Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCA 31 Pikeville 13
(09-04-2023, 09:17 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 08:52 PM)HighViz Wrote: WYMT covers Corbin.  So. It’s def considered a Mountain School.
Ok fine, for the sake of argument let's call Corbin a EKY Mountain team, that still doesn't change the fact that Pikeville has been Kings of the EKY Mountains the last couple years does it? I mean the Panthers have won 3 titles in the last 4 years in football, and their more than likely going to win another this year. That would be their 3rd straight title and 4 in the last 5 years. What other "mountain team" has come close to doing that in the last 5 years? Not Corbin, Belfry, JC, or anyone else in the mountains.

Corbin definately don't have any titles if thats what is the determining factor in being on top. But if Corbin played Pikeville, Johnson Central, Belfry this season or last season, I would have to say that Corbin has become the team that is better than those Kings of the Mountain Teams...So for 2 years, they are on top. Maybe next year as well and maybe not. But I have to give them some credit since no one else will.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • #55PirateFan
(09-04-2023, 09:26 PM)HighViz Wrote: I agree.  Corbin has done nothing to deserve It.  We still let people not employed by the school system call the shots down here.  And the superintendent is our Football GM.  Kinda odd huh?

Hopefully if all the rumors are true thats circulating, there will be all kinds of changes. Yet to be determined if for the better.....
Let’s hear the rumors Bull! Put em out here. Or dM.
(09-04-2023, 09:46 PM)HighViz Wrote: Let’s hear the rumors Bull! Put em out here. Or dM.

Same ole stuff as last year.....Nothing new under the sun... Smile They sell Bull Bologna in Corbin so who knows what is truth.....
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • HighViz, Patriot1
(09-04-2023, 07:08 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 06:27 PM)Hatz Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 06:09 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 03:15 PM)Bud_Bundy Wrote: That Pikeville versus Raceland game is going to be awesome. Where will they be playing at? If it’s in Pikeville I’ll definitely go to that game
No disrespect to Raceland, but that game won't be close. Pikeville lost to one of the best teams in the entire state, regardless of class, but it still don't change the fact that the Panthers are still "Kings of EKY". Don't let that loss fool you. They took care of JC already and they'll take care of Belfry, Raceland, and the rest of the Mountain teams when the time comes. Pikeville's just "different" and they have been for awhile now. If im wrong, I'll gladly eat the "crow", but I doubt I am. There time at the top will eventually end, just like Belfry's did, but I don't see it ending in the next year or two.

is Corbin considered eligible for King of the Mountains?
To me their not. What I call EKY is FAR east. Corbin's more Central KY IMO.
NO NO NO! Corbin is definitely South and East. It's about 25 minutes from Tennessee, and less than an hour from Virginia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-04-2023, 09:26 PM)HighViz Wrote: I agree.  Corbin has done nothing to deserve It.  We still let people not employed by the school system call the shots down here.  And the superintendent is our Football GM.  Kinda odd huh?
It's a shame what's going on there. I've always been a HUGE fan of Corbin. I hope somebody wakes up and fixes whats going on there. Good luck my friend.

(09-04-2023, 09:27 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 09:17 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 08:52 PM)HighViz Wrote: WYMT covers Corbin.  So. It’s def considered a Mountain School.
Ok fine, for the sake of argument let's call Corbin a EKY Mountain team, that still doesn't change the fact that Pikeville has been Kings of the EKY Mountains the last couple years does it? I mean the Panthers have won 3 titles in the last 4 years in football, and their more than likely going to win another this year. That would be their 3rd straight title and 4 in the last 5 years. What other "mountain team" has come close to doing that in the last 5 years? Not Corbin, Belfry, JC, or anyone else in the mountains.

