Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Pikeville
Well crap...
Keep the RPI and these top 1A teams won’t find any games outside of 1A except for a few that will play anyone like the Corbin, Johnson Central, Befry and a few more that I didn’t mention but most won’t
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
Sure hate that the Louisville trip fell through. But to change gears here, is Pikeville becoming quarterback U of the mountains?
Just in recent years you had Wyatt Battaile who very well could’ve played college football had he not chose the basketball route instead. Then came along Connor Roberts, a little undersized but was a very very good dual threat high school quarterback that initially went on to play college football at Centre. Then came Isaac McNamee who had an absolutely phenomenal career setting almost every school record and is currently at D1 Murray St. Then you have current QB Isaac Duty who only went on to lead his team to a state title as a Sophomore while throwing 21 TD’s and only 1 Int all season which was in the very first game of the season against Corbin. Next you have Freshman to be JJ Reynolds who can flat out spin it. If that kid adds a couple inches he’s going to be elite. He has a great arm and is next level fast. I’m also hearing rumors of their junior high having a pretty good qb. Then you also have one of the assistant coaches kids who is very young but getting a ton of qb training at prominent camps across the country already. If he gets anywhere near his dads height, then he also will be a special talent. That’s one heck of a pipeline that has been occurring over a rather short period of time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-09-2023, 06:57 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Keep the RPI and these top 1A teams won’t find any games outside of 1A except for a few that will play anyone like the Corbin, Johnson Central, Befry and a few more that I didn’t mention but most won’t
I’ve gotta give Highlands credit for playing Raceland again this year cause they get nothing out of scheduling the Rams
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Patriot1
(05-10-2023, 02:47 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 06:57 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Keep the RPI and these top 1A teams won’t find any games outside of 1A except for a few that will play anyone like the Corbin, Johnson Central, Befry and a few more that I didn’t mention but most won’t
I’ve gotta give Highlands credit for playing Raceland again this year cause they get nothing out of scheduling the Rams

