Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
77.27%
Lexington Catholic
22.73%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corbin vs Lexington Catholic 9/1
(08-29-2023, 09:48 PM)Lucas Wrote: Pride goeth before a fall - and I am seeing a heap of premature pride being expressed here. 4A is not a 2-team race this season.
Premature pride? Where show me? Most of the Corbin fans on here I see know how this season is gonna turn out. So please quote this pride? Are you talking about people saying we’re gonna win? Haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-30-2023, 08:19 PM)Iggyfan Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 07:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 07:55 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 10:18 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 02:03 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: With a very weak distract they are in doesn’t really make since to play a 3a and 1a school and a below avg out of state team ha

I would talk... Go back and play call against those little mediocre 1A schools on your own schedule...  Big Grin

I was unaware that I had a schedule

If you ain’t the. Get up with me and we will go hit a few. Mr. Golf Man.

Playing golf and paying for moon pies. Sounds like a big week for you.

I got your moon pie, I’ll see you in Lexington.  Smile If you don’t show I’m eating it. I’m not much on golf other than riding in the cart.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Iggyfan
(08-30-2023, 08:23 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 09:48 PM)Lucas Wrote: Pride goeth before a fall - and I am seeing a heap of premature pride being expressed here. 4A is not a 2-team race this season.
Premature pride? Where show me? Most of the Corbin fans on here I see know how this season is gonna turn out. So please quote this pride? Are you talking about people saying we’re gonna win? Haha
Based on what I have observed, most Corbin fans expect their team to play a rematch with Boyle County in the 4A state finals and don't give anybody else much of a chance of stopping that rematch taking place. Granted, I also see many Corbin supporters worrying that Haddix will find a way to win another title. I don't have a dog in the hunt, but to me, 4A seems loaded this season, and nothing will really surprise me - even a Paducah Tilghman state title.
(08-30-2023, 10:29 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 08:23 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
Based on what I have observed, most Corbin fans expect their team to play a rematch with Boyle County in the 4A state finals and don't give anybody else much of a chance of stopping that rematch taking place. Granted, I also see many Corbin supporters worrying that Haddix will find a way to win another title. I don't have a dog in the hunt, but to me, 4A seems loaded this season, and nothing will really surprise me - even a Paducah Tilghman state title.

[Image: https://media2.giphy.com/media/l0IyoB4Zj....webp&ct=g]
  • Lucas
(08-30-2023, 10:11 AM)Lucas Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 02:03 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: With a very weak distract they are in doesn’t really make since to play a 3a and 1a school and a below avg out of state team ha
It's definitely a weak schedule for a 4A powerhouse team. Boyle County and Covington Catholic both have much better schedules to prepare them for the playoffs, although all three teams are big fish in tiny ponds as far as district play is concerned.

(08-30-2023, 10:09 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 06:33 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 06:31 PM)64SUR Wrote: ^^. Guy Bailey 1 receiveing catches for 58yds & for Touchdown not a bad night
I thought he was a running back. Two carries for a game, even at 10+ ypc has to be a lighter load than he expected. Am I wrong?

If I had transferred for my senior season, I would expect to be one of the focal points of the offense - especially after bringing the Smith twins with me. Cool
Tommy’s favorite quote “ it’s not about me it’s about the C…
Star players don't transfer to sacrifice personal glory for a new team. They are drawn to the spotlight.
Couldn’t sound any better if it was spoken from the GreerEnd himself. Lip service at its finest..There’s only so much spotlight to go around so check your bulbs frequently as in the GreerEnd there can only be ONE.
Corbin can play Trinity the week before Playoffs. They have a opening.
(08-31-2023, 11:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin can play Trinity the week before Playoffs. They have a opening.

Call Super Dave and suggest it.  Let me know what he says.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • HighViz
(08-31-2023, 01:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 11:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin can play Trinity the week before Playoffs. They have a opening.

Call Super Dave and suggest it.  Let me know what he says.

Smile No danger in that game happening.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, HighViz
I don't think it's a two team race but I do think it's a 3 team race. I don't think there's a chance that any 4A team aside from Boyle, CovCath and Corbin win this year. I just do not believe that Franklin Co., Ashland, Paducah Tilghman, or even Johnson Central can make it to Kroger field this year. There are several on this site who do, but I do not. But I've been wrong many times.
[-] The following 5 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert, KnoxvillesFinest, nemo
(08-31-2023, 09:32 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I don't think it's a two team race but I do think it's a 3 team race.  I don't think there's a chance that any 4A team aside from Boyle, CovCath and Corbin win this year.  I just do not believe that Franklin Co., Ashland, Paducah Tilghman, or even Johnson Central can make it to Kroger field this year.  There are several on this site who do, but I do not.  But I've been wrong many times.

