Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris 22 Hazard 6
(09-03-2023, 12:06 PM)Cledog30 Wrote: I think a lot of schools aren’t that good this year. Be cause the vid reclassification years have played out and other teams have finally caught up. Paris is pretty good. Maybe a 8/7. Hazard had a bunch of boneheaded personal foul penalties on 4th downs. Paris relied on the speed, sweeps and some pass plays. Between the tackles they really struggled..

Yea I don't know.  IMO Paris struggled with discipline, I think they had more penalty yards than hazard had offensive yards. Their QB also looked like he was out of touch on a hand full of busted plays. I don't think Paris is anywhere close to Raceland or Pikeville from what I saw but I went to the game to check out the hype and a blind man could see that Paris absolutely dominated the trenches.  2 of their touchdowns were 30 plus yard runs through A gap so to say they struggled through the middle would be the opposite of what I saw. KHSAA has them for around 300 yards, I would say 200 came through A and B gap. On the defensive side, Hazard had 3 big plays other than that I'm not sure they had a first down and Paris' front 7 dominated the game.  

I don't know if it says more about Paris or less about Hazard but Hazard's line didn't look like a normal Hazard line, there was no real size other than their right tackle and they didn't appear to be very strong. 1a is down like normal.  There will be 5-6 teams dominate their schedule just like always and when they roll into Pikeville and Raceland they will be shellshocked.