Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking ahead: Class 1A 2023
(07-31-2023, 05:27 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 05:23 PM)HCS Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 12:17 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 09:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 02:52 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: keep sleeping on middlesboro thats what we want not saying we are on pikeville level but we are on 2 on down level pikeville can win 1-3 a state championships this year imo

I hope Middlesboro is as good as you say. Class A needs more good teams.
Don’t count Sayre out as Chad Pennington has his squad looking good. EKU 7 on 7 Sayre played very well against Lexington Catholic. Sayre can beat anyone in 1A but Pikeville.

Harlan ran all over Sayre last year in the first round of the playoffs. They will have to be a lot more physical.

That they did. But that Harlan doesn’t return and that’s last year.. Don’t sleep on Sayre

I'm just saying Sayre may be able to throw it all over the field, but they have to get a lot better defensively against the run.
Not really sure why so many are sleeping on Paris. The Hounds schedule looks like:

#12 A Frankfort
Paintsville - Who is always tough.
#8 A Hazard
Montgomery Co. - Larger Schools can give these smaller schools problems because of size, and depth
#11 3A Rockcastle Co.
Bishop Brossart - Former district foe. Will challenge for top 10-15 spot all season.
Nicholas Co. - Battle for a home playoff game. Will challenge for top 10-15 spot all season.
#2 A Raceland
Fairview
Ludlow

So the record could be deceiving for Coach Rice and crew but this is a very well put together bunch, with loads of talent. QB back, both RB back, on D their pass D is as good as anyone. They bring back one of the mopst versatile defenders in Class A in Cowan. Give me 7-3 for the Hounds, and a runner-up finish in the district.
Pikeville Panthers looking Nice in their Midnight Practice which just concluded not long ago. Hail Pikeville
https://fb.watch/m8qMBxRdsi/?mibextid=CDWPTG
[-] The following 2 users Like Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Nations Elite
(07-31-2023, 09:38 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: Not really sure why so many are sleeping on Paris. The Hounds schedule looks like:

#12 A Frankfort
#8 A Hazard
Montgomery Co. - Larger Schools can give these smaller schools problems because of size, and depth
#11 3A Rockcastle Co.
Bishop Brossart - Former district foe. Will challenge for top 10-15 spot all season.
Nicholas Co. - Battle for a home playoff game.  Will challenge for top 10-15 spot all season.
#2 A Raceland
Fairview
Ludlow

So the record could be deceiving for Coach Rice and crew but this is a very well put together bunch, with loads of talent. QB back, both RB back, on D their pass D is as good as anyone. They bring back one of the mopst versatile defenders in Class A in Cowan. Give me 7-3 for the Hounds, and a runner-up finish in the district.
I watched Pairs play Raceland last year and if they got 100 times better they are sill miles aways from competing
(08-01-2023, 04:18 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville Panthers looking Nice in their Midnight Practice which just concluded not long ago. Hail Pikeville 
https://fb.watch/m8qMBxRdsi/?mibextid=CDWPTG
Panthers looking good!  Thanks for posting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Fanatic42
Anyone know what time Pikeville/Breathitt scrimmage starts Friday?
(08-01-2023, 12:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Anyone know what time Pikeville/Breathitt scrimmage starts Friday?

Scheduled for 6:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-01-2023, 12:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Anyone know what time Pikeville/Breathitt scrimmage starts Friday?

Jet BluegrassSportsNation is gonna show it on there Facebook page as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-01-2023, 02:27 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:

where at
(07-31-2023, 09:38 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: Not really sure why so many are sleeping on Paris. The Hounds schedule looks like:

#12 A Frankfort
#8 A Hazard
#11 3A Rockcastle Co.
Nicholas Co. - Battle for a home playoff game.  Will challenge for top 10-15 spot all season.
#2 A Raceland
Fairview
Ludlow

They won’t compete against the good teams simply because of depth. They don’t have any. 25 players 7 of which are freshmen.
(08-01-2023, 02:27 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:

Thank you sir!
1- Pikeville
2- who cares?
(08-01-2023, 06:39 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

#12 A Frankfort
#8 A Hazard
#11 3A Rockcastle Co.
#2 A Raceland
Fairview
Ludlow

I watched Pairs play Raceland last year and if they got 100 times better they are sill miles aways from competing
I don't think anyone is saying they compete with Raceland or Pikeville but have the athletes to compete with most anyone else in Class A outside of those two.

Depth has always been a issue at Paris.
With this alignment, the power of the Class will always be in the east with the exception of a one or two year run like Russellville had. Pikeville will be the best team in the class again next year with Raceland and Hazard chasing. Paintsville and Williamsburg have fallen from where they once was but overall, both would be considered a top seven program.

As for Sayre, everyone keeps talking about them getting kids but there is some major issues for Sayre. One, their facilities are way outside of downtown, where as the school is the most downtown school in Lexington which makes practice a travel issue. Also, and something no one talks about on here, Sayre is one of, if not the most expensive school in the state to attend. Also, the state board of education got rid of districts last year which means anyone in Lexington can attend any school they way *cough*DOUGLAS*cough*
[-] The following 1 user Likes bball_fan's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-01-2023, 11:55 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:

#12 A Frankfort
#8 A Hazard
#11 3A Rockcastle Co.
#2 A Raceland
Fairview
Ludlow

They won’t compete against the good teams simply because of depth. They don’t have any. 25 players 7 of which are freshmen.
The Greyhounds had 42 players dressed on Friday night.  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Option Left's post:
  • Nations Elite
(08-01-2023, 06:39 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

#12 A Frankfort
#8 A Hazard
#11 3A Rockcastle Co.
#2 A Raceland
Fairview
Ludlow

I watched Paris this past weekend in the Paris, Bourbon and Newport scrimmage. To me Paris has yet to hit that weight room like Pineville told them to. All I seen was sweep left sweep right all scrimmage. Maybe two go routes and a run up the middle.. I just don’t think they have it to make a run…