Poll: Who Wins This One?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
51.85%
Beechwood
48.15%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beechwood vs Mayfield (KHSAA 2A State Championship)
Who wins?
I’m going with mayfield in a war.

Can a administrator add a poll to this?
I want everybody to know mysonis55 owns me in wins. So I’m not picking against mayfield at least on this prediction thread.

Mayfield 35
Beechwood 34
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • mysonis55, rookie57
Beechwood
I’m gonna hang around and watch this game….should be a good one
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Orange Blaze
Same RD. JuJu from the Cards is a beast. Beechwood is a very complete team. Mayfield has skill all over the place. This should be the best game of the weekend, imo.
(11-26-2022, 06:27 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I’m gonna hang around and watch this game….should be a good one
I’ve watched Beechwood play live twice this season and they are a solid team.  I would have loved to seen Raceland play them this season.  I think that would have been a good game.  I’ll be sticking around as well and I wish my friends in Fort Mitchell good luck and safe travels.
(11-26-2022, 06:27 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I’m gonna hang around and watch this game….should be a good one
I’m hoping I can talk my crew into going early to watch the rams game, I’ll be pulling for the big orange
[-] The following 2 users Like rookie57's post:
  • RAMDAD50, Slic Ric
Highlands beat Raceland. Beechwood would beat Highlands. I know both teams very well
(11-26-2022, 06:35 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
I’ve watched Beechwood play live twice this season and they are a solid team.  I would have loved to seen Raceland play them this season.  I think that would have been a good game.  I’ll be sticking around as well and I wish my friends in Fort Mitchell good luck and safe travels.
Well, I might just have to change my mind and pull for pikeville,,,,,
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Westside
Mayfield will beat Beechwood but I can’t believe these Raceland fans saying this will be the best game so I guess Pikeville should just stay home and forfeit their game to the Rams since they are already beat
(11-26-2022, 06:55 PM)bo67 Wrote: Highlands beat Raceland. Beechwood would beat Highlands. I know both teams very well
I’m not saying Raceland would beat Beechwood.  Actually quite the contrary.  I think Beechwood would have won by something like 31-14.
(11-26-2022, 07:01 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Mayfield will beat Beechwood but I can’t believe these Raceland fans saying this will be the best game so I guess Pikeville should just stay home and forfeit their game to the Rams since they are already beat
Nobody is saying that. As a fan it’s hard to sit back and enjoy watching a game sometimes. What he meant was it’s gonna be the best game to watch when you don’t have a dog in the hunt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(11-26-2022, 07:04 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 07:01 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Mayfield will beat Beechwood but I can’t believe these Raceland fans saying this will be the best game so I guess Pikeville should just stay home and forfeit their game to the Rams since they are already beat
Nobody is saying that. As a fan it’s hard to sit back and enjoy watching a game sometimes. What he meant was it’s gonna be the best game to watch when you don’t have a dog in the hunt.
I was only commenting because I’ve been to 2 of Beechwood’s games this season and I think they would have been a good test for our team.
Beechwood isn’t the team they we’re because their best running back is out so that’s why i picked Mayfield now Beechwood does have a good defense but Mayfield is better Than Newport Central and that game is the one I watched
(11-26-2022, 07:34 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Beechwood isn’t the team they we’re because their best running back is out so that’s why i picked Mayfield now Beechwood does have a good defense but Mayfield is better Than Newport Central and that game is the one I watched
I agree. I saw them when they had Berger and he was clearly their workhorse.

10 years ago one or both of these teams would have likely been in the 1A championship. I think this speaks volumes about who our current classification system really benefits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Sportsfan4646
If this were a Hollywood movie, Mayfield, with all that community has been through in the past year, would score a touchdown as time expires to pull off the win. But his isn't Hollywood. Mayfield is in the unusual position of not having as much experience on the big stage of the finals as their opponent, and I think Beechwood's defense will be a little bit too much for the Cardinals. I'll take the Tigers 24-14.
Please someone beat Rash and the tigers. Knock them off their throne.
Thanks to Admin for adding the poll

(11-26-2022, 09:59 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: If this were a Hollywood movie, Mayfield, with all that community has been through in the past year, would score a touchdown as time expires to pull off the win.  But his isn't Hollywood.  Mayfield is in the unusual position of not having as much experience on the big stage of the finals as their opponent, and I think Beechwood's defense will be a little bit too much for the Cardinals.  I'll take the Tigers 24-14.
Come on Walt, we need u in our corner, believe baby!
(11-26-2022, 11:40 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Thanks to Admin for adding the poll

(11-26-2022, 09:59 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: If this were a Hollywood movie, Mayfield, with all that community has been through in the past year, would score a touchdown as time expires to pull off the win.  But his isn't Hollywood.  Mayfield is in the unusual position of not having as much experience on the big stage of the finals as their opponent, and I think Beechwood's defense will be a little bit too much for the Cardinals.  I'll take the Tigers 24-14.

