Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Parks New Danville Coach
Danville can't afford to not play Boyle. They make too much money off of that game. Some people are calling for a cancellation of the series because of recent transfers but those people are nuts as a cancellation would do more for Boyle than the Ads.

I think the Ads are going to be hurting next year in terms of talent, so I am not expecting much. However, the Danville administration did this to themselves but not rehiring Clevenger who, by all accounts, is getting to work at Somerset and building them back up quickly.
[-] The following 2 users Like AdsFanatic's post:
  • Hatz, Rebel55
(05-30-2023, 06:37 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 02:56 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: The Danville basketball players left for Football purposes only. Demauriah Brown and Josh Bixler. The other kid is Owen Barnes which has been to every school in the District. He went to Mercer County. Total of 3 kids transferred. 2 because of Football. It's definitely just a football issue.

You sure about that......basketball coach just resigned today..............

why did he resign?
(05-30-2023, 09:42 PM)AdsFanatic Wrote: Danville can't afford to not play Boyle.  They make too much money off of that game.  Some people are calling for a cancellation of the series because of recent transfers but those people are nuts as a cancellation would do more for Boyle than the Ads.

I think the Ads are going to be hurting next year in terms of talent, so I am not expecting much.  However, the Danville administration did this to themselves but not rehiring Clevenger who, by all accounts, is getting to work at Somerset and building them back up quickly.

What needs to happen is not play a regular season game with each other but instead do the first scrimmage, make it a community event.  That way coaches have more control over what takes place on the field, its going to be such a huge mismatch that a regular game could get dangerous.

(05-30-2023, 07:43 PM)Mingo Wrote: Very serious question here. Is Danville going to be able to field a competitive team with all the departures?  In my thoughts it might be best for Danville to take a break from playing BC in football. Maybe not but it might be a needed change for now.

The bolded might be tough.  Not sure they will field a basketball team at this rate.
(12-09-2022, 05:51 PM)64SUR Wrote: The drums beat can be heard at Boyle County Highschool
More like a Dinner Bell.
(05-31-2023, 08:56 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 09:42 PM)AdsFanatic Wrote: Danville can't afford to not play Boyle.  They make too much money off of that game.  Some people are calling for a cancellation of the series because of recent transfers but those people are nuts as a cancellation would do more for Boyle than the Ads.

I think the Ads are going to be hurting next year in terms of talent, so I am not expecting much.  However, the Danville administration did this to themselves but not rehiring Clevenger who, by all accounts, is getting to work at Somerset and building them back up quickly.

What needs to happen is not play a regular season game with each other but instead do the first scrimmage, make it a community event.  That way coaches have more control over what takes place on the field, its going to be such a huge mismatch that a regular game could get dangerous.

(05-30-2023, 07:43 PM)Mingo Wrote: Very serious question here. Is Danville going to be able to field a competitive team with all the departures?  In my thoughts it might be best for Danville to take a break from playing BC in football. Maybe not but it might be a needed change for now.

The bolded might be tough.  Not sure they will field a basketball team at this rate.

Quit being soft. That NKY mindset is for cowards.
(05-31-2023, 11:45 AM)fansville Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 02:56 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: The Danville basketball players left for Football purposes only. Demauriah Brown and Josh Bixler. The other kid is Owen Barnes which has been to every school in the District. He went to Mercer County. Total of 3 kids transferred. 2 because of Football. It's definitely just a football issue.

why did he resign?
Not sure but I definitely wouldn’t wanna be a Head Coach in same area as Haddix cause you gonna loose your best athletes and that’s facts. In my opinion Haddix wins four State Championships in a row and departs for Corbin once again to replace Greer. My question is when Haddix goes back to Corbin after #4 State Championship who on current coaching staff will remain on Corbin/Haddix staff?
Back to Corbin to replace Greer? You smoking crack? Haddix will never downgrade himself. Haddix will be coaching D1 football next. Not changing high school jobs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • Hatz
(06-01-2023, 10:16 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

why did he resign?
Not sure but I definitely wouldn’t wanna be a Head Coach in same area as Haddix cause you gonna loose your best athletes and that’s facts. In my opinion Haddix wins four State Championships in a row and departs for Corbin once again to replace Greer. My question is when Haddix goes back to Corbin after #4 State Championship who on current coaching staff will remain on Corbin/Haddix staff?

Why do some Corbin fans insist on a return of Haddix.  He did not graduate there.  He only spent, what, 6 years there?  He was pushed away by many and you expect him to return?  How is Corbin a "step up?"
^
“ Breaking News Haddix will never return to Corbin unless it to play them in playoffs.
[-] The following 3 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • back country, Rebel55, TheStickyBandit
(06-04-2023, 09:47 AM)Hatz Wrote:
(06-01-2023, 10:16 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

why did he resign?

Why do some Corbin fans insist on a return of Haddix.  He did not graduate there.  He only spent, what, 6 years there?  He was pushed away by many and you expect him to return?  How is Corbin a "step up?"

Simple answer ole buddy is the majority here did not want Haddix to leave, only a select few, I know he doesn’t feel the same way but I don’t think Coach Haddix really understood how many of us valued him here.  While he was only here 6 years he returned our program back to prominence very few on this board know, remember, or are willing to admit that Corbin was anywhere near playing for a State Championship on an annual basis.  He is wanted back because many of us know how close we are to being right back in the same position, just give it about 3 more years…Corbin’s not a step up for many reasons but the major one is we got to many people around the program who won state championships in the 70’s / 80’s who want to coach football and can’t leave the actual running of the program to a single person, trying to live vicariously through someone else, if you can understand leaving a set of bleachers on a field, during a renovation, that’s become beyond embarrassing then you might start understanding their thinking…
[-] The following 4 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, BEChargers, Bull got out!, Hatz
Maybe take this to the Corbin thread?
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • back country