Corbin definately don't have any titles if thats what is the determining factor in being on top. But if Corbin played Pikeville, Johnson Central, Belfry this season or last season, I would have to say that Corbin has become the team that is better than those Kings of the Mountain Teams...So for 2 years, they are on top. Maybe next year as well and maybe not. But I have to give them some credit since no one else will.  Smile
I'm not going to get into all that. I don't know what would happen if Pikeville and Corbin played, and nobody else does either. I'm not into the "well this one would beat that one this year". Nobody knows how those games would turn out. Their not playing so im not going to speculate. Like I said, in my opinion, Pikeville is Kings right now. Their not only beating teams in their own class, they're beating historically good teams in higher classes, and doing it in impressive fashion. Their doing what Belfry did a few years ago when they were on top and it takes a top team in the entire state to beat a Single A school. That's pretty darn impressive to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • Bull got out!
Belfry still king of the East. I’ll bring numbers out if you need me to.
(09-04-2023, 11:42 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: Belfry still king of the East.  I’ll bring numbers out if you need me to.

Smile Numbers don't lie.....
Corbin beat Pikeville last year and would likely beat them this year. However, to be king you gotta have jewelry and it can’t all be 40+ yrs old. If Corbin wins 4A this year then they are king of the mountains for at least a year in my opinion.
(09-04-2023, 11:42 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: Belfry still king of the East.  I’ll bring numbers out if you need me to.
Go ahead post all the numbers you want but the only numbers that matter at the moment is Pikeville hasn't lost to Belfry since 2018 (I think) and have won 3 championships in the same time frame. Not to mention they'll more than likely win another this year for a 3-peat.

(09-04-2023, 11:45 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Smile Numbers don't lie.....
Lol
Retired king maybe, Pikeville siezed that thrown a few years ago and makes sure you remember it with a whoopin every mid September. Can’t claim the thrown if you can’t beat the the team sitting in it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(09-04-2023, 11:50 PM)fansville Wrote:
Retired king maybe, Pikeville siezed that thrown a few years ago and makes sure you remember it with a whoopin every mid September. Can’t claim the thrown if you can’t beat the the team sitting in it.
Yelp
I give credit to pikeville for the last 4 years and that’s it.

Why just pick 4 years?
Heck let’s pick 10 20 or maybe 68.

Last 10 head to head 5-5

Last 20 Belfry 15-5

All time 39-38 BHS with a couple of ties.

Funny how people want to cherry pick 4 years.

Where were the same people when Belfry ran off 13 in a row and 17/18?

Where are the people that in the “modern” KHSAA Belfry leads 34-21?

8 greater than 7

Last 20 years.

16 semis
12 championship games
8 titles…

There’s your analysis greater than a biased 4 year window.

Allow me to bring a number out....2018
Last decades. Belfry 6 trophies PHS 4. Duh….

Used to be on here years ago that everyone agreed. PHS was better because they had an edge in trophies 3-2. Gees Belfry surpasses them in all major categories but all time wins and suddenly PHS is king. BS
(09-05-2023, 12:00 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: I give credit to pikeville for the last 4 years and that’s it.

Why just pick 4 years?

Last 10 head to head 5-5

Last 20 Belfry 15-5

8 greater than 7

Last 20 years.

16 semis
12 championship games
8 titles…

You must be friends with my grandpa. He tells me all the time about how Belfry beat Pikeville but it was so long ago he can't remember any of the details....
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(09-05-2023, 12:00 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: I give credit to pikeville for the last 4 years and that’s it.

Why just pick 4 years?

Last 10 head to head 5-5

Last 20 Belfry 15-5

8 greater than 7

Last 20 years.

16 semis
12 championship games
8 titles…

Because most folks live in the present, not the past. And at present, Pikeville is the best team in this area, period. Belfry had a great run, and during that run just about everyone agreed that they were the best in the area and one of the top teams in the state. But that time is over for now. All that matters is whats going on now. Hell, I won a Championship too, but that was way back in 1994, and guess what, nobody cares and very few even remember it.
Yep great year 2018. Another Pirate victory.

