Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
70.00%
Boyd County
30.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Boyd County 9/30
(09-26-2022, 08:23 PM)Brutus Wrote: I respect Greenup’s performance in that game and said so immediately after. But as I predicted before that game there were several reasons for a subpar effort and execution in that contest. Being acquainted with school and community culture helps. The LC program has only won their homecoming game twice in the last decade or so. There’s a good reason that has little to do with who the opposition might be.
Josey, I’ve seen every LC game this season as usual and Greenup is not the best team they’ve played yet. LC’s defense was subpar in that game. Offense was worse. Greenup played great. But I and I think every other LC supporter will be thrilled for a playoff rematch.
And if you’re gonna lean on KHSAA RPI to make a rational argument, II’ll just say bless your heart. Lol
Exactly!
(09-26-2022, 08:10 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I believe if he was ejected then he’s out for the first half of next game.
Maybe a whole game. From KHSAA website:

(8) Following the day of ejection, there shall be a minimum two additional games/meets/contests suspension for any participant ejected from a contest in all sports and sport activities except football; (9) Following the day of ejection, there shall be a minimum one additional contest suspension for any participant ejected from a scrimmage or contest in football;
(09-26-2022, 08:23 PM)Brutus Wrote: I respect Greenup’s performance in that game and said so immediately after. But as I predicted before that game there were several reasons for a subpar effort and execution in that contest. Being acquainted with school and community culture helps. The LC program has only won their homecoming game twice in the last decade or so. There’s a good reason that has little to do with who the opposition might be.
Josey, I’ve seen every LC game this season as usual and Greenup is not the best team they’ve played yet. LC’s defense was subpar in that game. Offense was worse. Greenup played great. But I and I think every other LC supporter will be thrilled for a playoff rematch.
And if you’re gonna lean on KHSAA RPI to make a rational argument, II’ll just say bless your heart. Lol
Hilarious!    It doesn’t take much to get y’all’s fur up??????.   If anyone knows about the RPI….and how inaccurate it can be ….it’s Belfry.   10th in RPI in 2019(3A champs).  15th in RPI in 2021(champs).  Get it.   However….trying to downplay Boyd’s schedule….when you have two common opponents ….and they’ve played an extra game against South Point is  disingenuous.   Mason Co. is better than anyone you’ve played too this point.   So….the easy option is to put it in black and white.     Bless y’all’s heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Brutus
I think the good thing about LC is they're a work in progress and getting better each week. They're a veteran team but they've got some guys who have played a lot of offense getting used to new roles on defense and vice versa. I think the staff is still figuring out how to get some skill guys involved. They've got the potential to make a deep playoff run. They could also bow out in the second round.

Likewise for Friday night. If LC plays relatively clean, I think they win convincingly. If not, could be a long night for the Bulldogs.
Great points Gabby!
No fur up here.

LC faces better opponents in practice than South Point would be. Or Lewis County. Boyd gets big credit from me for beating Greenup.
But score comparisons don’t help much, especially in high school. Matchups are the issue.
Which is why I think Boyd could be problematic. Talented QB who can run. Size. Length.
Combine that with early mistakes by LC like a turnover or shanked punt of critical penalties, then all of a sudden you’ve got a matchup issue AND momentum.
All that said, if it’s a clean game and LC does not turn it over, I think their rushing game trumps.
You coming to the game, Outlaw?
(09-27-2022, 03:20 PM)Brutus Wrote: No fur up here.

LC faces better opponents in practice than South Point would be. Or Lewis County. Boyd gets big credit from me for beating Greenup.
But score comparisons don’t help much, especially in high school. Matchups are the issue.
Which is why I think Boyd could be problematic. Talented QB who can run. Size. Length.
Combine that with early mistakes by LC like a turnover or shanked punt of critical penalties, then all of a sudden you’ve got a matchup issue AND momentum.
All that said, if it’s a clean game and LC does not turn it over, I think their rushing game trumps.
You coming to the game, Outlaw?
Should be an interesting contest.  I think both teams are capable of winning.   Whoever wins the penalties/turnover number wins.    Unfortunately, I won’t get to see it live.  I’ll be working in far Northern Ky.     Hope for an injury free game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Brutus
LC has to come out ready to play on Defense from the first snap. Gave up first series TDs to Greenup, Russell, and East Carter. Magoffin drove into the red zone, but a bad snap resulted in a scoop and score for LC. They've played more or less dominant defense other than those first drives.
(09-26-2022, 09:25 PM)timocee Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 08:10 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I believe if he was ejected then he’s out for the first half of next game.
Maybe a whole game. From KHSAA website:

(8) Following the day of ejection, there shall be a minimum two additional games/meets/contests suspension for any participant ejected from a contest in all sports and sport activities except football; (9) Following the day of ejection, there shall be a minimum one additional contest suspension for any participant ejected from a scrimmage or contest in football;

Yeah I will be surprised if Collins plays. Boyd has a serious problem with being mouthy and penalty yards. Very talented team, but not disciplined whatsoever.
Outlaw, be safe in the work in NKY! I think this will be interesting and if it’s injury free I’ll be celebrating that. Life’s too short to see kids get seriously hurt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brutus's post:
  • OutlawJoseyWales
(09-26-2022, 07:11 PM)Fanman Wrote: Collins got ejected from last weeks game, so not sure if he will be allowed to play. Not sure how that works in football.

I didn't realize that.  If that's the case, then I switch my pick to Lawrence.  That guy is a difference maker.
Opponents records are fairly close, Lawrence opponents are 13-17, East Carter the best at 5-1. Boyd County opponents are 18-16 with their tough loss to Mason County who is 5-0 by one point 13-12. Mason County’s opponents however are atrocious at 5-18. Boyd was by far Mason’s toughest opponent as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lcgrad2002's post:
  • Brutus
Will this game be live stream, or broadcasted?
(09-28-2022, 05:38 PM)Dawg Family Wrote: Will this game be live stream, or broadcasted?

It should be on http://www.mytowntv.com/  or on their Facebook page
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • Bull got out!
Game day!!
10-7 at half. 160 yards rushing for LC in first half, Dawgs will get ball to start 2nd half

Dawgs take lead 13-10 after Ferguson TD run, 2nd on the night.