• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 24 Pulaski 21
Final.
Congratulations Red Hounds!!

Great game!!!
Congrats Hounds, tough win!
Way to go Hounds.
Congratulations to Corbin
Sheewwww. They can’t be doing that! My heart rate is still up.

Hey PC is a hell of a team with one helluva coach. That 3-5 D gave us fits. And a great passing team. They had all the momentum there for a while. That PF for celebrating killed them. But we’ve got them before. Corbin didn’t play bad at all. I don’t think that was us at our best, but credit PC for that. Defense wins championships and it also won tonight. Two 4th down stops!

I’m glad that WR is ok. I went to talk to a friend in the stands close to where the hit took place. It was a clean football hit, text book. But man oh man was it hard. That kid is gonna fill it tomorrow. But I think he ended up coming back didn’t he? Tough kid. How’s the other one that hurt his leg?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Good job redhounds!!
Congrats Corbin!!!
Corbin looked like they had a game plan tonight to just take the air out of the ball with the running game. Pulaski is a quality opponent. I have never seen a QB throw a pass like the Pulaski QB. He kinda looked like he was flipping a frisbee the way he threw the ball. He was hitting the target and those recievers for Pulaski would go after the ball. Very good football game overall and really needed to get ready for down the road. Congratulations Corbin, Nice win!
Congratulations Corbin
This is one I'd like to have to have watched.
Man Corbin is balling out this year
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tailback44's post:
  • jax
(09-10-2022, 01:29 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Man Corbin is balling out this year
Ahhhh. The same Franklin team we played last week just got blew out by Ballard. Pikeville got beat by Cov cath. And Whitley lost to PCC. As it stands our only good win was this one. And our district isn’t gonna help any either (no offense). I just hope they don’t let their egos get big and have another regional let down!
Corbin needs to improve, but they are almost a complete team. They  have a very good quarterback with strong runners behind him, defense and special teams. it's nice to have a kicker that can punt it deep,  hit the long field goal, or kick it into the end zone every time.
Congrats Corbin. Good win.
I thought some folks was sleeping on Pulaski. I had watched them early on and thought they looked pretty darn good. As a football fan, I'm glad it was a good game to watch. Two very good teams going the distance always makes for a great game and atmosphere. Congrats Redhounds.
Way closer than I like to see our games but I’ll take it man what a game….Pulaski definitely has nothing to hang there heads about they’re gonna be a hard out this year…Like Hound 05 said I just hope this isn’t the pinnacle of the season for our team….
(09-10-2022, 01:26 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: This is one I'd like to have to have watched.

Me too!!!

I was following Bull's updates, but it wasn't easy!  He'd post "fourth and inches; they're going for it".  Then it would seem like HOURS before he'd post again.  I just wanted to type SAY SOMETHING!!!  

Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, smoke1015
The refs had to walk to one side of the field and ask Greer his opinion and then go walk to the other side of the field and ask Coach Hines...Then there was delays. LOL, yeah that takes a while.... First kickoff of the game for Corbin was a Touchback, the kid runs it out of the endzone and to the 22 yard line, the officials were like, we didnt see anything....... So if I delayed.....Blame on the refs, dang refs.
The officiating crew didn’t know their tail hole from a rabbit hole. They weren’t one sided to either team, just bad and not up to date on the rules.

I think Corbin’s play calling was suspect to say the least. Not sure why they kept trying to run up the middle. It clearly wasn’t working. That said, PC has a great team. I tried telling some fans all week that they have a legit shot and I’d not be surprised if they won.

After watching the game, I’d honestly say this is a 10-17 point Corbin win with good play calling but that’s why you play the game. PC is going to be tough come November. I know you never can predict who wins the PC/SW game but that’s your district title game. It’s gonna be a good year off of Hwy 39. Also glad to see that the two kids who got hurt seem to be healed up and things weren’t as bad as it appeared.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!
Officiating crews are stacked to make sure their home region team has a shot to win, you've got to always give the home region team +7 going into the contest with an out of region opponent, and this goes for all sports especially basketball. Of course it'd be the exact same if Corbin was at Pulaski, and I'd say these two teams are about as even as could be, you could flip a coin on who wins on a neutral field with neutral officials.

You can blame this game factor on the powers that be for letting coaches to rate officials to see who gets to go call regionals and state tournament competitions. Coaches should have absolute zero control over rating/ranking/grading officials, the powers that be should have a board of older officials/AD's/others in every region that show up to random games all season long and grade officials in each region, even then, I'd guess politics would still rule the day, it is what it is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spoozer12's post:
  • Bull got out!
Corbin is about at least a 3 touchdown better team IMO.
I will say the playing calling was suspect. But it has been for the past 3 years. I think that’s just normal now haha. But yea, If they opened it up and took more 15-20 yard shots down the field Id agree about the 3 td difference. But credit goes to PC. That 3-5 D was a curveball to us. I get why they were trying to run, but at same time PC was
Blitzing 1 or 2 every play, so there’s
Gonna be holes for passing. When they kept
Doing that corner blitz I still don’t know why we didn’t do a hard count. He was timing it up every play!
One reason for me this game was close was the play calling… I thought it killed the momentum for Corbin in this game. Corbin had a opportunity to blow this game wide open. But when you let a team like a Pulaski hang around and get momentum, it almost cost us… 3yards and a cloud of dust all night…. I don’t like that…As for Pulaski, they needed to throw the long ball more…. It was open…. 1 dropped that was most likely a touchdown.
98-0 what do you all expect?….
(09-10-2022, 11:23 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: 98-0 what do you all expect?….

Smile Somewhere in that ballpark lol..
Listen, there game plan worked and that’s all that matters right now..

Some things I really liked was using big Franklin West to run behind…. That will come in handy down the road….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(09-10-2022, 11:38 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Big Grin Was referring to the past score of another game this OC was part of….then we hired him and thought our offense was gonna be better?  Undecided
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(09-10-2022, 11:51 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:38 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Big Grin Was referring to the past score of another game this OC was part of….then we hired him and thought our offense was gonna be better?  Undecided

You know how I feel about these knuckle heads........ I about choked on popcorn 7/8 times last night.....  Big Grin  I about started cussing and stomping a few times.... Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds