Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paris 22 Hazard 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats to Paris!!!

How many people said paris could do this before the season started!!
Congratulations to Paris bac Hazard has some work to do
This firmly puts Paris as the number #3 team in single A, and I'd put Hazard at #5.
(09-01-2023, 11:46 PM)bball_fan Wrote: [ -> ]This firmly puts Paris as the number #3 team in single A, and I'd put Hazard at #5.
Win against horrid frankfort team, paintsville has looked very bad this year, and this is the worst hazard team in decades. But still paris over hazard is huge for the program just off the names. But your statement is so far off mate sorry. Paris may squeak in top ten.
What’s going on with the bull dogs this season??????
(09-01-2023, 11:49 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2023, 11:46 PM)bball_fan Wrote: [ -> ]This firmly puts Paris as the number #3 team in single A, and I'd put Hazard at #5.
Win against horrid frankfort team, paintsville has looked very bad this year, and this is the worst hazard team in decades. But still paris over hazard is huge for the program just off the names. But your statement is so far off mate sorry. Paris may squeak in top ten.

Who is your top ten? KCD isn't doing anything special. Newport Cath doesn't look scary at all. Hazard barely beat Harlan County and Middlesboro only beat them by a touchdown. Who else is there that can compete? Please don't say Bethlehem, they've played no one. Russellville has not won a game. Neither has Pineville and Sayre is playing scrubs. Who is better than Paris right now?

1.Pikeville
2.Raceland
3.Paris
4.Middlesboro
5.Hazard
Campbellsville is third in 1A in my mind. Paris is probably 5 behind New Cath for me.
(09-01-2023, 11:56 PM)bball_fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Who is your top ten? KCD isn't doing anything special. Newport Cath doesn't look scary at all. Hazard barely beat Harlan County and Middlesboro only beat them by a touchdown. Who else is there that can compete? Please don't say Bethlehem, they've played no one. Russellville has not won a game. Neither has Pineville and Sayre is playing scrubs. Who is better than Paris right now?

1.Pikeville
2.Raceland
3.Paris
4.Middlesboro
5.Hazard
KCD just beat Desales. Definitely taking NCC over paris. Russellville has played one of the best teams in 3A and 4A. Harlan county would beat hazard if not for the loss of their best player and probably second best offensive player in southeast kentucky, but he played against middlesboro and kept it close. Middlesboro on offense needs to improve but still taking them over paris by multiple scores. so 
1 pikeville 
2 raceland 
3 NCC
3b KCD
5 Russellville 
6 middlesboro 
7 Paris 

Which is still unbelievable for paris. No way in HE double hockey sticks is hazard top ten in this class. By the end of the year people will see this team may have already won its only game of the year.
(09-02-2023, 12:20 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2023, 11:56 PM)bball_fan Wrote: [ -> ]

1.Pikeville
2.Raceland
3.Paris
4.Middlesboro
5.Hazard
KCD just beat Desales. Definitely taking NCC over paris. Russellville has played one of the best teams in 3A and 4A. Harlan county would beat hazard if not for the loss of their best player and probably second best offensive player in southeast kentucky, but he played against middlesboro and kept it close. Middlesboro on offense needs to improve but still taking them over paris by multiple scores. so 
1 pikeville 
2 raceland 
3 NCC
3b KCD
5 Russellville 
6 middlesboro 
7 Paris 

Which is still unbelievable for paris. No way in HE double hockey sticks is hazard top ten in this class. By the end of the year people will see this team may have already won its only game of the year.

The same DeSales school that went winless last season? DeSales is not the same DeSales from 3 years ago. And Russellville played tough with who, because when you say best teams in 3A, Belfry, Lex Cath, CAL and Central are all that matters. 4A is Boyle, Corbin, Cov Cath and no one else. Campbellsville might be top 5, but they have not played anyone you can really call a measuring stick. Hazard might be down, but they are still a measuring stick. In reality though, anyone beating Pikeville or Raceland to make it to Kroger Field???
I went over to see what the fuss was about. A couple of notes here:

Surprising Paris dominated the trenches on both sides.
Paris is an athletic team but there were no real crazy athletes.
I think outside of a couple of plays Paris had more penalty yards than hazard did offensive yards.
Paris' D was stout and their running game was surprisingly good between the tackles.
Paris had 3 touchdowns called back.
Hazard was not the normal Hazard.

Are they Pikeville good? No.
Are they Raceland good? Maybe.
With this win, Paris has got me interested in their game with Rock next week. That could be an interesting game.

Sorry, I was getting ahead of myself. The Paris and Rock game in two weeks.
Congrats Paris. I didn’t get to watch it listen but this is a good win for Paris whether Hazard is down or not. Hazard is gonna have to get their offense going. Defense isn’t to bad considering they’re on the field a lot.

