Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCA 31 Pikeville 13
(09-05-2023, 12:00 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: I give credit to pikeville for the last 4 years and that’s it.

Why just pick 4 years?
Heck let’s pick 10 20 or maybe 68.

Last 10 head to head 5-5

Last 20 Belfry 15-5

All time 39-38 BHS with a couple of ties.

Funny how people want to cherry pick 4 years.

Where were the same people when Belfry ran off 13 in a row and 17/18?

Where are the people that in the “modern” KHSAA Belfry leads 34-21?

8 greater than 7

Last 20 years.

16 semis
12 championship games
8 titles…

There’s your analysis greater than a biased 4 year window.
Lol! You can throw out all the numbers you want, but if someone don't stop the exit from the pond creek school it will be forced into class 2-A, then it will have to deal with the Panthers more than one time in mid September each year. There's something wrong at a school that sees it students leaving like that. Looks like the same ol county politics to me. You see just the opposite at PHS. Unless things change at bhs their days of being a football power looks pretty dim. Politics kill!
Politics is nothing more than selfishness. It has destroyed a many of a program…..
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-, HighViz
(09-05-2023, 09:55 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 09:06 AM)HighViz Wrote: What have you done lately for the king of the mountains is the way I see it.  Pikeville wins it in my mind.
Pikeville wins in 99.9% of other minds as well. Only a few Belfry homer's still think the Pirates are the best team in the mountains. They also have a hard time understanding past and present and like to bring up past stats. I don't see how anyone can say with a straight face that Belfry has been better than Pikeville in the last 5-6 years when the Panthers have owned the Pirates. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Belfry fan and can't wait until the Pirates ends this losing streak to the Panthers, but I'm also not a homer and won't argue where there's no argument.
5-6 years yes. Take last 8. 4-4 head to head and Belfry has 2 56-13 wins in that time. Beat Pikeville championship team in 2015 34-8. So it’s really what you look at as recent. Belfry isn’t like Breathitt and not won a title in over 20 years and only played in 1 since 2004. Like I said, if you want to claim king of EKY beat the other on the field when you play. I think the game this year between the 2 will be very competitive and could see either one winning.

Heck JC fans can make a claim they are kings of EKY last 10 years. There is a case to be made there for them.
(09-05-2023, 11:32 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 12:00 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: I give credit to pikeville for the last 4 years and that’s it.

Why just pick 4 years?
Heck let’s pick 10 20 or maybe 68.

Last 10 head to head 5-5

Last 20 Belfry 15-5

All time 39-38 BHS with a couple of ties.

Funny how people want to cherry pick 4 years.

Where were the same people when Belfry ran off 13 in a row and 17/18?

Where are the people that in the “modern” KHSAA Belfry leads 34-21?

8 greater than 7

Last 20 years.

16 semis
12 championship games
8 titles…

There’s your analysis greater than a biased 4 year window.
Lol! You can throw out all the numbers you want, but if someone don't stop the exit from the pond creek school it will be forced into class 2-A, then it will have to deal with the Panthers more than one time in mid September each year. There's something wrong at a school that sees it students leaving like that. Looks like the same ol county politics to me. You see just the opposite at PHS. Unless things change at bhs their days of being a football power looks pretty dim. Politics kill!
Typo: Should read class 1-A
Raceland especially their QB is elite. Outside of him the Rams are solid but not a lot of game changers. If the Rams QB has a big game and gets some help from his supporting cast this game will be a lot closer then most think.
Pikeville's defense is a championship defense. What they were able to hold LCA to was the best of all 3 teams LCA has played so far. I think their defense will give Raceland fits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cobraxx's post:
  • jetpilot