Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Raceland 7 Pikeville 6
1A is be far the weakest class top to bottom this season. Neither Pikeville nor Raceland are very strong and they both are heads and shoulders above the rest of the field. Whoever thought this would be a good season for Raceland to play Highlands was mistaken.
(09-09-2023, 07:28 PM)Lucas Wrote: 1A is be far the weakest class top to bottom this season. Neither Pikeville nor Raceland are very strong and they both are heads and shoulders above the rest of the field. Whoever thought this would be a good season for Raceland to play Highlands was mistaken.

You are just a daggone genius!  I thought weakest was supposed to be 6A down to the powerhouse 1A.
(09-10-2023, 12:36 AM)VoR_58 Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 07:28 PM)Lucas Wrote: 1A is be far the weakest class top to bottom this season. Neither Pikeville nor Raceland are very strong and they both are heads and shoulders above the rest of the field. Whoever thought this would be a good season for Raceland to play Highlands was mistaken.

You are just a daggone genius!  I thought weakest was supposed to be 6A down to the powerhouse 1A.
You missed my point, genius. There are two decent teams in 1A and a big gap down to a third team, which is not very good at all. No class is more unbalanced than 1A. 1A should be the weakest class overall - and it is, but there is no excuse for there not being more than a couple of teams with any chance to win the title year after year. How many teams currently in 1A have ever won the 1A title?
I wouldn’t sleep on Campbellsville. Each team will matchup differently. It’s Evident so far that Raceland/Pikeville are 1/2.

I went back and watched this game. Pikeville definitely missed Anthony. Raceland connected on some dangerous plays that extended some plays. But they better sure up that secondary because they don’t win this game is Duty has time back there. They were beat on 3 deeps balls. One was a touchdown, the others were over thrown. But if Duty had that half a sec to an extra second those are probably 6. Raceland won this game because I’d the pressure applied to the quarterback. Raceland in my opinion in these big games need to give Wallace those necessary touchs. They did that this game a little but later in down the road they need to load him up with them.
Raceland fans should really celebrate this win. I think their history of postseason disappointments have made them hesitant to do so. The rest of 1A consists of teams that both Raceland and Pikeville will beat in running clock fashion. The 1A season is entirely about who wins between Raceland and Pikeville and the Rams just beat Pikeville on their home field. Raceland has to do it one more time when it counts, but this win certainly shows it is very possible this year. If not now, then when?
(09-10-2023, 08:12 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Raceland fans should really celebrate this win.  I think their history of postseason disappointments have made them hesitant to do so.  The rest of 1A consists of teams that both Raceland and Pikeville will beat in running clock fashion.  The 1A season is entirely about who wins between Raceland and Pikeville and the Rams just beat Pikeville on their home field.  Raceland has to do it one more time when it counts, but this win certainly shows it is very possible this year.  If not now, then when?
This was a big win and it’s good to have the Pikeville monkey off of our back but in the back of my mind I can’t help but wonder if this was a fluke.  Pikeville had a lot of miscues and this very easily could have been a 35-7 game if they executed a few missed plays.  When Raceland plays Pikeville again they have to figure out a way to score some points because I don’t think 7 will cut it the next time around.
(09-10-2023, 09:00 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 08:12 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Raceland fans should really celebrate this win.  I think their history of postseason disappointments have made them hesitant to do so.  The rest of 1A consists of teams that both Raceland and Pikeville will beat in running clock fashion.  The 1A season is entirely about who wins between Raceland and Pikeville and the Rams just beat Pikeville on their home field.  Raceland has to do it one more time when it counts, but this win certainly shows it is very possible this year.  If not now, then when?
This was a big win and it’s good to have the Pikeville monkey off of our back but in the back of my mind I can’t help but wonder if this was a fluke.  Pikeville had a lot of miscues and this very easily could have been a 35-7 game if they executed a few missed plays.  When Raceland plays Pikeville again they have to figure out a way to score some points because I don’t think 7 will cut it the next time around.
It isn’t like Raceland didn’t have miscues that would’ve put this game away. If we keep our foot on the pedal in the second quarter instead of trying to score as time runs out in the half it could’ve been 14-6 at half. If the Raceland kid that caught the halfback pass doesn’t stop running he might scored. If we don’t fumble two plays later we might’ve scored. And I think the big thing you fall to realize is we had the ability to stop Pikevilles big plays in this game for the first time in two years. I see things differently than you. The next we meet Pikeville it could be a 35-14 game….but with us scoring the 35. We played defense the entire second half.
(09-10-2023, 09:52 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 09:00 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
It isn’t like Raceland didn’t have miscues that would’ve put this game away. If we keep our foot on the pedal in the second quarter instead of trying to score as time runs out in the half it could’ve been 14-6 at half. If the Raceland kid that caught the halfback pass doesn’t stop running he might scored. If we don’t fumble two plays later we might’ve scored. And I think the big thing you fall to realize is we had the ability to stop Pikevilles big plays in this game for the first time in two years. I see things differently than you. The next we meet Pikeville it could be a 35-14 game….but with us scoring the 35. We played defense the entire second half.
We will see how it plays out in the playoffs hopefully at Kroger.  I’ve just watched a lot of Raceland football and have learned not to get too excited about a regular season win against a team that can come back and beat you later when it counts. 

It’s a new week now and time to move on and focus on another big challenge against Highlands.