Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Football Fans, Why Does Corbin Win Over Boyle?
For those who think the Redhounds win the 4A title game, I'd like to hear why you think so.  Most of the computer rating systems--- CalPreps, MaxPreps,  Cantrall , TP94(BGP) give the nod to Corbin but these fan polls go pretty heavily for Boyle County. The computers like Corbin; the fans seem to favor Boyle. Who's right...  AI  or RI (Redneck Intelligence)  ???

Specifically, why do you think the Redhounds win the championship? I am particularly interested in hearing from folks who have watched both teams play multiple games. I have only seen parts of one Boyle County game(FD) and they were well overmatched in that game.

Also, for those who think Boyle will win, what makes you think the Rebs hand Corbin its first defeat?  Be specific , if you would , please.

The one big thing that worries me, as a Corbin fan, is what I perceive as a big advantage in the coaching department for Boyle. This game may come down to strategic coaching moves in some big spots, and that is a concern.  Also, I worry about Boyle and Haddix exploiting Corbin's secondary to break some big plays. Not saying it will happen but I do worry.

Tell me why I need not worry.  Why do the Hounds get their first state title in four decades?

Most of what I have gathered in the other thread is who likes smoked pork , beans, salmon, and taters. I think we all do. But why is Corbin gonna win this game?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
I hope Corbin wins.  They've worked very hard and deserve it IMO.  The reason I think Boyle will win is stated in your post.

"The one big thing that worries me, as a Corbin fan, is what I perceive as a big advantage in the coaching department for Boyle. This game may come down to strategic coaching moves in some big spots, and that is a concern.  Also, I worry about Boyle and Haddix exploiting Corbin's secondary to break some big plays. Not saying it will happen but I do worry."
Corbin has been unstoppable all season long. Boyle won't stop them either.
(11-30-2022, 09:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: For those who think the Redhounds win the 4A title game, I'd like to hear why you think so.  Most of the computer rating systems--- CalPreps, MaxPreps,  Cantrall , TP94(BGP) give the nod to Corbin but these fan polls go pretty heavily for Boyle County. The computers like Corbin; the fans seem to favor Boyle. Who's right...  AI  or RI (Redneck Intelligence)  ???

Specifically, why do you think the Redhounds win the championship? I am particularly interested in hearing from folks who have watched both teams play multiple games. I have only seen parts of one Boyle County game(FD) and they were well overmatched in that game.

Also, for those who think Boyle will win, what makes you think the Rebs hand Corbin its first defeat?  Be specific , if you would , please.

The one big thing that worries me, as a Corbin fan, is what I perceive as a big advantage in the coaching department for Boyle. This game may come down to strategic coaching moves in some big spots, and that is a concern.  Also, I worry about Boyle and Haddix exploiting Corbin's secondary to break some big plays. Not saying it will happen but I do worry.

Tell me why I need not worry.  Why do the Hounds get their first state title in four decades?

Most of what I have gathered in the other thread is who likes smoked pork ,  beans,  salmon, and taters.  I think we all do.  But why is Corbin gonna win this game?

When you get in these big games, 
You need a person like me that is a mathematical genius,  A master strategist that loves a good chess match, and tries to get in their opponents head to see what makes their clock tick, and how they'll react.
 Haddix loves the cat mouse and game. Can Greer match his wits?
 Does he have enough wisdom to help The Hounds pull this one out? I believe Corbin can win this game if so.

If not, Boyle County will bring the hardware home again.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
(11-30-2022, 09:58 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 09:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: For those who think the Redhounds win the 4A title game, I'd like to hear why you think so.  Most of the computer rating systems--- CalPreps, MaxPreps,  Cantrall , TP94(BGP) give the nod to Corbin but these fan polls go pretty heavily for Boyle County. The computers like Corbin; the fans seem to favor Boyle. Who's right...  AI  or RI (Redneck Intelligence)  ???

Most of what I have gathered in the other thread is who likes smoked pork ,  beans,  salmon, and taters.  I think we all do.  But why is Corbin gonna win this game?

