Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should a team not let transfers play?
(03-11-2023, 01:01 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Dumbest thread yet

Wrong again RAMDAD50.  I have started a lot of threads much dumber than this one.
[-] The following 3 users Like Westside's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hoot Gibson, jetpilot
(03-12-2023, 02:40 PM)Westside Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 01:01 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Dumbest thread yet

Wrong again RAMDAD50.  I have started a lot of threads much dumber than this one.

LOL! Me too!
Johnson Central can’t say a thing about kids coming in. They move just as many in as the next team. Ask, Paintsville, Magoffin, and others. That’s what I find the funniest about your post Hooch. Just let it be, if you are going to point out this school for this, and this school for that.

At the end of the day, our consensus here is that kids shouldn’t be penalized. They should be able to go where they can improve theirselves and teams. Not everyone can win. But the kids should have the right to the opportunity to play or be on a winning team. Or. If not, start a movement within the team they are on to work as hard as wining teams do. Ol Jimmy and Joe have to want it. If you don’t have 22 jimmys and joes who want it, why waste your time?
(03-12-2023, 05:02 PM)HighViz Wrote: Johnson Central can’t say a thing about kids coming in.  They move just as many in as the next team.    Ask, Paintsville, Magoffin, and others.    That’s what I find the funniest about your post Hooch.    Just let it be, if you are going to point out this school for this, and this school for that. 

At the end of the day, our consensus here is that kids shouldn’t be penalized. They should be able to go where they can improve theirselves and teams.    Not everyone can win.  But the kids should have the right to the opportunity to play or be on a winning team.  Or.  If not, start a movement within the team they are on to work as hard as wining teams do. Ol Jimmy and Joe have to want it.  If you don’t have 22 jimmys and joes who want it, why waste your time?
Who singled out any schools? The rules should be changes to allow parents to send their kids to school anywhere they want. Until the rules are changed, the rules should be enforced to the full extent allowed by law. If you have a problem with punishing cheaters, then maybe you should steer clear of high school sports.
This is like watching a demolition derby, but all the participants are smashing into the wall instead of other cars.
(03-13-2023, 08:40 AM)plantmanky Wrote: This is like watching a demolition derby, but all the participants are smashing into the wall instead of other cars.

It’s always depressing on here this time of year, or just a depressing time of the year in general, then baseball starts and it gets even worse…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(03-12-2023, 12:01 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:38 PM)HighViz Wrote: I can’t keep from sayin this. 

Kids don’t come to Corbin to get recruited.  Only one getting courted is Tom.  Tom has shown what he does to college potential.

Corbin has become the place D1 talent comes to die… What this coaching staff done to several members of this Senior class was abhorrent.  No reason at all Brody Wells should not have been performing the way he did in the playoffs every game for the last 3 years and I wont even start on snubbing him from any post season awards etc…
Had Brody stayed at KC he would have owned every receiving record at KC along with a ton of other accolades. But like most that transfer in and drink the koolaide when that last game is over your senior year you take what was given such as EKU Scholarship and move on. All I hear is how much better a QB was than other one or this one don’t fit the narrative etc. Cam Combs should have been left at QB period. Brody Wells should have been playing receiver all three years as he had the best hands on the team. And the lineman who should have played both ways dates back to Greers first year as coach. Play your best 11 players not best 8 and throw in three to keep parents happy. Politics and agendas need to go away from Corbin Football. Had dinner with the wiseman yesterday and it was said change is a coming. Maybe that meant we break the 40 year curse.
(03-13-2023, 07:23 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 08:40 AM)plantmanky Wrote: This is like watching a demolition derby, but all the participants are smashing into the wall instead of other cars.

It’s always depressing on here this time of year, or just a depressing time of the year in general, then baseball starts and it gets even worse…

I'm depressed because my team doesn't recruit enough.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Playcaller66
(03-17-2023, 02:19 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(03-12-2023, 12:01 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:38 PM)HighViz Wrote: I can’t keep from sayin this. 

Kids don’t come to Corbin to get recruited.  Only one getting courted is Tom.  Tom has shown what he does to college potential.

Corbin has become the place D1 talent comes to die… What this coaching staff done to several members of this Senior class was abhorrent.  No reason at all Brody Wells should not have been performing the way he did in the playoffs every game for the last 3 years and I wont even start on snubbing him from any post season awards etc…
Had Brody stayed at KC he would have owned every receiving record at KC along with a ton of other accolades. But like most that transfer in and drink the koolaide when that last game is over your senior year you take what was given such as EKU Scholarship and move on. All I hear is how much better a QB was than other one or this one don’t fit the narrative etc. Cam Combs should have been left at QB period. Brody Wells should have been playing receiver all three years as he had the best hands on the team. And the lineman who should have played both ways dates back to Greers first year as coach. Play your best 11 players not best 8 and throw in three to keep parents happy. Politics and agendas need to go away from Corbin Football. Had dinner with the wiseman yesterday and it was said change is a coming. Maybe that meant we break the 40 year curse.
My school hasn't won a championship in 60 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
Sounds like someone is upset or jealous because they’re not getting any transfers ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-17-2023, 11:46 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Sounds like someone is upset or jealous because they’re not getting any transfers ?

I'm upset.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Jack Lambert