Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rockcastle County 2023
(07-07-2023, 02:37 PM)oldschool77 Wrote:
(07-05-2023, 06:28 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 09:37 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: When on earth did Rockcastle turn into this team of speed demons??
If you go back and read I was referring to Rockcastles opponents. But I'd be willing to put Issahia jackson in a foot race with almost anyone
Isaiah ran a 4.5 at UK, laser-timed reportedly. Christian, Caleb, and Carter Powell also well-placed in track this spring. I didn't see anyone in SE Ky ahead of Caleb Moore in the State meet? Pretty good speed in a lot of places. Line play will be the issue, not speed.
You’re exactly right if Rock can improve on the line the talent and speed is there. The biggest question mark for this team will be in the trenches. If they are able to fix that issue then look out Rock may be winning the district in year 2 of Larkey taking over. I know everyone from last year has been improving in the weight room and it’s been a point of emphasis and we do have a defense end that ended up moving back home from before who will be a big help in that area I’m sure he will play both ways.
Dead period almost over!!
Any info on where and who rock is scrimmaging and what 7 on 7 tournaments they in
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(07-10-2023, 02:02 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: Any info on where and who rock is scrimmaging and what 7 on 7 tournaments they in
Scrimmage is 8-11-23 since it’s meet the rockets I’m assuming it’s at home. It’s a 3 team scrimmage with Rock, Marion and Montgomery
7on7 at South Laurel tomorrow cost is $10

Next week of course is the 7 on 7 at EKU admission is free to that one
How's 7 on 7 going heard they was at Corbin tonight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(07-18-2023, 11:50 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: How's 7 on 7 going heard they was at Corbin tonight
Not sure how it went overall seen some video looked like we did good and competitive but not sure how we finished. I know we finished second at the SL behihd bell of course but we look the part so far. Good speed good hands an are completive all you can ask for in just 7on7 drills. Seen some good highlight catches we normally don’t make but are now should be a fun year i think.. maybe some one else who was there last night can add to that
I heard that Southwestern was also there along with Corbin I’m sure it was a good showing but those are two top 20 teams so yea
From what I heard Corbin scored at will, picked off lots of balls and dominated from start to finish. With that said, they are a top 4A team and that should not be a surprise to anyone. It also doesn’t take away anything from Rockcastle’s chances in 3A this year and playing teams like that will only make them more prepared for the competition they will see in season.
(07-20-2023, 10:29 PM)fansville Wrote: From what I heard Corbin scored at will, picked off lots of balls and dominated from start to finish. With that said, they are a top 4A team and that should not be a surprise to anyone. It also doesn’t take away anything from Rockcastle’s chances in 3A this year and playing teams like that will only make them more prepared for the competition they will see in season.
Yea that’s my point I mean it’s Corbin and Southwestern both top 20 in state one expected to compete for 4A title the other expected to compete for 5A title but always good to go against the best competition does nothing but make you better even if you don’t do as good as you wanted. Rock was at Somerset tonight and was hearing they did good their not sure who all was at that 7 on 7 tho
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmashMouth17's post:
  • fansville
Well.... Hows that defense looking. Is Warren going to play Defense? Haddix played his QB at linebacker 2 seasons ago in that championship run and he was a bruiser. Hows Johnson looking?
(07-25-2023, 06:41 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Well.... Hows that defense looking. Is Warren going to play Defense? Haddix played his QB at linebacker 2 seasons ago in that championship run and he was a bruiser. Hows Johnson looking?
Johnson is the freak name he earned lol but he will be playing both ways 50/50 rb with Larkey as well as linebacker he will be a great assist to the team. I doubt warren plays but one way qb an that it bc I look for our other qb to do both ways WR/Safety we have been looking good and can’t wait man the hype is real
  • Bull got out!
I’m an Austin Johnson fan! He is the real deal! I’d like to have 11 just like him.
I personally would put Warren on the defense At Safety because he is fast. That will come into play when those passing team’s matchup.
(07-25-2023, 07:31 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I personally would put Warren on the defense At Safety because he is fast. That will come into play when those passing team’s matchup.
Caleb isn’t slow tho he was on track team here at rock and good
  • Bull got out!
I honestly haven’t looked at Rockcastle enough to give a honest evaluation. But with all the transfers and all the players coming back, should be a good season. I will be watching this district. I want to see every game and how each team looks. I’m getting my popcorn ready now. I expect some good games.
There is alot of hype and excitement around this team this year at the Rock. I see it as you have great teams in the district with bell that has Thomas and you have knox with Partin great players might even would call them the type that could change the game But with rock you have Larkey Johnson Warren and Jackson those 4 players are just as capable of changing the game at any point along with a team with good players around them. This should be a fun team to watch offensive and we all know rock prides its self in stopping the run which is what bell and knox both do in run the football. Plays right into Rock strength it’s going to be fun year I called it now.

