Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfers
(01-09-2023, 06:41 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 12:35 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Guy Bailey headed to Corbin. I guess the veer wasn’t able to win him over to stay at Somerset.

Somerset is going to run the veer?

Yep.
(01-09-2023, 07:59 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 12:35 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Guy Bailey headed to Corbin. I guess the veer wasn’t able to win him over to stay at Somerset.

Yep.

What’s the source on that? Has Clevenger stated this to the team or coaches? He ran veer at Danville in 2013 but not after. Can anyone at Somerset verify this? After 2013 Clevenger aired it out at Danville.
(01-09-2023, 07:16 PM)Ned Gremlin Wrote: Hearing now Jacob and Jerod Smith have been promised a furniture store to run in London to entice them to move back and go to Corbin. Let’s see if they’ll join Treyvon Longmire and Dakota Patterson as the newest pair of four star athletes to lose all their offers from Corbin.
Lmao funny thing is this is actually true … 

corbin could get 2 guy baileys and 2 sets of twins named smith and still loose to haddix

I bet CC’s furniture will be a big sponsor at the newly rebuilt historic Campbell field….

If the Crawfords can get the twins to transfer with guy Bailey red hound stadium better have top end lazy boy recliners in the press box !!!!
Maybe the Crawfords could use some of the twins NIL money to buy some stalls for the naked commode….

I bet CC’s furniture will be a big sponsor at the newly rebuilt historic Campbell field….

If the Crawfords can get the twins to transfer with guy Bailey red hound stadium better have top end lazy boy recliners in the press box !!!!
Maybe the Crawfords could use some of the twins NIL money to buy some stalls for the naked commode….
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!, Playcaller66
Deuce, I have to make more coffee….you just made me spit mine out Lol one thing is for sure, those transfers better recognize who has the rings…. Just sayin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8
Are the Smith twins really coming to Corbin or are yall just acting a fool?
I seriously doubt the twins would come back to this area.  Early graduation would be the only benefit.  Corbin did nothing for Longmire or Patterson.  They basically ran Haddix out of town.  Now a large part of the fan base can't stand Greer.  So don't hold your breath Redhounds.   As for GB you'll probably get him.  And all that comes with him.  Enjoy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WETSU's post:
  • Deuce8
Will Gavin Chadwell be at Corbin after basketball season at NL?
(01-09-2023, 09:06 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 07:59 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

Yep.

What’s the source on that? Has Clevenger stated this to the team or coaches? He ran veer at Danville in 2013 but not after. Can anyone at Somerset verify this? After 2013 Clevenger aired it out at Danville.

I'm just speculating but seems like kind of a "safe" offense to run when you're settling in. You probably won't fool too many great teams running the veer but you'll beat the teams you're supposed to beat. So, my guess is the thought process is: run the veer, win 6 or 7 games, keep up optimism in the program until you can establish your system.
(01-10-2023, 02:33 PM)WETSU Wrote: I seriously doubt the twins would come back to this area. Early graduation would be the only benefit. Corbin did nothing for Longmire or Patterson. They basically ran Haddix out of town. Now a large part of the fan base can't stand Greer. So don't hold your breath Redhounds. As for GB you'll probably get him. And all that comes with him. Enjoy.

Tasked to a gentleman yesterday and he said something about these twins maybe moving back. He was told personally if they did they would be enrolling in Boyle county. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I, for one, am pretty glad Haddix got run off from Corbin. Hope he stays at Boyle for many years to come. I just want to say this though. Corbin put a hell of a good team on the field this year and was only a play or two from winning it's first state title in 40 years. They are a heck of a program. It sure sounds like a couple of coaches are getting what they deserve but I do hate it for the players. I've met a couple of Corbin football players the last two or three years and they a really good kids. I hate that they have to pay the price for some ol boy politics. I don't want to see any Corbin players have any bad luck or lose any opportunity. I kinda wish they were dropping to 3A so I could root for them and have it not affect Boyle. Unless a kid plays dirty, I don't root against any of them. They put too much work in when a lot of boys are sitting at home on their playstations. Lets not celebrate any kids bad fortune. That 4A game this year was a great game. I thought the 6A game was just a little better but it was a great game. I've rewatched it 3 or 4 times. Congrats on a great season and maybe we'll meet again next year.
[-] The following 4 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, CC117, Hatz, Maroon Beech
I heard that qb from the boro is trying to transfer idk if it went though an I m hearing Partin from Knox is two
[-] The following 1 user Likes BellCOUNTYfaithfull's post:
  • Playcaller66
(01-12-2023, 09:16 PM)BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote: I heard that qb from the boro is trying to transfer idk if it went though an I m hearing Partin from Knox is two
Isn’t Partin’s dad the principal at Kc? If so, I don’t see him leaving.
Have no clue about that
(01-12-2023, 09:16 PM)BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote: I heard that qb from the boro is trying to transfer idk if it went though an I m hearing Partin from Knox is two
I have heard from a couple of people close to Breathitt's program, that one of these kids could end up in Jackson next year.
(01-12-2023, 10:10 PM)Corbin Wrote:

I think you are correct.
(12-17-2022, 10:37 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: As long as Pikeville is in 1a raceland can get all the transfers they want and still loose to the mighty panthers. Pikeville owns 1a period!
Pikeville gets very many more students they won’t be in 1a
Heard pikeville has had bunch of transfers on campus for on campus visits. Nothing new. KHSAA IS A JOKE!!!

