Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region talk. Transfers, new coaches, whose gonna be the best?
Probably be other way around I’d imagine
(12-14-2023, 01:33 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Probably be other way around I’d imagine
I could see either way myself but I like combs arm strength a little more at short for my personal preference. Dixon, Mullins, and McAlarnis in the outfield would be something to see I think.
Ratliff has a lot of options.
Keith Combs not coaching at Hazard any more?
(12-14-2023, 07:38 PM)Diablo Wrote: Keith Combs not coaching at Hazard any more?
I’ve not heard anything different. According to khsaa site he’s still listed as head coach.
(12-14-2023, 09:23 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Ratliff has a lot of options.
He may have a lot of options but he still can't seem to win a game past Region. He has been loaded for several years but I guess he is satisfied with just those District and Region Titles. Maybe he should stop trying to pull all the talent to one team and instead look at playing a more challenging schedule to prepare the team for games at the State level.
Most retarded post I have ever read. You Dore33 are completely clueless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • barkgoesthecat
(12-22-2023, 01:27 PM)Diablo Wrote: Most retarded post I have ever read.  You Dore33 are completely clueless.
Such an intelligent response Diablo. I must have struck a nerve. You tell me a time in the last few years when he wasn't loaded and has done really nothing outside of the Region. His record was 30-6 last year and out of those 30 wins only 5 to 6 of those games were close, the rest were complete blowouts. All I am saying is stop worrying about the win-loss ratio and pick up more challenging games to push the talent you have so they could be more of a contender at State. I would love for them to win State but they are going to have to be pushed hard throughout regular season play in order for that to be a possibility.
(12-22-2023, 08:33 PM)Dore33 Wrote:
(12-22-2023, 01:27 PM)Diablo Wrote: Most retarded post I have ever read.  You Dore33 are completely clueless.
Such an intelligent response Diablo. I must have struck a nerve. You tell me a time in the last few years when he wasn't loaded and has done really nothing outside of the Region. His record was 30-6 last year and out of those 30 wins only 5 to 6 of those games were close, the rest were complete blowouts. All I am saying is stop worrying about the win-loss ratio and pick up more challenging games to push the talent you have so they could be more of a contender at State. I would love for them to win State but they are going to have to be pushed hard throughout regular season play in order for that to be a possibility.
Have you not looked at the schedule he’s put together for this year? He always plays good competition. Obviously the 54th district isn’t great but you have to play those regardless. Outside of those he always plays good teams. You’re clearly not an intelligent person or maybe an ex coach with some jealousy????
Who else could Perry play? Beat everyone in the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions last year. Can’t just up and jump on the bus and play Lexington and Louisville teams on school days. Hazard is about like a 3rd World country, far far away from any the competition you are talking about Dore33. Perry played some quality teams in Gatlinburg and the 2A state tournament. Faced the best pitcher in KY in the state tournament. Last years region championship is the first Perry had won in god only knows when. Sounds like someone is very very jelly to me.
I don’t know who you are dore33 but you’re clearly not very bright. I’ll just have to leave it at that.
Why did the Fields girl leave Perry and enroll back in Hazard? She would have had a lot of time in the circle at Perry with her speed and accuracy. 
Heard she got an NIL Deal with one of Hazards main supporters.
(01-11-2024, 09:49 AM)Diablo Wrote: Heard she got an NIL Deal with one of Hazards main supporters.
If what you are saying is true then kuddos to her but I don’t know if you are just saying that because I asked why she went back to Hazard. But if it is true I hope she does well with it and it helps her. She is tough in the circle and I was actually looking forward to watching her playing at Perry this year because she would add so much to the already talented team with her pitching ability. To be a softball coach and have her, Mullins, and Grisby as your go-to options for pitching would have been amazing for Perry but so rough for any opponent to compete against. I was disappointed to hear the rumor she had returned to Hazard but I hope she does well and I wish her nothing but the best.
Softball is such a different animal than baseball. I didn’t realize until I started umpiring several decades ago, but if you can develop one stud arm you can go from a very mediocre team to a very good team overnight. It also gives teams upset opportunities as well. I would to see baseball and softball go to a best of 3 series to decide championships.
[-] The following 2 users Like 14th Official's post:
  • Diablo, SoftballisBetter
(01-14-2024, 04:24 PM)Min 14th Official Wrote: Softball is such a different animal than baseball. I didn’t realize until I started umpiring several decades ago, but if you can develop one stud arm you can go from a very mediocre team to a very good team overnight. It also gives teams upset opportunities as well. I would to see baseball and softball go to a best of 3 series to decide championships.
You are absolutely right. In softball, if you have a pitcher that is truly a beast in the circle it can change the whole outcome of your season. I guess that is why everyone was going crazy that for the upcoming season, Bobby has Grisby who is his senior pitcher and not only does she have a lot of experience behind her but she does well in the circle, he also has Mullins who will only be a freshman but she saw a lot of circle time last year as an 8th grader and has proved herself as a talented pitcher, and then when he added Fields to the roster as an outstanding 8th grader who has the unbelievable speed for a player her age it made everyone feel like Perry would be untouchable which I still think they will be because they are loaded and busting out the seams with talent but it would have been awesome to see him have 3 pitchers that he could pull out of his tool belt to match up against whoever they are playing. Also, with Grigsby graduating and both Mullins and Fields very young that would have helped Perry in years to come. After this year I don't who else Perry will have besides Mullins. I am not sure if they have any other players that are coming up that is a pitcher. 