(07-25-2023, 08:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I honestly haven’t looked at Rockcastle enough to give a honest evaluation. But with all the transfers and all the players coming back, should be a good season. I will be watching this district. I want to see every game and how each team looks. I’m getting my popcorn ready now. I expect some good games.
We had a good nucleus coming back before any transfers as last year we lost qb 1 in Caleb in Wayne county game which was week 3  maybe 4 not sure but it was early that hurt us a lot didn’t get him back until last game of season. But with adding Tucker at the qb it changed us now we will be a team that passes more than running which we have larkey back who lead us in rushing like 1500 yards last season. But warrren is a qb who rushed for over 1000 last year at NL with over 2k passing and only 5 picks against a tougher schedule than this year at rock. Not to mention larkey played with warren for his first two years at nl as wr so he has chemistry there which larkey was normally wr anyways an not rb now he get to play at least 50 percent at wr. Larkey freshman year at NL they beat Bell and then NL lost to them last year without Larkey but warren scored all 5 TD so on paper we should have the advantage it’s going to be a good game I’m already excited lol
(07-25-2023, 09:40 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: There is alot of hype and excitement around this team this year at the Rock. I see it as you have great teams in the district with bell that has Thomas and you have knox with Partin great players might even would call them the type that could change the game But with rock you have Larkey Johnson Warren and Jackson those 4 players are just as capable of changing the game at any point along with a team with good players around them. This should be a fun team to watch offensive and we all know rock prides its self in stopping the run which is what bell and knox both do in run the football. Plays right into Rock strength it’s going to be fun year I called it now.

(07-25-2023, 08:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I honestly haven’t looked at Rockcastle enough to give a honest evaluation. But with all the transfers and all the players coming back, should be a good season. I will be watching this district. I want to see every game and how each team looks. I’m getting my popcorn ready now. I expect some good games.
We had a good nucleus coming back before any transfers as last year we lost qb 1 in Caleb in Wayne county game which was week 3  maybe 4 not sure but it was early that hurt us a lot didn’t get him back until last game of season. But with adding Tucker at the qb it changed us now we will be a team that passes more than running which we have larkey back who lead us in rushing like 1500 yards last season. But warrren is a qb who rushed for over 1000 last year at NL with over 2k passing and only 5 picks against a tougher schedule than this year at rock. Not to mention larkey played with warren for his first two years at nl as wr so he has chemistry there which larkey was normally wr anyways an not rb now he get to play at least 50 percent at wr. Larkey freshman year at NL they beat Bell and then NL lost to them last year without Larkey but warren scored all 5 TD so on paper we should have the advantage it’s going to be a good game I’m already excited lol

I know a little about that loss last year. North scheduled Boyle County and Johnson Central and when you play 2 warriors of a teams like that you are going to have injuries and from what I know at Bell, they had so many injuries but actually had a good game and had players out. Was making it up but a delay and penalties was too much to overcome. Not many teams will go into Bell and win if your not 2 tds better. I do think if Rock is healthy and has all hands on deck this district will close. Everyone is good. Everyone can win and everyone has a big time player or players. I thought I read where a lot of injuries was happening last year.
(07-25-2023, 10:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 09:40 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: There is alot of hype and excitement around this team this year at the Rock. I see it as you have great teams in the district with bell that has Thomas and you have knox with Partin great players might even would call them the type that could change the game But with rock you have Larkey Johnson Warren and Jackson those 4 players are just as capable of changing the game at any point along with a team with good players around them. This should be a fun team to watch offensive and we all know rock prides its self in stopping the run which is what bell and knox both do in run the football. Plays right into Rock strength it’s going to be fun year I called it now.

I know a little about that loss last year. North scheduled Boyle County and Johnson Central and when you play 2 warriors of a teams like that you are going to have injuries and from what I know at Bell, they had so many injuries but actually had a good game and had players out. Was making it up but a delay and penalties was too much to overcome. Not many teams will go into Bell and win if your not 2 tds better. I do think if Rock is healthy and has all hands on deck this district will close. Everyone is good. Everyone can win and everyone has a big time player or players. I thought I read where a lot of injuries was happening last year.

How's the line looking. Anyone have any insight on them. This was Rocks Weakness last year
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Judging rock at a 7on7 would be like judging a donkey at the Kentucky derby. They should be able to run the ball on most defenses they play.
Big Grin  Thats funny.
I heard Rockcastle had a earthquake hit a couple days ago in that area.......... any truth to that.
(07-27-2023, 09:41 PM)FallRock Wrote: Judging rock at a 7on7 would be like judging a donkey at the Kentucky derby. They should be able to run the ball on most defenses they play.
Except this years new offense isn’t primarily running anymore should be a fun offense to watch
We are only 21 days away from first game of the season! Let’s go Rock!

(07-28-2023, 10:30 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I heard Rockcastle had an earthquake hit a couple days ago in that area.......... any truth to that.
Lmao no earthquake here my friend more like a tsunami as we’re ready for the start of the season here haha
  • Bull got out!
I can’t wait. And the weather hopefully cooperates with Friday’s.. it’s hot.