Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Madison Central
24.14%
Pikeville
75.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Central @ Pikeville 9/30
Smile
(09-27-2022, 05:49 PM)64SUR Wrote: No one will know who I pick………unless you look at the pick’em contest
I know who you pick without looking
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • 64SUR
Madison Central is undefeated with no impressive wins this season. Pikeville will hand them their first loss of the season and it should not be a close game.
pikeville wins big
Pikeville may very well win but I just don’t see it being by a big margin. Spin it how you want to but MC is an undefeated 6A team. I remember a couple years back when Pikeville went and played a mediocre 6A Campbell Co and had a long bus ride home. Also Madison Central beat Pikeville last year and really didn’t lose much. Now apparently their best receiver is suspended and no clue about their best RB’s health, but I can assure they’ll have depth at every position, which as you could see in the Corbin game really wore Pikeville down over the course of the game. If any of you guys want to give me Madison Central and 28 let me know since you guys think a blow out is coming.
In saying that, I do think if the Panthers play up to their potential they can definitely win. Now if they win big and by “won’t be close”, then well I guess 1A teams should start thinking about next year.
Btw what the hell has happened to Russellville this year? Did their entire team graduate or relocate?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-
My heart says 1A Pikeville but my head says 6A Holcomb.

MC - 28
P - 20
Madison Central struggled to beat LCA, which Pikeville decimated at home. MC beat a weak Paul Laurence Dunbar by one point and beat a mediocre Madison Southern team in OT. Pikeville lost to MC on the road last season but the margin was only 2 points. Madison Central is not a strong 6A team, despite their deceptive unbeaten record. When Pikeville scheduled MC I am sure that they expected the game to be a big challenge, which it was last season, but IMO, MC will have a long, joyless bus ride home.
(09-25-2022, 06:22 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Madison central has played nobody. They are not very good. Putty tats with the W. I will be in attendance for this one and Jet pilot may get whipped when I get there!

flog his head. lol
Pikeville 35
Madison Central 31
(09-28-2022, 10:45 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Pikeville may very well win but I just don’t see it being by a big margin. Spin it how you want to but MC is an undefeated 6A team. I remember a couple years back when Pikeville went and played a mediocre 6A Campbell Co and had a long bus ride home. Also Madison Central beat Pikeville last year and really didn’t lose much. Now apparently their best receiver is suspended and no clue about their best RB’s health, but I can assure they’ll have depth at every position, which as you could see in the Corbin game really wore Pikeville down over the course of the game. If any of you guys want to give me Madison Central and 28 let me know since you guys think a blow out is coming.
In saying that, I do think if the Panthers play up to their potential they can definitely win. Now if they win big and by “won’t be close”, then well I guess 1A teams should start thinking about next year.
Btw what the hell has happened to Russellville this year? Did their entire team graduate or relocate?
IMO, if Pikeville comes out with the enthusiasm and excitement they had the last two games it could bold very well for the win. Just wonder if Coach Mac and staff might open up the playbook a little more in this one.
(09-28-2022, 01:49 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 10:45 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Pikeville may very well win but I just don’t see it being by a big margin. Spin it how you want to but MC is an undefeated 6A team. I remember a couple years back when Pikeville went and played a mediocre 6A Campbell Co and had a long bus ride home. Also Madison Central beat Pikeville last year and really didn’t lose much. Now apparently their best receiver is suspended and no clue about their best RB’s health, but I can assure they’ll have depth at every position, which as you could see in the Corbin game really wore Pikeville down over the course of the game. If any of you guys want to give me Madison Central and 28 let me know since you guys think a blow out is coming.
IMO, if Pikeville comes out with the enthusiasm and excitement they had the last two games it could bold very well for the win. Just wonder if Coach Mac and staff might open up the playbook a little more in this one.
If they dominate like they did last week then no need to show any more of your cards than you have to.
I think the Panthers will win but I would be surprised if it's by a large margin, I think I predicted 32-30 but that was under the assumption most of Madison Central's best players were playing and I've read that may not be the case. Pikeville should have won in Richmond last season, if I remember correctly Birchfield fumbled at the 1 yard line with a minute to go going in for the go ahead TD. Then again I kinda thought the Belfry game would be somewhat close, atleast for a good portion of the game and I thought the LCA game would be close for a while, especially with Boley under center, with Pikeville winning by about 10-14 points in both games so who knows.
(09-28-2022, 12:07 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 06:22 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Madison central has played nobody. They are not very good. Putty tats with the W. I will be in attendance for this one and Jet pilot may get whipped when I get there!

