•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pikeville Vs Raceland (KHSAA 1A State Championship)
Wrong answer Pikeville has Blake Birchfield
Raceland fans have forgot how nobody on their team tackled him
(11-27-2022, 11:30 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Raceland fans have forgot how nobody on their team tackled him
I don’t think anyone has forgotten how good he is.  Birchfield is a good back and he will get his yards.  Obviously you always want to shut down a key player but in this case I think containment to 90-120 yards might be a more realistic goal.  If we can do that I like our chances.
Raceland will have to play the game of their lives and hope Pikeville doesn’t play their best. Having watched both teams play, I just don’t see Raceland being able to hang with Pikeville this year.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Pikeville 49 Raceland 14 Running Clock
(11-28-2022, 12:35 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville 49 Raceland 14 Running Clock
I ain’t saying it’s gonna happen, but a running clock would not surprise me. If the Pikeville team I watched play against Belfry, LCA and Madison Central shows up, it’s gonna be a long day for the Rams.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Fanatic42
(11-27-2022, 10:48 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:44 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: So the only advantage Pikeville has is because they have been to the championship before, so I take that as Raceland has a better offense and defensive lines plus better running backs better linebackers better defensive backs and better receivers and definitely better quarterback and coaches so why worried about winning the game if your whole team is better. Where you at Jet-Pilot? As always GO PANTHERS!!! I still believe you guys have a chance

nope!! That’s the biggest advantage. Here’s my breakdown:

QBs: 
By the numbers it’s really close. But I’m going with Lundy based on experience and ability to run between the tackles.

WRs:
Advantage Raceland if Boykins is out. If Boykins plays, advantage Pikeville, imo. He will be the fastest on the field.

RBs:
Advantage Pikeville. Birchfield, Wright, and the other horse are a 3 headed freight train from hell. Imo, Wallace is just as hard nosed as Birchfield, just doesn’t have the breakaway speed. Farrow is as fast, but not as downhill or physical, Browning just isn’t as strong. 

OL:
it’s a toss up. Pikeville is definitely stronger, so advantage to them. But Raceland is faster upfront on offense and gets out on the second level as good as anyone in the state. If Salyer is out, advantage Raceland, if he is in, advantage Pikeville.

DL:
Another toss up. Again it’s speed vs strength here. 

LBs: Pikeville by a slim margin bc of size and Carson Wright. Raceland flies sideline to sideline like crazy though as a front 7. I just think Pikeville may be a little stronger.

Secondary: 
adblvantage Pikeville. They are just as atheistic as our secondary but outside of Wallace, they are significantly bigger I believe and just as quick.

Imo, it comes down to if Raceland has made enough strides in the off-season to physically stand toe to toe with the Panthers. From an athletic standpoint, we are neck and neck. And our LBs have drastically improved over the last year. 

midway through the season, I was second guessing our ability to hang. Now I feel like we can do that and then some. Still thumbing my way through Pikevilles games to make my final prediction. Neither one of these teams are who they were in weeks 1-4 btw. Not even close.

You would have to be eating a bowl of mushrooms while simultaneously drinking moonshine hitting the crack pipe and snorting a pill to come up with this analysis. Bless your heart Scotty.
(11-28-2022, 02:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:44 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: So the only advantage Pikeville has is because they have been to the championship before, so I take that as Raceland has a better offense and defensive lines plus better running backs better linebackers better defensive backs and better receivers and definitely better quarterback and coaches so why worried about winning the game if your whole team is better. Where you at Jet-Pilot? As always GO PANTHERS!!! I still believe you guys have a chance

QBs: 
By the numbers it’s really close. But I’m going with Lundy based on experience and ability to run between the tackles.

WRs:
Advantage Raceland if Boykins is out. If Boykins plays, advantage Pikeville, imo. He will be the fastest on the field.

RBs:
Advantage Pikeville. Birchfield, Wright, and the other horse are a 3 headed freight train from hell. Imo, Wallace is just as hard nosed as Birchfield, just doesn’t have the breakaway speed. Farrow is as fast, but not as downhill or physical, Browning just isn’t as strong. 

OL:
it’s a toss up. Pikeville is definitely stronger, so advantage to them. But Raceland is faster upfront on offense and gets out on the second level as good as anyone in the state. If Salyer is out, advantage Raceland, if he is in, advantage Pikeville.

