Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region talk. Transfers, new coaches, whose gonna be the best?
Not heard a lot of talk since state tournament.  Perry, Letcher, Estill, and Wolfe still the top teams?
(06-22-2023, 10:47 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Not heard a lot of talk since state tournament.  Perry, Letcher, Estill, and Wolfe still the top teams?
With Perry’s returning lineup I’d think they should be the favorite but it’s a long ways off I know. Letcher loses some good senior leadership but still has a good pitching staff so I think they’ll do fairly well. Wolfe loses smith who was a game changer in my opinion so I think they’ll be down some. Hard to say about Estill or anyone else at this point. Any transfer rumors floating around that you know of?
Just heard Perry picked up Hazards stud 8th grader Ry Griffith, she hit close to .500 on the season. She will make Perry a lot better offensively and defensively. Got to be a big blow to the Lady Dawgs.
(06-22-2023, 08:15 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Just heard Perry picked up Hazards stud 8th grader Ry Griffith, she hit close to .500 on the season.  She will make Perry a lot better offensively and defensively.  Got to be a big blow to the Lady Dawgs.
If that’s the truth then you’re absolutely right. She’ll be a big help to them for sure. Definitely going to hurt the chances the lady dawgs may have had. I was in Walmart yesterday (and you know if you hear it in Walmart that it has to be a fact) that Mallory Combs is headed to north laurel. You heard any talk on this bulldog?
Not heard anything about Mal but she’d be a big time pickup for anyone. Is Coach Combs not coaching at Hazard next season?
(06-23-2023, 10:44 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Not heard anything about Mal but she’d be a big time pickup for anyone.  Is Coach Combs not coaching at Hazard next season?
I don’t have a clue. I’d think so. I’m sure that’s just a rumor that I heard yesterday. You know how that stuff gets spread around.
Wow! That would be a huge get for NL and a major loss for the bulldogs. But, gotta love rumors. Hazard has come a long way in the past few years especially with Coach Combs at the helm. 14th region softball in general is better. Bobby obviously not gonna say no to a good player to come over to the commodores. I wouldn’t either. Hazard will only be young for so long, and then look out.

Wolfe will miss Smith.

Perry, Wolfe, Estill, Letcher, Hazard, and Knott I would think should all be good again with small to little losses to graduation.

Will be a great 2024 season.
Estill Wolfe and Letcher will all be solid teams next year but they all lose key players. Breathitt will have the potential to make some noise with Pennington in the circle and what she has around her. If it’s true about the Griffith girl going back to Perry they will be head and shoulders above the others in my opinion
[-] The following 1 user Likes HollerRat's post:
  • Smokescreen
(06-26-2023, 02:23 PM)HollerRat Wrote: Estill Wolfe and Letcher will all be solid teams next year but they all lose key players.  Breathitt will have the potential to make some noise with Pennington in the circle and what she has around her.  If it’s true about the Griffith girl going back to Perry they will be head and shoulders above the others in my opinion
Breathitt has the potential to play spoiler to anyone in the region that’s for sure. Griffith will definitely help the lady dores if that’s the case. Hazard has made a huge turnaround with the addition of the girls that transferred in. Estill will be solid I believe it definitely lost some good talent. Wolfe and letcher will be contenders I do believe no doubt.

(06-25-2023, 09:52 PM)Lowdown Wrote: Wow!  That would be a huge get for NL and a major loss for the bulldogs. But, gotta love rumors. Hazard has come a long way in the past few years especially with Coach Combs at the helm. 14th region softball in general is better. Bobby obviously not gonna say no to a good player to come over to the commodores. I wouldn’t either. Hazard will only be young for so long, and then look out.

Wolfe will miss Smith.

Perry, Wolfe, Estill, Letcher, Hazard, and Knott I would think should all be good again with small to little losses to graduation.

If Griffith is leaving hazard with the talent and potential they’ve got going there, something must be wrong. 14th should be really competitive and fun I’ll agree with that?
Will Fields being going to Perry? Give Ratliff a 60mph pitcher, could be getting a ring order ready for next season. I only see those girls getting better next season. Will Mullins be moving to OF with Griffith coming to Perry? Could see Mullins patrolling CF with her speed.
(06-26-2023, 03:19 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Will Fields being going to Perry?  Give Ratliff a 60mph pitcher, could be getting a ring order ready for next season.  I only see those girls getting better next season.  Will Mullins be moving to OF with Griffith coming to Perry?  Could see Mullins patrolling CF with her speed.
That’s a good question. If Fields does head to Perry does that make them the clear cut favorite or is there a sleeper no one knows about. What’s your prediction bulldog?
Sleeper at the State Tournament maybe but I’m sure everyone knows who Perry is already since they played in the state tournament this year. You got to get out of the region first and if Perry gets out, they are more than capable of winning out at State. A 60 mph pitcher usually gets a few more Ks and lessens the chances for errors in the field. Perry’s pitcher pitched a great game at State but they had way too many errors. I’m sure they were nervous. With the experience of being there this season, I’m sure they will be more relaxed if they go again to state. Heard Ratliff has beefed up the schedule in order to help them out.
(06-26-2023, 02:44 PM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 02:23 PM)HollerRat Wrote: Estill Wolfe and Letcher will all be solid teams next year but they all lose key players.  Breathitt will have the potential to make some noise with Pennington in the circle and what she has around her.  If it’s true about the Griffith girl going back to Perry they will be head and shoulders above the others in my opinion
Breathitt has the potential to play spoiler to anyone in the region that’s for sure. Griffith will definitely help the lady dores if that’s the case. Hazard has made a huge turnaround with the addition of the girls that transferred in. Estill will be solid I believe it definitely lost some good talent. Wolfe and letcher will be contenders I do believe no doubt.

