Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 too early champion predictions
(02-28-2023, 11:24 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 05:55 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-17-2023, 12:58 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: If Pikeville is as dominant as most seem to think, why not move out of a "watered down" 1A, and play up in 2A. Lets be honest, since Beechwood and Mayfield went to 2A, 1A isn't what it used to be. I'm not saying that Pikeville couldn't beat either team, but why not play up where there is competition.

I don't think most people are saying Pikeville is dominant. What is wrong with staying in your class and letting the competition come to you. Still can play teams from all classes like Pikeville does every year...
I'm just going by what Pikeville fans have stated on social media, and what a few have stated on here after winning the title by a large margin this year! Numerous Pikeville fans were saying they could have won a championship in all classes outside of 5A and 6A. Those aren't my words, those are your fanbase's words. If you can win in all four classes, why waste time in 1A?

(02-18-2023, 01:52 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I got a better question for you CD, if your team had been in the same watered down 1A over the last 10 years how many titles would your team have won? I bet I can ballpark it for you.
Maybe one or two, if you take Pikeville out of the equation. With Pikeville, probably zero. Breathitt may have given Pikeville a game in 2019, but who knows. Outside of Pikeville, 1A is watered down. Basically you have Hazard, Paintsville, and Raceland. I'm not knocking Pikeville, and as I have said in the past, I don't blame local kids at all for transferring to Pikeville, but with resourced Pikeville has at it's disposal, they should never lose another game in 1A.
Not in 2019, not close

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Pikeville (KY) 41 (92%), [2019] Breathitt County (Jackson, KY) 19 (8%)

(02-28-2023, 11:24 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 05:55 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-17-2023, 12:58 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: If Pikeville is as dominant as most seem to think, why not move out of a "watered down" 1A, and play up in 2A. Lets be honest, since Beechwood and Mayfield went to 2A, 1A isn't what it used to be. I'm not saying that Pikeville couldn't beat either team, but why not play up where there is competition.

I don't think most people are saying Pikeville is dominant. What is wrong with staying in your class and letting the competition come to you. Still can play teams from all classes like Pikeville does every year...
I'm just going by what Pikeville fans have stated on social media, and what a few have stated on here after winning the title by a large margin this year! Numerous Pikeville fans were saying they could have won a championship in all classes outside of 5A and 6A. Those aren't my words, those are your fanbase's words. If you can win in all four classes, why waste time in 1A?

(02-18-2023, 01:52 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I got a better question for you CD, if your team had been in the same watered down 1A over the last 10 years how many titles would your team have won? I bet I can ballpark it for you.
Maybe one or two, if you take Pikeville out of the equation. With Pikeville, probably zero. Breathitt may have given Pikeville a game in 2019, but who knows. Outside of Pikeville, 1A is watered down. Basically you have Hazard, Paintsville, and Raceland. I'm not knocking Pikeville, and as I have said in the past, I don't blame local kids at all for transferring to Pikeville, but with resourced Pikeville has at it's disposal, they should never lose another game in 1A.

Assuming this is true, I'll play along with this on how I feel Pikeville would have faired in all of their recent title years. I'm an unbiased outsider on this. Have no ties to Pikeville and really could care less if they win every game or lose every game from now until forever.

2015 Pikeville - Would have probably been competitive in 2A but I still think Mayfield would have had the edge there. Best 1A team but that's it for 2015.
2018 Pikeville - I'll throw this one in here just because I think this one of their better teams to not win a title recently. CAL was dominant that year. Pikeville probably could've played with everyone in 2A that year except them and maybe Mayfield.
2019 Pikeville - I won't be so quick to say that they would have for sure won, but Pikeville definitely would have been capable of winning 2A and 3A that year. LCA, Mayfield, and Somerset were all very good that year but Pikeville for sure was right there with them. Pikeville already beat a Dixon-less Belfry earlier that year so I would say it's a given they could compete in 3A. So in 2019, for sure they would have been capable of winning 2A and 3A. No higher than that though.
2021 Pikeville - Could have won 3A easily. Would not have competed with LCA or Beechwood in 2A that year though IMO. For sure the best team in 1A and 3A that year, would not have won any other class.
2022 Pikeville - Would have won 1A and 2A, probably would beat every 3A team except CAL. So 2A was the ceiling last year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shogun's post:
  • Cat Daddy, Micro-Brew
^Agree with some of that and disagree with some. Like everything else, everyone has their opinion. What I know is most years Pikeville is a threat to win every time they step on the field...with anyone.
(02-14-2023, 12:18 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 10:38 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 08:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 07:09 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Breathitt will win all 6 classes

At the same time.
Facts ……….

A-Pikeville (not even close)
AA-Beechwood (Even without rash)
AAA-Central
AAAA-Boyle (haddix gets a 4 peat) vs.Cov cath
AAAAA-Bowling Green
AAAAAA-Trinity (Cobb brings home the gold)

Probably the last chance they are going to give him IMO. If he doesn't win this year I don't know that they'll give him another.
This post aged pretty well with the exception of 2a and 3a !!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!