Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
31.03%
Pikeville
68.97%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Johnson Central vs Pikeville 8/26
johnson central 28-21
Johnson central 42
Pikeville 21
(08-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Pikeville wins this one convincingly. Central Football is done and will never be again where it was a few years ago.
I understand why a Paintsville fan would say that. JC schools have lost 12-15 elementary aged athletes to Paintsville recently. I haven’t heard of that happening in decades and don’t understand it. Coach Peck is a great guy and is doing a fantastic job.
(08-21-2023, 08:09 AM)Woodshed Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 12:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Pikeville wins this one convincingly. Central Football is done and will never be again where it was a few years ago.

You got that right, RF.
Just like I said, JC AINT GOING NOWHERE !

They are going down hill.
I guess we will see. I'm not gonna get on here and down Pikeville because they are an awesome football team, those kids and coaches have worked hard and it shows. But JC is also an outstanding football team, those kids have went through some tough times the last couple years but they are still here. JC ain't going anywhere.
Pikeville has a tough challenge ahead of them from size and depth, but I would be VERY surprised if this isn't a tight game. If Pikeville continues to utilize an efficient short/intermediate passing game I think they will sustain success against JC all night at keeping the chains moving.

I think the score will be lower than most are expecting because both teams will eat the clock up with long drives while also limiting big plays.

Would not be the least bit surprised to see Pikeville win this game, but I will take Johnson Central 21-14.
[-] The following 2 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty, Woodshed
Some people are beginning to think what Ralph Furley said out loud: This might not be your daddy's Johnson Central football program. I'm not going to say it because they still might come out and put 500+ rushing yards up on someone and I don't want it to be this week lol.

BUT there have been cracks in the armor. Losing by multiple scores to Corbin and Ironton, losing a shocker to NL, barely getting by Letcher by 1 at home, Madison Central taking them to the last minute at home...

It can be argued that JC didn't beat a good team last year - Belfry had weakest team in ages and got blown out by Ashland by 41 in the playoffs, Letcher lost 49-0 to Corbin in playoffs, rest of the teams they beat were mediocre at very best.

I'm not making a prediction on this game. Either team could win and nobody should be shocked. Pikeville's offense very good but we will have to see if the defense can stand up to the withering rushing attack of JC. Win over Pulaski was good but a passing team with a freshman RB (albeit a good one) isn't what they will have to deal with this week. Some new, very young faces on the Pikeville defense.They will be great but it will be a process.

Should be a great game and PCB will be a fantastic atmosphere. Pikeville and Pike Co., Prestonsburg and Floyd Co., Johnson Co. and Paintsville will all be in the same stadium on the same night. Hope the world doesn't blow up lol...

Should be a great game.
[-] The following 6 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, BoondockSaint, Bull got out!, Hound05, Humpty Dumpty, Westside
I totally agree with you Jet!!

I totally agree with you Jet !!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodshed's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-21-2023, 11:52 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Some people are beginning to think what Ralph Furley said out loud: This might not be your daddy's Johnson Central football program. I'm not going to say it because they still might come out and put 500+ rushing yards up on someone and I don't want it to be this week lol.

BUT there have been cracks in the armor. Losing by multiple scores to Corbin and Ironton, losing a shocker to NL, barely getting by Letcher by 1 at home, Madison Central taking them to the last minute at home...

It can be argued that JC didn't beat a good team last year - Belfry had weakest team in ages and got blown out by Ashland by 41 in the playoffs, Letcher lost 49-0 to Corbin in playoffs, rest of the teams they beat were mediocre at very best.

I'm not making a prediction on this game. Either team could win and nobody should be shocked. Pikeville's offense very good but we will have to see if the defense can stand up to the withering rushing attack of JC. Win over Pulaski was good but a passing team with a freshman RB (albeit a good one) isn't what they will have to deal with this week. Some new, very young faces on the Pikeville defense.They will be great but it will be a process.

Should be a great game and PCB will be a fantastic atmosphere. Pikeville and Pike Co., Prestonsburg and Floyd Co., Johnson Co. and Paintsville will all be in the same stadium on the same night. Hope the world doesn't blow up lol...

Should be a great game.
Very well said jp. One thing is for certain, better get there very early for this one. Parking space, seating, and standing room around the fence will tough. Panthers win though 21 - 14.

