Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
34.48%
Pikeville
65.52%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pulaski County vs Pikeville (Pigskin Classic) Cumberland College Field
(08-16-2023, 08:15 PM)KarnivalKat Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 08:08 PM)GVoR_58 Wrote: I think it was this year but not 100% sure actually.  Bell County and Knox is who I watched them go against.
You don’t know if the scrimmage was this year

Nope I wasn’t there. Just watched recordings on computer.
(08-16-2023, 08:15 PM)KarnivalKat Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 08:08 PM)GVoR_58 Wrote: I think it was this year but not 100% sure actually.  Bell County and Knox is who I watched them go against.
You don’t know if the scrimmage was this year

LOL!
(08-16-2023, 08:08 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: I think it was this year but not 100% sure actually.  Bell County and Knox is who I watched them go against.

Fried, Ain't ye, Clyde? Burnt plum out.
(08-16-2023, 10:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 08:08 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: I think it was this year but not 100% sure actually.  Bell County and Knox is who I watched them go against.

Fried, Ain't ye, Clyde? Burnt plum out.

No?  Just giving an opinion like everyone else does.  Pulaski scrimmaged Bell county then Knox Central and I didn’t think they looked very good in either. I was not there but watched the games on the computer someone sent to me. The reason I said I wasn’t for sure if it was this years games is because the dates were not on there and I know zero players on any of those teams. But I thought it was the correct film.  It could have been 2010 for all I knew.
Great opening week test for both squads. I honestly could see either team winning . Should be a heck of a game, Pikeville better be in great shape because I would have to think Pulaski has much more depth on both sides of the ball. Can’t believe football is finally back. With Pikeville’s first three games, this may be the one they better win because I got a feeling the next two are going to be even stiffer challenges. But Panther fans shouldn’t panic if by some chance the Panthers start 0-3. But in saying that , I’ll take the Panthers to win this one in a very close game. A score similiar to the Corbin/ Pikeville game last year.
I’ll go 28-24 Panthers.
Pikeville running clock mid way through the 3rd. Just that good!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School 18's post:
  • Fanatic42, Wildcat45
Pikeville is # 1 in the First Mountain Top 10 of the Season, while Pulaski Co checks in at #6. I believe that the people who seem to thing that Depth is gonna be an issue for Pikeville are in for a Rude awakening. The Panthers are very solid are very Position with quality depth behind them. I can't wait for tommow. Hail Panther.
[-] The following 2 users Like Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Wildcat45
(08-17-2023, 10:53 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville is # 1 in the First Mountain Top 10 of the Season, while Pulaski Co checks in at #6. I believe that the people who seem to thing that Depth is gonna be an issue for Pikeville are in for a Rude awakening. The Panthers are very solid are very Position with quality depth behind them. I can't wait for tommow. Hail Panther.

I think people are wishful thinking that Pikeville won't be dominant this season. There are maybe 2-3 teams who can compete with them in Class A.  Pikeville would be top 5 in 5A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wildcat45's post:
  • Fanatic42
(08-16-2023, 11:55 PM)Hi u Micro-Brew Wrote: Great opening week test for both squads. I honestly could see either team winning . Should be a heck of a game, Pikeville better be in great shape because I would have to think Pulaski has much more depth on both sides of the ball. Can’t believe football is finally back. With Pikeville’s first three games, this may be the one they better win because I got a feeling the next two are going to be even stiffer challenges. But Panther fans shouldn’t panic if by some chance the Panthers start 0-3. But in saying that , I’ll take the Panthers to win this one in a very close game. A score similiar to the Corbin/ Pikeville game last year.
I’ll go 28-24 Panthers.
Pulaski may be up tempo but doubt they’ll have the depth advantage too much - how many players does Pikeville dress? Pulaski not a big 5 A school numbers
(08-17-2023, 01:57 PM)KarnivalKat Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 11:55 PM)Hi u Micro-Brew Wrote: Great opening week test for both squads. I honestly could see either team winning . Should be a heck of a game, Pikeville better be in great shape because I would have to think Pulaski has much more depth on both sides of the ball. Can’t believe football is finally back. With Pikeville’s first three games, this may be the one they better win because I got a feeling the next two are going to be even stiffer challenges. But Panther fans shouldn’t panic if by some chance the Panthers start 0-3. But in saying that , I’ll take the Panthers to win this one in a very close game. A score similiar to the Corbin/ Pikeville game last year.
I’ll go 28-24 Panthers.
Pulaski may be up tempo but doubt they’ll have the depth advantage too much - how many players does Pikeville dress? Pulaski not a big 5 A school numbers