DL:

LBs: Pikeville by a slim margin bc of size and Carson Wright. Raceland flies sideline to sideline like crazy though as a front 7. I just think Pikeville may be a little stronger.

Secondary: 
adblvantage Pikeville. They are just as atheistic as our secondary but outside of Wallace, they are significantly bigger I believe and just as quick.

Imo, it comes down to if Raceland has made enough strides in the off-season to physically stand toe to toe with the Panthers. From an athletic standpoint, we are neck and neck. And our LBs have drastically improved over the last year. 

midway through the season, I was second guessing our ability to hang. Now I feel like we can do that and then some. Still thumbing my way through Pikevilles games to make my final prediction. Neither one of these teams are who they were in weeks 1-4 btw. Not even close.

You would have to be eating a bowl of mushrooms while simultaneously drinking moonshine hitting the crack pipe and snorting a pill to come up with this analysis. Bless your heart Scotty.
Jet I think it’s best if Pikeville don’t even go because of what I been reading they a way out classed at just about every position even though Pikeville has the same linebackers and defensive backs except for one and running backs it’s going to embarrassing for them to play such a talented team and I do believe they have a talented team just not to these guy’s opinions
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-
I think Raceland fans are being delusional but I’ve been wrong before. I say that mainly because I don’t see them scoring enough points to be within striking distance in the 4th.

QBs: 

WRs:

RBs:

OL:

DL:

Secondary: 

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

If I ate some of the mushrooms in my yard, hit a crack pipe and snorted some pills(and by some miracle survived), I still couldn't imagine being able to hallucinate a way for Raceland to beat Pikeville.
Size, experience and Birchfield will propel Pikeville to another title. Boykins is like an extra scoop of ice cream on cake. It’s real good but not needed. Raceland has a very good team but not played and beaten the competition Pikeville has the last 2 years. Only way Raceland wins is if Pikeville beats themselves.
One thing i believe to be true. This IS going to be a real dog fight! Really don't see a running clock, but Pikeville wins the game. Pikeville has all it needs at every position to win this one. If you compare advantages Pikeville clearly has more, but one more you can add to that is Pikeville has "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE"! Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Patriot1
Sounds to me like Racelands the ones that need not apply!
(11-29-2022, 12:20 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Sounds to me like Racelands the ones that need not apply!
Not according to you guys read you own posts and you will see how I came to that conclusion but I personally believe it will be a tough game and both teams have excellent players and I am not characterize each team have better this or that like was done the best team on Friday will win but actually sometimes that really isn’t the best team because as fans we have seen bad games from our respective teams. I personally don’t try to say anything negative about a team unless they are getting out of hand with stuff that should not be on the field and I have nothing but respect for Racelands team and High School but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I think the RAMS need to use some Muhammad Ali "Rope-A-Dope" Friday. :-)
(11-29-2022, 12:52 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 12:20 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Sounds to me like Racelands the ones that need not apply!
Not according to you guys read you own posts and you will see how I came to that conclusion but I personally believe it will be a tough game and both teams have excellent players and I am not characterize each team have better this or that like was done the best team on Friday will win but actually sometimes that really isn’t the best team because as fans we have seen bad games from our respective teams. I personally don’t try to say anything negative about a team unless they are getting out of hand with stuff that should not be on the field and I have nothing but respect for Racelands team and High School but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

pat no ill will meant to anyone by my post. Just talking football 
All these statements are opinions. If both play A game then Pikeville is better team and will win. As we all know teams don’t always play their best every game. Raceland is a very good and talented team. This is why games are played. Might not be Pikeville’s day. I doubt it as they have faced better teams than Raceland and won. Only 2 teams left to fight it out and both should be proud.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • Big Five-0-
What is the over/under on Raceland trick plays?
I’m going to set it at 2.5.
I could see a double reverse pass, a possible jump pass from Lundy, a possible wildcat pass from Hughes…..
So I’ll go with the over lol
Tbh, it’s probably going take a rabbit out of a hat to even score at this point…
no need to look at everything.   I will go with Pikeville.  

Saying that I have enjoyed keeping up with Raceland this year.   It is great to see them there.