flog his head. lol

I’ll be hitting him so many times he’ll be saying “You all get off me”
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(09-28-2022, 07:21 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

flog his head. lol

Big Grin You crack me up! You all… lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
I am a Pikeville fan but if you guys think this is going to be a game like LCA I think you are going to have awakening. I watched 2 of the games they have played and they definitely have some talent and they have a 6’7” tackle that has already signed with uk and a lot of other good players. Now I did hear their best receiver was out due to a ejection and their running back has been hurt but don’t know his status but they have some more good receivers and good running backs and a good line. Now can Pikeville beat them yes but they are going put an good effort to get it done but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
  • Hound05
I made my prediction in the Pick'em thread before doing enough research. There, I projected a 28-21 Pikeville win. After looking deeper into Madison Central's wins, I concluded that Pikeville should win by a much larger margin.

Pikeville 42  Madison Central 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hound05
(09-28-2022, 08:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I made my prediction in the Pick'em thread before doing enough research. There, I projected a 28-21 Pikeville win. After looking deeper into Madison Central's wins, I concluded that Pikeville should win by a much larger margin.

Woah

flog his head. lol

Show him no mercy. break him from sucking eggs. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-28-2022, 08:24 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I am a Pikeville fan but if you guys think this is going to be a game like LCA I think you are going to have awakening. I watched 2 of the games they have played and they definitely have some talent and they have a 6’7” tackle that has already signed with uk and a lot of other good players. Now I did hear their best receiver was out due to a ejection and their running back has been hurt but don’t know his status but they have some more good receivers and good running backs and a good line. Now can Pikeville beat them yes but they are going put an good effort to get it done but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I’m on your side on this one. I think people dig into scores a little to much for my taste, but I’ve been caught up in it as well. But the same central team beat southern by 3. Now I have no idea how good southern really is, or central for that matter. But everyone is high on southwestern pulaski. They only beat that same southern team
by a TD and a 2 pt conv. To me, I think it means very little come Friday. But those that are comparing scores for this game, that would catch my eye. 

but I think Pike will win pretty comfortably. I would be surprised if they put a clock on them, outside Of maybe the 4th qtr. still doesn’t change my perception on Pike. They are a solid team. I don’t think they’re as “solid” as what some on here might think. But hey, they probably think the same about my team. But if had to bet on a team winning the title, my money is on Pikeville
(09-28-2022, 09:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

flog his head. lol

You can’t break a egg sucker
  • jetpilot
(09-28-2022, 08:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I made my prediction in the Pick'em thread before doing enough research. There, I projected a 28-21 Pikeville win. After looking deeper into Madison Central's wins, I concluded that Pikeville should win by a much larger margin.

I don’t know what type of offense central plays. But unless they ground and pound the whole time, your score is what I was thinking. Still somewhat close going into the half, maybe 21-14 or 21-7.
(09-28-2022, 09:06 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:

flog his head. lol

Use rotten eggs.... Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Patriot1
(09-28-2022, 09:06 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:

flog his head. lol

Right it's all over when a dawg starts sucking eggs.
(09-28-2022, 09:09 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

I don’t know what type of offense central plays. But unless they ground and pound the whole time, your score is what I was thinking. Still somewhat close going into the half, maybe 21-14 or 21-7.
It looks like MC runs quite a bit more than they pass, but they are not a ground-and-pound team like JC. Maybe MC will start playing like an undefeated 6A team against Pikeville, but right now, their opponents' combined record is 5-25 and they have had three close games, including an OT game against a team with only one win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hound05
You really did make me LOL. “Start playing like and undefeated team against pikeville” ???
I think we have some trolls on here lol. Anybody who thinks one of the top teams in 6A is going to come into Pikeville and lay down and get steamrolled by a 1A team is either joking or delusional. MC took 6A champ St. X to the brink in the semis last year and has pretty much everyone back. They are coached by the legendary Mike Holcomb and are solid in all phases of the game. They have a 6'9" 300 lb tackle who has committed to UK. They are undefeated and for those who say they haven't played anyone they have 2 wins over teams rated above Johnson Central's best win (wink wink). They have been hit with injuries including their RB1 but this game should be a war. They still are great vs the run only allowing around 60 yards a game.