(06-25-2023, 09:52 PM)Lowdown Wrote: Wow!  That would be a huge get for NL and a major loss for the bulldogs. But, gotta love rumors. Hazard has come a long way in the past few years especially with Coach Combs at the helm. 14th region softball in general is better. Bobby obviously not gonna say no to a good player to come over to the commodores. I wouldn’t either. Hazard will only be young for so long, and then look out.

Wolfe will miss Smith.

If Griffith is leaving hazard with the talent and potential they’ve got going there, something must be wrong. 14th should be really competitive and fun I’ll agree with that?

Seems like hazard finished the year a few starters short from what they had during the season. I’ve always heard where there’s smoke there must be fire so something must be going on there.  

As far as other transfers I’ve heard Cundiff at Lee might be headed to Breathitt. That would give them another big bat and some relief for Pennington in the circle if Mike decides to give her a break 

Also heard Ella Napier at Powell might end up at Estill.  She might be young but is one of the better hitters around coming up
Big time player coming to Perry next year from what I’ve been hearing. More later to come.
(07-18-2023, 03:59 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Big time player coming to Perry next year from what I’ve been hearing.  More later to come.
Spill the beans
(07-18-2023, 08:47 PM)HollerRat Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 03:59 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Big time player coming to Perry next year from what I’ve been hearing.  More later to come.
Spill the beans

did Estill get the girl from Powell?
Griffith girl gonna be a big addition to the Commodores
Perry now has Griffith and Fields from Hazard.
Wolfe now has the pitcher from Jackson City, Noble
The Delong sisters from Johnson Central are moving to Perry after Xmas I’ve been hearing. They will be a BIG help. Bombs Away
Zero chance in hell the Delongs leave Johnsonville. Fake News
Perry is loaded
Hearing Bobby Ratliff is gonna be the next Morehead State softball coach. Thoughts?
Can’t see Ratliff leaving with his girls coming up unless he’d want them playing at Rowan County who has a fine program.
Yes, Estill did take a hard loss with Muncie graduating that kid is an athlete, but Tuttle and Friend's positions have qualified candidates waiting in line. As for the 2024 roster Newton is the only player left from Estill's (Winkle, Muncie, Johnson, Farmer, Hunter, West and Newton) original travel team that played together for years. If you look at Newtons stats she lead Estill more then anyone accept Muncie and was even a key hitter 2 years ago. Kid could stand to work on base speed but as for knowledge of the game you can talk to the her and realize she knows the game. She played well defensively at the 14th region showcase at Alice Lloyd, her hitting was rusty but that can easily be revived with some winter conditioning and a few days in the cage. She has the potential to play in college. So I say don't fully count Estill out, you might be surprised at the talent and knowledgeable players that are up and coming on top of the winter training that i'm sure Coach West has already started.
(11-29-2023, 12:47 AM)WhistlingDixie Wrote: Yes, Estill did take a hard loss with Muncie graduating that kid is an athlete, but Tuttle and Friend's positions have qualified candidates waiting in line. As for the 2024 roster Newton is the only player left from Estill's (Winkle, Muncie, Johnson, Farmer, Hunter, West and Newton) original travel team that played together for years. If you look at Newtons stats she lead Estill more then anyone accept Muncie and was even a key hitter 2 years ago. Kid could stand to work on base speed but as for knowledge of the game you can talk to the her and realize she knows the game. She played well defensively at the 14th region showcase at Alice Lloyd, her hitting was rusty but that can easily be revived with some winter conditioning and a few days in the cage. She has the potential to play in college. So I say don't fully count Estill out, you might be surprised at the talent and knowledgeable players that are up and coming on top of the winter training that i'm sure Coach West has already started.

Estill get that transfer from Powell?
I think she’s still at Powell
Been hearing Combs from Hazard is heading to PCC next semester.
(12-06-2023, 04:46 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Been hearing Combs from Hazard is heading to PCC next semester.
Well, Ratliff has picked up almost every other good player in the area. Wouldn’t think anything of it if it happened. I guess her dad wouldn’t coach anymore at Hazard. Mal would be an amazing pick up for any team.
If you build it, they will come.
(12-13-2023, 03:08 PM)Lowdown Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 04:46 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Been hearing Combs from Hazard is heading to PCC next semester.
Well, Ratliff has picked up almost every other good player in the area. Wouldn’t think anything of it if it happened. I guess her dad wouldn’t coach anymore at Hazard. Mal would be an amazing pick up for any team.
She’d definitely be a good help to an already loaded team. That would take Dixon from short and move her to the outfield and with her speed that would help the defense tremendously.