Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County Montavin Quisenberry #1 Ranked Player in Kentucky 2024
(12-10-2023, 01:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 02:43 PM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 10:47 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 05:53 PM)back country Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 04:49 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Kid is really good, and seems to be a really nice person.  He does not have a power game... Wandale, and rondale moore could run over your face. Wandale played on a team with NO ONE ELSE.. but was better to me. Timmons was better at creating. But I would put him in their class for sure, as to who is best.. guess its personal preference.

You evidently didn't see the Boyle /Corbin game where Tavi carried one of the Smith twins#0 and another defender into the end zone for a TD after they had him in their grasp at the 5 yd. You are making comments about a player that you know very little about. I have watched him for two years now and saw Wandale play against Boyle in every ngame they played. Tavi at this point is as good as Wandale was as a senior. I agree he didn't have as much to back him up, but never ran over anyone from Boyle. He did have one good game, but Boyle still won the game by 2 or 3 scores. I don't pretend to know which is best or will be. I just know all three are very good. Who is Timmons?
Show me where he carried a twin. I missed it Smile
It's the touchdown from about the 10-`12 yard line. If you go to Boyle County Rebel FB page, it used to be in there highlights. It was #0 that couldn't bring him down then, nor on the long touchdown run. Even the 40 plus yard run to the right was right at both twins and they couldn't get him.

Yeah. I still wouldn't slight the twins. They can flat out play  some defense.

They are very good.
But I didn't see it as a "slight" to the twins.  Just an acknowledgement of how good Quisenberry is.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hatz's post:
  • 64SUR, Rebel55
(12-10-2023, 11:15 AM)Hatz Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 01:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 02:43 PM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 10:47 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 05:53 PM)back country Wrote: You evidently didn't see the Boyle /Corbin game where Tavi carried one of the Smith twins#0 and another defender into the end zone for a TD after they had him in their grasp at the 5 yd. You are making comments about a player that you know very little about. I have watched him for two years now and saw Wandale play against Boyle in every ngame they played. Tavi at this point is as good as Wandale was as a senior. I agree he didn't have as much to back him up, but never ran over anyone from Boyle. He did have one good game, but Boyle still won the game by 2 or 3 scores. I don't pretend to know which is best or will be. I just know all three are very good. Who is Timmons?
Show me where he carried a twin. I missed it Smile
It's the touchdown from about the 10-`12 yard line. If you go to Boyle County Rebel FB page, it used to be in there highlights. It was #0 that couldn't bring him down then, nor on the long touchdown run. Even the 40 plus yard run to the right was right at both twins and they couldn't get him.

Yeah. I still wouldn't slight the twins. They can flat out play  some defense.

They are very good.
But I didn't see it as a "slight" to the twins.  Just an acknowledgement of how good Quisenberry is.

We all know how good he is, but two kids can't defend the whole field. Right at both twins and they couldn't get him is definitely a slight. They probably couldn't even get me if I had several blockers in front of  me. I hope not anyway. lol
kid from PT is the only 4 ⭐️ in Ky class of 2025 via rivals (ahead of Quisenberry)
(12-11-2023, 01:58 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: kid from PT is the only 4 ⭐️ in Ky class of 2025 via rivals (ahead of Quisenberry)

First of all we need to be talking about the class of   2024. Evidently Rivals didn't send anyone to cover the PT/ Cov Cath game and the Boyle/ Cov Cath game. Then we need to bring up this discussion at the end of next season. To the best of my knowledge Rivals.  is not the only rating system for these kids. I do know that while Tavi was helping the Rebels blow out CC in the 4A State Championship the PT kid was home thinking about what might have been. I know that kid is good, but don't try to downgrade Quisenberry over some scouting service that means very little when it really matters.
[-] The following 2 users Like back country's post:
  • CC117, Jack Lambert
(12-11-2023, 03:38 PM)back country Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 01:58 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: kid from PT is the only 4 ⭐️ in Ky class of 2025 via rivals (ahead of Quisenberry)

First of all we need to be talking about the class of   2024. Evidently Rivals didn't send anyone to cover the PT/ Cov Cath game and the Boyle/ Cov Cath game. Then we need to bring up this discussion at the end of next season. To the best of my knowledge Rivals.  is not the only rating system for these kids. I do know that while Tavi was helping the Rebels blow out CC in the 4A State Championship the PT kid was home thinking about what might have been. I know that kid is good, but don't try to downgrade Quisenberry over some scouting service that means very little when it really matters.
I'm by no means "downgrading" anyone..   But Rivals is THEE recruiting ranking system/site.    Sure- others like ESPN, 247Sports, etc are in place.  But just wanted to say he isn't considered the #1 player in the state for his class much less this year, 2024.  I guess some people on here know more about analyzing players then people who do it for a living for the largest company. Not sure about the "very little when it really matters" comment? Schools want to recruit the highest ranking players and more "stars" ranking usually a positive correlation on the upside of the kid at the next level.      

My personal opinion- Yes, they will upgrade him to a 4 star and will jump the kid form PT for his class.  For this year- I have him #2 behind Cutter at LCA.  Best arm I've ever seen on a HS qb.  Makes 16 yard comebacks from other hash look easy.  Again- "more upside" for years to come.  By no means is that downgrading.  

Individual rankings are based on upside.  They pay the coaches 100-300k per year to develop the kids. P5 schools will take someone with size and speed to what they could/will become more than what they are now.   

To say the other kid was at home etc is nonsense.  Have to have 10 other people around him.  Team sport.  Come on.  

But hey what do I know.