Pikeville has had a bunch of transfers on campus for campus visits. KHSAA IS A JOKE!!

TRUTH
(01-13-2023, 11:43 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 10:10 PM)Corbin Wrote:

I think you are correct.

Heard a big time lineman left Knox Central to North Laurel..KC can’t be losing all the studs on the team and still be competitive. If Partin does leave then KC don’t win a football game in 2023 3A or not..
(01-15-2023, 07:16 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Heard pikeville has had bunch of transfers on campus for on campus visits. Nothing new. KHSAA IS A JOKE!!!

Pikeville has had a bunch of transfers on campus for campus visits. KHSAA IS A JOKE!!

TRUTH
Name one.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Deuce8
Why do rural County schools almost everywhere in the country struggle? Well it's because their talent pool of 30 minutes basically only covers their own district and as a school they usually are at best a mediocre district because just like football and basketball players, teacher and administrator talent quality also follows this model.
vidmate.app stream videos
I think at the end of the day were going to look back at this and say this was nothing all that is happening is high school football is preparing players even more with the transfer portal by showing them there are options and if they don't like what is happening around them, they can change that and do whats best for them
I’m glad to see kids being able to move around some. Especially when a kid is trapped in a place ate slap dab up with politics and favors. Coaches do it all the time.
(01-15-2023, 07:41 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 07:16 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Heard pikeville has had bunch of transfers on campus for on campus visits. Nothing new. KHSAA IS A JOKE!!!

TRUTH
Name one.
Show proof Hawk.
North getting anyone new from neighbors to the East? I know they have a couple now?
He can’t. He’s constantly writing checks with his mouth that his a$$ can’t cash.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(01-19-2023, 09:47 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: He can’t. He’s constantly writing checks with his mouth that his a$$ can’t cash.

Exactly. Crybaby and liar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(12-20-2022, 11:40 AM)16thregioner Wrote: If you look at the whole counties, then Pike outnumbers Greenup 57,000 to 36,000. However, the population around Raceland High School is more concentrated than the population around Pikeville High School. Here are the driving times to each school from surrounding schools. It could be that some are willing to exceed more than 30-some minutes driving time to go to school. For example, I recall when the Lemaster family drove from Paintsville to Ashland for years to go there. I would think, though, that the list below would encompass the majority of the transfer possibilities for both Pikeville and Raceland.

Pikeville
Pike County Central - 11 min
Shelby Valley - 14 min
Betsy Layne - 18 min
East Ridge - 31 min
Prestonsburg - 32 min
Belfry - 34 min
Floyd Central - 36 min

Raceland
Russell - 10 min
Ironton (OH) - 11 min
Fairview - 13 min
Greenup County - 15 min
Coal Grove (OH) - 16 min
Ashland - 20 min
Rock Hill (OH) - 21 min
South Point (OH) - 24 min
Wheelersburg (OH) - 25 min
Boyd County - 28 min
Portsmouth (OH) - 31 min
Symmes Valley (OH) - 32 min
East Carter - 34 min
Spring Valley (WV) - 34 min
Huntington (WV) - 37 min

Now, of course, as others have mentioned, getting players from these schools requires your school becoming the cream of the crop in these areas, something that Pikeville is only challenged on by Belfry, and something that Raceland faces more challengers on in Ironton (OH), Ashland, Wheelersburg (OH), and Spring Valley (WV).
I think 5-7 minutes would be more Correct for Raceland to Russell. I can be from Flatwoods to Worthington in 7 minutes doing the speed limit.
First of all there are 6 high schools in pike County. Second pikeville recruits from all of them. Wait and see how many transfers have in all sports next season and the khsaa will do nothing. They get bye with it every year. And last every school has hold backs these days. Belfry is getting ready to ho on another run starting next year. I see the Raceland fans are still winning and crying. Cant beat them join them little rams.
^^^So not one name and no proof. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Even if there was proof, Pikeville would hardly be the only school in the state doing it. The Robinson kid that ended up at Beechwood went to several high schools in Northern Kentucky for visits before deciding to go to Beechwood. The Boley kid actually tweeted that he had decided to transfer to LCA like it was a college commitment or something.