Poll: Who Wins This One?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
51.85%
Beechwood
48.15%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beechwood vs Mayfield (KHSAA 2A State Championship)
(11-27-2022, 04:44 PM)WHO'S NEXT? Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:44 AM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 04:02 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: I noticed in a fb post, the similarities between both teams in scoring and points allowed. Mayfield has given up 145 and Bwood I think was 102. However, the hidden numbers are there. I figured in my head and I know at least 71 of those 145 against Mayfield was on the JV defense. Most games they would play half or more of the game.
Mayfield has played cake walk teams compared to Beechwood. I know they can’t help who is on their schedule but Mayfield hasn’t played the same type of schedule like Beechwood has.

Did you see who Beechwood played in the playoffs... NO ONE. LCA is far better than anyone Beechwood played in the last 4 weeks. 

Just shows you know nothing about what Mayfield brings to the table. Mayfield's passing game is light years ahead of Beechwood. Cartwright was the better QB than 4 star Boley from the LCA. This is your first test without Berger. You're about to see how much you really miss him.

(11-27-2022, 01:57 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote: Metcalf County wouldn’t beat Lloyd. I don’t think LCA would beat Lloyd either. Lloyd has a big OL. LCA struggled with big physical lines.

Sounds like you think Lloyd is the second best 2A team in the state. 

Can't believe anyone else on this site would agree with that.
Cartwright was/is not better than Boley.

I see a tight game going into the 4th quarter then Beechwood goes to the wildcat type offense and puts Antonio Robinson in at the QB and leads Beechwood to a late game winning TD.

Antonio Robison is the highest rated Senior recruit in KY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAM22's post:
  • bo67
Whoever said Mayfield's QB is better than Boley told a big fat lie. lol
(12-02-2022, 12:03 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Whoever said Mayfield's QB is better than Boley told a big fat lie. lol

Agreed in the grand scheme of things that Boley is the better prospect due to several factors... but last weekend Cartwright clealy out played him an was the better QB an i think thats what was said..
Boley went 21 of 34 for 236 yrds 1 interception.. Cartwright went 14 of 18 for 193 yrds... better percentage an yrds per throw...
Cutter has the size, field IQ an therfore will see the offers but that night we shut down Boley's targets an Zane did the better job..
[-] The following 2 users Like ontopofthewest's post:
  • pjdoug, rookie57
(12-02-2022, 12:57 AM)ontopofthewest Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 12:03 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Whoever said Mayfield's QB is better than Boley told a big fat lie. lol

Agreed in the grand scheme of things that Boley is the better prospect due to several factors... but last weekend Cartwright clealy out played him an was the better QB an i think thats what was said..
  Boley went 21 of 34 for 236 yrds 1 interception.. Cartwright went 14 of 18 for 193 yrds...  better percentage an yrds per throw... 
  Cutter has the size, field IQ an therfore will see the offers but that night we shut down Boley's targets an Zane did the better job..
You're right. That's exactly what was said. Sometimes I can't pay attention Smile . Definitely not putting the Mayfield QB down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • ontopofthewest
Almost time for the long drive. May you all have safe travels. Enjoy the day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonis55's post:
  • Spud6
(12-02-2022, 09:57 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Almost time for the long drive. May you all have safe travels. Enjoy the day.

Good luck and safe travels.
LET'S GO MAYFIELD!!!!!
(12-02-2022, 04:56 PM)Westside Wrote: LET'S GO MAYFIELD!!!!!

I second that!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Westside
Free Live Audio Broadcast:

KHSAA Audio Broadcast

https://mixlr.com/khsaa/events/mayfield-...ood-finals

Beechwood Audio Broadcast

https://beechwood-sports-radio-network.m...ts/1758495

Mayfield Audio Broadcast

https://streema.com/radios/play/WYMC
[-] The following 2 users Like kybred's post:
  • Granny Bear, Westside
Beechwood 7 Mayfield 0
8:20 left in first
Beechwood intercepts on first down.
Halftime

Beechwood 7 Mayfield 0
See how Joe Morris played the same situation Raceland had at the end of the half? He even declined a holding penalty to call the timeout.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • RAMDAD50
I'm listening to the Beechwood radio commentators. One of them has been very impressed by the word "huge" and the other gets so excited you can't understand anything he says. They're hysterical!
(12-02-2022, 07:08 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I'm listening to the Beechwood radio commentators.  One of them has been very impressed by the word "huge" and the other gets so excited you can't understand anything he says.  They're hysterical!
Smile

Wonder if Mayfield would consider two RBs in the backfield to mix it up. Mehki Dumas is a speedy little dude (#5) and has game experience.
Mayfield intercepted again.
Oh, wait a minute....roughing the passer. Ball stays with Mayfield. On the 17
Beechwood 7 Mayfield 7

9:02 left in 3rd.
Gift TD for Mayfield
LOL, lack of discipline TD...... and a gift :)

It's ok, I understand you're a yank
(12-02-2022, 07:06 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: See how Joe Morris played the same situation Raceland had at the end of the half? He even declined a holding penalty to call the timeout.
Coaching
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Glory_Days
Not saying these aren't penalties, but one referee likes to think about it for 10-20 seconds before tossing the flag.
I've seen those kind before.  The Black Bear Mamas would boo them off the field.
Big Grin Big Grin
This game is a defensive battle!
Sure is Granny
Commentators are calling the QB Joe Burrow
End of third quarter. Score still tied.

Beechwood has it first and goal from the 9
Beechwood 14 Mayfield 7

11:55 left in game
Beechwood line with perfect execution on that TD
Beechwood ball. Under 8 min