I think its a one team race..  everyone chasing Corbin.  

X2 4 star guys on d only team in ky with that
(08-31-2023, 09:32 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I don't think it's a two team race but I do think it's a 3 team race.  I don't think there's a chance that any 4A team aside from Boyle, CovCath and Corbin win this year.  I just do not believe that Franklin Co., Ashland, Paducah Tilghman, or even Johnson Central can make it to Kroger field this year.  There are several on this site who do, but I do not.  But I've been wrong many times.
I’ll agree with you in a sense. It might be a 3 team race but here’s the teams

Boyle
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Corbin
^
^
^
^
Cov cath
  • Bull got out!
(08-31-2023, 09:59 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:

I know you’re trying to funny and facetious, but boyle has 4 D1 players on the field. Several others have 2, 3, and on. LCA had 3 on O.
  • Hatz
(08-31-2023, 11:26 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Boyle
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Corbin
^
^
^
^
Cov cath

How many points between #1 and #2?   Between #2 and #3 ?   Are we selling Uncle Tom a bit short , here.  He is a defensive savant, you know? Remember when he shut Boyle out in round 4?  He might shut them out again.
(08-31-2023, 11:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Boyle
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Corbin
^
^
^
^
Cov cath

How many points between #1 and #2?   Between #2 and #3 ?   Are we selling Uncle Tom a bit short , here.  He is a defensive savant, you know? Remember when he shut Boyle out in round 4?  He might shut them out again.

He won’t shut this Boyle team down. If he does, I’ll shave my head.
(08-31-2023, 11:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Boyle
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Corbin
^
^
^
^
Cov cath

He won’t shut this Boyle team down. If he does, I’ll shave my head.

And I'll shave my other head.  So, Bull, you and Hound are putting a big gap between Boyle and Corbin. How big of a gap we talking about? 2 tds ? 4tds?  less?
(08-31-2023, 11:31 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

I know you’re trying to funny and facetious, but boyle has 4 D1 players on the field. Several others have 2, 3, and on. LCA had 3 on O.

Name another team in KY that has x2 4 stars guys on D (include the lville/FD teams) .  I'll wait.  Big difference in "D1 players" and actual 4 stars. Boyle has one 3 star and what else ? non ranked

Outside of the twins Corbin has zero D1 players 

Everyone might  claim, " oh ratings don't mean anything".  Yeah, they ( r i v a l s )  paying someone 100k+ a year just to BS to evaluate the players.
Quissinberry, Brown, Dawson, and Bodner. All 4 can go 99 yards to the end zone with one wrong read, missed tackle, move by the defense.
Yea. They can rush up the middle and around 1 edge. Yea, they are great players. But Haddix isn’t putting the ball there. Even us Corbin people know that. There may be a handful here that don’t like him and hate the so called undisciplined team he fields. But they look pretty good with 3 trophies in 3 years. But that same handful of people are scared to death of him out-scheming a defense. That guy don’t sleep from July-December and the chip on his shoulder against rival teams would break your foot if it fell and landed on it.

He was like 7-0 against Bell, maybe more. I’ll have to go to the khsaa and verify. Mooning Wayne Mills, and No Handshake Dudley Hilton. He even Put ol dud in the bleachers singing the fight song in the 4th Qtr the last time he coached against him. I have a feeling he has the same plan for ol Tom Turkey, Clown Cox, Not so Burley Foley, Hart, Tremaine and the rest of the old hound / Lifetime Redhound Varsity club members.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Hound05

Boyle
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Corbin
^
^
^
^
Cov cath

haha. I tried to make my illustration as accurate as I could.  Tried to make the gap substantial between 1 and 2. and a decent amount between 2 and 3, but not huge. To answer your question below, I'd say 2 TD's on a good day for us, more likely 15-18 point. I said before the season and after week one, SPEED will be our downfall, specifically in the secondary. Not playing the right personnel makes it even more apparent. Don't get me wrong, Boyle will have problems with some of our weapons just like they did LCA. But if our front 4 dont get them in time and allow them 2-3 seconds to pass, its gonna look like the road runner and coyote in the secondary. And just like Wile E., our "game plan" isn't gonna stop them. You have to throw something different at them on D. mix it up, and not just going from man to to a cover 3.. Watched Cov cath. they are a good team but I dont think from what I seen they are in contention for #2 team. again not far behind, but to me a measurable gap
  • Bull got out!
(09-01-2023, 07:36 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