I know what you are saying, but they get a very competitive game against a quality opponent which helps them get better for a playoff run. That's what it's supposed to be about. Not all have sold out to the RPI...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Patriot1, RAMDAD50
(05-10-2023, 11:47 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Sure hate that the Louisville trip fell through. But to change gears here, is Pikeville becoming quarterback U of the mountains?
Just in recent years you had Wyatt Battaile who very well could’ve played college football had he not chose the basketball route instead. Then came along Connor Roberts, a little undersized but was a very very good dual threat high school quarterback that initially went on to play college football at Centre. Then came Isaac McNamee who had an absolutely phenomenal career setting almost every school record and is currently at D1 Murray St.  Then you have current QB Isaac Duty who only went on to lead his team to a state title as a Sophomore while  throwing 21 TD’s and only 1 Int all season which was in the very first game of the season against Corbin. Next you have Freshman to be JJ Reynolds who can flat out spin it. If that kid adds a couple inches he’s going to be elite. He has a great arm and is next level fast. I’m also hearing rumors of their junior high having a pretty good qb. Then you also have one of the assistant coaches kids who is very young but getting a ton of qb training at prominent camps across the country already. If he gets anywhere near his dads height, then he also will be a special talent. That’s one heck of a pipeline that has been occurring over a rather short period of time.
Pikeville definitely blessed with some great QBs the past several years. Hearing the Reynolds kid is already a stud.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Micro-Brew
(05-10-2023, 02:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 11:47 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Sure hate that the Louisville trip fell through. But to change gears here, is Pikeville becoming quarterback U of the mountains?
Just in recent years you had Wyatt Battaile who very well could’ve played college football had he not chose the basketball route instead. Then came along Connor Roberts, a little undersized but was a very very good dual threat high school quarterback that initially went on to play college football at Centre. Then came Isaac McNamee who had an absolutely phenomenal career setting almost every school record and is currently at D1 Murray St.  Then you have current QB Isaac Duty who only went on to lead his team to a state title as a Sophomore while  throwing 21 TD’s and only 1 Int all season which was in the very first game of the season against Corbin. Next you have Freshman to be JJ Reynolds who can flat out spin it. If that kid adds a couple inches he’s going to be elite. He has a great arm and is next level fast. I’m also hearing rumors of their junior high having a pretty good qb. Then you also have one of the assistant coaches kids who is very young but getting a ton of qb training at prominent camps across the country already. If he gets anywhere near his dads height, then he also will be a special talent. That’s one heck of a pipeline that has been occurring over a rather short period of time.
Pikeville definitely blessed with some great QBs the past several years. Hearing the Reynolds kid is already a stud.
Watched him take some snaps on twitter at qb camp. He looked more like a varsity qb instead. He's not only got quickness and speed, but the mechanics as well. Pikeville looks to be in great shape for the future when it comes to the qb position.
Go to that other site on the Pikeville Panthers thread and watch the video of Blake Caudill. OMG lol is all I can say. One of at least 4 studs in the Pikeville backfield in a few months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(05-11-2023, 01:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote: https://bluegrasspreps.com/forums/topic/...-panthers/
I just watched it jp and your right. Blake Caudill is going to be a pleasure to watch this season. He looked like a 120 mph freight train running loose. He's got the strength too. Talk about a loaded backfield, it would be hard pressed to find that much talent in one backfield east of the mountains.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
If somehow, some way that staff at Pikeville can coach those young lineman up well enough to win that thing again this year then look out Single A over the next decade. I could really see the Panthers running off a crazy run like 7 or 8 titles out of 10 years. If they could win this year, that would make 3 in a row and could easily extend to 6 in a row with what they have coming in this year. It very well could get absurd. They are currently 3 out of 4, I think another 3 out of 4 is very likely but I def wouldn’t be surprised if you look back and it’s 7 out 8 . Then the next group could easily go 2 or 3 out 4.
The Panthers are truly in their Golden Years right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(05-28-2023, 07:28 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: If somehow, some way that staff at Pikeville can coach those young lineman up well enough to win that thing again this year then look out Single A over the next decade. I could really see the Panthers running off a crazy run like 7 or 8 titles out of 10 years. If they could win this year, that would make 3 in a row and could easily extend to 6 in a row with what they have coming in this year. It very well could get absurd. They are currently 3 out of 4, I think another 3 out of 4 is very likely but I def wouldn’t be surprised if you look back and it’s 7 out 8 . Then the next group could easily go 2 or 3 out 4.
Pikeville having the proven system it has from little league on up can expect success. Taking into consideration the facilities second to none and excellent administrative, community and staff support, Pikeville should always have its eye on Kroger Field.     Even though Coach Yogi has moved on to Frankfort, and we congratulate him for the HC position there, the show still goes on. Next man up and there are some proven ones that can and will step up and will see the line get where it needs to be by November. I agree MB, i wouldn't be surprised to see 7 or 8 wins out of the next 10 years. Also agree that Pikeville football is in the middle of its Golden Years. I guess another word for it would be "Dynasty".
  • jetpilot
(05-29-2023, 04:04 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(05-28-2023, 07:28 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: If somehow, some way that staff at Pikeville can coach those young lineman up well enough to win that thing again this year then look out Single A over the next decade. I could really see the Panthers running off a crazy run like 7 or 8 titles out of 10 years. If they could win this year, that would make 3 in a row and could easily extend to 6 in a row with what they have coming in this year. It very well could get absurd. They are currently 3 out of 4, I think another 3 out of 4 is very likely but I def wouldn’t be surprised if you look back and it’s 7 out 8 . Then the next group could easily go 2 or 3 out 4.
Pikeville having the proven system it has from little league on up can expect success. Taking into consideration the facilities second to none and excellent administrative, community and staff support, Pikeville should always have its eye on Kroger Field.     Even though Coach Yogi has moved on to Frankfort, and we congratulate him for the HC position there, the show still goes on. Next man up and there are some proven ones that can and will step up and will see the line get where it needs to be by November. I agree MB, i wouldn't be surprised to see 7 or 8 wins out of the next 10 years. Also agree that Pikeville football is in the middle of its Golden Years. I guess another word for it would be "Dynasty".
Not having Mayfield or Beechwood in 1A anymore has definitely made the road to a championship much easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • throw deep
(05-30-2023, 12:10 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
Not having Mayfield or Beechwood in 1A anymore has definitely made the road to a championship much easier.