Very well said jp. Better get there very early for this one. Parking spaces, seating, standing room only around the fence, all will be tough. Panthers win though 21 - 14.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(08-21-2023, 10:29 AM)Lloyd Christmas Wrote:
I understand why a Paintsville fan would say that. JC schools have lost 12-15 elementary aged athletes to Paintsville recently. I haven’t heard of that happening in decades and don’t understand it. Coach Peck is a great guy and is doing a fantastic job.
The truth is Paintsville can't compete with larger 1A schools without a few good out of district players because of their small enrollment numbers. I don't blame less talented players transferring to Paintsville to get more playing time. Hopefully, JC will continue to keep the best players in their district in black and gold. uniforms.
Johnson Central is slowly falling off.
Let’s wait until next week to light a fire under them lol. JC should beat 1A Pikeville by 28.
(08-21-2023, 02:34 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Seeing pikeville first hand and looking at the JC score and their opponent, I’m gonna have to take the P. The panthers might not be able to completely shut down the eagles ground game, but I think they have enough weapons aroind them to win comfortably. But JC is like a bad wife. They just eat at ya and eat at ya until you do something stupid then take advantage of it. If it’s that type of ball game Jc might pull it out. Score early and often against them so their slow pace don’t eat up momentum

Big Grin

(08-21-2023, 01:08 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
The truth is Paintsville can't compete with larger 1A schools without a few good out of district players because of their small enrollment numbers. I don't blame less talented players transferring to Paintsville to get more playing time. Hopefully, JC will continue to keep the best players in their district in black and gold. uniforms.

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...w&usqp=CAU]

Class snobbery is alive and well.

Pikeville names the score in this one!!!
i am new to this but i have heard johnson central best rusher mCcourt is not playing and conley is questionable. make it much tougher for the eagles.
Paintsville actually got some of the better talented kids in youth sports in Johnson county surprisingly.
(08-21-2023, 03:02 PM)Lloyd Christmas Wrote:
Paintsville actually got some of the better talented kids in youth sports in Johnson county surprisingly.
You must’ve been talking to one of their daddies. If you had seen some of them play you wouldn’t have said that. One daddy has stated over and over to anyone that will listen that his kid is the next best thing at quarterback. There’s hard times ahead for Paintsville Football is all I have to say about it.

(08-21-2023, 02:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Let’s wait until next week to light a fire under them lol. JC should beat 1A Pikeville by 28.
Jet it’s a little bit to early in the week to drop the preemptive my school is smaller and will lose excuse. Pikeville will control the line of scrimmage and win the ball game. This isn’t the JC teams of the past.
(08-21-2023, 04:58 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 03:02 PM)Lloyd Christmas Wrote:
You must’ve been talking to one of their daddies. If you had seen some of them play you wouldn’t have said that. One daddy has stated over and over to anyone that will listen that his kid is the next best thing at quarterback. There’s hard times ahead for Paintsville Football is all I have to say about it.

(08-21-2023, 02:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Let’s wait until next week to light a fire under them lol. JC should beat 1A Pikeville by 28.
Jet it’s a little bit to early in the week to drop the preemptive my school is smaller and will lose excuse. Pikeville will control the line of scrimmage and win the ball game. This isn’t the JC teams of the past.
I don’t talk to or know any of their daddies,  I just know from watching those kids play sports in the past. I hope you’re one of the daddies that’s crying about them showing up so that those parents will realize they made a major mistake and need to bring them back. That’s going to happen sometime or another anyway. I’ve already heard the country club dads are mad their boys are losing their starting positions.
I hate to disappoint you haters but JC is not done yet, are they as good as they have been in the past? That remains to be seen but how do you judge a team that has played one game on the season? Because they have a sub par performance in their first game you say they are done ??
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodshed's post:
  • Lloyd Christmas
(08-21-2023, 06:12 PM)Woodshed Wrote: I hate to disappoint you haters but JC is not done yet, are they as good as they have been in the past? That remains to be seen but how do you judge a team that has played one game on the season? Because they have a sub par performance in their first game you say they are done ??
Paintsville fans shouldnt be trashing any programs! They destroyed their own program and are just cryin around and hoping it happens to JC. Thatss what the city boys get for hiring a coach with hardly any high school coaching experience over a guy from a darn  good program. Just because the man from that program told them guys he didn’t want to run a spread offense he wasn’t worthy of being the coach at “the Ville”. Real smart guys over there at the old country club! LMBO. I bet now they aint at the paintsville course as much they prob  be back on mountain in Prestonsburg more often.

“Ralph Girlie” talkin bout kids at his own school! Keep doing that, the quicker we get those players back the better off they will be
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lloyd Christmas's post:
  • Woodshed
(08-21-2023, 11:52 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Some people are beginning to think what Ralph Furley said out loud: This might not be your daddy's Johnson Central football program. I'm not going to say it because they still might come out and put 500+ rushing yards up on someone and I don't want it to be this week lol.

