Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 too early champion predictions
Who are the early preseason favorites for each class to hoist the state title for the 2023 season?
1A Pikeville
2A Beechwood/Mayfield
3A I got to think about that. Lexington Catholic
4A Boyle County
5A Bowling Green
6A Male/St X/ Trinity
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rebel55
Flipping quarter this morning

1A Raceland
2A LCA
3. CAL
4. Boyle County
5. Bowling Green
6. Male
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Jack Lambert
1: Pikeville
2: Mayfield
3: Lou. Central
4. Boyle Co
5. Bowling Green
6. Trinity
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Deuce8
1A- Pikeville
2A- LCA
3A- CAL
4A- Boyle Co... Unless Corbin shows up.
5A- Bowling Green
6A- Male/ T/ X
1A Pikeville
2A Mayfield
3A Lexington Catholic
4A Covington Catholic
5A Bowling Green
6A Male
I hope I can circle back to this but, I’d bet a large amount of money lou central wins 3a in 2023 and 2024 if they stay healthy. Will have one of the top defenses in the state at any level. They are getting some big time guys from the Louisville chargers team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16 special's post:
  • Rip/Spin
(02-13-2023, 05:28 PM)16 special Wrote: I hope I can circle back to this but, I’d bet a large amount of money lou central wins 3a in 2023 and 2024 if they stay healthy. Will have one of the top defenses in the state at any level. They are getting some big time guys from the Louisville chargers team.
Louiseville Chargers team? Is that a pro team? Sounds like one anyways. I forgot about Central. No doubt a team that is capable.
(02-13-2023, 11:52 AM)64SUR Wrote: Flipping quarter this morning

1A Raceland
2A LCA
3. CAL
4. Boyle County
5. Bowling Green
6. Male

You got ahold of a bad quarter!
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8
(02-13-2023, 06:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

1A Raceland
2A LCA
3. CAL
4. Boyle County
5. Bowling Green
6. Male

You got ahold of a bad quarter!

Big Grin That’s funny..
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, jetpilot
Breathitt will win all 6 classes
[-] The following 4 users Like DukeBoy's post:
  • 64SUR, Deuce8, HighViz, Waitaminute
(02-13-2023, 07:09 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Breathitt will win all 6 classes

At the same time.
  • Deuce8

1A Raceland
2A LCA
3. CAL
4. Boyle County
5. Bowling Green
6. Male
Forgot about Louisville Central moving down to 3A “update alert”

1A Raceland ( Raceland Posters freaking out about right now )
2A LCA
3A Louisville Central 
4A Boyle County ( Corbin another runner up )
5A Bowling Green 
6A Male
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz
1 A Pikeville
AA Beechwood? (Coach Rash retiring. Dont know what effect it will have)
AAA Belfry
AAAA Boyle
AAAAA Bowling Green
AAAAAA Male
(02-13-2023, 08:43 PM)64SUR Wrote:

1A Raceland
2A LCA
3. CAL
4. Boyle County
5. Bowling Green
6. Male
Forgot about Louisville Central moving down to 3A “update alert”

1A Raceland ( Raceland Posters freaking out about right now )
2A LCA
3A Louisville Central 
4A Boyle County ( Corbin another runner up )
5A Bowling Green 
6A Male
I still think it’s Pikeville’s to lose until proven otherwise.  Raceland should still be a top team next year bit it’s hard to call us the favorite after Pikeville has thrashed us the past 2 years.
(02-13-2023, 08:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

At the same time.
Facts ……….

A-Pikeville (not even close)
AA-Beechwood (Even without rash)
AAA-Central
AAAA-Boyle (haddix gets a 4 peat) vs.Cov cath
AAAAA-Bowling Green
AAAAAA-Trinity (Cobb brings home the gold)

At the same time.
Facts ……….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-13-2023, 05:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 05:28 PM)16 special Wrote: I hope I can circle back to this but, I’d bet a large amount of money lou central wins 3a in 2023 and 2024 if they stay healthy. Will have one of the top defenses in the state at any level. They are getting some big time guys from the Louisville chargers team.
Louiseville Chargers team? Is that a pro team? Sounds like one anyways. I forgot about Central. No doubt a team that is capable.
They were a youth league national champion for 2 years and have the best talent from around the Louisville area. Good feeder program for the Louisville area that Louisville central has been hitting hard.
(02-14-2023, 08:33 AM)16 special Wrote:
They were a youth league national champion for 2 years and have the best talent from around the Louisville area. Good feeder program for the Louisville area that Louisville central has been hitting hard.
Lou Central is banking on a youth football program last 2 season to help them win or contend for the 3A title? We have middle school feeder ie. North Pulaski MS and Corbin MS win KY middle school state championship year in and year out, but those middle school talent usually does not translate to winning championship.

but I do agree with you that Lou Central is a top contender in 3A with who they have returning.
(02-13-2023, 11:24 AM)16 special Wrote: Who are the early preseason favorites for each class to hoist the state title for the 2023 season?
1A- Pikeville
2AA- Mayfield/Beechwood
3AAA- Cal/Lou. Central
4AAAA- Boyle
5AAAAA- BG/Scott Co/Owensboro
6AAAAAA-STX/Male/Douglas
(02-13-2023, 10:38 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:

At the same time.
Facts ……….