6 classes instead of 4 has made it easier for everyone, duh. Belfry has benefitted more than anyone. 3A has been the weakest class pretty much every year,
  • Westside
(05-30-2023, 12:40 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

6 classes instead of 4 has made it easier for everyone, duh. Belfry has benefitted more than anyone. 3A has been the weakest class pretty much every year,
Belfry has just skated right into the playoffs seems like forever. Not saying they haven't had good teams through the years, but just goes to show how weak the competition has been in 3A. Btw. Would like to have seen Pikeville take on BW last season or Mayfield too.
(05-30-2023, 11:42 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote:

Belfry has just skated right into the playoffs seems like forever. Not saying they haven't had good teams through the years, but just goes to show how weak the competition has been in 3A. Btw. Would like to have seen Pikeville take on BW last season or Mayfield too.
Mayfield and Beechwood were in 1A when there were 6 classes. Moving them to 2a really weakened 1A. They may have still won 1A but they wouldn’t have steamrolled those teams like they have everyone else in 1A
(05-30-2023, 12:29 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(05-29-2023, 04:04 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Pikeville having the proven system it has from little league on up can expect success. Taking into consideration the facilities second to none and excellent administrative, community and staff support, Pikeville should always have its eye on Kroger Field.     Even though Coach Yogi has moved on to Frankfort, and we congratulate him for the HC position there, the show still goes on. Next man up and there are some proven ones that can and will step up and will see the line get where it needs to be by November. I agree MB, i wouldn't be surprised to see 7 or 8 wins out of the next 10 years. Also agree that Pikeville football is in the middle of its Golden Years. I guess another word for it would be "Dynasty".

Mayfield and Beechwood were in 1A when there were 6 classes. Moving them to 2a really weakened 1A. They may have still won 1A but they wouldn’t have steamrolled those teams like they have everyone else in 1A

Happens in all classes. South Warren, Lexington Catholic, Boyle County, Corbin and others used to be in 3A and moved up making it much easier for Belfry. Your argument doesn't hold water. We get it that Belfry fans don't like Pikeville winning all these titles and about to win some more.
(05-30-2023, 12:29 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(05-29-2023, 04:04 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Pikeville having the proven system it has from little league on up can expect success. Taking into consideration the facilities second to none and excellent administrative, community and staff support, Pikeville should always have its eye on Kroger Field.     Even though Coach Yogi has moved on to Frankfort, and we congratulate him for the HC position there, the show still goes on. Next man up and there are some proven ones that can and will step up and will see the line get where it needs to be by November. I agree MB, i wouldn't be surprised to see 7 or 8 wins out of the next 10 years. Also agree that Pikeville football is in the middle of its Golden Years. I guess another word for it would be "Dynasty".

Pikeville would have beaten either one of those two convincingly last season.
  • jetpilot
(02-23-2023, 02:30 PM)RTruth Wrote: Would love to see Mayfield/Beechwood at somewhere in Richmond or Frankfort on a Saturday.

Have heard we might have 2-3 linemen enrolling in the summer. One from a program that won’t like them coming here at all
Have heard the same, especially the one player ( a junior) that feels like he cant play to his potential with where he's at. Too much political interference and infighting among the staff and parents.
(06-01-2023, 10:18 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(02-23-2023, 02:30 PM)RTruth Wrote: Would love to see Mayfield/Beechwood at somewhere in Richmond or Frankfort on a Saturday.

Have heard we might have 2-3 linemen enrolling in the summer. One from a program that won’t like them coming here at all
Have heard the same, especially the one player ( a junior) that feels like he cant play to his potential with where he's at. Too much political interference and infighting among the staff and parents.

Supposed to be possibly getting a sophomore from in county as well. If that happens the whining and crying might be unbearable
(06-01-2023, 10:18 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:

Has to be from a Floyd County school then.
(06-02-2023, 12:07 AM)RTruth Wrote:
(06-01-2023, 10:18 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:

Supposed to be possibly getting a sophomore from in county as well. If that happens the whining and crying might be unbearable
It's already unbearable lol
Another site has Pikeville playing a weak Ohio school and no Boyd Co. on the schedule. Anyone know the deal? PT?
(06-02-2023, 01:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Another site has Pikeville playing a weak Ohio school and no Boyd Co. on the schedule. Anyone know the deal? PT?

Contract never came back from the aforementioned Ohio School. So not on the schedule on the Pikeville end currently. 

Boyd County still good to go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot
Thanks PT. Glad Boyd is still on.
(06-02-2023, 01:37 AM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 01:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Another site has Pikeville playing a weak Ohio school and no Boyd Co. on the schedule. Anyone know the deal? PT?

Contract never came back from the aforementioned Ohio School. So not on the schedule on the Pikeville end currently. 

Boyd County still good to go.

The contract has returned. Pikeville will play Dohn in early October.
I stand corrected, looks like the Dohn game is happening. Thanks PT. Panthers now have 9 games on the 2023 schedule and still looking for the tenth and final game.
Great, obviously 10 is desired but I think you can live with 9 even if nothing else transpires but 8 would’ve been unfulfilling for sure. I know diddly squat about Dohn but glad to see it’s inked.

