Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region for 2023/24
(05-23-2023, 12:25 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Owsley returns their whole team don’t they? I’d heard rumors that the Brown kid was headed to North Laurel.
Returns everyone. 

0% chance Brown leaves.
Owsley has added a 5’11 freshman center/forward from the 13th region. I saw her in a scrimmage in June. She will definitely be a big help to the upcoming team.
What’s her name and where she play at before Owsley? Saw Macy Brown a few days ago, wow she’s about 6’3 now. Owls gonna be a hard out for anyone they face.
(07-18-2023, 03:58 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: What’s her name and where she play at before Owsley?  Saw Macy Brown a few days ago, wow she’s about 6’3 now.  Owls gonna be a hard out for anyone they face.
Her name is Marcum and she was at South Laurel Middle School last year. Her mother is a graduate of Owsley County and played for the Lady Owls in the early 2000’s. She is very skilled for her age and from what I saw in a couple of their scrimmages will definitely see quite a bit of playing time this upcoming season. She worked very well in the games with Brown in high-low setups and pick and rolls. She’s a good rebounder and has a soft touch around the basket and anywhere in the paint area.
Preseason top 5 players
1. Caudill- Powell Co./ Smith- Owsley co
2. Gayheart- Knott co
3. McAlarmis -Perry co
4. Couch- Letcher
5. Terry- Owsley co
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wheels's post:
  • Wincity
(08-26-2023, 12:47 PM)Wheels Wrote: Preseason top 5 players
1. Caudill- Powell Co./ Smith- Owsley co
2. Gayheart- Knott co
3. McAlarmis -Perry co
4. Couch- Letcher
5. Terry- Owsley co
I agree with that too 5
thats a very good 6 player list. All could be in the top 3

i'd say Gayheart will be preseason #1 player

but any of those 6 could really be #1
Owsley could have 3 of the top 5 or 6 players in the region by seasons end. Smith , Terry and Brown
1. Knott
2. Owsley
3. Letcher
4. Perry
5. Estill

Player of the Year: Gayheart, Knott
(10-16-2023, 02:23 PM)The Weatherman Wrote: 1. Knott
2. Owsley
3. Letcher
4. Perry
5. Estill

Player of the Year:  Gayheart, Knott
Owsley is by far the best team in 14th region. Knott lost their 2nd best player in Fletcher. No way Gayheart can put up the numbers it would take to beat a team like Owsley. Owsley and Perry is the teams to beat in my opinion.
By far????? LMFAO. Says who? LCC, PCC, and KCC all can beat Owsley. Owsley is capable of beating any of them though but the By Far statement has made my day.
(10-18-2023, 04:04 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: By far?????  LMFAO.  Says who?  LCC, PCC, and KCC all can beat Owsley.  Owsley is capable of beating any of them though but the By Far statement has made my day.
lol Knott can’t beat them! LLC an Perry maybe
Who played in the State Tournament last year? Knott or Owsley?
(10-18-2023, 06:44 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Who played in the State Tournament last year?  Knott or Owsley?
Lol We not taking about last year. We talking about the upcoming season. We will see how season unfolds. I just don’t see Knott having enough, that’s just my opinion. It should be a very competitive season tho.
Gayheart been winning for as long as I can remember. Especially the big games.
(10-18-2023, 07:00 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Gayheart been winning for as long as I can remember.  Especially the big games.
She’s a really nice player! No question she is a winner. She is definitely a top 3 player in region