Pikeville 54 on roster, PC 52 now
Anyone know who new QB for Pulaski is this year and what expectations are at QB position?
Well I stand corrected, hadn’t even looked at Pulaski’s roster size. I was basing it on how fresh Corbin could stay last year in that opening game on both sides of the ball.
Corbin did a great job of rotating D Linemsn in and the backups were very solid players as well. I just assumed Pulaski being 5A would have pretty big numbers.
Either way it should be a great game, I’ll stand by saying Pikeville wins a close one.
(08-17-2023, 03:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Anyone know who new QB for Pulaski is this year and what expectations are at QB position?
Zak Anderson 10th  - good athlete - 6’3/4 - expect him to be just fine as season progress

Pulaski should have pretty good 9th great RB too Brock
[-] The following 1 user Likes KarnivalKat's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-17-2023, 10:50 PM)KarnivalKat Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 03:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Anyone know who new QB for Pulaski is this year and what expectations are at QB position?
Zak Anderson 10th  - good athlete - 6’3/4 - expect him to be just fine as season progress

Anderson is a Junior, not a Sophomore.
I hope Jetpilot brings me a huge sack of money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-17-2023, 11:18 AM)Wildcat45 Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 10:53 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville is # 1 in the First Mountain Top 10 of the Season, while Pulaski Co checks in at #6. I believe that the people who seem to thing that Depth is gonna be an issue for Pikeville are in for a Rude awakening. The Panthers are very solid are very Position with quality depth behind them. I can't wait for tommow. Hail Panther.

I think people are wishful thinking that Pikeville won't be dominant this season. There are maybe 2-3 teams who can compete with them in Class A.  Pikeville would be top 5 in 5A.

You're exaggerating.
What time is this game to start again?
Lost Pirates 35☠?
Pink Panthers 28??

Low scoring favors Pikeville
Shootout favors Pulaski

Coin flip Game
Rooting for Pikeville but this isn’t the “gimme” that a few pollsters think it is.  Pulaski is a solid, top tier EKY team, and I’d not be surprised to see them come away with a win.  

Turnovers will determine the outcome, I say that because the teams are so evenly matched.  

I’m forced to pick or I wouldn’t even post, that’s just ballsless, so I’m saying 27-21 Pikeville. 

I do think this one could go either way and no one should be surprised or disheartened.  Both are great programs and will be in the mix within their classes when it means the most.
Pikeville by as many as they damn well want.

Class snobs , sit back in that fancy office chair in that fancy office with the multiple big screen plasmas tuned to all of your big, snobby schools' games. And when it's all over , go out to your four-car garage, get in you gas-guzzling , Cadillac Escalade ESV and smooth ride your fat azz down to pick up your favorite dish from that posh Mediterranean restaurant down the street. All the while the small school Panthers will be loading up the bus back to Titleville, after having stomped a mudhole in the azzes of yet another big school with small trophy cases.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-18-2023, 12:25 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 10:50 PM)KarnivalKat Wrote:

Anderson is a Junior, not a Sophomore.
He’s a 10th grader
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!
(08-18-2023, 12:53 AM)bac2369 Wrote: What time is this game to start again?

5:30
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'm trying to decide to wear a Colonels shirt to the game, or just stay home and watch live stream.
(08-18-2023, 12:47 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

You're exaggerating.

Pikeville would be ranked 5th in 5A and 4th in 4A in Calpreps

http://calpreps.com/2023/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Wildcat45
(08-18-2023, 01:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

The Number 1 Team in the Mountains Boys!!!  Smile Go Pikeville!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot

You're exaggerating.

Name me 5 teams in 5A who you believe are better than are without doubt better than Pikeville.  I can see there may be a few more that you could make an argument who could beat Pikeville, but for what I said to be an exaggeration, there needs to be no doubt.  So, who are they?

(08-18-2023, 07:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I'm trying to decide to wear a Colonels shirt to the game, or just stay home and watch live stream.

Are you certain there is a video livestream?  I saw another guy said it was audio only.
(08-18-2023, 09:39 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 01:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

The Number 1 Team in the Mountains Boys!!!  Smile Go Pikeville!!!!
Number 1 until 7:30 tonight worst case scenario lol!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-18-2023, 09:41 AM)Wildcat45 Wrote:

You're exaggerating.

Name me 5 teams in 5A who you believe are better than are without doubt better than Pikeville.  I can see there may be a few more that you could make an argument who could beat Pikeville, but for what I said to be an exaggeration, there needs to be no doubt.  So, who are they?

(08-18-2023, 07:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I'm trying to decide to wear a Colonels shirt to the game, or just stay home and watch live stream.

Are you certain there is a video livestream?  I saw another guy said it was audio only.

Nothing is certain  in this crazy world. lol. it could be audio only as far as I know.
  • Wildcat45
(08-18-2023, 09:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

You're exaggerating.

Pikeville would be ranked 5th in 5A and 4th in 4A in Calpreps

http://calpreps.com/2023/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm

calpreps hind end. Pikeville can't even beat 4A Corbin Smile
  • jetpilot