When you get in these big games, 
You need a person like me that is a mathematical genius,  A master strategist that loves a good chess match, and tries to get in their opponents head to see what makes their clock tick, and how they'll react.
 Haddix loves the cat mouse and game. Can Greer match his wits?
 Does he have enough wisdom to help The Hounds pull this one out? I believe Corbin can win this game if so.

If not, Boyle County will bring the hardware home again.

I was afraid you were gonna ask that. The answer is  the same as :  Does a bear NOT like sh!tting in the woods?

Sad
I am going to try to be as honest and true feelings on how I see this game lay out.

Boyle has had a big time hit with the injury bug this season.  Hardwick missed the first 7 games, Sims was lost after the Henderson County game for the season.  We lost a OL for the season against North Laurel scrimmage, and another OL against Lexington Catholic 1st. meeting.  Bodner our best RB was lost in the 3rd. quarter of our Lexington Catholic game ( Our running game suffered) and was our deep safety (Lex Cath hit 3 4th. quarter bombs) to beat us.  Dawson was lost for a few games against Douglas.  This Friday is the healthiest we've been the entire season.  

Both teams have a entirely different schedule and don't even have a common opponent to go by.  Who's to say really one team is better than the other?  I feel Fredrick Douglas also would beat Corbin so that's a wash  For as of our 4 quarter colllapse against the Knights that's the reasoning Corbin is higher in all the computer rankings.  Catholic made the plays and deserve the win and I feel made Boyle a better team Friday night because of that loss.  Boyle proved 2nd. time around they where the better team.  Corbin deserves the higher rankings and all the benefits that go with it.

Boyle has something that Corbin doesn't Friday night. Experience on the big stage!  This group of senior football players have been now all 4 years.  For as of Corbin's group this will be the 1st. time.  Playing loose and not tight, not making mental mistakes are big in this game.  This group has been there done that.  For as of coaching this is Justin's 6th. time and some of his assistant coaches have more experience than that.  How much pressure is on the kids from Corbin to bring home a State Title that hasn't happened since 1982?

Boyle has some hogs on both sides of the ball with Hardwick and Ziesmer. Both with D1 offers that has size, strength, and speed.  I like where we are with our lineman and can easily match Corbin.  Skill players with Quisenberry, Bodner, and Dawson also feel is as good as Corbin's.  One advantage I see is Corbin's kicking game. Now, everyone needs to remember we are playing with college goalpost that is narrow than high schools.  This could play a row.  

Now, these teams look pretty evenly match but we will find out Friday night for sure.  To be honest I like our chances.  Anything can and probably will happen in a winner take all game.  I'm really looking forward to watching it!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
(11-30-2022, 10:46 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I am going to try to be as honest and true feelings on how I see this game lay out.

Boyle has had a big time hit with the injury bug this season.  Hardwick missed the first 7 games, Sims was lost after the Henderson County game for the season.  We lost a OL for the season against North Laurel scrimmage, and another OL against Lexington Catholic 1st. meeting.  Bodner our best RB was lost in the 3rd. quarter of our Lexington Catholic game ( Our running game suffered) and was our deep safety (Lex Cath hit 3 4th. quarter bombs) to beat us.  Dawson was lost for a few games against Douglas.  This Friday is the healthiest we've been the entire season.  

Both teams have a entirely different schedule and don't even have a common opponent to go by.  Who's to say really one team is better than the other?  I feel Fredrick Douglas also would beat Corbin so that's a wash  For as of our 4 quarter colllapse against the Knights that's the reasoning Corbin is higher in all the computer rankings.  Catholic made the plays and deserve the win and I feel made Boyle a better team Friday night because of that loss.  Boyle proved 2nd. time around they where the better team.  Corbin deserves the higher rankings and all the benefits that go with it.

Boyle has something that Corbin doesn't Friday night. Experience on the big stage!  This group of senior football players have been now all 4 years.  For as of Corbin's group this will be the 1st. time.  Playing loose and not tight, not making mental mistakes are big in this game.  This group has been there done that.  For as of coaching this is Justin's 6th. time and some of his assistant coaches have more experience than that.  How much pressure is on the kids from Corbin to bring home a State Title that hasn't happened since 1982?

