Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central vs Belfry 9/1
That’s an interesting take.

I think Belfry has an identity problem which, may, or may not, be related to leadership.

They have pieces that don’t match what a traditional Belfry team is.

This game is a hard call. Belfry looks better athletically across the board than Johnson County.

Johnson County looks better up front than Belfry on both sides.

Can either one stop the other?

Belfry 37-33
also related to a previous reply i oppose the idea that its up to a senior to provide leadership... top to bottom theres plenty of kids who are returning starters... it doesnt have to be a senior or seniors... that doesnt excuse them but
No running clock???
Johnson Central- 34
Belfry- 18
This one will be ugly by halftime....

Eagles roll
I have tons of respect for both programs, but respect doesn’t win games. Eagles big
This game could be much closer than most people expect, depending which Johnson Central players are healthy enough to play and I won't be shocked if Belfry eeks out a win. 

JC struggled with Madison Central in the 2nd half after their top RB left with an injury. Pikeville shut out JC in the 2nd half after losing its #2 and #3 RBs in addition to McCoart. Is JC really good enough to hammer the Pirates on the road without their three top RBs? I am skeptical. If JC has all of its backfield back, then they will roll. If not, they could struggle to score, which means more possessions for Belfry.
Johnson Central 38-16
I think this will be closer than most expect. Belfry will be playing pissed off, and Johnson Central is coming off a tough emotional loss to Pikeville. I think Johnson Central is the better, more physical team, but Haywood will have his team fired up and ready to play. Johnson Central wins 28-21.
Sounds like the whole backfield for JC is out so it’s hard to predict. Belfry doesn’t have the traditional pieces in the backfield that beat fit the wing option, questions and doubts arose for me when they even fathomed lining up in the spread at breathitt, meaning they question the situation themselves. JC by 2 scores in a battle of the trench’s.
Any word on what the help was that is supposedly coming lol
Belfry wins due to being more healthy at this point. Isnt JC down to there 3rd string RB?
(08-29-2023, 03:15 PM)Lucas Wrote: This game could be much closer than most people expect, depending which Johnson Central players are healthy enough to play and I won't be shocked if Belfry eeks out a win. 

JC struggled with Madison Central in the 2nd half after their top RB left with an injury. Pikeville shut out JC in the 2nd half after losing its #2 and #3 RBs in addition to McCoart. Is JC really good enough to hammer the Pirates on the road without their three top RBs? I am skeptical. If JC has all of its backfield back, then they will roll. If not, they could struggle to score, which means more possessions for Belfry.

This post is a hoot to read.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-01-2023, 10:58 AM)Westside Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 03:15 PM)Lucas Wrote: This game could be much closer than most people expect, depending which Johnson Central players are healthy enough to play and I won't be shocked if Belfry eeks out a win. 

Do you disagree? Belfry has a history of upsetting healthy teams at home. Why would anybody think that they are not capable of beating Johnson Central at home?
(09-01-2023, 11:03 AM)Lucas Wrote:

Do you disagree? Belfry has a history of upsetting healthy teams at home. Why would anybody think that they are not capable of beating Johnson Central at home?

I just think Central is out of their league.
Pirates by 2 scores!!

This Johnson Central team is just hurt at the moment. Very good football team and still a top 4 team in the state when Healthy. Belfry can pull upsets, but Johnson Central is just had a slow start. That don't fool me, I know how good they are and can be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Diogenes
What radio station has the call for this game
(09-01-2023, 12:27 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

This Johnson Central team is just hurt at the moment. Very good football team and still a top 4 team in the state when Healthy. Belfry can pull upsets, but Johnson Central is just had a slow start. That don't fool me, I know how good they are and can be.
Mediocre at best Smile
A lot of these predictions in this thread aren’t aging well.
Belfry putting a smackdown on Johnson Central. I don't know what's more surprising: how good Belfry has looked especially on defense or how bad Johnson Central has looked all around
for years its been like watching college teams when these two teams square up..... seeing a 5'5 running back go crazy is weird
I thought help would be on the way next week for belfry…….I was a week off
It’s still early but with this performance from JC I would say Ashland has a very good shot at winning that 4A district this year.
this belfry offensive line looks like a unit that the coaching staff put through the ringer all week... some of these holes max dotson could run through
Score?
(09-01-2023, 10:28 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Score?
41-14 8:36 to go
This is a real nail- biter.
well now, suppose a lot of folks didnt see that coming..