Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Open Job: Casey County
Job is still showing posted as this morning.
Another forum has listed Hatter, Cross (Both current assistants), Goldsmith, and two other area assistants but I did not get the name. Both seem to be respected coaches to their own. Exciting times to be a Casey County fan!
Is there no real frontrunner? I figured, if they knew Stonebreaker would be gone, that they would of had some sort of inclination as to who they wanted.
(01-12-2023, 10:15 AM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Another forum has listed Hatter, Cross (Both current assistants), Goldsmith, and two other area assistants but I did not get the name. Both seem to be respected coaches to their own. Exciting times to be a Casey County fan!
I heard coach French's son put in, but no clue if true. I have to feel that coach Cross is a front runner, and I love how he does weights. Goldsmith would probably be a great offensive coach. Coach Hatter, in my opinion could run a defense right now for most any team. But he and Cross are both defensive guys so Coach Hatter may learn the offensive side. But he was a 4 year starting QB for us and was put there because he was a natural leader. It is exciting, but also nerve racking because I have a bunch of guys I want to see become a head coach. I'm afraid if French was coach they would be using it to spring board. I do think coach Peach would have been perfect but he was very careful in his approach and has told some of us he isn't quite sure what he wants to do yet. What I got from any sort of info on Peach, he is a great guy, good person, great coach, but he's in a point in his life he is probably looking, POSSIBLY for one last coaching gig before he retires. And he probably wants to make it a darn good one. God speed to him, and for all who are trying to fight for their passion. Whoever is here, wants to be here, and that is good, that's what we want and our current players want.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • Rip/Spin
I was told tonight at the ball game that Rogers the current DC at Southwestern may have applied for this job. If true I would think he would be at the top of this list. I hope this is false info because I’d like to see him stay where he’s at.
(01-14-2023, 12:16 AM)Football fan 1993 Wrote: I was told tonight at the ball game that Rogers the current DC at Southwestern may have applied for this job. If true I would think he would be at the top of this list. I hope this is false info because I’d like to see him stay where he’s at.
He has applied. I've heard good things about him. As Casey football fans you are wanting long-term stability. The talent you have in counties without a Wal-Mart (counties generally with less career opportunity) is what it is, homegrown mostly. Therefore it's more about long long term commitment to hold the program together. I just worry about coaching changes ever 2 or 3 years. That is the programs that stay at the bottom of the pile, year in and out. Whoever gets it, I want them to stay a minimum of an entire freshman until they graduate as seniors, span of coaching.
  • Rip/Spin
(01-14-2023, 12:21 PM)smoke1015 Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 12:16 AM)Football fan 1993 Wrote: I was told tonight at the ball game that Rogers the current DC at Southwestern may have applied for this job. If true I would think he would be at the top of this list. I hope this is false info because I’d like to see him stay where he’s at.
He has applied. I've heard good things about him. As Casey football fans you are wanting long-term stability. The talent you have in counties without a Wal-Mart (counties generally with less career opportunity) is what it is, homegrown mostly. Therefore it's more about long long term commitment to hold the program together. I just worry about coaching changes ever 2 or 3 years. That is the programs that stay at the bottom of the pile, year in and out. Whoever gets it, I want them to stay a minimum of an entire freshman until they graduate as seniors, span of coaching.

Good statement smoke, and the thing is, if the new coach comes in and has success, they wont be there long.  Thats just how it works, so the hope is it improves the program for the next coach, and the cycle continues.

(01-14-2023, 05:12 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

Good statement smoke, and the thing is, if the new coach comes in and has success, they wont be there long.  Thats just how it works, so the hope is it improves the program for the next coach, and the cycle continues.

Actually I need to correct one thing smoke, the Walmart factor dont mean a thing, we have a Walmart here and very little talent, and very few players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • smoke1015

Actually I need to correct one thing smoke, the Walmart factor dont mean a thing, we have a Walmart here and very little talent, and very few players.
Man that sucks. I guess I thought if you had a Walmart it usually means a bigger town, much more jobs, etc.. But I guess not always. When Coach Marple was here (Taylor's current HC), he always said "It's hard to beat the Walmart counties". Lol. I always thought that was a pretty accurate statement but I guess not always. Hopefully your all's luck changes. Our youth league has a lot of hope, but our 6th and 7th grade numbers this past year in middle were terrible. Covid really hurt a lot of counties especially with youth league.
If inteviews are going to happen, I fully expect the first round to begin this week. If they do not happen, then all signs point toward Casey giving this job to Coach Cross. Anybody heard different?
(01-15-2023, 11:10 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: If inteviews are going to happen, I fully expect the first round to begin this week. If they do not happen, then all signs point toward Casey giving this job to Coach Cross. Anybody heard different?
We are being told the same thing, "there is a lot of interest", and then it was even told to a friend of mine, "and I mean a LOT of interest". Which I'm sure a ton of young coaches, or first time guys are looking for a HC job. I think they are really thinking about it carefully and looking for the right fit. I know Coach Cross has stepped in and done awesome in keeping the kids interested and with lifting, and he's been really out there recruiting in the hallways. But I also know that Coach Cross is being recruited by other counties to come there as well. This is a really interesting stuff. And I also suspect our district is going to be very similar talent this year, from top to bottom so it could be a wide open race to win district if it lines up like we think.
  • Rip/Spin
Bump
I was told interviews would start the last week of January.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • smoke1015
(01-19-2023, 07:43 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: I was told interviews would start the last week of January.