Bobby will still have a great season with the team he has and they will be fun to watch. I would love to see this group bring home a State Title!
(11-29-2023, 01:14 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 12:47 AM)WhistlingDixie Wrote: Yes, Estill did take a hard loss with Muncie graduating that kid is an athlete, but Tuttle and Friend's positions have qualified candidates waiting in line. As for the 2024 roster Newton is the only player left from Estill's (Winkle, Muncie, Johnson, Farmer, Hunter, West and Newton) original travel team that played together for years. If you look at Newtons stats she lead Estill more then anyone accept Muncie and was even a key hitter 2 years ago. Kid could stand to work on base speed but as for knowledge of the game you can talk to the her and realize she knows the game. She played well defensively at the 14th region showcase at Alice Lloyd, her hitting was rusty but that can easily be revived with some winter conditioning and a few days in the cage. She has the potential to play in college. So I say don't fully count Estill out, you might be surprised at the talent and knowledgeable players that are up and coming on top of the winter training that i'm sure Coach West has already started.

Estill get that transfer from Powell?

I think she’s staying at powell
Perry has a Fugate girl in the 8th grade that can sling it pretty well. There will be more than Mullins on the mound after this season according to my Perry sources. Bobby don’t F around. He always has a card up his sleeve.
Bobby Ratliff is a great coach, even better person. Perry Central is very lucky to have him at the helm of the program, to say the least.
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • DukeBoy
Bobby learned from the best, Rick Wooton.
Opening week approaching. Predictions on the Hazard- Perry game on Friday? Big district match up.
(03-09-2024, 11:37 PM)Cerberus Wrote: Opening week approaching. Predictions on the Hazard- Perry game on Friday? Big district match up.
Perry by a bunch. Bobby owns them and reminds everyone who the kingpin in the 14th region is early in the season.
Hear Fields is throwing fireballs right now and being clocked at 63/64. Be hard to hit that fire this early for the Dores. Perry 2 Hazard 0.
I keep hearing rumors that PCC star Shy Couch is transferring to Hazard soon. Big shakeup if true
(03-11-2024, 08:53 AM)Night Train Wrote: I keep hearing rumors that PCC star Shy Couch is transferring to Hazard soon. Big shakeup if true
Will be a big pickup for the dogs. Kid has some serious power. Don’t see her leaving commadoreland for the hazard drama roller coaster.
(03-11-2024, 06:39 PM)Cerberus Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 08:53 AM)Night Train Wrote: I keep hearing rumors that PCC star Shy Couch is transferring to Hazard soon. Big shakeup if true
Will be a big pickup for the dogs. Kid has some serious power. Don’t see her leaving commadoreland for the hazard drama roller coaster.
Wasn’t aware she even played softball
Heard that’s the reason she wanted to leave Perry land was because of all the drama that goes on there.
(03-11-2024, 11:55 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
Heard that’s the reason she wanted to leave Perry land was because of all the drama that goes on there.
Politics are crazy man
(03-12-2024, 12:02 AM)Cerberus Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 11:55 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
Politics are crazy man
A lot of that. Also a lot of mommy and daddy ball that goes on there too. Could be another reason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpaceMountain19's post:
  • DukeBoy
Got that right Space Mountain. I’d get the heck out of there and go play for those daddies up at Hazard. If I wasnt happy at Perry, I’d get out quick. Kids transfer every day.