If Hensley (RB1) and or West (WR1-suspension?) play I will take Pikeville by 2 in a nail-biter at home.
If one or both don't play I will take Pikeville 28-17.
[-] The following 4 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Panther Thunder, Patriot1, Walt Longmire
Hensley ran for 120 yards and 3 TDs behind his big OL vs 6A champ St X in the semis last year in a close loss on the road FWIW.
(09-29-2022, 09:32 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I think we have some trolls on here lol. Anybody who thinks one of the top teams in 6A is going to come into Pikeville and lay down and get steamrolled by a 1A team is either joking or delusional. MC took 6A champ St. X to the brink in the semis last year and has pretty much everyone back. They are coached by the legendary Mike Holcomb and are solid in all phases of the game. They have a 6'9" 300 lb tackle who has committed to UK. They are undefeated and for those who say they haven't played anyone they have 2 wins over teams rated above Johnson Central's best win (wink wink). They have been hit with injuries including their RB1 but this game should be a war. They still are great vs the run only allowing around 60 yards a game.

If Hensley (RB1) and or West (WR1-suspension?) play I will take Pikeville by 2 in a nail-biter at home.
All that historical information is great, JP, but MC has a one point win over Dunbar, and OT win over Madison Southern, and a four-point win over an LCA team that Pikeville just demolished - and that is what they have done THIS season. Pikeville will be playing this year's Madison Central team, not the one that played much better LAST season.

Johnson Central's weak schedule has nothing to do with this thread, JP. Johnson Central would love to play Madison Central this season for RPI purposes. MC is going to win a lot of games against what is a weak schedule for a 6A team, but Pikeville should definitely not be among those wins.

You keep taking swipes at JC because you seem to be under the impression that nobody but Pikeville has improved since the beginning of the season. JC loss of Carter Conley in the North Laurel game is kind of like Pikeville losing Boykins would have been. The difference is that Johnson Central is a much deeper team than Pikeville.

Maybe you're right. Maybe Madison Central, being a 6A team, has the depth to stay close to Pikeville - but I don't think so. 6A is a very top heavy class and nobody is going to mistake MC for a state title contender. They have played a very weak schedule for a 6A team.
(09-29-2022, 10:48 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 09:32 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I think we have some trolls on here lol. Anybody who thinks one of the top teams in 6A is going to come into Pikeville and lay down and get steamrolled by a 1A team is either joking or delusional. MC took 6A champ St. X to the brink in the semis last year and has pretty much everyone back. They are coached by the legendary Mike Holcomb and are solid in all phases of the game. They have a 6'9" 300 lb tackle who has committed to UK. They are undefeated and for those who say they haven't played anyone they have 2 wins over teams rated above Johnson Central's best win (wink wink). They have been hit with injuries including their RB1 but this game should be a war. They still are great vs the run only allowing around 60 yards a game.

All that historical information is great, JP, but MC has a one point win over Dunbar, and OT win over Madison Southern, and a four-point win over an LCA team that Pikeville just demolished - and that is what they have done THIS season. Pikeville will be playing this year's Madison Central team, not the one that played much better LAST season.

Johnson Central's weak schedule has nothing to do with this thread, JP. Johnson Central would love to play Madison Central this season for RPI purposes. MC is going to win a lot of games against what is a weak schedule for a 6A team, but Pikeville should definitely not be among those wins.

You keep taking swipes at JC because you seem to be under the impression that nobody but Pikeville has improved since the beginning of the season. JC loss of Carter Conley in the North Laurel game is kind of like Pikeville losing Boykins would have been. The difference is that Johnson Central is a much deeper team than Pikeville.

Maybe you're right. Maybe Madison Central, being a 6A team, has the depth to stay close to Pikeville - but I don't think so. 6A is a very top heavy class and nobody is going to mistake MC for a state title contender. They have played a very weak schedule for a 6A team.

Pikeville has more players on the roster than JC and at least as many excellent players. We will just have to agree to disagree. And you are either just trolling about MC here or just flat out wrong about them. On a lighter note go Pikeville and good luck to JC and we can all agree Let's Go Brandon!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(09-29-2022, 11:56 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 10:48 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Pikeville has more players on the roster than JC and at least as many excellent players. We will just have to agree to disagree. And you are either just trolling about MC here or just flat out wrong about them. On a lighter note go Pikeville and good luck to JC and we can all agree Let's Go Brandon!
Pikeville could dress as many players as Trinity or St. X and still not have a chance against a really good 6A team. There are 5 really good 6A teams in Kentucky and I don't believe that MC is one of them. We can revisit this thread after the season and probably agree who was right - but we may have to take the question to arbitration. We will always agree on our enthusiastic support of Brandon. Let's go, Brandon!