Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville Job (Open)
Boone Goldsmith is the son of Billy Goldsmith who was the head coach at Lawrence County for a number of years. He and dad moved to Danville and were apart of the two state championships with Larry French at Boyle County.

I think Clevenger should be the first person on everyone's list. If he wants the job and he doesn't get it then nothing will change for that program regardless of who gets the job. Mark Peach is a solid coach but had too many things working against him due to administration/support issues. 

My question is.. would Clevenger even want the job after he got screwed over? Would he take it and try to build the program that he had already built up, for a second time?!
(11-15-2022, 10:13 AM)BlueRaider Wrote: Boone Goldsmith is the son of Billy Goldsmith who was the head coach at Lawrence County for a number of years. He and dad moved to Danville and were apart of the two state championships with Larry French at Boyle County.

I think Clevenger should be the first person on everyone's list. If he wants the job and he doesn't get it then nothing will change for that program regardless of who gets the job. Mark Peach is a solid coach but had too many things working against him due to administration/support issues. 

My question is.. would Clevenger even want the job after he got screwed over? Would he take it and try to build the program that he had already built up, for a second time?!

I think a coach wants to coach.....Its in there DNA....
(11-14-2022, 11:49 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: From what I am hearing already there are going to be some very good applicants. If Danville hires a principals friend over all the good applicants that are going to apply it will be time for new principals in Danville again.

(11-14-2022, 09:34 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 07:54 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: Has Parks had success anywhere? Fired from Bryan Station in 2019. 8-14 in the last two seasons at Berea. 35-55 at Bryan Station 2012-2019. He can rebuild Danville after their two year debacle of a new direction??? 

There are proven coaches that want this job. Coaches that have built programs. Coaches that have won championships.

Professional leadership makes professional decisions. The community is watching.
Which “proven” coaches would want to take over the train wreck in Danville right now?

I get it, I feel that completely, but there are. I guess it’s based on potential they see. Big question for me would be administration. IMHO that is the biggest strike against Danville. Lack of commitment to football. I can’t say who the coaches are in respect to my sources and those coaches. there will be applicants that have built programs to high levels.
Peach was a good coach and had success before Danville.  I get previous administration was a problem.  Danville will continue to have problems until parents and players share some accountability for last few years since Clevenger left.  If parents and players will only buy in if Clevenger is the coach why would any other coach want this job?  Danville has championship level talent with little league level discipline/mental toughness and can't be blamed 100% on the coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UK1's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-14-2022, 09:35 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 08:31 PM)Mingo Wrote: What kind of team do they expect to return?

Think about guys like Paul Rains and Ray Graham.  These guys have had a lot of success, and also coached one win teams.  Sometimes…..it’s the Jimmies and the Joes and the right fit.
no larry last stop is middlesboro trust me on that i know for a fact
Didnt Dale Mueller have a losing record before landing the job at Highlands?  I think I read that somewhere, once.

Crucial to any coach having success is support and facilities…..then every now and then it just clicks.  Haywood leaving Prestonsburg for Belfry for example….
I’ve also heard Boone Goldsmith has applied for this job. Plans to bring the air raid and try to get the Murphy kid in the blue.
It’s hard for me to believe that Danville is in the shape it is in. I played in the early 2000’s when they were an absolute powerhouse with Kelvin Turner and company. I remember watching them absolutely blast Beechwood in the state finals in 2003. I also ran track against those guys and the amount of talent they had was insane. Best of luck to this once proud program getting back on their feet.
Like someone else said Danville better get it right this time around, IMO they need an experienced coach with a proven track record at a high level they can’t risk the future of their program with a unproven inexperienced coach if they don’t make the right hire they may never get back to where they once were.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Danville Blue Devil
I never understood Clevenger being let go, I don’t understand why he wouldn’t be at the top of the list…Mark Peach is solid hopefully someone is in need of a quality Coach…
Not to get off topic but since there are some Boyle fans in here, I’ve been wanting to ask. Say Haddix moves on, who would be the Rebels hypothetical next target? Brandon Smith again, maybe Leffew? Always saw Leffew becoming a head coach.

As for Danville, French would be a great hire but Clay should’ve never been let go.
The principal is bringing all his friends on board. The principal was also in the building when Harrodsburg closed down and merged with Mercer County. If he hires his friend that has losing record at two different schools, they might need to close the school down.
(11-16-2022, 12:47 AM)Corbin Wrote: Not to get off topic but since there are some Boyle fans in here, I’ve been wanting to ask. Say Haddix moves on, who would be the Rebels hypothetical next target? Brandon Smith again, maybe Leffew? Always saw Leffew becoming a head coach.

As for Danville, French would be a great hire but Clay should’ve never been let go.

I guess we will all find out. Haddix is going back to Corbin… that’s what the Corbin folks say.
(11-16-2022, 02:23 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: The principal is bringing all his friends on board. The principal was also in the building when Harrodsburg closed down and merged with Mercer County. If he hires his friend that has losing record at two different schools, they might need to close the school down.

It would definitely be an indictment of his leadership if he hires a friend with a resume far below the other applicants. Parks isn’t close to the applicants that have or will soon apply. Danville will have the opportunity to hire the most qualified coach they have ever hired. This is a huge opportunity for the administration to earn the trust of the community. The community knowing the caliber of coaches applying for this job will not stand for the principal to name an unqualified friend. He would be risking his career at Danville to do something so foolish.
Who is it that you guys fear the admin are wanting to hire?