Hazard isn’t a top 3 team this season, but last year yes, but not this year. They are however a top 10 team. But the team u need to be watching is Sayre. There schedule may be what gets them beat later in the playoffs but they should go 10-0 for the regular season.
It's great to see Paris on the rise, but I still figure Pikeville and Raceland are way ahead of everyone else in class A.
I agree that Pikeville and Raceland are the best two teams in Class A and that it is a very large gap to everybody else. But people are sleeping hard on Campbellsville. They’ve outscored their opponents 125-6 in the first three games they’ve played this year. They are easily top 4 in Class A in my book.
Bulldogs seem to be missing amis as the play caller. Avg. 8 a game right now.
(09-02-2023, 02:05 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]It's great to see Paris on the rise, but I still figure Pikeville and Raceland are way ahead of everyone else in class A.
We will get a chance to see what Paris really has in a month in the district game with Raceland. I don’t think they are quite there yet to be able to to compete with the Rams but they are making progress compared to where used to be.
Congratulations Paris!!!
(09-02-2023, 09:08 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2023, 02:05 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]It's great to see Paris on the rise, but I still figure Pikeville and Raceland are way ahead of everyone else in class A.
We will get a chance to see what Paris really has in a month in the district game with Raceland. I don’t think they are quite there yet to be able to to compete with the Rams but they are making progress compared to where used to be.

I agree.
Has anyone actually been to watch hazard. I refuse to say they are top ten in this class. The line has one decent player and the rest gets beat up week after week. The running game is a problem. The passing game has some positives, but the positives get eliminated by turnovers. So they beat a 0-3 HC team at home in controversy by a bad call by ref on the should be game winning 2pt conversion, and lost to a martin county who hasn’t won since. Here’s at least 10 teams in random order in 1A im taking over hazard

Pikeville, Raceland, Russellville, KCD, NCC, cambellsville, Middlesboro, Pineville, Williamsburg, paris, Sayre. Idk much about anyone else.
(09-02-2023, 10:07 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2023, 09:08 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree.
With Raceland we will get to see on the field how a lot of the teams on the margin in Class A measure up in the next few weeks.  The Rams will be have a Class A playoff schedule with Pikeville, Hazard, NCC, and Paris all within a month of each other.
Paris is looking good but let’s not get ahead of ourselves and say they’re top 3 just yet

If you want to know what hazard is missing this season, it’s Max Johnson. Athletes like that can’t be replaced
Class A has been and always will be very weak. The past four years have proven the teams from the east were light years ahead of the teams out west. A down Hazard team might be on par with some of the teams out west. Maybe I am wrong, but I would have to see ten teams in class A that are better than Hazard. As for Paris, maybe they are not top three but they have done something almost no one else in single has done, beat two traditional Single A powers. Given, Paintsville is a far cry from what they once were. Hazard beating a 5A school, not a power 5A school, looks better than teams like Sayre who have played the bottom half of their class.
I can't believe how bad Hazard is this year.

comical.
(09-02-2023, 02:47 AM)KColley Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that Pikeville and Raceland are the best two teams in Class A and that it is a very large gap to everybody else. But people are sleeping hard on Campbellsville. They’ve outscored their opponents 125-6 in the first three games they’ve played this year. They are easily top 4 in Class A in my book.

I agree. Pikeville and Raceland are ahead of everyone else, but Campbellsville maybe at #3. They are very athletic, good speed, with decent size. I would expect them to make a pretty good run in the playoffs barring they can escape the injury bug.
(09-02-2023, 07:00 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2023, 02:47 AM)KColley Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that Pikeville and Raceland are the best two teams in Class A and that it is a very large gap to everybody else. But people are sleeping hard on Campbellsville. They’ve outscored their opponents 125-6 in the first three games they’ve played this year. They are easily top 4 in Class A in my book.

I agree.  Pikeville and Raceland are ahead of everyone else, but Campbellsville maybe at #3.  They are very athletic, good speed, with decent size.  I would expect them to make a pretty good run in the playoffs barring they can escape the injury bug.
I’ll happily eat my crow if I’m wrong but I truly believe NCC is good enough to come to Raceland and leave with a win in a few weeks.  That’s a game that Raceland should win on paper but it is also one where an upset is possible.
Paris has done good things for their program and are 3-0 and deserve all the credit but let’s be honest they can’t even compete with Pikeville. I doubt they even win this Friday against Montgomery County but you will find out more about them either this Friday against Montgomery or when they host Rock in two weeks.
(09-02-2023, 07:00 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree. Pikeville and Raceland are ahead of everyone else, but Campbellsville maybe at #3. They are very athletic, good speed, with decent size. I would expect them to make a pretty good run in the playoffs barring they can escape the injury bug.

I also believe that Campbellsville is 3 above New Cath. Great QB who is only a sophomore, good blend of talent across all classes too. Beating Casey County 35-6 is a fairly impressive win.
I think a lot of schools aren’t that good this year. Be cause the vid reclassification years have played out and other teams have finally caught up. Paris is pretty good. Maybe a 8/7. Hazard had a bunch of boneheaded personal foul penalties on 4th downs. Paris relied on the speed, sweeps and some pass plays. Between the tackles they really struggled..
Paris NFHS feed sucks. It moved back n foward.. they need to fix that. Was hoping to go back n watch some but absolutely impossible.
Pages: 1 2