Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
clay county boys basketball coach informed them he wasnt coming back
(03-23-2023, 07:27 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: They’ve got one coming in
If anyone can get us back to the top it will be him! Hope it works out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FallRock's post:
  • BlackAndYellow
(03-23-2023, 08:13 PM)FallRock Wrote:
Very, very solid player.
well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What about Michael Jones? I figured his name would be in the mix
[-] The following 1 user Likes runthepill's post:
  • hchs fan
(03-23-2023, 09:17 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 08:13 PM)FallRock Wrote:
Very, very solid player.

Don't tell me Noah's boarding the ark once again for another summer fling.
It's all irrelevant. 13th region is a one and done on a state-wide level, only program currently in the area with any shot of making a state-wide impact in any sport is Corbin football, and even on a good night the Hounds are a several points behind Boyle.
Heard it through the grapevine from you know who, and "them" that the new coach would be bringing a couple players with him!
I'm not sure who (them and you know who) are, but I was told by a couple of sources pretty close to the program Brad Sizemore had it if he wants it. Is there any truth to that at all? Obviously I'm not in a loop, but just curious how 13th is going to look next year especially with KC job open also.
(03-23-2023, 11:12 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: It's all irrelevant.  13th region is a one and done on a state-wide level, only program currently in the area with any shot of making a state-wide impact in any sport is Corbin football, and even on a good night the Hounds are a several points behind Boyle.

I would agree with all that, for the most part. I think last year they were pretty much even with Boyle(except in the coaching department). Even with the wide disparity in coaching, Corbin was one wide open pass to its TE  from winning by a point.
(03-24-2023, 12:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 11:12 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: It's all irrelevant.  13th region is a one and done on a state-wide level, only program currently in the area with any shot of making a state-wide impact in any sport is Corbin football, and even on a good night the Hounds are a several points behind Boyle.

I would agree with all that, for the most part. I think last year they were pretty much even with Boyle(except in the coaching department). Even with the wide disparity in coaching, Corbin was one wide open pass to its TE  from winning by a point.

I had forgotten about that, 100% correct, you think that gap between CBN and Boyle is wider or closer now, I think the kid from Somerset is a huge pick up, kid runs downhill and is extremely athletic, may be others following him to Houndville.  

As far as the Clay Coaching Situation, whoever it is, will have about 6 people up the political ladder to satisfy, I don't expect anyone to be able to do much to put the Tiger BB program on the right track back, you got an old Panther holding the leash.
(03-24-2023, 01:43 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote:

I had forgotten about that, 100% correct, you think that gap between CBN and Boyle is wider or closer now, I think the kid from Somerset is a huge pick up, kid runs downhill and is extremely athletic, may be others following him to Houndville.  

As far as the Clay Coaching Situation, whoever it is, will have about 6 people up the political ladder to satisfy, I don't expect anyone to be able to do much to put the Tiger BB program on the right track back, you got an old Panther holding the leash.

I don't know if the gap is wider or closer.   I do know Corbin and Boyle were very, very close last season. Switch the coaches and Corbin beats Boyle. Unfortunately, there will be no switching coaches, so on that alone, I give Boyle the edge.

It seems local politics have done irreputable damage to both Corbin FB and Clay BB.  Really a damn shame.
Yet another thread has turned into a Corbin football one. Need to change the website to redhoundrivals . com
[-] The following 1 user Likes FallRock's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(03-24-2023, 03:28 PM)FallRock Wrote: Yet another thread has turned into a Corbin football one. Need to change the website to redhoundrivals . com
You ain't lying.
(03-24-2023, 03:28 PM)FallRock Wrote: Yet another thread has turned into a Corbin football one. Need to change the website to redhoundrivals . com
That's a splendid idea!!!!    It's Corbin - centric , for sure . Doesn't the sports universe revolve around Corbin? If not, it should.
(03-24-2023, 02:02 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 01:43 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote:

I don't know if the gap is wider or closer.   I do know Corbin and Boyle were very, very close last season. Switch the coaches and Corbin beats Boyle. Unfortunately, there will be no switching coaches, so on that alone, I give Boyle the edge.

It seems local politics have done irreputable damage to both Corbin FB and Clay BB.  Really a damn shame.
So many football programs around would be erecting statues and renaming Main Street if they'd have 1/2 the success Corbin has had, someone over there is making right decisions concerning sports, one year they won Football Region, Boys Basketball Region, Both Boys and Girls Soccer Region, Volleyball Region and probably a few I missed like swimming and golf.   You've got to give whoever his running the sports show in Corbin some credit, it's been a decade of victories, they have done an amazing job on a regional level, I believe it has been one of the most dominating sports programs, in the mountain across all sports.
(03-21-2023, 05:24 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: It’s on the front page of the Manchester Enterprise. It’s official.
And Gray owns the newspaper. That newspaper reporter has a good source……,himself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Bull got out!
It’s not that the players are behind, it’s called Greer is behind Haddix. Corbins offense did outstanding in championship game and the defense couldn’t get it done plain and simple fact!!
(03-26-2023, 03:48 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
It’s not that the players are behind, it’s called Greer is behind Haddix. Corbins offense did outstanding in championship game and the defense couldn’t get it done plain and simple fact!!

Offense did fine, other than the weird consecutive QB keepers.  Greer couldn't, or wouldn't make the necessary adjustments on defense. Switch out Greer for Haddix and Corbin wins that game handily!!!
any new information or news on the coaching search
Names churning in the search rumor mill, not ranked, probably hearing Jones more than the rest.
Brad Sizemore
Mike Jones
Tim Parks
Todd Messer
Richie Farmer
Shannon Hoskins
^
Brad Sizemore……would lose money at Clay that’s the bottom line.
Mike Jones……Knox Central is closer to home
Robert Marcum…..Call the man
Todd Messer…..Not sure if he is interested,
Shannon Hoskins……Nope

My 2 top candidate
Tim Parks & Jason Hibbard
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
The only way Clay returns to its former glory and dominance is if Keith is resurrected from the grave. Roll that stone away and pray for an Easter miracle, Clay fans.
(03-27-2023, 02:33 PM)64SUR Wrote: ^
Brad Sizemore……would lose money at Clay that’s the bottom line.
Mike Jones……Knox Central is closer to home
Robert Marcum…..Call the man
Todd Messer…..Not sure if he is interested,
Shannon Hoskins……Nope

My 2 top candidate
Tim Parks & Jason Hibbard

I knew I had forgotten someone....Snap.... Hibbard, Thank you Six For Sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spoozer12's post:
  • 64SUR
Down to TP and JD
who is JD
I’m gonna say Michael Jones gets this one
[-] The following 1 user Likes runthepill's post:
  • hchs fan
when the final deadline or whatever when this be announced or finalized

any new information or news on the coaching search
If they can’t do better than JD, TP, etc just go without a coach for 4-5 years( like the last 4-5) and save the money for a signing bonus for a decent hire. FRFR
(03-27-2023, 08:56 PM)hchs fan Wrote: who is JD
  Better be Jesus' Daddy because hat's the only way this crap show is getting turned around anytime soon.
I would like to see Richie get a shot at the job if he were interested in it. It would be good for him to give back, for the community to have him and for the kids to learn from a local legend. I don't care if he has coaching experience or lack there of but I just think it would be great for all involved.