I mean 10 years ain’t that long and BHS has 6 PHS 4. Numbers don’t lie.

I remember every win and loss. To be honest , Johnson Central has been better than both BHS and PHS several years. Not this year of course..”

BTW. To be the King of the Mountain, Corbin needs to win some hardware.
^^^I have put on 25 pounds since Belfry beat Pikeville. Belfry can't be the king of E KY when they don't have anyone who goes to BHS who has ever seen a Belfry win over Pikeville while they have been in HS. A few days will be 5 years since Belfry was the king of Pike County...
Too much logic jet daggone it lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-05-2023, 12:34 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: Too much logic jet daggone it lol

There is plenty enough logic for both sides lol...
1 day a year I want Belfry to lose, never more than 1 day.
I hate to agree jet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • jetpilot
Here’s my 2 cents on the argument. Most recent Pikeville has been the best team in EKY. They have the wins and titles to back that up. But I also said a couple years ago when that 2023 class graduates they’d take a step back. Kind of like when the 2016 class at BHS was gone. The talent at the middle school level hasn’t been as good recently from what I have seen. Now I still think Pikeville will win a couple titles due to the fact 1A is like a bunch of JV teams after you get past Pikeville and Raceland. Good thing is both teams will have a chance to prove who the king is of EKY at Cam Stadium in a couple weeks.
You can take any class in Kentucky and once you get by the first 4 or 5 teams it’s like you say it’s like jv teams
1. Pikeville/Belfry in 2 weeks shaping up to be epic.
2. Pikeville freshman class will be like 2023 graduating class before they are done.
3. 3A was weakest class for several of Belfry titles.
And I don't think he ever played a down of football. All I remember him doing is rolling doobies and making below average grades in school.  Now he's running the football program and being given straight A's on his "report card" by his Board of Puppets.
Only in Corbin, folks.  40 years and countin' ...
(09-05-2023, 12:05 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:

Why just pick 4 years?

Last 10 head to head 5-5

Last 20 Belfry 15-5

8 greater than 7

Last 20 years.

16 semis
12 championship games
8 titles…

Because most folks live in the present, not the past. And at present, Pikeville is the best team in this area, period. Belfry had a great run, and during that run just about everyone agreed that they were the best in the area and one of the top teams in the state. But that time is over for now. All that matters is whats going on now. Hell, I won a Championship too, but that was way back in 1994, and guess what, nobody cares and very few even remember it.
Truest word in whole post is RUN. Belfry had a great run not so long ago. Pikeville is on one now and will continue for at least couple more in 1A. Each side will claim the crown but if you look at total scope both programs are fairly even through out history. Pikeville had titles in the 80’s. Belfry in the 90’s. Both showed/showing off in the most recent 20 year span. But if you ask about today you got to give edge to the Panthers. Any and all questions will be answered in 2 weeks who is the King of the east.
What have you done lately for the king of the mountains is the way I see it. Pikeville wins it in my mind.
(09-05-2023, 09:06 AM)HighViz Wrote: What have you done lately for the king of the mountains is the way I see it.  Pikeville wins it in my mind.
Pikeville wins in 99.9% of other minds as well. Only a few Belfry homer's still think the Pirates are the best team in the mountains. They also have a hard time understanding past and present and like to bring up past stats. I don't see how anyone can say with a straight face that Belfry has been better than Pikeville in the last 5-6 years when the Panthers have owned the Pirates. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Belfry fan and can't wait until the Pirates ends this losing streak to the Panthers, but I'm also not a homer and won't argue where there's no argument.
(09-05-2023, 01:08 AM)jetpilot Wrote: 1. Pikeville/Belfry in 2 weeks shaping up to be epic.
2. Pikeville freshman class will be like 2023 graduating class before they are done.
3. 3A was weakest class for several of Belfry titles.
 4. Same can be said for most of Pikevilles recent titles in 1A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belfry_99's post:
  • Shogun