contrary to what some think, I believe it will be a dandy.  Maybe the best game this season in KY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
You can also follow the game on here. Between Bull and 64, it's liable to be an electric night!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
I expect a full house
(09-15-2023, 03:44 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: You can also follow the game on here.  Between Bull and 64, it's liable to be an electric night!!

Between Bull and 64,   Corbin's ALREADY down 14 , three hours before game time.    Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Granny Bear
What's your blood pressure??
According to all the Leonard's Losers on BGR, Freddy has about an 85% chance of winning. According to Calprep's Freeman Ratings , Freddy has a 73% chance of winning. 

According to a pissed off Old Hound,  Freddy D  is about to be victim of its very own Nightmare on Barbourville Street.

Freddy D. is about to meet its match in a couple of Michigan Wolverines and the spirit of a couple of monsters of the past who will have their backs, Freddy K. and R.C. Thomas.

[Image: https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=650A9B09]

"The only thing to fear is fear himself."   ---  Freddy K.
^I LOVED that movie!! Red Dawn NOT Nightmare on Elm Street.

Don't give up. Don't EVER give up......Jimmy V
(09-15-2023, 05:33 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: What's your blood pressure??

Was 147/ 98 this morning.   This negative Nancy Corbin fans on here are trying to send an Old Hound to the hospital before this one starts.
(09-15-2023, 05:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: According to all the Leonard's Losers on BGR, Freddy has about an 85% chance of winning. According to Calprep's Freeman Ratings , Freddy has a 73% chance of winning. 

According to a pissed off Old Hound,  Freddy D  is about to be victim of its very own Nightmare on Barbourville Street.

Freddy D. is about to meet its match in a couple of Michigan Wolverines and the spirit of a couple of monsters  of the past who will have their backs,  Freddy K.  and  R.C. Thomas.

Hey OSH, I liked the Michigan Wolverines comparison but in case you did not know that Douglass DB Jeramiah Lowe has committed to play for those same Michigan Wolverines. :)
(09-15-2023, 05:50 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 05:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: According to all the Leonard's Losers on BGR, Freddy has about an 85% chance of winning. According to Calprep's Freeman Ratings , Freddy has a 73% chance of winning. 

Freddy D. is about to meet its match in a couple of Michigan Wolverines and the spirit of a couple of monsters  of the past who will have their backs,  Freddy K.  and  R.C. Thomas.

Hey OSH, I liked the Michigan Wolverines comparison but in case you did not know that Douglass DB Jeramiah Lowe has committed to play for those same Michigan Wolverines. Smile

I expect some strange happenings tonight...  Hey , why aren't you on your way down here?
(09-15-2023, 02:14 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 02:04 PM)Hatz Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 11:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 11:22 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 11:14 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I know Dupont Manuel was a powerhouse back in the day so beating them in 1960 and putting 46 points on them was big. But the 10-0 win over Highlands in '62 was probably the best team to come to Campbell and leave with a "L".  Highlands was the two-time defending state champ and hadn't lost a game in over 3 years until they left Campbell Field with a shutout loss.

Interesting story about the win over Manuel.  Coach Walt Green was the coach at the time. He was talking to his team in the locker room before the game when someone came in and handed coach a note. Green read it and appeared shaken. He dropped the note and immediately hurried out of the locker room without saying a word.  Someone picked up the note, read it , and announced to the team that Coach Green's mother had passed away. Coach Green would not be on the sidelines for the Hounds that day in the biggest game of the year against the Louisville power.

The Hounds, motivated to win the big game for their coach, put a hurting on the highly regarded Manuel team 46-34.  The thing is, however, Coach Green was there that day, not on the sidelines, but up in the press box. You see, he had contrived the whole story in order to motivate his kids. His mother had not died. It was all a ruse. And it worked. The Corbin kids knocked of Manuel , completing the 1960 season undefeated and untied at 11-0.

Seems a touch extreme.

That was my thought , as well.  I guess finishing undefeated and beating one of the state's best was a really big deal.  Maybe Tommy can try something similar tonight. Announce to the kids that he's leaving to take over for Lou Anarumo as defensive coordinator of the Bengals.   Smile

how did Corbin miss the playoffs in 1960?

There was a flawed ratings system called the Dickinson system that left them on the outside looking in. If you think RPI was nuts, Dickinson was over the Cuckoo's nest crazy. Very flawed system, worse than today.

oh, I know all about the Dickinson System. It was a very flawed system. ?
(09-15-2023, 05:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 05:33 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: What's your blood pressure??

Was 147/ 98 this morning.   This negative Nancy Corbin fans on here are trying to send an Old Hound to the hospital before this one starts.

That's pretty high!  High Viz may hit this square on the head!!
(09-15-2023, 05:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 05:50 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Hey OSH, I liked the Michigan Wolverines comparison but in case you did not know that Douglass DB Jeramiah Lowe has committed to play for those same Michigan Wolverines. :)

I expect some strange happenings tonight...  Hey , why aren't you on your way down here?

I had an accident at work back in February I fell on a wet spot in front of a classroom, and I ruptured and tore my patella tendons in both knees and dislocated both kneecaps. I went to UK had surgery on both at the same time spent 5 days at UK then 2 weeks at Cardinal Hill. The surgeries did not heal correctly on either knee. I was sent to the Dr. that does all of Kentucky's players surgeries and had one redone in May and the other one done last Thursday. They took a organ doner achilles tendon and drilled a hole in my shin bone to anchor it. After each surgery I am bound to a wheelchair for 6 weeks before I can put in weight in my leg so that was why I was asking if I could actually watch the game. Up until this season I had seen every Douglass game since their inception. I was actually an assistant AD there from 2017-2020. It's been hard not being able to get out to see the games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Granny Bear
I am pulling for the Hounds in this one but I think it will be a dog fight!!
Thank god they excepted my application to help with the chain gang tonight………….Corbin will need me after all. Lol!!
Make sure you have your dark glasses and cane with you.
Purchased the livestream and the picture looks very good. I hope the video stream runs smoothly, we'll see.
(09-15-2023, 05:42 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: ^I LOVED that movie!!  Red Dawn NOT Nightmare on Elm Street.

Don't give up.  Don't EVER give up......Jimmy V

I loved Mr. Valvano.
I’m watching it on my 50” tv off my firestick the picture is amazing. The announcers are homers but they should be. It’s their show. It is well worth the $5 dollars. The announcers sure are playing it up they just said that this is biggest crowd in the history of Corbin football and that this is the biggest game in Corbin football history.

(09-15-2023, 09:02 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I’m watching it on my 50” tv off my firestick the picture is amazing. The announcers are homers but they should be. It’s their show. It is well worth the $5 dollars. The announcers sure are playing it up they just said that this is biggest crowd in the history of Corbin football and that this is the biggest game in Corbin football history.

Other than the one big pass play the rest of the possession the Douglass defense did not allow much of a running game and on the other two pass attempts QB Cam Estepp was sacked.