Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
2023 Boyle County Rebels
(07-22-2023, 11:19 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 10:42 PM)HighViz Wrote: He beat JC while at Perry.  JJ Jude? Remember that.  2011. Then in 2012 took them to the wire.  Perry had nothing before he came.  1-3 wins per year. PCC was a basketball school. 

He also rebuilt Corbin.  The year before he took over they were 5-6. His first season 11 winning games.  He never lost to Bell Co in his tenure. How many coaches coached against Dudley Hilton and won 8-9 games and lost ZERO. 

If you think for 1 second Smith thinks he leaves Haddix a state championship winning team you have lost your mind. HFC have egos and would do anything for a win in December.  Smith didn’t think he had a chance or he would’ve never left BC.    And little smith didn’t come because he knew it was going to be work. 

I’m not saying he is the best coach ever in history of KY. But you are vastly underestimating his coaching ability.    Maybe he is just one of those coaches you will never like though. Just admit that.  Hahaha
I also remember that Johnson Central crushed Perry Central during Haddix's final season there 53-7. Perry Central had a weak football program when Haddix took over and they had a weak football program when he left.  The year before Haddix took over at PCC, the team was 7-4 and the team finished 6-6 in Haddix's final season there.  Thanks for setting me straight about Haddix's remarkable record at PCC!  Big Grin

Is a JC fan bragging about old wins over PCC…? Interesting how the mighty have fallen so quick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • barkgoesthecat
(07-22-2023, 11:33 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 10:42 PM)HighViz Wrote: He beat JC while at Perry.  JJ Jude? Remember that.  2011. Then in 2012 took them to the wire.  Perry had nothing before he came.  1-3 wins per year. PCC was a basketball school. 

He also rebuilt Corbin.  The year before he took over they were 5-6. His first season 11 winning games.  He never lost to Bell Co in his tenure. How many coaches coached against Dudley Hilton and won 8-9 games and lost ZERO. 

If you think for 1 second Smith thinks he leaves Haddix a state championship winning team you have lost your mind. HFC have egos and would do anything for a win in December.  Smith didn’t think he had a chance or he would’ve never left BC.    And little smith didn’t come because he knew it was going to be work. 

I’m not saying he is the best coach ever in history of KY. But you are vastly underestimating his coaching ability.    Maybe he is just one of those coaches you will never like though. Just admit that.  Hahaha
I also remember that Johnson Central crushed Perry Central during Haddix's final season there 53-7. Perry Central had a weak football program when Haddix took over and they had a weak football program when he left.  The year before Haddix took over at PCC, the team was 7-4 and the team finished 6-6 in Haddix's final season there.  Thanks for setting me straight about Haddix's remarkable record at PCC!  Big Grin

Is a JC fan bragging about old wins over PCC…? Interesting how the mighty have fallen so quick.
No, just a JC fan setting the record straight about Haddix's record before he arrived at Boyle County. Boyle County was a dynasty before Haddix took over there and he has done a great job since he arrived at keeping the program on track. It takes a different skill set to build a program than it takes to manage a program and to incorporate impact transfers into the program every season.
(07-22-2023, 11:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

No, just a JC fan setting the record straight about Haddix's record before he arrived at Boyle County. Boyle County was a dynasty before Haddix took over there and he has done a great job since he arrived at keeping the program on track. It takes a different skill set to build a program than it takes to manage a program and to incorporate impact transfers into the program every season.

So no other coach who coaches at JC for the rest of eternity can be a great coach that builds programs because the program has already been built by Matney?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(07-22-2023, 11:50 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

So no other coach who coaches at JC for the rest of eternity can be a great coach that builds programs because the program has already been built by Matney?
Matney built good programs at both Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central. Haddix did not leave the programs at PCC or Corbin in any better shape than they were when he arrived. He went 6-6 and 6-5 in his last seasons at those schools. Haddix is a great coach but you cannot build a program that others have already built. IMO, building a football program is a good measuring stick for a head coach Some people like to give extra credit for attracting quality transfers into a program, I am just not one of those people.
(07-23-2023, 12:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 11:19 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I also remember that Johnson Central crushed Perry Central during Haddix's final season there 53-7. Perry Central had a weak football program when Haddix took over and they had a weak football program when he left.  The year before Haddix took over at PCC, the team was 7-4 and the team finished 6-6 in Haddix's final season there.  Thanks for setting me straight about Haddix's remarkable record at PCC!  Big Grin

