Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Raceland 7 Pikeville 6
Final
Final. In the who can be most vanilla bowl.
[-] The following 2 users Like RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Diogenes, Granny Bear
What a game! I’ll happily eat my crow and in this one. Both teams fought hard until the end and look forward to seeing round 2 in the playoffs.
I expected more points, but hey, a win is a win!!

Congratulations Raceland!!
Anybody have this score ??? Anybody?? Hahah. A couple of y’all said you felt it would be a close game but I don’t think anyone thought it would be a 1975 7-6 score haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Bull got out!
That was a hard game to watch lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • RAMDAD50
Pikeville left a lot of points on the field. If Duty and his receivers were in sync Pikeville wins by 2 scores.
(09-08-2023, 10:29 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: Pikeville left a lot of points on the field.  If Duty and his receivers were in sync Pikeville wins by 2 scores.
Damnit ….can’t you at least let a Pikeville fan say that haha
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • pjdoug, RamsFan
I would say it was an offensive struggle on both sides. As a matter of fact offensively this game was offensive!
(09-08-2023, 10:29 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: Pikeville left a lot of points on the field.  If Duty and his receivers were in sync Pikeville wins by 2 scores.

If if's and but's were beer and nuts...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-08-2023, 10:30 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Haha I had to beat them to it.  I actually enjoyed watching the defensive battle.  Both teams fought hard and I can’t see anyone else in Class A competing with either team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-08-2023, 10:31 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I would say it was an offensive struggle on both sides. As a matter of fact  offensively this game was offensive!
Especially when the biggest pass play from the line of scrimmage wasn’t even from your quarterback
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • BlackAndYellow
Congrats Raceland
(09-08-2023, 10:32 PM)HWestside Wrote:

If if's and but's were beer and nuts...
All I’m saying is I’m the next meeting look for those plays to be executed.
  • Westside
(09-08-2023, 10:33 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
Haha I had to beat them to it.  I actually enjoyed watching the defensive battle.  Both teams fought hard and I can’t see anyone else in Class A competing with either team.
 Ow wait a minute….you was talking up NCC earlier this year. So you’re saying you’ve had a change of heart ?
I don’t understand why they didn’t kick a field goal when it was 4th and goal at the 1. That would have probably won the game. That is just a coaching blunder than I wouldn’t have expected from Pikeville.
Congratulations Raceland you got that monkey off your back but next game if it comes up will be different and RAD your are correct it was vanilla and I predicted a low scoring game but it definitely was a very good game to watch
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Diogenes, RAMDAD50
Pikeville falling apart
I’ll have some crow as well. I didn’t have a dog in the fight but thought Pikeville would take this one easily.
(09-08-2023, 10:38 PM)I’m RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 10:33 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
 Ow wait a minute….you was talking up NCC earlier this year. So you’re saying you’ve had a change of heart ?
I also thought Pikeville would out a running clock on us tonight.  I can change my mind when evidence presents itself lol.
  • RAMDAD50
To go on their home field WOW
Congrats to The Rams. You played a lot cleaner than Pikeville did. Lots to clean up this week. I will say that I thought the last play was for sure a catch. But either way that's not a Gurantee that Pikeville ends up scoring. We'll meet again at Kroger Field. Although Paris is a pretty dang good team, I'm curious to see the score of your First match up before you meet the Greyhounds in the Playoffs again.
There was a couple of calls some might find in question.
Pikevilles score that was called back was definitely false start on about four Pikeville players.
Same drive to startle the 4th quarter. 4th and goal…he didn’t get in the end zone. He hit parallel with the goal line and rolled in. I was surprised the refs made the right call.
Last play for Pikeville….I have no clue if it was a catch or not.
(09-08-2023, 10:40 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: I don’t understand why they didn’t kick a field goal when it was 4th and goal at the 1.  That would have probably won the game.  That is just a coaching blunder than I wouldn’t have expected from Pikeville.

Inside the 1 like that I’m just calling qb sneak. No reason to still be in shotgun. Just my opinion though. Pikeville’s kicker was injured earlier in the season and not sure they have much of a kicking game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Ifs
Ifs
Ifs
With a healthy Anthony rb/LB for pikeville in the backfield with caudill pikeville destroys raceland. Wait until the rematch. If raceland makes it that far. Raceland isn't very good. I know football.
Congratulations Raceland!!!
(09-08-2023, 11:01 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Ifs
Ifs
Ifs
With a healthy Anthony rb/LB for pikeville in the backfield with caudill pikeville destroys raceland. Wait until the rematch. If raceland makes it that far. Raceland isn't very good. I know football.
I wouldn’t give you 2 cents for what you think you know hahah clown
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • HighViz, Woodshed
(09-08-2023, 10:48 PM)VoR_58 Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 10:40 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: I don’t understand why they didn’t kick a field goal when it was 4th and goal at the 1.  That would have probably won the game.  That is just a coaching blunder than I wouldn’t have expected from Pikeville.

Inside the 1 like that I’m just calling qb sneak. No reason to still be in shotgun. Just my opinion though. Pikeville’s kicker was injured earlier in the season and not sure they have much of a kicking game.
Jacob Rogers got injured in preseason and is still out. He did an excellent job last season. The young man Isaiah Stanley no doubt has done his best in subbing and will probably get better as the season progresses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Orange Blaze
I’ll give credit when credit is due and I’ll say that halfback stretch pass on 3rd and long from the end zone was one heckuva call.
Also Racelands D stepped up and made plays when they had to, the goaline stand and forcing the fumble when Pikeville was driving again. I’d say these two will see each other again but the Rams have to feel pretty good about getting a win over the Panthers at Hambley. Also the Webb kid for Raceland is a real nice player. Good luck Rams going forward and Pikeville better tighten their chin straps because a trip to Pond Creek is on the horizon.
Patiently wait for onslaught of whines, excuses, and belching of crow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Woodshed