Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 24 Pulaski 21
Once again Corbin isnt putting the ball in the hands of their best offensive weapons. But after the last couple of years that's no big surprise.
On top of that if something isn't done about Corbins pass defense/DBs haddix will put up 100 points on them if Corbin even gets a chance to play them.
Greers defense at full strength looks pretty dominant all over the field, PC has realistic threats and they did a fairly good job keeping them out of the endzone during the game. Now as for Corbin’s O, something has to change. They are playcalling with the idea of holding the ball and running the clock, which is fine but the last 3 years the red hounds have the weapons to be a true run and shoot/ air raid team especially with elam at the helm. I mean he’s proved the last couple weeks he can make simple 1 or 2 reads and make some killer throws. Don’t know why they can’t move back to what haddix had going. i guess it’s Like y’all say 98-0. At least he isn’t the DC
The play calling last night was similar to the Johnson Central game last year. They ran when they should’ve thrown, and threw it when they should’ve ran it. They also tried running up the middle too much last night when it should’ve been more outside stuff or right up the left side O line’s lanes.

Maybe there is a rhyme or reason to it but from my view along the Lynn camp Creek fence line, I was puzzled.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • TD Hounds
(09-10-2022, 05:18 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Greers defense at full strength looks pretty dominant all over the field, PC has realistic threats and they did a fairly good job keeping them out of the endzone during the game. Now as for Corbin’s O, something has to change. They are playcalling with the idea of holding the ball and running the clock, which is fine but the last 3 years the red hounds have the weapons to be a true run and shoot/ air raid team especially with elam at the helm. I mean he’s proved the last couple weeks he can make simple 1 or 2 reads and make some killer throws. Don’t know why they can’t move back to what haddix had going. i guess it’s Like y’all say 98-0. At least he isn’t the DC

I was telling someone before the season,Bull maybe…,that I’d heard Greer was gonna be calling the defense again.  Hard to argue he can absolutely make it hard on a OC…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-10-2022, 01:53 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 01:29 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Man Corbin is balling out this year
Ahhhh. The same Franklin team we played last week just got blew out by Ballard. Pikeville got beat by Cov cath. And Whitley lost to PCC. As it stands our only good win was this one. And our district isn’t gonna help any either (no offense). I just hope they don’t let their egos get big and have another regional let down!
Pikeville was a huge win. IMO

(09-10-2022, 08:20 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 01:26 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: This is one I'd like to have to have watched.

Me too!!!

I was following Bull's updates, but it wasn't easy!  He'd post "fourth and inches; they're going for it".  Then it would seem like HOURS before he'd post again.  I just wanted to type SAY SOMETHING!!!  

Big Grin Big Grin
You aren't kidding, Granny! I had the rare (and unfortunate) "opportunity" to sit at home and watch a game due to Covid, and my BP being super high with it. So a young kid had to record our game film and I was trying to find the Corbin game. Ended up watching CAL and Lexington Cath (not a huge fan of the North teams...but I thought why not). Turned into a non competitive deal. Would've love to have caught Corbin and PC.

(09-10-2022, 02:27 PM)HOFER Wrote: Once again Corbin isnt putting the ball in the hands of their best offensive weapons. But after the last couple of years that's no big surprise.
On top of that if something isn't done about Corbins pass defense/DBs haddix will put up 100 points on them if Corbin even gets a chance to play them.
No, he won't. The players he has can put up points with a Berea (no offense) K-2nd coach coaching them against most teams. Corbin defense is real. Boyle would win this matchup, yeah, but it sure isn't all because of who is coaching who. I watched Haddix play a Boyle team a few years back with a better Corbin team than this one...I also remember the score. If I were Corbin, and I know I'm not and I know I don't know their inner problems, or whatever. But be thankful for what you got. Dude has won the same amount of titles as Haddix has for that same team, and has had less chances so far.
(09-10-2022, 11:51 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:38 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:23 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: 98-0 what do you all expect?….

Smile Somewhere in that ballpark lol..
Big Grin Was referring to the past score of another game this OC was part of….then we hired him and thought our offense was gonna be better?  Undecided
Like I said. Short term memories. Haha
(09-10-2022, 05:18 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Greers defense at full strength looks pretty dominant all over the field, PC has realistic threats and they did a fairly good job keeping them out of the endzone during the game. Now as for Corbin’s O, something has to change. They are playcalling with the idea of holding the ball and running the clock, which is fine but the last 3 years the red hounds have the weapons to be a true run and shoot/ air raid team especially with elam at the helm. I mean he’s proved the last couple weeks he can make simple 1 or 2 reads and make some killer throws. Don’t know why they can’t move back to what haddix had going. i guess it’s Like y’all say 98-0. At least he isn’t the DC
Ok I can’t hold it in anymore. What would be the difference if he was the DC? Last year our “great” DC ran a 5-2 against JC. An offense that most if the time either has one TE split out or double tight, with a full backfield.  Best case scenario it was 6 offensive lineman and 3 in the backfield in the box vs 7 defenders. 9 vs 7 in the box, with grant Bingham blocking ans speed and power behind him running. And our DC has 7 in the box on a running team? My kids could figure that one out. 