Boyle has some hogs on both sides of the ball with Hardwick and Ziesmer. Both with D1 offers that has size, strength, and speed.  I like where we are with our lineman and can easily match Corbin.  Skill players with Quisenberry, Bodner, and Dawson also feel is as good as Corbin's.  One advantage I see is Corbin's kicking game. Now, everyone needs to remember we are playing with college goalpost that is narrow than high schools.  This could play a row.  

Now, these teams look pretty evenly match but we will find out Friday night for sure.  To be honest I like our chances.  Anything can and probably will happen in a winner take all game.  I'm really looking forward to watching it!!

That's a fair assessment with some outstanding points.  I don't think one can underestimate the importance of having been on that big stage of state championhip game before.  Kroger Stage- Advantage Boyle.    Coaching- advantage Boyle.  
Come on, Corbin supporters. I losing some faith after Rebel55 's outstanding analysis. Bring me back home !!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Rebel55
Boyle wins because of great athletes and playing a very very tough schedule, every single game out. Corbin wins because of hunger, a good HC, and just maybe they catch the breaks. IMO, if it's a close game at all, Boyle makes a decision based on arrogance that might pay off, or just as likely might bite them in the butt when calling a higher percentage play would have won the game. IMO. "Safe" doesn't always win games, but ultra confidence doesn't always win them either. Maybe Boyle just proves to be too athletic overall, and just as physical. Both teams bring the wood, both teams are battle tested no matter what anyone says. This is my only "serious" post I'll make on the game. I want Corbin to win because I had a friend that played there, and distant family that plays a high level position there. Go Redhounds!
Do you believe in Miracles? I do. Things may look bleak for Corbin , but their kids have in it in them to stand tall in this game. I think this has the potential to be a great game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • smoke1015
I break it down like this
1.Coaching Advantage Boyle
2.Boyle O vs Corbin D Advantage Boyle
3.Corbin O vs Boyle D Slight advantage Corbin
4.Most Talent Advantage Boyle
5.intangibles (experience, strength of schedule, depth, etc) huge advantage Boyle
6.Special Teams Advantage Corbin

I'll go with Boyle by 14-17.
Don't lose no faith Old School Hound.

Corbin brings home the Championship because actually they don't have the pressure on them that everyone thinks.

Corbin wasn't supposed to be here. Going back to last season, heavy graduation, lots of things to consider. After a big dissapointment.

Corbins season, not from the Corbin faithful but everyone else, Corbins overrated..They havn't played anyone..

Corbin in the playoffs....impressed me. Won me over not that I wasn't pulling for them, but I mean changed my mind on who was winning 4A.

I see something in this team that I see when I watch the championship games at Kroger in the past. I seen some special players win big games. Like the Dixon for Belfry, Hergott for Beechwood, Sheron for Somerset, Gillis for Boyle County.

Corbin has "Kid Elam" From the 2cd Quarter when the kid took the field and Corbin was down 13-0 to Pikeville, Immediatly Corbin took the lead. Now only 2 times was Corbin down this season in the Pulaski County game and the Franklin Count game and almost immediatly "Kid Elam" led the offense straight down the field to regain the lead.  Every big game that I seen you have to be able to move the ball and this kid rises up and is just different. I have never seen anything like it. I personally would run a totally different offense where I just let him control the game with his arm if I was the coach, I would even go as far as letting him call his own plays based on what he is seeing, but the offense that Corbin runs is so complimented with first those hogs up front, then when you look in the backfield at Cameron "Superman" Combs and how that kid is running. He gives me the wow factor, I'll say it again WOW! Then when you look beyond that at Carter Stewart, Brody "Who does everything well" Wells, Zander Curry, Eli Pietrowski, how do you stop all these athletes with Kid Elam also you have to contain. Most teams has 1 or 2 or at the most 3 weapons, Corbin doesn't they are loaded with playmakers that all has to be contained. When you take 1 away, 5 more is looking to beat you. Now, thats the main reason I think Corbin wins the game.