I'm calling it early, Coach Haywood leaving Belfry to come and build a championship program at "unlikely" Casey County. I will have that put in the paper next week...
  • Rip/Spin
If Smoke hasn’t turned Goldsmith off I think he will get this one.
(01-19-2023, 07:43 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: I was told interviews would start the last week of January.
Who are actual candidates?
(01-20-2023, 10:15 AM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote:
Who are actual candidates?

I don’t have the answer to that question. I was told they are narrowing the number of applicants and then interviews will be done on 1/30 and 1/31. Names have not been told to me.
I am hearing Canidates are being narrowed and the job should be filled Feburary 1st
(01-19-2023, 10:19 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: If Smoke hasn’t turned Goldsmith off I think he will get this one.
That was my hacked account (a former coach/and friend). We had some of our best memories at coaching conferences with Boone and he is a good dude. If he ends up our coach he'll have my full support (not that that goes far). But I'd help him in whatever way I can.

I won't give Rip/Spin's identity, but he is a former All State player and played next level. He knows more than anyone what it takes to succeed, here, or anywhere else. If I were in the hiring process he'd be who I asked, or one of the top 3 on who to give advice on this hire.
(01-22-2023, 05:43 AM)smoke1015 Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 10:19 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: If Smoke hasn’t turned Goldsmith off I think he will get this one.
That was my hacked account (a former coach/and friend). We had some of our best memories at coaching conferences with Boone and he is a good dude. If he ends up our coach he'll have my full support (not that that goes far). But I'd help him in whatever way I can.

I won't give Rip/Spin's identity, but he is a former All State player and played next level. He knows more than anyone what it takes to succeed, here, or anywhere else. If I were in the hiring process he'd be who I asked, or one of the top 3 on who to give advice on this hire.

Obviously Smoke and I are friends and he tries to pump up his buddy, but I'm just a guy who loves where he came from, and wants nothing but the best for the program. Which is the same as a lot of other former players, parents, and alumni. Sure, I have an opinion on the matter, but it holds no more value than anyone else's opinion.

As for Smoke, don't take him too serious, or you may end up mad or with hurt feelings. He's a great guy who just likes to poke and have a little fun :)
  • smoke1015
Will be interesting to see who the candidates are once interviews begin. Actual candidates that is. I'm excited to see this job getting the interest that it has!
Levi Rogers getting it?
Admin is getting a kick out of the rumors, etc.. Seems like folks not even in Casey County somehow have a knowledge of exactly who coach will be. In all honesty, even those really close to the sport do not know. Just glad there were several who were interested myself.
I expect that Casey and the administration will do a initial round of interviews with the top candidates and see where things stand. If they're not satisfied, they'll do another round. I still expect Cross to be the frontrunner but the longer the process goes, there could be a chance he does not plan to take the job. I have minimum inside info, but when you place things together this was the conclusion I developed. Cross and Rogers will be in the top list but that doesn't mean they'll take the job. I don't see February 1st being the deadline with interviews just now starting this week.
Any updates on the Job should be in the final stretch of hiring
(01-30-2023, 11:36 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: Any updates on the Job should be in the final stretch of hiring

There was at least 4 interviews conducted today, and I was told there would be some scheduled for the 31st as well, but I don't know how many.
  • smoke1015
A lot of this hire will show where Casey is at. There are so many rumors swirling about such a "smallish" school, and some things that have happened there, not just in sports, etc.. Let us see if they are plagued with the "good ol' boy system", or will they prove to be something more. I know someone in Casey will say, "rumors" and laugh, but where there is smoke there is fire. If you turn deaf ears to boosters and alum then you are doomed as a program. But only the winning programs care about that. Losers don't care about anything and could care less about improvement
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmashMouth01's post:
  • Rip/Spin
Who is the Hire?
Levi Rogers it is!

https://www.facebook.com/100057158962621...tid=cr9u03