Boyle
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Corbin
^
^
^
^
Cov cath

haha. I tried to make my illustration as accurate as I could.  Tried to make the gap substantial between 1 and 2. and a decent amount between 2 and 3, but not huge. To answer your question below, I'd say 2 TD's on a good day for us, more likely 15-18 point. I said before the season and after week one, SPEED will be our downfall, specifically in the secondary. Not playing the right personnel makes it even more apparent. Don't get me wrong, Boyle will have problems with some of our weapons just like they did LCA. But if our front 4 dont get them in time and allow them 2-3 seconds to pass, its gonna look like the road runner and coyote in the secondary. And just like Wile E., our "game plan" isn't gonna stop them. You have to throw something different at them on D. mix it up, and not just going from man to to a cover 3.. Watched Cov cath. they are a good team but I dont think from what I seen they are in contention for #2 team. again not far behind, but to me a measurable gap

[Image: https://media.tenor.co/images/d78b999de0...5250e9/raw]
(08-31-2023, 11:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin can play Trinity the week before Playoffs. They have an opening.
That’s one game we will never get to see as Tommy ain’t picking up the phone to call trinity coach nor will he answer that call from trinity coach. Everybody be hollering North Hardin scared over not playing in Garrard County next day after storm delay that created a cancellation. I say Tommy scared of Trinity and everyone supports that fear. Play somebody already..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Hound05
(09-01-2023, 08:54 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 11:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin can play Trinity the week before Playoffs. They have an opening.
That’s one game we will never get to see as Tommy ain’t picking up the phone to call trinity coach nor will he answer that call from trinity coach. Everybody be hollering North Hardin scared over not playing in Garrard County next day after storm delay that created a cancellation. I say Tommy scared of Trinity and everyone supports that fear. Play somebody already..

Smile
(09-01-2023, 01:10 AM)AverageJoe Wrote:

Name another team in KY that has x2 4 stars guys on D (include the lville/FD teams) .  I'll wait.  Big difference in "D1 players" and actual 4 stars. Boyle has one 3 star and what else ? non ranked

Everyone might  claim, " oh ratings don't mean anything".  Yeah, they ( r i v a l s )  paying someone 100k+ a year just to BS to evaluate the players.
Oh so now we’re just going on the defensive side. Well again, boyle starts 3 D1 probably 4 on D and O. Heck Freddy d has 4 in the top 20 from Kentucky. North Hardin has 2!! And those stars are never wrong. Hell what was Randal Cobb? Matt Elam turned out great for KY as a 5*. The list of wrong evaluations goes on. Now I do think the smith twins are legit. True D1 talent. But it takes 11 on the field, and someone with history of finishing the job running it, not a 10 win coach who sabotaged 2 seasons for his friends kid then wants to come out and say he plays for Corbin.  Maybe a few in Corbin. Look at the first thing our ex coach did when he moved. Started playing his athletes both ways. But Tommy couldn’t stand for that. And still don’t. Play your best kids for the spot. Not just one spot because your friends kid plays the other one. And play to their strengths and adjust accordingly to them. His philosophy is no different than a 5”6 250 kid saying I’m playing QB and that’s it! But depending on the last name, he might consider it.
You’re right about every bit of it. But I wouldn’t play Trinity that late in the season. More to lose than gain To me. But it t wouldn’t happen in week 1 currently. We gotta play hazard (no offense) because that will surely help us in the long run.
  • Bull got out!
(09-01-2023, 09:18 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
You’re right about every bit of it. But I wouldn’t play Trinity that late in the season. More to lose than gain To me. But it t wouldn’t happen in week 1 currently. We gotta play hazard (no offense) because that will surely help us in the long run.

You know how much "tradition" means to the old timers that have there nose up the Greer end.  They love the scheduling of games that remind them of the good ol' days. In its 100 year history, Corbin has played Hazard  more than any other school, aside from probably, Bell County.
There are teams that may have more D1 but I don't think there are any players that translate to the major D1 level more than the twins. I was skeptical about the hype when they moved here but after watching them, they just seem to be on a different level when it comes to talent. Boley will be very good and is close to a lock as they get but these two are FAR AND AWAY the best players in the state.
(09-01-2023, 09:15 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

Oh so now we’re just going on the defensive side. Well again, boyle starts 3 D1 probably 4 on D and O. Heck Freddy d has 4 in the top 20 from Kentucky. North Hardin has 2!! And those stars are never wrong. Hell what was Randal Cobb? Matt Elam turned out great for KY as a 5*. The list of wrong evaluations goes on. Now I do think the smith twins are legit. True D1 talent. But it takes 11 on the field, and someone with history of finishing the job running it, not a 10 win coach who sabotaged 2 seasons for his friends kid then wants to come out and say he plays for Corbin.  Maybe a few in Corbin. Look at the first thing our ex coach did when he moved. Started playing his athletes both ways. But Tommy couldn’t stand for that. And still don’t. Play your best kids for the spot. Not just one spot because your friends kid plays the other one. And play to their strengths and adjust accordingly to them. His philosophy is no different than a 5”6 250 kid saying I’m playing QB and that’s it! But depending on the last name, he might consider it.