Matney built good programs at both Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central. Haddix did not leave the programs at PCC or Corbin in any better shape than they were when he arrived. He went 6-6 and 6-5 in his last seasons at those schools. Haddix is a great coach but you cannot build a program that others have already built. IMO, building a football program is a good measuring stick for a head coach Some people like to give extra credit for attracting quality transfers into a program, I am just not one of those people.

Will you answer the question?
(07-23-2023, 12:19 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(07-23-2023, 12:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 11:33 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Is a JC fan bragging about old wins over PCC…? Interesting how the mighty have fallen so quick.

Will you answer the question?
Sorry, the answer to that question is so obvious that I took it as rhetorical. A few bad hires, and any football program can decline to the point of needing to be rebuilt. Johnson Central's program was not on the same level as it is today under Bill Musick, but the team went undefeated during this final regular season. That was followed by a three-year period during which they won a total of 4 or 5 games. Matney entered the scene and posted a 7-3 record in his first season and began a continuous improvement of the program until tragedy struck. Coach Peck cannot build a program that is already on firm footing.

I hope that explanation was clear enough for you to understand the distinction between building a great program and managing a great program that others have built. My apologies for assuming that such knowledge was common.
JC is the best. Definition of Purity and they only lose Kids. Justin is a middle of the road coach , and just has been given a silver spoon and is a dynasty continuation manager with 3 championships. Gotcha

Ok. Let’s talk about Boyle County. That’s what this thread is titled.

7 on 7 today was fun. It showcased some speed, athletic ability. Boyle made the final 4 with Corbin, Highlands, Lex Christian. Knocked off Highlands. Lex Christian beat Corbin. Then Boyle closed out the finals with a buzzer beater against LCA. 1/2 or more of the Corbin fans stayed to watch after Cutter Boley went off and defeated the hometown Hounds.

There are no pads, and no line.

But still I take something from this. Throwing the football every play isn’t gonna be How Boyle gets wins. I’d venture to say they are 60/40 run-pass. Boyle will have a very disciplined/good line. That’s their bread and butter. Corbin showed a lot of promise offensively. But they were much slower than the others in the final 4. They made it to the final 4 by mostly just being conservative and taking shorter passes, and not making many mistakes. Cutter Boley is the Real deal. Guy has a cannon! He has some solid help on his team, for sure.

To sum it all up, Boyle is gonna be even more dangerous this season. They have the athleticism,speed and skill sets at every position this season to be special. They will only do better with the line in my opinion. Same for Corbin, especially with the 2 additional 4 stars on the Edge and inside.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!

Corbin was 9-3 the year before Haddix was hired. 2 of those losses were to a Wayne County team that played in the state championship game.
(07-23-2023, 09:44 AM)jamesdeane Wrote:

Corbin was 9-3 the year before Haddix was hired. 2 of those losses were to a Wayne County team that played in the state championship game.

5-6 in 2012 for the first losing season in 20+ years then 9-3 in 2013 finishing third in district because the schedule was cake.

Hahahaha.  Chuck ran because he didn't think he could make it back to Kroger field??  Brandon stayed in Bowling Green because 4A was going to be tougher than the gig he had in Bowling Green??  Got it.......
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz, Hoot Gibson
Does anybody know if Boyle County's first game at WKU will be available online?
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick2517's post:
  • 64SUR
[Image: https://scontent-iad3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=64D571ED][Image: https://scontent-iad3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=64D70C92]https://www.facebook.com/QuadrupleCov859?__cft__[0

University of Kentucky is trying to keep these Boyle County Rebels Football close to home. Both Montavin QuisenberryBrock Driver both have offers from UK. Both are listed Top 5 in A lot of KY recruiting platforms for ‘25.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Jack Lambert
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8, Maroon Beech
How has Gage Feltner been doing for Boyle?