Who are the big name/resume applicants?

Give up the dets……
(11-16-2022, 08:35 PM)ROTC Wrote: Who is it that you guys fear the admin are wanting to hire?

Give up the dets……

Worried about Frank Parks Jr. fired from Bryan Station current Berea coach rumored to be a preference of the DHS principal. 

Not at liberty to say who the big name/resume applicants are. There are 3-4 well known accomplished coaches that have built successful programs. This hire should be the most qualified coach ever hired at Danville. It’s a make or break hire in more ways than one.
(11-17-2022, 12:05 AM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 08:35 PM)ROTC Wrote: Who is it that you guys fear the admin are wanting to hire?

Give up the dets……

Worried about Frank Parks Jr. fired from Bryan Station current Berea coach rumored to be a preference of the DHS principal. 

Not at liberty to say who the big name/resume applicants are. There are 3-4 well known accomplished coaches that have built successful programs. This hire should be the most qualified coach ever hired at Danville. It’s a make or break hire in more ways than one.

Smith Smile
(11-17-2022, 12:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Give up the dets……

Smith Smile

Haha! Have not heard his name.
I’d say a lot of coaches will apply for this job. You can come in and compete for a state championship within a few seasons with the right system and buy in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Danville Blue Devil

Give up the dets……

I am completely on the outside so educate me please. 
Why would a big name coach go to Danville?
So, within a couple days big time coach's have decided to apply? That seems odd, why would they leave their current job if they are big time?
How would you know who has actually applied? For someone to share that information would not be very ethical, IMO.

I am just looking for info. Thanks!
(11-17-2022, 01:52 PM)IAM22 Wrote:

Give up the dets……

So, within a couple days big time coach's have decided to apply? That seems odd, why would they leave their current job if they are big time?
How would you know who has actually applied? For someone to share that information would not be very ethical, IMO.

“Why would a big name coach go to Danville?” Tradition, 11 state titles and maybe that the people that fired clevenger are gone. 

“So within a couple of day…”. But think about it this can’t be a surprise. The writing was on the wall. They probably saw this coming. 

“Why would they leave current job” Could be lots of reasons. Maybe they think Danville can still be Danville. 

“How would you know who has actually applied.” I don’t. I know names swirling around the job. I don’t have inside information I have outside information that I believe is reliable. I’m confident in saying there is strong interest from successful coaches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • IAM22
(11-17-2022, 01:52 PM)IAM22 Wrote:

Give up the dets……

I'm with you, doesn't sound right to me. The biggest name that Danville could get right now would be Clevenger IMO. They did better than what many were expecting when they hired Peach. After the way the last two coaching tenures have gone, if there are "big name" coaches applying, my guess is a well known coach who is at the end of his career and wants to slap "Danville" on that final plaque, or a young guy who has had moderate success at a smaller program but knows he's about to plateau in his current position.

Bottom line, Danville is always going to be an attractive destination just because of the quality and quantity of athletes available, but after the last few years it doesn't seem like the type of job for someone who is looking to plant roots.
I'm just going to say. They better hire Clevenger back.
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • BEChargers, Gitback Coach
(11-17-2022, 11:24 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I'm just going to say. They better hire Clevenger back.

Yes they should. Clevenger deserves his job back. Never should have been fired and the superintendent knows it. He is the best coach for this job. What’s holding Greg Ross and Chad Luhman up from doing the right thing?
(11-18-2022, 01:15 AM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 11:24 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I'm just going to say. They better hire Clevenger back.

Yes they should. Clevenger deserves his job back. Never should have been fired and the superintendent knows it. He is the best coach for this job. What’s holding Greg Ross and Chad Luhman up from doing the right thing?
What if he turns down the job? What then? Dumpster Fire time again?
(11-18-2022, 11:09 AM)jlow Wrote:

if it was offered and he declined might settle things down maybe people could move on then
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • Gitback Coach
French to Danville.
(11-18-2022, 11:57 PM)NextGeneration Wrote: French to Danville.
Facts or fiction ?
(11-18-2022, 07:47 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:09 AM)jlow Wrote:

if it was offered and he declined might settle things down maybe people could move on then

He will accept the job if offered.
How in hell would Goldsmith get a HC job when he can't count to eleven? Get a grip, this is freakin Danville! Title Town?! The ADS!
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • ironfist13
(11-15-2022, 01:08 AM)watcher Wrote: I just knew Larry French had coached in the area.  I know several people in the area knows him.  He is a good man and legendary coach.  Not sure where he is on the all time wins list.  I think he might be in the top five.  I am sure that stat is somewhere on KHSAA.  I am sure there will be other quality candidates.

Larry is currently number 3 on the all time wins list.  Behind Philip Haywood and Dudley Hilton.

(11-19-2022, 03:11 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: How in hell would Goldsmith get a HC job when he can't count to eleven? Get a grip, this is freakin Danville! Title Town?! The ADS!

What is that supposed to mean?  Can't count to 11?
(11-18-2022, 11:57 PM)NextGeneration Wrote: French to Danville.
Have you not learned to not post on anything about Middlesboro as you you are clueless?
[-] The following 1 user Likes MHSJacketsFan's post:
  • Gitback Coach