I am pulling for you guys.   I have nothing against Beechwood.  They've always treated us well in our series (except for usually beating us every time but one).  But it would mean a lot to the Mayfield community, after all they've been through, if they could pull this one off.  I hope my prediction is off and y'all bring it home.  I certainly won't be shocked if you do.  Good luck.
[-] The following 3 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • Cardinal4ever, rookie57, Westside
Mayfield’s story this season would make a good E60 cover story on ESPN.
[-] The following 3 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • Cardinal4ever, rookie57, Walt Longmire
There has to be a reason that the Cards are where they are. We were doubted for weeks because the best team we played was PT and they lost 6 games, all against us and after us. Did anyone by chance see how PT did on the road against CAL. Then it was that there was no way we could put a running clock on Metcalfe. If not for some blown calls, we were only 8 points away from that. Then, here comes a stout LCA team that most had anointed the state finals rematch with Beechwood. MHS somehow survived that. So, hopefully we make our record against Beechwood 8-1 this Friday. By the way, this team plays like they want to win, which has been missing for quite some time.

I wouldn’t be so sure that Mayfield will beat Beechwood. I have seen them play a few times. Nothing tells me that Mayfield is better.

(11-27-2022, 12:53 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: There has to be a reason that the Cards are where they are. We were doubted for weeks because the best team we played was PT and they lost 6 games, all against us and after us. Did anyone by chance see how PT did on the road against CAL. Then it was that there was no way we could put a running clock on Metcalfe. If not for some blown calls, we were only 8 points away from that. Then, here comes a stout LCA team that most had anointed the state finals rematch with Beechwood. MHS somehow survived that. So, hopefully we make our record against Beechwood 8-1 this Friday. By the way, this team plays like they want to win, which has been missing for quite some time.

Hopefully it will be 8-2. I think this team is playing for Mitchell! 

(11-26-2022, 11:25 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Please someone beat Rash and the tigers. Knock them off their throne.

what do you have against Rash? Did he hurt your feelings?

(11-26-2022, 07:34 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Beechwood isn’t the team they we’re because their best running back is out so that’s why i picked Mayfield now Beechwood does have a good defense but Mayfield is better Than Newport Central and that game is the one I watched

Beechwood actually hasn’t missed a beat since he has been out. I think they are more balanced now. Beechwood and New Cath are a rivalry game so throw that out the window. 

People don’t understand that Beechwood still has a lot of talent without Berger. If he was playing I would say nobody in 2a could have beat them. With that being said since the injury Beechwood has has time to adjust and become balanced in their offense. Their OL is big, strong and fast. They have big WR’s as well. Their RB is only a Sophomore as well who has been playing better than I’m sure they expected. They have one of the best defenses in 2a. Mayfield better have a good passing game because a one dimensional team won’t beat The Tigers!  With that being said I’m sure everyone around Ft Mitchell knows this game will be a very tough, slugfest type of game!
(11-27-2022, 12:39 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

I am pulling for you guys.   I have nothing against Beechwood.  They've always treated us well in our series (except for usually beating us every time but one).  But it would mean a lot to the Mayfield community, after all they've been through, if they could pull this one off.  I hope my prediction is off and y'all bring it home.  I certainly won't be shocked if you do.  Good luck.
It really would be a great thing for our town to bring that trophy home, it’s been a ruff year for so many here, thanks
[-] The following 3 users Like rookie57's post:
  • 64SUR, Walt Longmire, Westside
(11-27-2022, 02:56 AM)rookie57 Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 12:39 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

It really would be a great thing for our town to bring that trophy home, it’s been a ruff year for so many here, thanks

Corbin is rooting hard for our old 2A buddies and longtime rivals. I'll never forget those '76 and '77 championship games. Mayfield and Corbin were two of the best in the state in those years.  GO CARDS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • rookie57
I noticed in a fb post, the similarities between both teams in scoring and points allowed. Mayfield has given up 145 and Bwood I think was 102. However, the hidden numbers are there. I figured in my head and I know at least 71 of those 145 against Mayfield was on the JV defense. Most games they would play half or more of the game.
(11-27-2022, 04:02 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: I noticed in a fb post, the similarities between both teams in scoring and points allowed. Mayfield has given up 145 and Bwood I think was 102. However, the hidden numbers are there. I figured in my head and I know at least 71 of those 145 against Mayfield was on the JV defense. Most games they would play half or more of the game.
Mayfield has played cake walk teams compared to Beechwood. I know they can’t help who is on their schedule but Mayfield hasn’t played the same type of schedule like Beechwood has.
Mayfield could win this one. They’re a special group and it’d be nice see them win after all the community has dealt with.

I’d say if it were money, I’d bet Beechwood but I choose go with the heart on this one.

Mayfield by 3.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreyStoke's post:
  • Mayfieldsportsfan
Mayfield scores late to go up 7 & Beachwood can't answer!! No idea what the scores gonna be, but Mayfield pulls it out late!!
Beechwood in what will be a slobberknocker!

This one could go down as a classic!

Mayfield may very well win and I wouldn’t be surprised…. Them Mayfield folks know how to win big games.