Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
34.48%
Pikeville
65.52%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pulaski County vs Pikeville (Pigskin Classic) Cumberland College Field
Pulaski will mathup with Pikeville at the Pigskin Classic Friday on Cumberland College Field do to construction on Corbins new stadium. 

Thoughts?
I've got Pikeville 42 Pulaski County 14
I got Pikeville as well. Pikeville better come through lol.

Pikeville 35
Pulaski County 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Fanatic42
This should be a great game but I think that Pulaski wins but I will be pulling for the Panthers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-13-2023, 11:58 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: This should be a great game but I think that Pulaski wins but I will be pulling for the Panthers.

Just curious what's the reason why you believe Pulaski Co Wins the game ?
(08-13-2023, 12:44 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote:
(08-13-2023, 11:58 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: This should be a great game but I think that Pulaski wins but I will be pulling for the Panthers.

Pulaski has a good 5A program that usually defends the pass well. Pikeville lost a good portion of its offense from last season, including Birchfield and may rely more heavily on its passing game early in the season. Pulaski lost the most productive QB-WR duo in the state from last season but they have a deeper talent pool because of their huge enrollment advantage. Finally, Pikeville will be playing after a long road trip. These are two teams that will be replacing large chunks of their offense, and I believe that it is tougher for an inexperienced team to win on the road than at home. 

Pikeville lost to Corbin by 5 last season and Pulaski lost to Corbin by 3 and both teams will be starting a lot of new faces in key positions.

Why do you think that this is going to be an easy win for Pikeville?
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Nations Elite, Rip/Spin
Pulaski looked good in the scrimmage this week against knox but was neck and neck against bell and probably would lose that game if they played in season. Pikeville still has the incredible athletes to run over pulaski. PC couldn’t really stop the run against bell regardless if thomas had the ball or not. Also Bell hit 2-3 long balls in the varsity scrimmage, so i expect pikeville to win by 2 scores 35-20
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Fanatic42

I think Jetpilot termed it "class snobbery."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville will throw for 200+ yards and rush for 150+.

Pikeville 35-21.
(08-13-2023, 02:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Let's hear your prediction. Do you see Pikeville as a huge favorite against Pulaski, as Fanatic42 does? Or are you just hear to attack me for making such a fool of you in other forums?  Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Waitaminute
(08-13-2023, 02:16 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Let's hear your prediction. Do you see Pikeville as a huge favorite against Pulaski, as Fanatic42 does? Or are you just hear to attack me for making such a fool of you in other forums?  Cool

You are incapable of making a fool of anyone, Ramaswarmy!!!  lol   My guess is Pikeville will win by a few scores. Trump by about 4-5 TDs over DeSatan and Swamyramymommy combined!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
(08-13-2023, 02:21 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-13-2023, 02:16 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You are incapable of making a fool of anyone, Ramaswarmy!!!  lol   My guess is Pikeville will win by a few scores. Trump by about 4-5 TDs over DeSatan and Swamyramymommy combined!
Thanks, that makes me feel more confident about picking Pulaski in a close one.
pikeville is just too tough on offense for me to feel comfortable picking against pulaski even though i admittedly dont know much about them at this point
Pulaski by 14, they have more weapons and its early in the season, Pikeville will need more time to play better teams in the upper classes. Come 1A time, Pikeville will have it together.
hows the injury report looking in pikeville?
All you people picking Pulaski please bring a huge sack of money to the game.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Old School Hound, Westside
(08-13-2023, 02:15 PM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville will throw for 200+ yards and rush for 150+.

Pikeville 35-21.
I think it's the opposite. Pikeville will rush for 200 and throw for 150.
Same score 35-21. Pikeville will play good defense but Pulaski will hit a few big passes.
(08-13-2023, 03:13 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Pulaski by 14, they have more weapons and its early in the season, Pikeville will need more time to play better teams in the upper classes.  Come 1A time, Pikeville will have it together.

Pikeville has many more weapons than Pulaski.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
I’ll take Pikeville
I love picking 1A teams against the bigger teams. Go Pikeville!!!
[-] The following 5 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot, Old School Hound, Patriot1, rookie57
Pulaski and Pikeville will dress pretty close to the same amount of people. Pikeville probably dresses what? 50. PC what? 65?

The numbers aren’t dramatically different.

All things being equal, it’s a Home game for the Panthers. They’ll match up well.

I think a 35-20 type score in favors of Pikeville would be about right.
(08-13-2023, 04:26 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: Pulaski and Pikeville will dress pretty close to the same amount of people. Pikeville probably dresses what? 50. PC what? 65?

The numbers aren’t dramatically different.

All things being equal, it’s a Home game for the Panthers. They’ll match up well.

I think a 35-20 type score in favors of Pikeville would be about right.

Roster size:
Pikeville 54
Pulaski Co. 44
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Fanatic42
(08-13-2023, 04:16 PM)64SUR Wrote: I love picking 1A teams against the bigger teams.  Go Pikeville!!!
Well 64SUR picking Pikeville that’s scary but I am going with the Panthers too but this will be a true test for the 1st year starters on that offense line for Pikeville
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-13-2023, 04:39 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-13-2023, 04:16 PM)64SUR Wrote: I love picking 1A teams against the bigger teams.  Go Pikeville!!!
Well 64SUR picking Pikeville that’s scary but I am going with the Panthers too but this will be a true test for the 1st year starters on that offense line for Pikeville
What’s scary is my prediction to you last year at Corbin game. That you will be voting for pence for president. Lol!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Patriot1
I'll take my Panthers in a 38 - 21 victory. Kudos for taking on a 5-A school right out the gate after graduating a big chunk of its starters , but the dividends will be great come late November.
Pikeville 28
Pulaski Co. 24
Anyone know if it will be shown live or on somewhere?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • Fanatic42
(08-13-2023, 04:50 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(08-13-2023, 04:39 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
What’s scary is my prediction to you last year at Corbin game. That you will be voting for pence for president. Lol!!
Glad to hear from you 64 and that pick you made last year was 1 in a million shot but if you make that pick on pick contest that will be one you miss about who   I vote for I am voting for Biden because it’s been fun watching him try to get threw a sentence but I can’t say no more because the democrats maybe monitor rivals now and they will have FBI raid my house
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • 64SUR
Corbin and Pikeville are playing in Williamsburg next week? How many of you are coming to see me?
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Old School Hound
Panthers 35-21
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Fanatic42