Pikeville 45
Raceland 28
Don’t be sand baggin Scotty…
I’m going to be honest, I went back and watched last years game and I’d call it Fools Gold for Pikeville. Pikeville hit some really big plays at key times or that game would’ve been a heckuva lot closer. Raceland had the Panthers in multiple 3rd and longs and even a few 4th downs that Pikeville was fortunate enough to convert. Birchfield’s first TD could’ve just as likely been a 4 yard loss but he jukes an unblocked kid in the backfield then sprints for a 50+ yard TD.
Also when it was 14-0 Raceland drives all the way into the red zone and a tipped pass gets intercepted by Hensley.
And I honestly think Raceland is a much better team this year. I think this could all mix together to become a perfect storm for a Raceland win. I honestly liked how Raceland just decided to line up and run the football straight at Hazard and literally inch their way down the field. Now it did keep Hazard in the game but it prepared Raceland for exactly the type of game plan that they’ll need to beat the Panthers. Long possessions, shorten the game, stay ahead of the chains, keep Pikeville’s offense off the field and keep this game 21-14 range. But they have to finish those drives and score TD’s. Pikeville can’t panic if Raceland were to go on a 8-10 minute drive and score, they’ll have to stick to their plan offensively and defensively.
Raceland is going to get some stops on Pikeville. I feel they’re going to sell out to try to shut down Birchfield, but can they?
Can Pikeville hit a few big plays to make Raceland rethink their strategy. Can Pikeville make Raceland throw it when everyone knows they have to throw it?
So many scenarios.
I really think this is going to be an absolute war.
Raceland has had Pikeville on their minds for a year. Pikeville has heard nothing but how good Raceland is all year, and trust me they have the Panthers full attention and respect. I really don’t know how this game is going to play out but I’d be surprised if either team wins by more than 2 scores.
I’m going to say the winner scores 24-30 range and the loser scores 14-17 range.
Now the one scenario that is a problem for Raceland is if Pikeville were to jump out a couple scores, then it could really turn bad quickly. I don’t think Raceland is built to play from being down 2 or 3 scores.
Hope both teams play their best and both come out injury free. Good luck to the Rams from this guy. They have more than a capable enough of a team to win their first state title.
This year will be different. But let’s not get it twisted. When Raceland played Pikeville last year, there wasn’t anyone beating the Panthers that night. That game really, imo, showed us where we were at as a program vs where we want to be. I believe this because, the off-season culture changed almost over night. Pikeville was a freight train from hell that night and tbh I think they played their worst game of the playoffs last year in the second half of the title game. But onward and upward. It’s going to be a dogfight. The Magic number imo, is 28…
Pikeville 49 Raceland 14. Running Clock
Fanatic42Pikeville 49 Raceland 14. Running Clock

Wouldn’t be a running clock with that score though. 50-14.   Smile
I’ll be shocked if this isn’t a close ball game. I’m biased but I just think the Rams are able to compete in this game.
(11-29-2022, 10:22 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: Fanatic42Pikeville 49 Raceland 14. Running Clock

Actually it would be. You only have to be up 36. I just that would be the end Score. Come on Now ? I know you understand how math works.

(11-29-2022, 11:20 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:22 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: Fanatic42Pikeville 49 Raceland 14. Running Clock

Actually it would be. You only have to be up 36. I just said that would be the end Score. Come on Now ? I know you understand how math works.
Good analysis by MB but really didn’t talk about one huge factor - Pikeville defense. Raceland hasn’t seen anything like it. And yes I mean Highlands too. I just have a hard time seeing Raceland scoring more than 14-17 on that D.
Raceland on D will stack the box or blitze constantly and Pikeville will be ready to make them pay with the passing game. Still having a hard time seeing Raceland going from not being able to tackle Birchfield at all to shutting him down.
Raceland is good but their ridiculously easy schedule has made them look great.

A lot of years this Raceland team would be good enough to win the title but this Pikeville team is special even by Pikeville standards. If Raceland does pull off the win congrats in advance, they will have reached greatness status.

Pikeville 35
Raceland 17
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Micro-Brew
Ain’t got a dog in this fight, but Pulling for the Rams. I tell you this, the rams have their hands full for sure, pikeville DESTROYED a really good LCA team. RRR

QBs: 

WRs:

RBs:

OL:

DL:

Secondary: 

Jet it’s been awhile, I wouldn’t worry about Bronson. He’s the same clown that said Daniels from Paintsville wasn’t an impact player a few years ago. Panthers roll and hope you doing good ?
Pikeville is definitely a machine but Raceland made it to the Championship Game so they have a chance. It truly depends on the guys upfront on both sides of the ball. I'm not saying they will win this aspect of the game BUT if they do .... they will have a chance. I'm rooting for the Rams!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next