I won't go into the details or the defenses or the coaching. But when it comes to players who are made for the big stage, I think Corbin is ready. I think Friday the whole state of Kentucky will say Wow, Corbin was ready.

I think all the pressure is on Boyle. They are the defending 4A Champion, 2 times and to win 3 will be no easy task for them. Corbin isn't supposed to win. Coaching, talent, predictions. 

Thats why I think Corbin wins the game. They got something to prove. 

The last reason is, its the 40 year mark and look who is primed and on the big stage, its there time. Go Hounds! No pressure. Do your thing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound
My head says Boyle ; my heart bleeds Corbin.  My heart has lead me astray so many times--- In love, in sports, ... in life.   There was Lolita( God, I loved that girl),  Starla ,  Amanda ; then there's the Reds , the Bengals,  UK , and Corbin(four decades of wandering in the football title wilderness).  I'm tired of being broken-hearted.  Do I listen to my head and expect fully expect another loss,  maybe tempering the hurt a little or do I let my lead me again and risk further heartache?

What say you, BGR, should I follow my head or follow my heart?

Should I follow my head or follow my heart?

you've got the lead, baby I've got a start
Should I follow my head?
Should I follow my heart?
Should I follow my head or my heart

[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Advicegiver74, Bull got out!
I will add, I wasn't at the Simon Kenton Game, so there was another time that Corbin was down in a game and came back and won. So they was down 4 games this season at some point in the game.
Thank, Bull.  That helps.  All valid points.  I'm breathing a little easier now , following the  lead weight that Rebel55 dropped on my chest with the previous post.

What about some of you others? Who comes into this game in the driver's seat?  Is it the top-ranked, undefeated Hounds or the defending state champs?

Gonna dance the day away (yeah)

Pick up your feet
You've got to move to the trick of the beat
There is no elite
Just take your place in the driver's seat

(12-01-2022, 12:14 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: My head says Boyle ; my heart  bleeds Corbin.  My heart has lead me astray so many times--- In love, in sports, ... in life.   There was Lolita( God, I loved that girl),  Starla ,  Amanda ; then there's the Reds , the Bengals,  UK , and Corbin(four decades of wandering in the football title wilderness).  I'm tired of being broken-hearted.  Do I listen to my head and expect fully expect another loss,  maybe tempering the hurt a little or do I let my lead me again and risk further heartache?

What say you, BGR, should I follow my head or follow my heart?

you've got the lead, baby I've got a start
Should I follow my head?
Should I follow my heart?
Should I follow my head or my heart

The Redhounds are rounding third and headed for home. The big red machine is gonna bring it. in 1990 after coming off a bad season I bet that the Cincinnati Reds would win the World Series, before the season even started, and they didn't let me down. They went wire to wire, and jumped on the Might Oakland A's early in the World Series and swept them.
(12-01-2022, 12:40 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Thank, Bull.  That helps.  All valid points.  I'm breathing a little easier now , following the  lead weight that Rebel55 dropped on my chest with the previous post.

What about some of you others? Who comes into this game in the driver's seat?  Is it the top-ranked, undefeated Hounds or the defending state champs?

Gonna dance the day away (yeah)

Pick up your feet
You've got to move to the trick of the beat
There is no elite
Just take your place in the driver's seat

