Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Football Fans, Why Does Corbin Win Over Boyle?
Corbin! Because I made this ‘twas the night since no one else would!

Twas’ the night before kickoff,
and all through the land,
Just 22 more hours,
Then here comes the fans!

Bull wanted more coffee,
Hoping it was hot,
Give the redhound effort,
Make your damn pot!

Granny was sitting by the fire,
Reading post from PJ Doug,
He was giving them hell trolling,
Then asking if they want a hug?

Old school was worrying,
Thinking his head or his gut?
I said hounds will be on fire,
we’ll be smoking another pork butt!

Both TD and Hound,
Are worried about the plan,
What about the other team?
Well, they have their man!

Ole Hoot was arguing,
But no one was around,
16 post later,
Still nothing profound!

Jack was staying quiet,
Maybe he has been napping,
The hounds will wake him up,
Then send all them packing,

Patriot on a different thread,
In a heated exchange,
He still thinks they can beat they hounds,
Because they made a change!

Sur won’t give his pick,
But he knows in his head,
When the clock hits zeros,
It’s gonna be all red.

Greer says we’re playing for two C’s,
Corbin and the almighty,
I haven’t made a prediction yet,
I’ll take the hounds by 90!

I’m out of words,
I’m pretty much slurring,
All I need is a victory cigar,
To go with this bourbon!

*im just kidding hoot*
[-] The following 4 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Old School Hound, pjdoug
Turn the hounds loose.
Well this thread started out talking about football at least. I appreciate the attempt. But then it devolved into the same chatter as the other.

I think it's going to be a good game. When I look at the body of work of both teams, it's hard to pick against Boyle. The fact that Central handled Franklin Co so easily on the road a month ago is the most indicative game. And Boyle's schedule has been tougher. Also, I think Boyle has the advantage on the lines and in coaching. The running game is close. The only real advantage I see on Corbin's side is the kicking game.

I still think Boyle by 2 TDs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Waitaminute
Amazing Hound!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Hound05
Do you believe in Miracles? I do. Things may look bleak for Corbin , but their kids have in it in them to stand tall in this game.
(12-02-2022, 09:14 AM)jamessbuzzz Wrote: Do you believe in Miracles? I do. Things may look bleak for Corbin , but their kids have in it in them to stand tall in this game.

You definitely need a hobby Smile
I feel similar to old School with my head for Boyle but my heart for Corbin. I want this win so bad for our kids and our town. I know the hounds can win it but the two things worrying me is the Boyle co coaching advantage and the chance that corbins  secondary gets exposed. Boyle played a tough schedule against some good teams and I think if they played corbin 10 times they'd probably win 7 of them. I predict a high scoring game with both offenses having their way and whichever team can get a defensive stop or a turnover will come away with the win.
(12-02-2022, 08:17 PM)HOFER Wrote: I feel similar to old School with my head for Boyle but my heart for Corbin. I want this win so bad for our kids and our town. I know the hounds can win it but the two things worrying me is the Boyle co coaching advantage and the chance that corbins  secondary gets exposed. Boyle played a tough schedule against some good teams and I think if they played corbin 10 times they'd probably win 7 of them. I predict a high scoring game with both offenses having their way and whichever team can get a defensive stop or a turnover will come away with the win.

I've been trying to change my head's thinking all week long but that ol' brain is a stubborn animal.  Honestly, what worries me the most is that these Boyle kids have been on this stage before multiple times while the Corbin kids haven't. I don't think you can overvalue how important that is. If the Hounds get through the first twelve minutes tied or with the lead then I will feel much better about our chances. I worry that the bright lights of Kroger may favor the kids who have been there before, at least for the first ten or twelve minutes. 
I also worry about Boyle being able to exploit our secondary for some back-breaking big plays. If that doesn't happen, I like our chances. I just hope Corbin's coaches, with their gameplan, put these kids in a position to maximize their success. I worry than Haddix will out maneuver Greer in a game that could come down to strategy and decisions at key moments.

My head says Boyle will win by a couple or three scores because of all the things previously mentioned. However, my heart, which has so often led me astray, is telling my head,  "Go to hell. Hounds will find a way! "

I'll trust the heart one more time ...

I'm here cheering for the Hounds like it was 1980 something
(12-02-2022, 09:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I'm here cheering for the Hounds like it was 1980 something

I appreciate it. Dougie.  There was only one game this season that I didn't root for your Colonels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
(12-01-2022, 07:29 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: If Corbin wins it will be because they were able to leverage their advantage up front on the O and D lines without being too conservative with it.
They didn't
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Hatz