Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 14 Mayfield 13 (2A State Championship)
Mayfield kicker missed 1, Boyle kicker missed 3, Corbin kicker missed 1 etc.....
I DO think the difference in width from the high school field made a huge impact.
And I was surprised it did.
(12-05-2022, 09:15 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Mayfield kicker missed 1, Boyle kicker missed 3, Corbin kicker missed 1 etc.....
I DO think the difference in width from the high school field made a huge impact.
Mayfield kicker also missed a 23 yard field goal that he usually would nail,  but that was not the reason mayfield lost. You could point to every player on the team and say ( well number so and so missed 5 blocks, and number so and so missed 5 tackles, and on and on) we win and lose as a team and each player played a part in wins and our loss.
(12-05-2022, 01:15 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 09:15 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Mayfield kicker missed 1, Boyle kicker missed 3, Corbin kicker missed 1 etc.....
Mayfield kicker also missed a 23 yard field goal that he usually would nail,  but that was not the reason mayfield lost. You could point to every player on the team and say ( well number so and so missed 5 blocks, and number so and so missed 5 tackles, and on and on) we win and lose as a team and each player played a part in wins and our loss.
This is true but I still feel bad for the boy. I could imagine living with that the rest of my life. Hopefully he doesn’t let it affect him.
(12-05-2022, 04:20 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 01:15 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
This is true but I still feel bad for the boy. I could imagine living with that the rest of my life. Hopefully he doesn’t let it affect him.
I do two, and I’m sure he’s hurting bad tonight.
(12-04-2022, 09:04 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 01:30 AM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 09:23 PM)Westside Wrote: So Beechwood has won 3 straight state championships by a total of 4 points.  That has got to be a record.

Beechwood’s last 4 state titles they have won by a combined 5 points.

How about them Tigers! This is no disrespect to Mayfield. All we ever heard was Class A was weak. Beechwood should move up. Beechwood won’t ever win another title since Mayfield is in 2a. Well in 4 years in 2a Beechwood has won 3 straight titles with a semi finals appearance. So is 2a weak now? Should the Tigers move up to 3a now in which they won’t!
I get what you are saying but Beechwood would have had their hands full with Pikeville in the last 2 seasons had they still been in 1A and those  would have been good games.  The 2A Beechwood is winning now is basically the 1A they dominated during the 90’s in the 4 class system so it should come as no surprise they are still bringing home titles.

I think they would have had their hands full with Pikeville last year for a half. LCA put it on Pikeville in the second half. I don’t think Pikeville could have stopped Cam Hergott last year. This year would have been a different story though. Both teams had crazy defenses. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sportsfan4646's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(12-06-2022, 06:02 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 09:04 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 01:30 AM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 09:23 PM)Westside Wrote: So Beechwood has won 3 straight state championships by a total of 4 points.  That has got to be a record.

Beechwood’s last 4 state titles they have won by a combined 5 points.

How about them Tigers! This is no disrespect to Mayfield. All we ever heard was Class A was weak. Beechwood should move up. Beechwood won’t ever win another title since Mayfield is in 2a. Well in 4 years in 2a Beechwood has won 3 straight titles with a semi finals appearance. So is 2a weak now? Should the Tigers move up to 3a now in which they won’t!
I get what you are saying but Beechwood would have had their hands full with Pikeville in the last 2 seasons had they still been in 1A and those  would have been good games.  The 2A Beechwood is winning now is basically the 1A they dominated during the 90’s in the 4 class system so it should come as no surprise they are still bringing home titles.

I think they would have had their hands full with Pikeville last year for a half. LCA put it on Pikeville in the second half. I don’t think Pikeville could have stopped Cam Hergott last year. This year would have been a different story though. Both teams had crazy defenses. 
I agree with that.  Last year Beechwood was lights out on offense.