Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letcher County Central Cougars
64.86%
Clay County Tigers
35.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County vs. Letcher Central - AAAAA District 8 Championship
Who will come out on top??

I personally think Letcher Central will come into this game rolling hard! This is their first appearance in the playoffs, and I think they are determined to prevail.

LCC 42
Clay Co. 38
Both teams are playing real well and this should make for a real good game. I think Clay pulls out the win... Good Luck to both.

Clay County- 35
Letcher Central- 28
LCC in a close game
Letcher County Central - 32
Clay County - 29
Clay's Offense will be very hard to stop! I think it will be a high scoring game.

LCC-35
Clay-42
i think LCC by a td or 2...
Clay County has the revenge factor on their side which is a plus in the playoffs when you have two teams this evenly matched. My brain is tellin me to pick Letcher the way they have been playin but my gut says Clay County. I'll make a prediction later in the week.
still will pick letcher central because this is there 1st taste of playoffs in school history...s yeah im all for the cougars.....

it will be a great game...
cougar_54 Wrote:still will pick letcher central because this is there 1st taste of playoffs in school history...s yeah im all for the cougars.....

Say what?Smile
i am still going to pick the cougars because this is their 1st taste of the playoffs in school history. even though it will be 1 heck of a game.....
i predict:
LCC-42
CLAY-34
Going to be a classic! Clay will want some revenge this Friday Night. LCC just has to want it more! Go Cougars and best of Luck!
LCC by 3.
Don't look now, but the Tigers are rolling. People said the D couldnt stop anybody. They proved everyone, including me wrong by holding Perry scoreless after the 1st quarter. Freshman Tanner Gilbert was a man last night, he laid some major hits on the QB.

Clay:36
Letcher:8
cougar_54 Wrote:still will pick letcher central because this is there 1st taste of playoffs in school history...s yeah im all for the cougars.....

1st time goin to the playoffs aint always a good thing. Nerves and butterflies may take control. BUT, I don't think that'll happen with this bunch, should be a great game. Still gonna wait til later in the week to make my pick.
If Letcher Central can control the line of scrimmage like they did against Whitley, they will be district champions.
LCC 49
Clay County 38
Redneck Wrote:1st time goin to the playoffs aint always a good thing. Nerves and butterflies may take control. BUT, I don't think that'll happen with this bunch, should be a great game. Still gonna wait til later in the week to make my pick.

No its not but with the Letcher Central cougars it is only because they all wanted to go to the pplayoffs and now they are in..... Back to whether or not it is good or bad. The cougars must always start games off with nerves and butterflies. i say this only because after the 1st quarter they are ready to tear heads off.....
Big Grin :rockon: :ChairHit:
cougar_54 Wrote:No its not but with the Letcher Central cougars it is only because they all wanted to go to the pplayoffs and now they are in..... Back to whether or not it is good or bad. The cougars must always start games off with nerves and butterflies. i say this only because after the 1st quarter they are ready to tear heads off.....
If they stay nervous through the first quarter they might find theirselves in a bigger hole than they came out of the first game, and this is a diffrent Tigers defense. If Clay gets up early, they will not blow a lead this time.
That's a real good point HIT AND RUN but the cougars pulled it off at the TIGER DEN and hopefully they can do it on ther ehome field COUGAR STADIUM
cougar_54 Wrote:That's a real good point HIT AND RUN but the cougars pulled it off at the TIGER DEN and hopefully they can do it on ther ehome field COUGAR STADIUM

You can't use that game as an example brother, Clays entire game plan has been changed dramatically on both sides of the ball. The bottom line is this, If the cougars come out making stupid mistakes, such as bobbling the football on ST and fumbling every other series like they did against Whitley. Clay has the caliber of Personell to take a big lead and bleed the clock out the reast of the game. Ergo if Letcher comes out and finally puts 4 quarters of solid play together, They will come out victorious.
true treu roughneck40... if LCC doesnt committ stupid penelties clay can do it....
i mean if lcc doesnt commit stupid penelties clay wont stand a chance.....
LCC is going to have to bring their A game....Banks and Brock are gonna have to play big. I think this one will be a shootout--very high scoring game...lol.

LCC-56
Clay-47
so will fisher and tolson on offense and Frazier and shepherd on defense....
cougar_54 Wrote:i think LCC by a td or 2...
I think they will win by 3 or 4.

cougar_54 Wrote:i mean if lcc doesnt commit stupid penelties clay wont stand a chance.....
If they don't make stupid mistakes the tigers will not stand a chance.

Redneck Wrote:Clay County has the revenge factor on their side which is a plus in the playoffs when you have two teams this evenly matched. My brain is tellin me to pick Letcher the way they have been playin but my gut says Clay County. I'll make a prediction later in the week.

I THINK THAT LCC WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin :letsparty

I predict :Thumbs: :champ:

LCC:47

Clay Co.:33
jacob Wrote:I think they will win by 3 or 4.

If they don't make stupid mistakes the tigers will not stand a chance.

I THINK THAT LCC WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin :letsparty

I predict :Thumbs: :champ:

LCC:47

Clay Co.:33

LOL you think LCC win will by 3 or 4 Tds but you on got them winning by 14.
cougar_54 Wrote:No its not but with the Letcher Central cougars it is only because they all wanted to go to the pplayoffs and now they are in..... Back to whether or not it is good or bad. The cougars must always start games off with nerves and butterflies. i say this only because after the 1st quarter they are ready to tear heads off.....

Smile The more and more I read your posts about anything, the funnier they get because 9 times outta 10 they don't make any sense at all.
Redneck Wrote:Smile The more and more I read your posts about anything, the funnier they get because 9 times outta 10 they don't make any sense at all.

:thatsfunn
from what i remember claycounty had the game well in hand at half time last game and made stupid mistakes to let letcher back in it in the second half.
Clay in an upset