I hate to bitch after a win, but our KIDS have proven themselves over and over. It’s time for the the coaching staff to do the same!  Or at least the ones who have the power! I don’t think we’ve won a game in the past 3 years we’re we were equal talent wise. They tell the kids to produce or they’ll find someone who will! When’s it gonna be time for the parents, boosters, etc to say the same for them? Rant over!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(09-10-2022, 07:27 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
Ok I can’t hold it in anymore. What would be the difference if he was the DC? Last year our “great” DC ran a 5-2 against JC. An offense that most if the time either has one TE split out or double tight, with a full backfield.  Best case scenario it was 6 offensive lineman and 3 in the backfield in the box vs 7 defenders. 9 vs 7 in the box, with grant Bingham blocking ans speed and power behind him running. And our DC has 7 in the box on a running team? My kids could figure that one out. 

I hate to bitch after a win, but our KIDS have proven themselves over and over. It’s time for the the coaching staff to do the same!  Or at least the ones who have the power! I don’t think we’ve won a game in the past 3 years we’re we were equal talent wise. They tell the kids to produce or they’ll find someone who will! When’s it gonna be time for the parents, boosters, etc to say the same for them? Rant over!!

It’s the same philosophy you see out of Stoops periodically and it drives me crazy, we play not to lose instead of calling the plays to put points on the board…..
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(09-10-2022, 11:54 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:51 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:38 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:23 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: 98-0 what do you all expect?….

Smile Somewhere in that ballpark lol..
Big Grin Was referring to the past score of another game this OC was part of….then we hired him and thought our offense was gonna be better?  Undecided

You know how I feel about these knuckle heads........ I about choked on popcorn 7/8 times last night.....  Big Grin  I about started cussing and stomping a few times.... Smile

You must be kin to me. My great grandmother acted like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-10-2022, 06:23 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I was telling someone before the season,Bull maybe…,that I’d heard Greer was gonna be calling the defense again.  Hard to argue he can absolutely make it hard on a OC…

Did you forget the 2017 state championship game? lol
(09-11-2022, 12:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Did you forget the 2018 State Semis?  Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat, when I seen our best D lineman getting blown off the ball in 2017 I knew it was going to be a ruff game.  It’s been talked about, discussed, and properly vetted Boyle CO’s offensive line in 2017 was pretty darn special and imo doesn’t get near the credit on here that some of the other units from other schools have….All that being said it’s pretty well acknowledged by more than me and you Greer can coach a defensive unit, and I’ve not seen anything out of our defense so far this year that’s changed my mind…Pulaski was held to under 30 points for the first time this season Friday night…
(09-11-2022, 04:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 12:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Did you forget the 2018 State Semis?  Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat, when I seen our best D lineman getting blown off the ball in 2017 I knew it was going to be a ruff game.  It’s been talked about, discussed, and properly vetted Boyle CO’s offensive line in 2017 was pretty darn special and imo doesn’t get near the credit on here that some of the other units from other schools have….All that being said it’s pretty well acknowledged by more than me and you Greer can coach a defensive unit, and I’ve not seen anything out of our defense so far this year that’s changed my mind…Pulaski was held to under 30 points for the first time this season Friday night…

I remember seeing him lose a few chess matches at three different schools. He's Ok, but not as good as advertised.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
His ego keeps him from being a great defensive mind. He won’t change or adapt. I’ve seen it countless times and heard from former players. They’ll tell him what they are doing isn’t working, and he’ll just brush it off. I.e. mayfield 2018, JC 2021. Probably more. That’s just the ones I know for sure. But I will give you is a a good defensive coach. I think haddix made him look better. Actually they complemented each other very well as far as football goes.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug, TD Hounds
(09-10-2022, 07:07 PM)smoke1015 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 01:53 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 01:29 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Man Corbin is balling out this year
Ahhhh. The same Franklin team we played last week just got blew out by Ballard. Pikeville got beat by Cov cath. And Whitley lost to PCC. As it stands our only good win was this one. And our district isn’t gonna help any either (no offense). I just hope they don’t let their egos get big and have another regional let down!
Pikeville was a huge win. IMO

(09-10-2022, 08:20 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 01:26 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: This is one I'd like to have to have watched.

Me too!!!

I was following Bull's updates, but it wasn't easy!  He'd post "fourth and inches; they're going for it".  Then it would seem like HOURS before he'd post again.  I just wanted to type SAY SOMETHING!!!  

Big Grin Big Grin
You aren't kidding, Granny! I had the rare (and unfortunate) "opportunity" to sit at home and watch a game due to Covid, and my BP being super high with it. So a young kid had to record our game film and I was trying to find the Corbin game. Ended up watching CAL and Lexington Cath (not a huge fan of the North teams...but I thought why not). Turned into a non competitive deal. Would've love to have caught Corbin and PC.

(09-10-2022, 02:27 PM)HOFER Wrote: Once again Corbin isnt putting the ball in the hands of their best offensive weapons. But after the last couple of years that's no big surprise.
No, he won't. The players he has can put up points with a Berea (no offense) K-2nd coach coaching them against most teams. Corbin defense is real. Boyle would win this matchup, yeah, but it sure isn't all because of who is coaching who. I watched Haddix play a Boyle team a few years back with a better Corbin team than this one...I also remember the score. If I were Corbin, and I know I'm not and I know I don't know their inner problems, or whatever. But be thankful for what you got. Dude has won the same amount of titles as Haddix has for that same team, and has had less chances so far.
You must have watched a different game than I did. Corbin got burnt all night long and if not for a dropped pass toward the end it would have been game over for Corbin. No way I will be thankful for what we have when the kids are continually let down by the coaching staff and nobody else should be either. What a ridiculous take.