In talking about the Panthers, last time I did a little run down on some recent past, current, and future qbs that have been or are currently in the Panther system. But when you talk about Qb’s you also have to think about receivers. I think the receiver corp this year can be very special, do I think 2019 good? Maybe not the high end star power but hear me out…….Boykins, Bevins, Wilkerson, Hall, Hager, and Freshman Slone and Muncy…. That’s a loaded receiver room. We have seen flashes of huge play potential from Bevins and obviously Boykins. Wilkerson has great hands and literally catches everything and has gotten nice size over the last year or so. Brayden Hall could have a huge year, saw him on the baseball field and his speed is next level. Hager has worked very hard in the weight room and is definitely going to see some time. Then the two freshman’s potential is thru the roof. Duty and Reynolds are going to have a spoiling of riches out there the next 3-4 years. Now the question is can they block like last years group? Scott and Hensley may have been two of the best blocking receivers in school history along with being able to make huge plays in the passing game. To me, seeing those guys downfield blocking means more than seeing them catch TD’s honestly so their selfless efforts will definitely be missed. But as Jet alluded to in another thread, the running back room is stacked as well. Skill wise Pikeville sure as heck ain’t lacking. Is it August yet?
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(06-12-2023, 04:59 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Great, obviously 10 is desired but I think you can live with 9 even if nothing else transpires but 8 would’ve been unfulfilling for sure. I know diddly  squat about Dohn but glad to see it’s inked.

In talking about the Panthers, last time I did a little run down on some recent past, current, and future qbs that have been or are currently in the Panther system. But when you talk about Qb’s you also have to think about receivers. I think the receiver corp this year can be very special, do I think 2019 good? Maybe not the high end star power but  hear me out…….Boykins, Bevins, Wilkerson, Hall, Hager, and Freshman Slone and Muncy…. That’s a loaded receiver room. We have seen flashes of huge play potential from Bevins and obviously Boykins. Wilkerson has great hands and literally catches everything and has gotten nice size over the last year or so. Brayden Hall could have a huge year, saw him on the baseball field and his speed is next level. Hager has worked very hard in the weight room and is definitely going to see some time. Then the two freshman’s potential is thru the roof. Duty and Reynolds are going to have a spoiling of riches out there the next 3-4 years. Now the question is can they block like last years group? Scott and Hensley may have been two of the best blocking receivers in school history along with being able to make huge plays in the passing game. To me, seeing those guys downfield blocking means more than seeing them catch TD’s honestly so their selfless efforts will definitely be missed. But as Jet alluded to in another thread, the running back room is stacked as well. Skill wise Pikeville sure as heck ain’t lacking. Is it August yet?
Speaking of downfield blocking, i remember in the Belfry game what a huge block Wade Hensley put on the def player to spring Brenden Anthony after a catch out of the backfield for something like a seventy yard td. Hope to see more blocks like this upcoming.
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot, Micro-Brew
(06-12-2023, 04:59 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Great, obviously 10 is desired but I think you can live with 9 even if nothing else transpires but 8 would’ve been unfulfilling for sure. I know diddly  squat about Dohn but glad to see it’s inked.

In talking about the Panthers, last time I did a little run down on some recent past, current, and future qbs that have been or are currently in the Panther system. But when you talk about Qb’s you also have to think about receivers. I think the receiver corp this year can be very special, do I think 2019 good? Maybe not the high end star power but  hear me out…….Boykins, Bevins, Wilkerson, Hall, Hager, and Freshman Slone and Muncy…. That’s a loaded receiver room. We have seen flashes of huge play potential from Bevins and obviously Boykins. Wilkerson has great hands and literally catches everything and has gotten nice size over the last year or so. Brayden Hall could have a huge year, saw him on the baseball field and his speed is next level. Hager has worked very hard in the weight room and is definitely going to see some time. Then the two freshman’s potential is thru the roof. Duty and Reynolds are going to have a spoiling of riches out there the next 3-4 years. Now the question is can they block like last years group? Scott and Hensley may have been two of the best blocking receivers in school history along with being able to make huge plays in the passing game. To me, seeing those guys downfield blocking means more than seeing them catch TD’s honestly so their selfless efforts will definitely be missed. But as Jet alluded to in another thread, the running back room is stacked as well. Skill wise Pikeville sure as heck ain’t lacking. Is it August yet?

Great post and insight. Receivers downfield blocking has been a thing of beauty. Coaches can definitely teach it, if this corp buys in look out...
  • Micro-Brew