Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letcher County Central Cougars
64.86%
Clay County Tigers
35.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County vs. Letcher Central - AAAAA District 8 Championship
Well lets see your reasoning Hit and Run. You say LCC will score 8 points. In 11 games this year they have scored more than 20 points, in 6 games they have scored more than 40 points, and in 2 games they have scored more than 60 points. You say 8 points, I say you don't have a clue !!!!!!
WINDSPRINT i couldnt agree more.......
Hit and Run Wrote:Lewis isn't as unathletic as you think, if Letcher doesn't watch out he'll put up 100 yards rushing and 250 passing. This is a different Tiger team, the defensive mentality is completely different. Since having a shootout wif PCC they were called out by not only the coaches, but everybody in Clay County. They will not give up more than 2 TD's Friday night. Like i said earlier.
Clay-36
LCC-8

do you think it was the call out that got the defense going, or was it playing competition like edmonson,harlan,whitley and morgan?
cougar_54 Wrote:i think LCC by a td or 2...

do you know dale strurgil
Windsprint Wrote:Well lets see your reasoning Hit and Run. You say LCC will score 8 points. In 11 games this year they have scored more than 20 points, in 6 games they have scored more than 40 points, and in 2 games they have scored more than 60 points. You say 8 points, I say you don't have a clue !!!!!!
I just dont see them giving up alot of points to LCC. They've had many young kids grow up the last few weeks. They are not the same team you all watched play at the beginning of the year. Everyone has came together and are doing what has to be done. If Clay gives up a lot points then I was completely wrong and you guys can call me an idiot all you want., but I just don't see it happening.
Hit and Run Wrote:I just dont see them giving up alot of points to LCC. They've had many young kids grow up the last few weeks. They are not the same team you all watched play at the beginning of the year. Everyone has came together and are doing what has to be done. If Clay gives up a lot points then I was completely wrong and you guys can call me an idiot all you want., but I just don't see it happening.

I agree, it is a different Clay team, But this is a different LCC team as well. Letcher took control in the Whitley game and dominated for most of the second half. Clay was unable to do so only a few weeks ago when they played Whitley at home.That wasn't even a Playoff game. So you know Whitley didn't take that game as seriously as they did the second Letcher game. All in all, I guess what I'm saying is if both teams bring their A+ games, Letcher will beat Clay soundly. but if Letcher comes out weak again, as they have done in a majority of their games. Clay has a serious opportunity to take a lead and hold it to get the W.
JACOB actually i do......
I like Clay in this one...42-38
clay by a touchdown
Good luck to the Cougars and Coach Howard.