Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
clay county boys basketball coach informed them he wasnt coming back
who be front runner for this job
(03-21-2023, 05:11 PM)hchs fan Wrote: who be front runner for this job

Is this true?
It’s on the front page of the Manchester Enterprise. It’s official.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • hchs fan
(03-21-2023, 05:17 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 05:11 PM)hchs fan Wrote: who be front runner for this job

Is this true?
it on manchester newspaper

who be front runner for this job

who be some names who may be interested
Keeping to myself!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, hchs fan
(03-21-2023, 05:54 PM)64SUR Wrote: Keeping to myself!!!
who going be in the running for clay boys job
Uh huh, there you've gone and done it, Clay whiners.   Ran off a damn good coach. Gray was on the verge of returning Clay to glory . Single digit win total for Clay in '23-24?
Seems there are rumors swirling of an incoming coach who may be bringing a couple players along with him. I’m not sure who or if there is any truth to it, anyone here have the inside scoop?
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • 64SUR
Only thing I have heard is Glenn is now full time golfer.
The early names for this one are Brad Sizemore, Todd Messer, Josh Hamlin and Jon Bentley.
(03-21-2023, 06:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Uh huh, there you've gone and done it, Clay whiners.   Ran off a damn good coach. Gray was on the verge of returning Clay to glory . Single digit win total for Clay in '23-24?
Nexts Coach already has 7 wins before season starts Jackson County 3 wins OBI 2 wins & Redbird 2 wins think about that Old School Hound. Lol!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Could a former player be in the mix????
Todd Messer is a former player.
If decision-makers will actually open up the search, there will be some quality candidates apply. Between the Tigers returning their entire team, adding some quality young players, and the potential of athletes returning HOME, the right person could have things in a good position again. I often saw people suggest that Clay didn’t have the athletes anymore with the typical assumptions of lack of jobs and other issues. When in reality, Clay County has enough players at surrounding schools to be a contender quickly if they were to return.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UKCC's post:
  • 64SUR
Richie Farmer. Somebody had to say it. Might as well be 'Ole Spooze.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spoozer12's post:
  • Explorer
Serious question, are convicted felons allowed to coach HS BB in KY? I would assume so...right?
Is Shannon Hoskins not a candidate?
(03-21-2023, 11:44 PM)runthepill Wrote: Is Shannon Hoskins not a candidate?

I would have thought Shannon would be right near the top of the list.  No.. ????
Perry or Clay the better job these days?
PCC is definitely a better job than Clay Co right now. Whoever gets the job has their work cut out for them because the program is at an all time low currently. But, if the BOE and Supe will get out of the way and set feelings aside, the RIGHT hire could have success pretty soon. Time will tell if the BOE wants a coach or a puppet.
Marcum was a good coach maybe he returns?
Lots of talk about Billy hicks making a return to coaching for a powerhouse program.
(03-21-2023, 06:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Uh huh, there you've gone and done it, Clay whiners.   Ran off a damn good coach. Gray was on the verge of returning Clay to glory . Single digit win total for Clay in '23
LOL......Gray was a real dandy of a coach....Your insight of qualities of a good coach is very low.  Gray had everything he needed while he was at Clay to win a regional tournament but struggled year in and year out just to get there and struggled to compete with top regional teams.  If you would like to make a friendly wager......I'd be willing to bet as much money as you would like that who ever takes over the coaching job next year at Clay will have more wins than Gray had this year.
(03-22-2023, 01:39 PM)cchsfan4life Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 06:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Uh huh, there you've gone and done it, Clay whiners.   Ran off a damn good coach. Gray was on the verge of returning Clay to glory . Single digit win total for Clay in '23
LOL......Gray was a real dandy of a coach....Your insight of qualities of a good coach is very low.  Gray had everything he needed while he was at Clay to win a regional tournament but struggled year in and year out just to get there and struggled to compete with top regional teams.  If you would like to make a friendly wager......I'd be willing to bet as much money as you would like that who ever takes over the coaching job next year at Clay will have more wins than Gray had this year.

Clay has everyone back. Gray would certainly have had more wins next season that he did this season. Probably 20+. Now, the program is in flux. Who knows what happens next season? Gray had a record of winning a lot of games against a lot of good coaches  and he seems to be a good citizen. Big loss for CCBB.

Why, oh why, does ol'OSH catch so much shade for supporting HOF-level coaches like Gray and Cal? When these twohave rosters of superior talent they can beat the best of coaches. Problem is, the last few years, their players have not been very good at ball.
Isn’t the Supe a Knox Co native? Are there any candidates from Knox Co that might be interested? Just a thought…
(03-22-2023, 12:45 PM)CC glory days Wrote: Lots of talk about Billy hicks making a return to coaching for a powerhouse program.

Billy is about 92 , isn't he ?  lol   The only thing Billy needs to be doing is doubling up on the Metamucil and Ensure. lol 

Also, Clay is about as far from a "powerhouse" program as one could be.
Brad Sizemore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MeLuckyCharms's post:
  • hchs fan
I have heard Sizemore and Patterson also. Marcum would be good, but bridges burnt. Todd Messer would be a good choice.

Good team coming up so it is hard to see Gray leave. Politics have anything to do with this?
[-] The following 1 user Likes four quarters's post:
  • Houndsmam1947
(03-23-2023, 05:23 PM)four quarters Wrote: I have heard Sizemore and Patterson also.  Marcum would be good, but bridges burnt.  Todd Messer would be a good choice.

Good team coming up so it is hard to see Gray leave.  Politics have anything to do with this?

Players will have to get a helluva lot better.  Didn't seem to be very good at ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 64SUR
They’ve got one coming in