Should be a great game.

That’s as honest assessment as can be given about the state of the program at JC right now.  It is what it is, and let’s call it that way.  

The fact of the matter is EKY Football is better when Pikeville, Belfry, and Johnson Central are in contention each year. 2 of those have taken a step back for different reasons and that needs to be remedied.
(08-21-2023, 07:49 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote:

Should be a great game.

That’s as honest assessment as can be given about the state of the program at JC right now.  It is what it is, and let’s call it that way.  

The fact of the matter is EKY Football is better when Pikeville, Belfry, and Johnson Central are in contention each year. 2 of those have taken a step back for different reasons and that needs to be remedied.
 it can be argued Pikeville didn’t beat a good team last year. Both lost to corbin jc rushed for 100 more yards than pikeville and had over 100 receiving yards while pikeville had 60. I don’t think either of those games was to far out of reach.
(08-21-2023, 08:25 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 07:49 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote:

Should be a great game.

it can be argued Pikeville didn’t beat a good team last year. Both lost to corbin jc rushed for 100 more yards than pikeville and had over 100 receiving yards while pikeville had 60. I don’t think either of those games was to far out of reach.

LOL
I haven’t watched Pikeville in many years but it’s obvious to anyone with any sense at all that they have a phenomenal coaching staff. We’re young in our secondary and that makes this old man nervous for this ball game. I think JC wins because of our depth. It would be difficult for a small school to beat a 4A program the caliber JC. If we lose to pikeville I’ll be one of the first to congratulate pikeville fans on here and admit I was wrong.
I’ve seen Pikeville play multiple times, in person, every year. They remind me a lot of Johnson Central. Not in scheme, but in their size, approach, consistency, and “we been there” attitude. This will be a great game between two unreal programs. I’m standing strong behind my statement that Pikeville shows they are still quite ahead of the pack in 1A and one of the top teams in KY regardless of class.

Pikeville is not just “another class A school”. They are right up there where Beechwood and Mayfield were in their 1A runs. And that was playing the top teams in the state regardless of class.
(08-21-2023, 09:06 PM)Lloyd Christmas Wrote: I haven’t watched Pikeville in many years but it’s obvious to anyone with any sense at all that they have a phenomenal coaching staff. We’re young in our secondary and that makes this old man nervous for this ball game. I think JC wins because of our depth. It would be difficult for a small school to beat a 4A program the caliber JC. If we lose to pikeville I’ll be one of the first to congratulate pikeville fans on here and admit I was wrong.

Pikeville just beat a 5A program the caliber of Pulaski Co. by 22. Last year they beat a 2A team the caliber of LCA by 39, a 3A school the caliber of Belfry by 35, and a 6A school the caliber of Madison Central by 36.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Lloyd Christmas
(08-21-2023, 09:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 09:06 PM)Lloyd Christmas Wrote: I haven’t watched Pikeville in many years but it’s obvious to anyone with any sense at all that they have a phenomenal coaching staff. We’re young in our secondary and that makes this old man nervous for this ball game. I think JC wins because of our depth. It would be difficult for a small school to beat a 4A program the caliber JC. If we lose to pikeville I’ll be one of the first to congratulate pikeville fans on here and admit I was wrong.

Pikeville just beat a 5A program the caliber of Pulaski Co. by 22. Last year they beat a 2A team the caliber of LCA by 39, a 3A school the caliber of Belfry by 35, and a 6A school the caliber of Madison Central by 36.
 Pikevilles always had  a great program. That’s impressive. Thanks a lot now you got me even more nervous for the game. Lmbo
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lloyd Christmas's post:
  • jetpilot

You got that right, RF.
You and Ralph don’t have a clue what you are talking about.
You probably don’t want to completely bury the Johnson Central Football program just yet as there is still a lot of talent there.

I think it’s fair to say that last year was a disappointment for JC. It was also Coach Peck’s first year trying to step into the shoes of an all time great. I think he is still finding his feet and gaining experience.

This game is going to be a great test for both teams. If McCoart is out for JC it changes everything. His big play ability is critical to the offense. Hope we see him at 100% soon.
(08-21-2023, 09:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

“Belfry had weakest team in ages and got blown out by Ashland by 41 in the playoffs”  
(08-22-2023, 12:45 AM)Lloyd Christmas Wrote:

You got that right, RF.
You and Ralph don’t have a clue what you are talking about.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, dumb and dumbest.