Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCA 31 Pikeville 13
Final.
Congratulations LCA!!! Pikeville great job!!!
Congrats LCA!!!
Congratulations LCA…………..Way to hang tough Pikeville
Congratulations to LCA keep working Panthers it’s a long season
I know Pikeville expects to win every game, but this was a very respectable loss.
[-] The following 4 users Like Westside's post:
  • Bud_Bundy, Hound05, nemo, pjdoug
LCA focused and hungry off of last weeks near miss. Honestly figured this would be closer. I hate losing more than I like winning. But sometimes a loss will refocus you and a game like this pikeville knows what it needs to work on going forward.
I think Pikeville will be just fine, thank you very much. Another state title when December rolls around.
Did Hensley roll in this one?
I haven’t seen the final stats but he was a huge factor in the win. I’m guessing close to 200 yds rushing against a very good Pikeville Defense.
(09-03-2023, 02:55 AM)Hound05 Wrote: LCA focused and hungry off of last weeks near miss. Honestly figured this would be closer. I hate losing more than I like winning. But sometimes a loss will refocus you and a game like this pikeville knows what it needs to work on going forward.

So should they just mail the 2a trophy to LCA?
(09-03-2023, 12:31 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 02:55 AM)Hound05 Wrote: LCA focused and hungry off of last weeks near miss. Honestly figured this would be closer. I hate losing more than I like winning. But sometimes a loss will refocus you and a game like this pikeville knows what it needs to work on going forward.

Smile
(09-03-2023, 12:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 12:31 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:

Smile

I’m glad you got a good laugh out of that as well! ???
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sportsfan4646's post:
  • Bull got out!
Someone check on jet….. he is MIA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • HighViz
Congratulations to LCA. Gotta give props to Coach Macnamee for playing such a tough schedule this season.
This was a great game to watch. LCA has great speed defensively and it gave Pikeville some problems. Pikeville’s Defense played pretty well honestly, I had kind of thought going into the game that LCA probably wins by 2-3 TDs but I thought it would be a higher scoring affair something like 45-28 range.
Hensley was the difference maker for LCA, he’s a fun back to watch, nice combination of speed, quickness, and power. LCA’s Defense was a very big surprise to me too, they are fast and with the addition of the Hardge kid inside they have a very disruptive DL.
That was a good game for both squads and I think both have legit shots at state titles. Time to get back to work.
[-] The following 3 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bud_Bundy, HighViz
Aren’t there usually 4-5 pages on pikeville games?
That Pikeville versus Raceland game is going to be awesome. Where will they be playing at? If it’s in Pikeville I’ll definitely go to that game
(09-04-2023, 03:15 PM)Bud_Bundy Wrote: That Pikeville versus Raceland game is going to be awesome. Where will they be playing at? If it’s in Pikeville I’ll definitely go to that game
It’s at Pikeville
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Bud_Bundy
(09-04-2023, 03:15 PM)Bud_Bundy Wrote: That Pikeville versus Raceland game is going to be awesome. Where will they be playing at? If it’s in Pikeville I’ll definitely go to that game
No disrespect to Raceland, but that game won't be close. Pikeville lost to one of the best teams in the entire state, regardless of class, but it still don't change the fact that the Panthers are still "Kings of EKY". Don't let that loss fool you. They took care of JC already and they'll take care of Belfry, Raceland, and the rest of the Mountain teams when the time comes. Pikeville's just "different" and they have been for awhile now. If im wrong, I'll gladly eat the "crow", but I doubt I am. There time at the top will eventually end, just like Belfry's did, but I don't see it ending in the next year or two.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • Bud_Bundy
(09-04-2023, 06:09 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
No disrespect to Raceland, but that game won't be close. Pikeville lost to one of the best teams in the entire state, regardless of class, but it still don't change the fact that the Panthers are still "Kings of EKY". Don't let that loss fool you. They took care of JC already and they'll take care of Belfry, Raceland, and the rest of the Mountain teams when the time comes. Pikeville's just "different" and they have been for awhile now. If im wrong, I'll gladly eat the "crow", but I doubt I am. There time at the top will eventually end, just like Belfry's did, but I don't see it ending in the next year or two.

is Corbin considered eligible for King of the Mountains?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(09-04-2023, 06:27 PM)Hatz Wrote:

To me their not. What I call EKY is FAR east. Corbin's more Central KY IMO.
  • Jack Lambert
(09-04-2023, 07:08 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote:

I have to disagree....When you live over here, everyone is referred to as SouthEastern Kentucky... So I would no doubt call them a Mountain Football team. I am almost 50, and I have never told anyone I live in Central Kentucky... I worked in Lexington for over 20 years...When we think of Central, Ky then you are talking about Richmond to Danville area.  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • #55PirateFan, Jack Lambert, pjdoug
(09-04-2023, 03:31 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
It’s at Pikeville
Thank you for the information!

I enjoy watching games in pikeville when I’m in the area. Pikeville and belfry are two of my favorites in eastern Kentucky. Both teams with legendary coaches. Pikeville will win several more championships with Macnamee in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bud_Bundy's post:
  • #55PirateFan
Belfry had a run that lasted nearly 2 decades.  As a Raceland fan I hope Pikeville doesn’t have that same longevity lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(09-04-2023, 07:24 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I have to disagree....When you live over here, everyone is referred to as SouthEastern Kentucky... So I would no doubt call them a Mountain Football team. I am almost 50, and I have never told anyone I live in Central Kentucky... I worked in Lexington for over 20 years...When we think of Central, Ky then you are talking about Richmond to Danville area.  Smile
It's just the way I see it ol buddy, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. It's one of those opinion things.
[-] The following 2 users Like #55PirateFan's post:
  • Bull got out!, Orange Blaze
WYMT covers Corbin. So. It’s def considered a Mountain School.
(09-04-2023, 08:22 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 07:24 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 06:09 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote: No disrespect to Raceland, but that game won't be close. Pikeville lost to one of the best teams in the entire state, regardless of class, but it still don't change the fact that the Panthers are still "Kings of EKY". Don't let that loss fool you. They took care of JC already and they'll take care of Belfry, Raceland, and the rest of the Mountain teams when the time comes. Pikeville's just "different" and they have been for awhile now. If im wrong, I'll gladly eat the "crow", but I doubt I am. There time at the top will eventually end, just like Belfry's did, but I don't see it ending in the next year or two.

It's just the way I see it ol buddy, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. It's one of those opinion things.

I understand, thats why I wanted you to hear my opinon from someone who lives over this way... Smile Our hills may not be as big as those mountains but they will still make you breathe hard after the first 100 feet...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • #55PirateFan
(09-04-2023, 08:52 PM)HighViz Wrote: WYMT covers Corbin.  So. It’s def considered a Mountain School.
Ok fine, for the sake of argument let's call Corbin a EKY Mountain team, that still doesn't change the fact that Pikeville has been Kings of the EKY Mountains the last couple years does it? I mean the Panthers have won 3 titles in the last 4 years in football, and their more than likely going to win another this year. That would be their 3rd straight title and 4 in the last 5 years. What other "mountain team" has come close to doing that in the last 5 years? Not Corbin, Belfry, JC, or anyone else in the mountains.
  • Bud_Bundy
I agree. Corbin has done nothing to deserve It. We still let people not employed by the school system call the shots down here. And the superintendent is our Football GM. Kinda odd huh?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • #55PirateFan