Old School, Rebel55 has first hand knowledge of Boyle County. He aint wrong in what he is saying. Boyle has a very worthy team and I like there coaching.  Boyle is a running team. Boyle County has speed that Corbin hasn't seen this season in Quisenberry and no doubt Bodner is a hard nosed runner, Sage Dawson is no doubt a streak of lightning as well so the run game is there game and the stats tell the tale, and Line of Scrimmage is no doubt the ballgame for this matchup. If Boyle County wins that matchup, then it could be a long night for Corbin. If Corbin wins that matchup, then Boyle County will be in for a long night. The chess match is between the coaches, this game is loaded with talent all over the field for both teams. Now, I'm just a fan of the game, but I am confident in these Hounds. They pass the eye test. I am glad for one thing. If Corbin wins the championship in 2022. They will have went through, Letcher County Central, Johnson Central, Franklin County and Boyle County. There will be noone who can say, well they would have got beaten if they played this one or that one, its not possible. Corbin after this championship game will have played them all.
Henderson Co had huge guys. They were a great team. Bowling Green has a great team, & is playing for the 5A title. Boyle beat them there. Lexington Catholic was also a very good team that Boyle took care of in round 3 when it mattered most. Louisville Central was also very athletic with alot of size and Boyle handled them as well. They shut out Franklin Co in Frankfort on 10/21. Right when Franklin was playing/beginning to play their best ball of the year. I definitely agree with a poster on another thread that said Boyle will be the best team Corbin has seen all year. I’m not saying Corbin can’t/won’t win, but as with many of the points Rebel 55 makes I like our chances. I don’t miss many Boyle games. Haven’t for years. Boyle went in in 2019 with a better team - in my opinion - but Johnson Central had been there many years in a row like Boyle has now. If Boyle plays like they have the last 2 weeks and Corbin comes in and wins it, hats off to them. They’ve definitely earned it. There have been several times in the last 3 seasons though that I have watched coach Haddix win games that we probably shouldn’t have won. He has a way in these type games of getting everything out of his team. Frederick Douglass this year is the only game in his BC tenure where I’ve seen BC get drilled. Douglass would do that to anyone in 4A. I just don’t see how Boyle loses tomorrow considering their experience on this stage and considering the schedule they have played this year, but I have been wrong before. I hope for an injury free, great game hope both teams play their best so we can all see who really is the better team. Best of luck to both.
I hate to bring bad news but Corbin isn't beating Boyle County.
I think Boyle County wins it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jamesclay
(12-01-2022, 12:31 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I hate to bring bad news but Corbin isn't beating Boyle County.

James, Your funny.  Smile make sure after that game, give me your honest opinion.
(12-01-2022, 02:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 12:31 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I hate to bring bad news but Corbin isn't beating Boyle County.

James, Your funny.  Smile make sure after that game, give me your honest opinion.

Grab some coffee after the game?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’ll probably wear my helmet and put two cups on my head and chug! I’ll be there and hopefully after the game, I can buy a shirt. I’ll buy you a cup if you’re around.
If Corbin wins it will be because they were able to leverage their advantage up front on the O and D lines without being too conservative with it.
Eating a nice meal before the big game at a Chinese restaurant Old School Hound and I get a fortune cookie handed to me.  You know these things are the truth like a magic 8 ball and Ouji board.  Here is what it said   “An upset is an opportunity to see the truth”.  Since we are behind the Hounds in RPI and every ranking there is Boyle would be the underdog tomorrow night.  I really like our chance now!  It’s all in the cookie!   :D
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Old School Hound
(12-01-2022, 09:03 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Eating a nice meal before the big game at a Chinese restaurant Old School Hound and I get a fortune cookie handed to me.  You know these things are the truth like a magic 8 ball and Ouji board.  Here is what it said   “An upset is an opportunity to see the truth”.  Since we are behind the Hounds in RPI and every ranking there is Boyle would be the underdog tomorrow night.  I really like our chance now!  It’s all in the cookie!   Big Grin

Nice meal and Chinese isn’t that a oxymoron?
(12-01-2022, 09:03 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Eating a nice meal before the big game at a Chinese restaurant Old School Hound and I get a fortune cookie handed to me.  You know these things are the truth like a magic 8 ball and Ouji board.  Here is what it said   “An upset is an opportunity to see the truth”.  Since we are behind the Hounds in RPI and every ranking there is Boyle would be the underdog tomorrow night.  I really like our chance now!  It’s all in the cookie!   Big Grin

Was the Chinese restaurant beside a pet store?
(12-01-2022, 11:14 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Big Grin I have lost it on that one....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rebel55

As of matter of fact it was beside a Pet food store.  Does that count?  I thought that meow meow platter was tasty tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-01-2022, 11:18 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

As of matter of fact it was beside a Pet food store.  Does that count?  I thought that meow meow platter was tasty tonight.

You are trying to eat your way to a victory by getting rid of the dogs? lol

Be careful or you'll be in the restroom after the first quarter because Sum Ting Wong.