Offense sells tickets. DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS! 

Still yet to hear any other examples of teams in the state with x2 4 star guys on d.  The examples you used of Elam was how he did at the next level, not in high school.   D1 offer from EKU isn’t the same as Power 5. Come on now. 

2025 class in Ky has zero 4 star recruits. 

Corbin doesn’t have to play kids both ways.  

You think any coach wants to plays kids both ways?  Only option they have. If a coach had a choice, a Qb wouldn’t be playing defense.
(09-01-2023, 11:04 AM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 09:59 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: I think its a one team race..  everyone chasing Corbin.  

Still yet to hear any other examples of teams in the state with x2 4 star guys on d.  The examples you used of Elam was how he did at the next level, not in high school.   D1 offer from EKU isn’t the same as Power 5. Come on now. 

You think any coach wants to plays kids both ways?  Only option they have. If a coach had a choice, a Qb wouldn’t be playing defense.

Funny you say that, when Corbin played a QB the entire 2021 season on Defense being Seth Mills who happened to go both ways. He was a QB at Whitley who transferred back to Corbin. Did it help Corbin, NO. Why, they don't adjust on defense. Just because you play a player both ways doesn't mean it will be affective. You have to put the right kids who will make the difference. 

Now, I'll tell any Corbin fans who don't know yet. When you see Quisenberry and Brown this year, You will say Boyle Count has 2 5 star recruits. Don't say I didn't tell you before the season started either. I have never witnessed anything like it. 

Any Championship team will play the best players both ways. Fact.
(09-01-2023, 12:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 11:31 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I know you’re trying to funny and facetious, but boyle has 4 D1 players on the field. Several others have 2, 3, and on. LCA had 3 on O.

Funny you say that, when Corbin played a QB the entire 2021 season on Defense being Seth Mills who happened to go both ways. He was a QB at Whitley who transferred back to Corbin. Did it help Corbin, NO. Why, they don't adjust on defense. Just because you play a player both ways doesn't mean it will be affective. You have to put the right kids who will make the difference. 

Now, I'll tell any Corbin fans who don't know yet. When you see Quisenberry and Brown this year, You will say Boyle Count has 2 5 star recruits. Don't say I didn't tell you before the season started either. I have never witnessed anything like it. 

Wasn’t that the coaches son?  Taught school at Corbin while coaching him at Whitley then back to Corbin? Something like that. 

Who does the Corbin people want to play both ways.  Want the twins to play pulling guards as well 6’4” 250 ? 

I feel like Corbin fans on here want to see the team/coach/administration fail than succeed.
I would like to see the best effort personally. Simple as that.
  • AverageJoe
(08-28-2023, 09:44 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 12:24 PM)64SUR Wrote: My way of thinking this could be a running clock

Corbin 56
Lexington Catholic 10
^^
Pay attentions to my prediction ^^

Redhounds are coming

In my opinion, your prediction is ludicrous. Having said that, I hope you are spot on, If Corbin beats Lex Cath,  by 46 points in their home yard, I will start to feel much better about the Hounds chances for a state trophy. After reading Bull and Hound05 thoughts on our chances against Boyle, I have scheduled an appt. with my therapist next week.   Lex Cath,  also known as Notorious CIG(Cheaters in Games), are typically pretty tough in their private playpen. I look for a closer game than 46 , but I hope you are right.

(09-01-2023, 12:21 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 12:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 01:10 AM)AverageJoe Wrote: Name another team in KY that has x2 4 stars guys on D (include the lville/FD teams) .  I'll wait.  Big difference in "D1 players" and actual 4 stars. Boyle has one 3 star and what else ? non ranked

Wasn’t that the coaches son?  Taught school at Corbin while coaching him at Whitley then back to Corbin? Something like that. 

Who does the Corbin people want to play both ways.  Want the twins to play pulling guards as well 6’4” 250 ? 

I feel like Corbin fans on here want to see the team/coach/administration fail than succeed.
Not saying that I agree with you(because I don't) but I think the feeling around town is just what you said.