AAA-Central
AAAAA-Bowling Green

Probably the last chance they are going to give him IMO. If he doesn't win this year I don't know that they'll give him another.
Last season Louisville Central was as tough of a team that I saw Boyle play with the exception of Frederick Douglass. They were big, fast, and very good defensively. Late in the 4th vs BC in the semis they had all the momentum too until Quisenberry’s miracle play. My $$ would also be on them for 3A. I am not the least bit disappointed they went to 3A but I do wish Boyle could still play them during the season. I was told last year they started 9 sophomores
That group that all played together for the Louisville Chargers are that sophomore class. That team would've spanked any middle school team in the state when they were in middle school together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • 16 special
(02-14-2023, 12:18 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 10:38 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:

At the same time.
Facts ……….

AAA-Central
AAAAA-Bowling Green

Probably the last chance they are going to give him IMO. If he doesn't win this year I don't know that they'll give him another.

Agreed. Cobb's last stand. Trinity should be the favorite, despite QB issues. St. Xavier and Male will be nipping at their heels.
(02-14-2023, 11:45 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
Lou Central is banking on a youth football program last 2 season to help them win or contend for the 3A title? We have middle school feeder ie. North Pulaski MS and Corbin MS win KY middle school state championship year in and year out, but those middle school talent usually does not translate to winning championship.

I think Belfry, Pikeville and Johnson Central would certainly disagree with your assessment   All three MS programs have been very very successful and all have seen    State championships as a result.   Not saying that it translates for all…..but there are plenty of examples of one leading to the other.
[-] The following 3 users Like OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot, MayfieldCardinal
I think some programs just don’t have championship caliber coaching to get it done. They have the talent. But in the deep playoffs, coaching is the difference between winning and losing in alot of cases.
  • Maroon Beech
(02-15-2023, 12:43 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think some programs just don’t have championship caliber coaching to get it done. They have the talent. But in the deep playoffs, coaching is the difference between winning and losing in alot of cases.

If there was ever post that deserved  a thousand likes it's this one. In one championship game in particular, the only demonstrative difference in the teams was the coaching. The team that won had championship caliber coaching and the other team didn't.  Switch the coaches and the final result would have been reversed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’m certainly glad Boyle has coach Haddix and after what he accomplished last year through all the injuries yes it’s definitely easy to see that he’s something special on the sidelines but Boyle’s kids also had to make the plays in the 4th quarter of said championship game because until that point neither team had much of an answer for the other. Tommy Zeismer reached deep and stepped up. What happens if Corbin goes for it on the 4th & 2? Maybe they get it maybe they don’t. We’ll never know. When BC did go for it 4th & 1 at the 2 min mark, Haddix made the call but BC’s o-line and Avery Bodner still had to make the play. So personally I’m more of the opinion that it was coaching and talent. It takes both
[-] The following 1 user Likes CC117's post:
  • Hatz
1A - Raceland
2A - Mayfield
3A - Central
4A - Boyle
5A - Bowling Green
6A - Male
Raceland returns a ton and it should be more competitive should the Rams and Pikeville see each other again in Lexington. Against Beechwood, Raceland simply wasn’t good enough no matter what they did in the 2017 title game. Against Pikeville in 2022, the talent gap was closer, but too many mistakes at horrific times killed Racelands hope against the machine Pikeville was. We have grown bit by bit and we will get there someday. But there’s a lot of improvement to be done before I can say the Rams are a preseason favorite to win it all. I do however, think there is a very significant gap between Pikeville, Raceland, and maybe Hazard and the rest of 1A.
(02-15-2023, 11:15 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Raceland returns a ton and it should be more competitive should the Rams and Pikeville see each other again in Lexington. Against Beechwood, Raceland simply wasn’t good enough no matter what they did in the 2017 title game. Against Pikeville in 2022, the talent gap was closer, but too many mistakes at horrific times killed Racelands hope against the machine Pikeville was. We have grown bit by bit and we will get there someday. But there’s a lot of improvement to be done before I can say the Rams are a preseason favorite to win it all. I do however, think there is a very significant gap between Pikeville, Raceland, and maybe Hazard and the rest of 1A.
We took ourselves out of the game mentally after the 80 yard to to open the game and the punt return.  Even without those momentum killing mistakes I think Pikeville wins by a couple of scores but we definitely didn’t have our best showing in that game.  As for next year, I think staying healthy has to be a major priority for the Rams.  We play a monster of a schedule that will likely take a toll physically and mentally.  Realistically we could have a 6-4 or even a 5-5 regular season and keeping everyone focused after possibly losing a lot more games than we are used to will be a big task for the coaching staff.

I meant to say fumble return for a Td not punt return lol